Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,627 members, 7,847,623 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:33 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11846516 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13313) (13314) (13315) (13316) (13317) (13318) (13319) ... (16242) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:30am On Jun 22, 2022
very insecure with huge ego. the paul onobi whoi he used to bench where is he today?ote author=Truidstar post=114040547]

Olise is an insecure individual. He needs constant affirmation that he is the boss. His man management skill leaves much to be desired. Wish him all the best in his new assignment. Hope he has learned from his mistake.[/quote]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay1: 9:52am On Jun 22, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Exactly, Rahimi sterling said that too. France's own is terrible, when you see their team, una go think say na African team, yet the black players who were stars while playing just don't get the opportunities, same for the Dutch.

It's really pathetic in France and Netherlands.

Van Der Sar with no management or executive experience became Ajax CEO after retiring but his black Dutch colleague won't even dream of getting same job, even if the colleague is more experienced.

Although things are changing gradually , and we hope it will get better. The surprising appointment of Kompany by Burnley is a good thing. At least if people like Lampard, Gerard etc got those jobs without anything on their CV, Kompany deserves sane opportunity

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:30am On Jun 22, 2022
The zoning is just caf indirectly embarrassing African football. Weak teams will see luck and have no pedigree to leave the group stages at the big stage, people will even forgetthe qualifiers was such a rough, long ride. If they think this is development,then they are foolish and naive. It's no west African fault that they carry this thing for head.

Now the best teams are competing for two slots while other carpentry teams are gladly going to be given a life line to further embarrass the continent. They should continue.

Ghana, CIV, Burkina, etc will beat other zones black and blue. That's what Caf is afraid of. Smh. Unfair!!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 12:14pm On Jun 22, 2022
daveP:
The zoning is just caf indirectly embarrassing African football. Weak teams will see luck and have no pedigree to leave the group stages at the big stage, people will even forgetthe qualifiers was such a rough, long ride. If they think this is development,then they are foolish and naive. It's no west African fault that they carry this thing for head.

Now the best teams are competing for two slots while other carpentry teams are gladly going to be given a life line to further embarrass the continent. They should continue.

Ghana, CIV, Burkina, etc will beat other zones black and blue. That's what Caf is afraid of. Smh. Unfair!!

Ahmad Ahmad brought this CAFU_A, B et al. thingy, what surprises Me is how Nigeria, Ghana, et al FA's agreed to buy that nonsense. The thought is to develop the footballing less privileged country ( I don't know the responsibility of their FA). Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Ghana can not be to the same underage tourney in a year coz of the useless setup, even if they are currently the best 3 on the continent for that year.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:07pm On Jun 22, 2022
Oliseh no doubt has a great football mind but sometimes he doesn't know how to manage people especially in a team situation where you need to manage egos. This is where greats like Ferguson, Pep, Mourinho etc excelled. Know when to be harsh and when to be calm and nice. If most players don't like you then there's no way you can succeed as a coach.

Truidstar:

Olise is an insecure individual. He needs constant affirmation that he is the boss. His man management skill leaves much to be desired. Wish him all the best in his new assignment. Hope he has learned from his mistake.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nomyth: 1:08pm On Jun 22, 2022
Tessyy1701:

Ahmad Ahmad brought this CAFU_A, B et al. thingy, what surprises Me is how Nigeria, Ghana, et al FA's agreed to buy that nonsense. The thought is to develop the footballing less privileged country ( I don't know the responsibility of their FA). Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Ghana can not be to the same underage tourney in a year coz of the useless setup, even if they are currently the best 3 on the continent for that year.

This is the lie they sold but we all know the motive. Ask them why have they not replicated this at Club football level where West Africa is below other regions.

Let them continue, by the time FIFA starts reducing Africa's slot due to poor performance maybe their eyes go clear.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:20pm On Jun 22, 2022
chrisooblog:
Oliseh no doubt has a great football mind but sometimes he doesn't know how to manage people especially in a team situation where you need to manage egos. This is where greats like Ferguson, Pep, Mourinho etc excelled. Know when to be harsh and when to be calm and nice. If most players don't like you then there's no way you can succeed as a coach.

that guy na idiot. The ego and pride of this our 94 set too much even sometimes you will think they won both the afcon and World Cup at the same year

They are also one of the problems we have in our football circle that is denigrating the sport in Nigeria everyday

Olise was just an overhyped ndidi during his playing days and I will pick mikel ahead of him any day and any time

When it comes to footballing intelligence,elegance,charisma and finesse I will place jay jay,Kanu and mikel as the best we have ever produced as a nation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:27pm On Jun 22, 2022
Chief Oliseh has his faults but no caps he's one of the best if not the best midfielders we ever produced.

Boss do you know what it means for a DM to give 4 assists in a tournament? Guy no be beans.

A level headed Sunday would easily feature for any of the best teams today.

Oliseh's poor attitude sometimes cost him alot in his career.

charlesemeka85:
that guy na idiot. The ego and pride of this our 94 set too much even sometimes you will think they won both the afcon and World Cup at the same year

They are also one of the problems we have in our football circle that is denigrating the sport in Nigeria everyday

Olise was just an overhyped ndidi during his playing days and I will pick mikel ahead of him any day and any time

When it comes to footballing intelligence,elegance,charisma and finesse I will place jay jay,Kanu and mikel as the best we have ever produced as a nation

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:55pm On Jun 22, 2022
We go dey follow their development. Correct me if I’m wrong, that 2013 set has been the best so far as regards how many are at least having an okay senior career. Or maybe 1993 set?

Modified
How many goals did Musa Muhammed score by FK besides that he scored in the WC final?

Mujtahida:

I do Yinmu when I read his comments. Forgive my skepticism. U-17 football is butter cake. In Iheanacho's set, the captain was a blast with free kicks. Where him dey now?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:59pm On Jun 22, 2022
Oliseh na idiot for disrespecting Mikel. But in my opinion the former is untouchable in that DM position.

Modified

Oliseh wants to make a point that he is the boss that he had a great career. Very unnecessary while coaching .
chrisooblog:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:04pm On Jun 22, 2022
U no lie dem get very big ego. But that team were very much feared globally at the time. Since then we never reach in terms of other teams respecting us. When u talk of Nigeria being a football weight na mostly because of them.

charlesemeka85:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 22, 2022
charlesemeka85:

. Over hyped Ndidi grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:30pm On Jun 22, 2022
Truidstar:
. Over hyped Ndidi grin grin grin
I swear cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:32pm On Jun 22, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:34pm On Jun 22, 2022

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:37pm On Jun 22, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Fweshest3: 6:38pm On Jun 22, 2022
What is happening with Osimehn. Looks like lille and napoli scammed the world in osimhen deal. Police just reportedly raided lille and napoli offices. Napoli President is a major culprit .i see why Sanheli left arsenal after Pepe transfers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:00pm On Jun 22, 2022
This boy, Malcom Ebiowei has turned down Manchester United in favour of Crystal Palace. In fact, he is inches away from sealing his Palace deal.

Funnily, once this deal is rapped and he gets to play for Palace in the EPL, he might forget he once trained with the golden Eaglets. I don't trust these Anglo Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:13pm On Jun 22, 2022
Yep. And he's Asst SE Coach, Finidi George's nephew.

Time will tell. wink

ChrisKels:
This boy, Malcom Ebiowei has turned down Manchester United in favour of Crystal Palace. In fact, he is inches away from sealing his Palace deal.

Funnily, once this deal is rapped and he gets to play for Palace in the EPL, he might forget he once trained with the golden Eaglets. I don't trust these Anglo Nigerians.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:17pm On Jun 22, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Time will tell. wink

united intend signing and sending him on loan while palace wants him in their first team

I think a move to palace if it materializes will be better for him

Heard he is closely monitored by the nff and I believe him being a relative to ex international finidi may give us the upper hand in capping him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:18pm On Jun 22, 2022
England U19 international of Nigerian descent Tim Iroegbunam may be on his way out of Aston Villa on a temporary basis before the close of the summer transfer window, if reports from the English press are anything to go by.

According to The Athletic UK, unnamed EFL Championship clubs are lining up to to take the central midfielder on loan next season.

Aston Villa, led by Steven Gerrard, have to decide what is best for him, whether to loan out the promising teenager to a second tier club where he is guaranteed minutes or keep him in the first team to understudy the more experienced midfielders.

Per the report, Iroegbunam is likely to be behind Boubacar Kamara and Marvelous Nakamba in the pecking order of central midfielders should he remain at Villa Park in the forthcoming season, therefore a loan move to the Championship will benefit him.

The 18-year-old is a highly regarded prospect at Aston Villa, making the matchday squad for Premier League games on twenty two occasions last season and was given minutes in three games.

Iroegbunam joined Aston Villa from West Brom last July and eight months later, signed a contract extension until 2027.

He is currently on international duty with the Young Lions at the 2022 European U19 Championship and went the distance in a 2-0 win over Austria at the weekend.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:20pm On Jun 22, 2022
There is no if anymore. The lad has already completed his medicals. 5 yrs deal to be signed next. He is joining Palace.

charlesemeka85:
united intend signing and sending him on loan while palace wants him in their first team

I think a move to palace if it materializes will be better for him

Heard he is closely monitored by the nff and I believe him being a relative to ex international finidi may give us the upper hand in capping him

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:24pm On Jun 22, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
There is no if anymore. The lad has already completed his medicals. 5 yrs deal to be signed next. He is joining Palace.

better choice for his career growth and development

Palace re known for giving young talents a chance so I hv no doubt he will blossom under the stewardship of viera

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:28pm On Jun 22, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Time will tell. wink

Nothing excites me here, as long as he is neither an AM nor a CB, and to make matters worse his citizenship is dual.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:32pm On Jun 22, 2022
English talent Malcolm Ebiowei won’t join Manchester United. He’s set to sign his contract with Crystal Palace after medicals completed this week, it’s a done deal. ��� #CPFC

Ebiowei will leave Derby County to join Palace - contract will be valid until June 2027.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:47pm On Jun 22, 2022
This player na cultist

Even Messi and Ronaldo as fit as they are ,dem no get this record ,should we even talk of Joseph yobo then who started 38 epl games in a season and played all minutes ,inaki Williams still do pass am

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:48pm On Jun 22, 2022
cheesy cultist no be small
andrewbaba44:
This player na cultist

Even Messi and Ronaldo as fit as they are ,dem no get this record ,should we even talk of Joseph yobo then who started 38 epl games in a season and played all minutes ,inaki Williams still do pass am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 7:49pm On Jun 22, 2022
charlesemeka85:
English talent Malcolm Ebiowei won’t join Manchester United. He’s set to sign his contract with Crystal Palace after medicals completed this week, it’s a done deal. ��� #CPFC

Ebiowei will leave Derby County to join Palace - contract will be valid until June 2027.
I think he can represent Netherland too

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:53pm On Jun 22, 2022
Samueltemi337:
I think he can represent Netherland too
yes also qualified to play for England. Finidi may do the magic for us

We hv good flank players but will be a good addition for a possible rebuild in the nearest future. Also his inclusion will bring more competition to the team but my biggest worry is our lean midfield most especially the AM and CM positions. I believe the emergence of anderlecht’s new boy ishaq, alhassan and onyedika will give us more options in the nearest future most especially if they continue to do well in their respective clubs

Also eze and olise remains an option for the AM position until they re cap tied to their other countries they hv affiliation with
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 7:54pm On Jun 22, 2022
Awoniyi's deal to Nottingham almost done. It's a big gamble in my opinion. Really rooting for him. Hoping he'll look back later this year and be glad he made the right decision.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 7:55pm On Jun 22, 2022
charlesemeka85:
yes also qualified to play for England. Finidi may work the magic for us

We hv good flank players but will be a good addition for a possible rebuild in the nearest future. Also his inclusion will bring more competition to the team
is he better than Tells Nathan?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 7:59pm On Jun 22, 2022
charlesemeka85:
yes also qualified to play for England. Finidi may do the magic for us

We hv good flank players but will be a good addition for a possible rebuild in the nearest future. Also his inclusion will bring more competition to the team but my biggest worry is our lean midfield most especially the AM and CM positions. I believe the emergence of anderlecht’s new boy ishaq, alhassan and onyedika will give us more options in the nearest future most especially if they continue to do well in their respective clubs

Also eze and olise remains an option for the AM position until they reach cap tied to their other countries they hv affiliation with
your worry should be our CB position

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13313) (13314) (13315) (13316) (13317) (13318) (13319) ... (16242) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ihenzy(m), forgiveness and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.