Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,923 members, 7,852,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:45 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11878015 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13365) (13366) (13367) (13368) (13369) (13370) (13371) ... (16252) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:30am On Jul 19, 2022
M7even:
Does this mean the beginning of an end to our dynasty's reign in women football. We failed to qualify for the female soccer Olympics and here we are now , though we qulified for the World Cup , but we wouldn't be champions of Africa to console us for missing out of Olympic female football.

This is how trends starts and the earlier we nip this in the bud the better for us.

We may not have lived up to expectations on the world stage but we are a dominant team on the African continent. Sadly, this tournament put me at the edge of my sit watching our beautiful super falcons.

The girls have tried they have done their best. They held their nerve playing with 9 ladies for over seventy minutes including overtime.

I'd recommend that we host the next women competition to give our team a fresh sense of balance and understanding of the true Nigerian spirit, ruthlessness, mastery that has over the years characteristized our female team

Winning the tournament is not our birthright and it's not beginning of any end

We ought to be focused on challenging the world and not this local champion "dynasty" you're talking about. We've never entered semifinals of that competition

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by activities2: 12:32am On Jul 19, 2022
Samueltemi337:
when clubs don dey talk like this mean say something dey ground
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by orriyomi33(m): 12:34am On Jul 19, 2022
Some people are asking for the social media handle of the referee that officiated the super falcons match.
They want to tell her something.
���

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 12:39am On Jul 19, 2022
Nigeria will keep dominating the African women's game till christ comes! None of those countries can match us. It's quite laughable that the overhyped Moroccans can't take the ball past the midfield line until it was 9 against 11. They didn't get to the edge of our box from minutes 10 till Ayinde was sent off. They just became clueless. The Super Falcons team is becoming highly formidable. The team is highly balanced to the extent that 2 red cards were not enough for them to loose. We coming back to take our �. Weldone Super Falcons! More power!!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DanOKC: 12:49am On Jul 19, 2022
Randy Waldrum is a fool,

So Ordega de beautician dey bench, he left her and continued with onumonu who was really tired.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:50am On Jul 19, 2022
orriyomi33:
Some people are asking for the social media handle of the referee that officiated the super falcons match.
They want to tell her something.
���
@Rhadiasalma.... We big pass all this social media something abeg. Na pinnick I blame.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 12:51am On Jul 19, 2022
DanOKC:
Randy Waldrum is a fool,

So Ordega de beautician dey bench, he left her and continued with onumonu who was really tired.

Bro... Pulling out Kanu was a wrong move. Onumomu should have come out for Gift. Anyway, we move...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DanOKC: 1:00am On Jul 19, 2022
When will this laser shit stop, its always this northerners lasering other teams up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:07am On Jul 19, 2022
DanOKC:
When will this laser shit stop, its always this northerners lasering other teams up.

The north Africans have a lot of influence in CAF... they can't make it stop...
It's pathetic...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:08am On Jul 19, 2022
Etebo should buy a textbook on how to play box to box midfield from Christy Ucheibe and study it everyday... That girl is what a proper B2B midfielder should be .. Pace,stamina and intelligence

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DanOKC: 1:14am On Jul 19, 2022
Danielnino00:

The north Africans have a lot of influence in CAF... they can't make it stop...
It's pathetic...
Any match against them, if you're not getting lasered, its red card.

Tunisia for the men
This shit morrocan team with there big hedded captain chebbak, thinks she ronaldo.

This match just dey vex me.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DanOKC: 1:25am On Jul 19, 2022
First time watching The Super Falcons in Afcon.

Before the start of this tourney, Gotv were showing how they won 2018 edition, over here thinking I will see them lift it live not knowing Caf, Var, and Ref had other plans.

That ref suppose collect 2by2 wey dem times 2 come raise am to 4.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:33am On Jul 19, 2022
DanOKC:
Any match against them, if you're not getting lasered, its red card.

Tunisia for the men
This shit morrocan team with there big hedded captain chebbak, thinks she ronaldo.

This match just dey vex me.

And we wonder why North African teams cant extend their dominance outside of the continent...
Can they try this laser nonsense at the world cup?

Shame on CAF

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 5:22am On Jul 19, 2022
Onumonu doesn't press,no killer instinct,no hold up play and little or no contribution to the team's general play
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 7:16am On Jul 19, 2022
Samueltemi337:
A part of me wants Morocco to win

I nor fit for south Africa noise
Abeg make those south Africans touch trophy small. Dem don try abeg. This should be their 4/5th final I think.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:55am On Jul 19, 2022
Highlights of the Super Falcons match. They fought like warriors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8onie-3Xqo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Pidginwhisper: 8:56am On Jul 19, 2022
mostob:
Bro... Pulling out Kanu was a wrong move. Onumomu should have come out for Gift. Anyway, we move...
I said this before,very wrong move. I bet we could’ve scored with the Combo of Kanu and Monday with Onumonu taken of. But yet we move. But how do we progress if we have Moroccan in charge of VAR?. From the moment tbe first red was given, I knew it’s going to get worse

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 19, 2022
binhozie:
Carney Chukwuemeka or Lesley Ugochukwu should be contracted to understudy Ndidi when he is back, this Bonke is too shaky and na mature guy might leave super eagles same time as Ndidi self.

Aribo and Iwobi CM pairing is begging for Eze and Olise as competition, we need etebo too.

Sanusi is a decent LB even better than Bassey but Bassey has potential to be a world class CB.

Iheanacho doesnt really suit the fluid systems that brings the best in other Nigerian players, his presence distorts the fluidity but his high IQ compensates for this.

Emmanuel Dennis should be played from the middle or guided.(he doesn't play for Nigeria like he has the legs to run like a Nigerian winger).

Moffi and Osimhen and Dessers, Awoniyi should be our top 4 number nines no need for obsession with tall guys if they are not performing.

All these Eze, Olise, even small Lesley Ugo and Carney aren't willing to play for the GWG except their ambitions to play for their country of birth looks unachievable again.

As long as these foreign borns aren't willing to dorn our shirt, make we nor they put them for any of our plans. Eze and Olise can go fvck themselves for all I care. We have Bonke, Alhassan, Amoo as back-ups for the regular midfielders for now. That's what we have and we're gonna be working with going forward while we continue to look midfield gems in other European leagues.

No be by force to play for 9ja!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:17am On Jul 19, 2022
you are just emotional and in severe pains cheesy cheesy

GoddyOra:

All these Eze, Olise, even small Lesley Ugo and Carney aren't willing to play for the GWG except their ambitions to play for their country of birth looks unachievable again.

As long as these foreign borns aren't willing to dorn our shirt, make we nor they put them for any of our plans. Eze and Olise can go fvck themselves for all I care. We have Bonke, Alhassan, Amoo as back-ups for the regular midfielders for now. That's what we have and we're gonna be working with going forward while we continue to look midfield gems in other European leagues.

No be by force to play for 9ja!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 19, 2022
charlesemeka85:
you are just emotional and in severe pains cheesy cheesy

In severe pains for being objective?
We go dey here when 2026 WC qualification games come around and none of them Eze, Ugo, Olise is yet to earn a cap grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 9:44am On Jul 19, 2022
mostob:

Pidginwhisper:
I said this before,very wrong move. I bet we could’ve scored with the Combo of Kanu and Monday with Onumonu taken of. But yet we move. But how do we progress if we have Moroccan in charge of VAR?. From the moment tbe first red was given, I knew it’s going to get worse

You guys are forgetting the coach is from the U.S and therefore has preference for the U.S based or born players.

Onumonu herself should have fallen to the ground and signalled to be substituted since it was obvious she was tired.

If you're the coach and your daughter is playing will you sub her off even when she's tired

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:44am On Jul 19, 2022
Scottish Premiership side Rangers are reportedly interested in signing exciting Nigerian left-back Ali Koiki.

According to Football Insider, the 22-year-old Koiki is subject to interest from the Light Blues and EFL League One club Derby County.

As at three days ago, Rangers were lagging behind the Rams in the race for the signature of the Northampton Town defender.

Derby County are in the market for a left-back following the departure of Lee Buchanan to Werder Bremen and Koiki fits the ball as he has the same playing style of two of their former players in Malcolm Ebiowei and Festy Ebosele, who moved to Crystal Palace and Udinese respectively this summer.

Rangers are also looking for a reinforcement at left-back to replace Ajax Amsterdam-bound Calvin Bassey and are close to completing a deal for Liverpool's Ben Davies.

Koiki had an outstanding season at Northampton Town, notching three assists in 41 league appearances to help the Cobbers qualify for the playoffs, where they were beaten by Mansfield Town in the semifinals.

He played for the youth teams of Crystal Palace and Burnley and also lists Swindon Town and Bristol Rovers as his previous employers.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:43am On Jul 19, 2022
Malcolm Ebiowei starts for Crystal Palace vs Manchester Utd in a preseason friendly billed to kick off in less than 30mins.

Anglo-Nigerian lads in David Ozoh, Victor Akinwale, Ademola Ola-Adebomi and Irish-Nigerian, Omotayo Adaramola are on the bench for Palace.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 11:27am On Jul 19, 2022
Who knows the social media handle of that disgusting Zambian female pundit on SuperSport yesterday? She sat on the far right.

I need to give her a piece of my mind.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:17pm On Jul 19, 2022
Malcolm Ebiowei in action vs Manchester Utd in Preseason today.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:08pm On Jul 19, 2022
Not a fan of female football ,but I watched yesterday game and the game pain me sha

That our GK na ekuke abeg ,Nigeria should have even won with 9 men without going to the extra time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:19pm On Jul 19, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Not a fan of female football ,but I watched yesterday game and the game pain me sha

That our GK na ekuke abeg ,Nigeria should have even won with 9 men without going to the extra time

@bolded... is Exactly why you should have kept this post "unsubmitted".

Chiamaka Nnadozie, an Ekuke?? Andy, please stick to Men's football abeg.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:22pm On Jul 19, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

@bolded... is Exactly why you should have kept this post "unsubmitted".

Chiamaka Nnadozie, an Ekuke?? Andy, please stick to Men's football abeg.

she suppose hold the Morocco equalizer abeg ,maybe she have been good in the tournament or somewhere else ,but that Morocco goal na ekuke performance from her

I no Dey sugarcoat anything

No be you go tell me Wetin I go submit or not okay .

I should stick to men football because of my opinion ? Lol

Oga you better rest

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:26pm On Jul 19, 2022
Which second goal? Match ended 1-1.

You mean the Moroccan goal. Well, if you watch it on replay, she actually stretched for that ball. The ball wasn't within her reach. She even tried getting a touch to it. It is the defenders that should have done a better job mopping up the second ball after the GK made a touch on it.

Also, that ball should have been prevented from being crossed in the first place. If Ebi had pace in her, we would not have conceeded. She would have easily closed down that angle. Experience is fine but that lack of pace in the body of experience led to that goal.

Chiamaka is not an Ekuke. That's literally Africa's best GK. She was brilliant yesterday and one of the major reasons we reached penalties.

andrewbaba44:

That second goal she suppose hold the ball abeg .

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:28pm On Jul 19, 2022
andrewbaba44:

she suppose hold the Morocco equalizer abeg ,maybe she have been good in the tournament or somewhere else ,but that Morocco goal na ekuke performance from her

I no Dey sugarcoat anything

No be you go tell me Wetin I go submit or not okay .

I should stick to men football because of my opinion ? Lol

Oga you better rest

Yes, you really should stick to Men's football because you have already by thine own hands condemned yourself as a novice in women's football.

So your opinion is stemmed from ignorance of the women's game. Stick your ekuke and "Andy the non-analytical" analysis out of it. Merci cool

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:29pm On Jul 19, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Which second goal? Match ended 1-1.

You mean the Moroccan goal. Well, if you watch it on replay, she actually stretched for that ball. The ball wasn't within her reach. She even tried getting a touch to it. It is the defenders that should have done a better job mopping up the second ball after the GK made a touch on it.

Also, that ball should have been prevented from being crossed in the first place. If Ebi had pace in her, we would not have conceeded. She would have easily closed down that angle. Experience is fine but that lack of pace in the body of experience led to that goal.

Chiamaka is not an Ekuke. That's literally Africa's best GK. She was brilliant yesterday and one of the major reasons we reached penalties.

It seems in women football we shouldn’t expect much solid performance as we do expect from the men

In any football game being played by men ,the Morocco equalizer will be seen as an error

Like I said ,she might have been a good GK at the tournament and somewhere else

I point out my opinion from what I saw ,the Morocco equalizer should have been avoided if the GK did well there .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:32pm On Jul 19, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Yes, you really should stick to Men's football because you have already by thine own hands condemned yourself as a novice in women's football.

So your opinion is stemmed from ignorance of the women's game. Stick your ekuke and "Andy the non-analytical" analysis out of it. Merci cool

I get eye to see error

The GK should have done better at the Morocco equalizer

At least I don’t praise mediocrity performance when I see one

As for your rest statement ,na you sabi ooo ,na person wey no no you go Dey bothered grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (13365) (13366) (13367) (13368) (13369) (13370) (13371) ... (16252) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lelion, kentebemoney, Christology(m), hustleranthem(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.