Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,064 members, 7,852,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:34 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11880525 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13366) (13367) (13368) (13369) (13370) (13371) (13372) ... (16253) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:34pm On Jul 19, 2022
There was nothing more she could do. That is the point. She did what she could by over-stretching for it already. Go watch the replay.

The only thing you can say is maybe she could have hit the ball a little harder away but seeing how she stretched I cannot overflog her for it.

In Men's football, we would also be asking how the hell that Moroccan player had all that space to exploit to get that cross in.

And let me tell you... not even you will reach that cross.

So you calling Chiamaka an Ekuke GK because of that equaliser is totally misleading and shows you are indeed not a fan of women's football. You literally said so yourself.

An ignoramus at something should be quiet about that thing. So rest.

andrewbaba44:

It seems in women football we shouldn’t expect much solid performance as we do expect from the men

In any football game being played by men ,the Morocco equalizer will be seen as an error

Like I said ,she might have been a good GK at the tournament and somewhere else

I point out my opinion from what I saw ,the Morocco equalizer should have been avoided if the GK did well there .

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:36pm On Jul 19, 2022
andrewbaba44:

I get eye to see error

The GK should have done better at the Morocco equalizer

At least I don’t praise mediocrity performance when I see one

As for your rest statement ,na you sabi ooo ,na person wey no no you go Dey bothered grin

Rest ignoramus.

Calling Chiamaka an Ekuke GK is the bone of contention here.

You don't know Women's football. Haven't been following it. So rest Mr. Anywhere-belle-face analyst. grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:37pm On Jul 19, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
There was nothing more she could do. That is the point. She did what she could by over-stretching for it already. Go watch the replay.

The only thing you can say is maybe she could have hit the ball a little harder away but seeing how she stretched I cannot overflog her for it.

In Men's football, we would also be asking how the hell that Moroccan player had all that space to exploit to get that cross in.

And let me tell you... not even you will reach that cross.

So you calling Chiamaka an Ekuke GK because of that equaliser is totally misleading and shows you are indeed not a fan of women's football. You literally said so yourself.

An ignoramus at something should be quiet about that thing. So rest.

It’s clear that this one is still angry from yesterday loss

Well me I have passed my opinion ,the equalizer should have been avoided

If you like write full newspaper ,that one na your own Cup of kunu .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:39pm On Jul 19, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Rest ignoramus.

You don't know Women's football. Haven't been following it. So rest Mr. Anywhere-belle-face analyst. grin

An ekuke performance for the equalizer

Ojuelegba Gary Neville please stop crying cheesy

Any small thing e don begin Dey emotional

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:39pm On Jul 19, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Not a fan of female football ,but I watched yesterday game and the game pain me sha

That our GK na ekuke abeg ,Nigeria should have even won with 9 men without going to the extra time

Chiamaka Nnadozie is many things,but I assure you, an ekuke isn't one of them..Wait self,do you breed ekukues? you like using the term on people a lot..it isn't nice..

That being said,she had her fault for the equaliser,but when you are two men down, there's not much you can do... She also made some vital saves in extra time to take the game to penalty... she won WOTM...
She isn't an ekuke!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:42pm On Jul 19, 2022
Danielnino00:

Chiamaka Nnadozie is many things,but I assure you, an ekuke isn't one of them..Wait self,do you breed ekukues? you like using the term on people a lot..it isn't nice..

That being said,she had her fault for the equaliser,but when you are two men down, there's not much you can do... She also made some vital saves in extra time to take the game to penalty... she won WOTM...
She isn't an ekuke!!

I judged by what I saw at the equalizer and some little shaky moments

Yesterday was their first game I watched ,like I said earlier maybe she might have been good at the start of the tournament or somewhere else .

Na reply be this with no shades .

Thank you .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:43pm On Jul 19, 2022
andrewbaba44:

It’s clear that this one is still angry from yesterday loss

Well me I have passed my opinion ,the equalizer should have been avoided

If you like write full newspaper ,that one na your own Cup of kunu .

Every true fan will be unhappy about the manner of the loss ofcoz bcoz we follow the team but I have since moved on since the pens shootout.

2008 and 2012 also happened so it is not the first time.

But you are here smiling foolishly because you don't know anything about the team. grin

Your opinion is where it should be Andy... in the trash can of ignoramuses always thinking they should have an opinion about something they know little or nothing about. Rest IJN. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:49pm On Jul 19, 2022
andrewbaba44:

An ekuke performance for the equalizer

Ojuelegba Gary Neville please stop crying cheesy

Any small thing e don begin Dey emotional

Ekuke performance that won her the WOTM yesterday (See below). Your knack for ignorance is world class. grin

And leave am for me. At least, u dey associate me with Gary Neville like some would shade by associating me with other interesting football legends.

But you, wetin you be? Who can we associate you with??

Nobody. Because you are a world class Ekuke!!! Finito! Rest Andy! grin

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:53pm On Jul 19, 2022
Danielnino00:

She isn't an ekuke!!

I assure you, he does. wink

As Blueelf/Darkelf and Chriskels are to the term "Carpenters and bricklayers"

So is Andy to the term "Ekuke"

"Professors" of these "zones" in their own rights! grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:07pm On Jul 19, 2022
Well said! The only person to be blamed for yesterday’s loss was the coach - that is, aside from the VAR officials.

The first thing a technically sound coach would’ve done immediately after we took the lead should’ve been to sub Onumonu and bring in another CDM to plug the holes and fortify our defense line. Instead, he left Onumonu out there the entire game! They said that she’s a good player but I am yet to see it. Her first touch is atrocious. She can’t dribble or shoot. And my grandma would’ve taken a better penalty kick.

And it’s funny because I actually thought that the coach was leaving for in the game for the penalties.

O pari

DanOKC:
Randy Waldrum is a fool,

So Ordega de beautician dey bench, he left her and continued with onumonu who was really tired.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:23pm On Jul 19, 2022
Portsmouth have signed former Tottenham goalkeeper Josh Oluwayemi on an initial one-year deal.

The 21-year-old was released by Spurs earlier in the summer, having never made a first-team appearance for the Premier League club.

Oluwayemi, who has a further 12-month option on his Portsmouth deal, featured for Pompey in a pre-season friendly win over Havant & Waterlooville.

Portsmouth boss Danny Cowley said the keeper has "plenty of potential".

"He's an incredible shot-stopper and is also good with his feet, so we're delighted to bring him to the club," Cowley told the club website.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:43pm On Jul 19, 2022
So Calvin bassey and awoniyi is the only Nigerian with a high profile move so far ? Bassey should be our most expensive transfer when it comes to defenders ?

Ebuehi has moved

Still waiting for Dennis and onuachu ,hopeful .

Osimhen should be 80 percent staying at Napoli .

But let’s see because there is still time for players to move .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 4:45pm On Jul 19, 2022
andrewbaba44:
So Calvin bassey and awoniyi is the only Nigerian with a high profile move so far ? Bassey should be our most expensive transfer when it comes to defenders ?

Ebuehi has moved

Still waiting for Dennis and onuachu ,hopeful .

Osimhen should be 80 percent staying at Napoli .

But let’s see because there is still time for players to move .
J.Aribo

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:48pm On Jul 19, 2022
hatakekakashi:

J.Aribo

Thank you .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:53pm On Jul 19, 2022
UCL Qualifiers Round 2: Onyedika and Olatunji in action

Young Midfield Enforcer, Raphael Onyedika Nwadike starts for FC Midtjylland in the 1st leg of their Round 2 UCL Qualifying series vs AEK Larnaca.

Victor Olatunji starts for AEK Larnaca in attack. He leads the lines for the Cypriot club.

1st leg battle in Denmark.

Game kicks off in 52mins.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 6:10pm On Jul 19, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Ekuke performance that won her the WOTM yesterday (See below). Your knack for ignorance is world class. grin

And leave am for me. At least, u dey associate me with Gary Neville like some would shade by associating me with other interesting football legends.

But you, wetin you be? Who can we associate you with??

Nobody. Because you are a world class Ekuke!!! Finito! Rest Andy! grin

Aww, Chiamaka don cry tire as she go collect the consolatory award they gave her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:55pm On Jul 19, 2022
Tyronne Ebuehi plays second 45mins as his side Empoli wins 3-0 vs Seravezza in a preseason friendly.

All 3 goals came in the second 45 featuring Ebuehi and the other 10 subbed on at the beginning of the second half.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:19pm On Jul 19, 2022
andrewbaba44:

I judged by what I saw at the equalizer and some little shaky moments

Yesterday was their first game I watched ,like I said earlier maybe she might have been good at the start of the tournament or somewhere else .

Na reply be this with no shades .

Thank you .

You shouldn't have used the word ekuke on her considering the fact that,like you said, you hardly watch the girls play..
Imagine you are watching a prime Messi for the first time and you see him miss a sitter and you refer to him as an ekuke....

The girls played their heart out .The red cards were unfortunate... I doubt the super eagles can give us that kind of performance... If we face this Morocco team again in a neutral venue with fair officiating,them go collect...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:29pm On Jul 19, 2022
Danielnino00:

You shouldn't have used the word ekuke on her considering the fact that,like you said, you hardly watch the girls play..
Imagine you are watching a prime Messi for the first time and you see him miss a sitter and you refer to him as an ekuke....

The girls played their heart out .The red cards were unfortunate... I doubt the super eagles can give us that kind of performance... If we face this Morocco team again in a neutral venue with fair officiating,them go collect...

The girls play sha make I no lie

That Morocco team isn’t that good
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel10: 7:36pm On Jul 19, 2022
andrewbaba44:

The girls play sha make I no lie

That Morocco team isn’t that good

They are not good at all. Nigeria's second team would wipe them anytime, anyday on fair terms.

In any case, I trust South Africa to do the Lord's work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:37pm On Jul 19, 2022
Curtisaxel10:

They are not good at all. Nigeria's second team would wipe them anytime, anyday on fair terms.

In any case, I trust South Africa to do the Lord's work.

Nigeria almost use 9 men beat them

That ball wey nack bar pain me ehnn

South Africa is surely winning this tournament

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 8:15pm On Jul 19, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Which second goal? Match ended 1-1.

You mean the Moroccan goal. Well, if you watch it on replay, she actually stretched for that ball. The ball wasn't within her reach. She even tried getting a touch to it. It is the defenders that should have done a better job mopping up the second ball after the GK made a touch on it.

Also, that ball should have been prevented from being crossed in the first place. If Ebi had pace in her, we would not have conceeded. She would have easily closed down that angle. Experience is fine but that lack of pace in the body of experience led to that goal.

Chiamaka is not an Ekuke. That's literally Africa's best GK. She was brilliant yesterday and one of the major reasons we reached penalties.

I'm not sure that guy watched the match. Na radio comments him dey hear walahi, for him to come and be spitting out this bunkum!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:37pm On Jul 19, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Mere interest. Rumored takes. No follow-up bid. Nothing. Truth is NO EPL for Torunarigha. He is headed back to Belgium and this time, Permanently.

Update: Torunarigha to sign Permanently for Gent

Official announcement: Jordan is a Gent lad

And it is so... Jordan has been officially unveiled as a Gent Player and will dorn the Jersey Number 23.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:01pm On Jul 19, 2022
More Competition for Maduka Okoye: Watford signs former Swansea GK, Ben Hamer

He joins in a 2 yrs deal.

Daniel Bachmann (28) and now 34 yrs old Hamer.

Okoye is in for a GK Battle.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:01pm On Jul 19, 2022
Mark Ugboh a goalkeeper was on bench today for FC Midtjylland
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:05pm On Jul 19, 2022
Good spot my good man. Mark Nnamdi Ugboh. He's Nigerian.

maidaboi:
Mark Ugboh a goalkeeper was on bench today for FC Midtjylland

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:06pm On Jul 19, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
More Competition for Maduka Okoye: Watford signs former Swansea GK, Ben Hamer

He joins in a 2 yrs deal.

Daniel Bachmann (28) and now 34 yrs old, Hamer.

Okoye is in for a GK Battle.

Hmmm

Make Okoye win that shirt sha ,it won’t be easy and I will be happy for him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:08pm On Jul 19, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Official announcement: Jordan is a Gent lad

And it is so... Jordan has been officially unveiled as a Gent Player and will dorn the Jersey Number 23.

This one is likely to give up on the german national team

Not a bad move ,but I see it as a downgrade

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:08pm On Jul 19, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Good spot my good man. Mark Nnamdi Ugboh. He's Nigerian.

is he their second or third keeper?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:10pm On Jul 19, 2022
BankyGee:

I'm not sure that guy watched the match. Na radio comments him dey hear walahi, for him to come and be spitting out this bunkum!

I no Dey talk Wetin I no no

I might be harsh on the gk with my words ,but I blame her for the Morocco equalizer with my full chest ,imagine Maduka or uzoho doing that for the eagles

The best GK Dey make mistake ,so make una cool down abeg

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 9:11pm On Jul 19, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Yes, you really should stick to Men's football because you have already by thine own hands condemned yourself as a novice in women's football.

So your opinion is stemmed from ignorance of the women's game. Stick your ekuke and "Andy the non-analytical" analysis out of it. Merci cool
be calming down doctor vawulence get speed limit grin grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 9:17pm On Jul 19, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Rest ignoramus.

this place wey you come carry the matter go even lastma and Vio know fit stop the vawulence shocked shocked shocked na Don Andrew you dey do this thing for o grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (13366) (13367) (13368) (13369) (13370) (13371) (13372) ... (16253) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, kentebemoney, paulos8, Toylove, abbeyboy2o15(m), EricZeal(m), typicalgamer(m), Suzzytee05(f), foxman04, opes and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.