Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,325 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13877) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11588501 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13874) (13875) (13876) (13877) (13878) (13879) (13880) ... (16120) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:27pm On Nov 26, 2022
Icon79:
Huh?? Are you putting Croatia in the same category with Australia? Are you for real

Listen, bros, if you will compare losing to Croatia with losing to Australia then soccer isn’t for you grin

O pari

It is England I blame for this. If only they had won yesterday, no one would be calling the beautiful game, Soccer anymore.

Kaaaiiii... Soccer drew with Football. Tyler Adams owned a midfield vs Bellingham and Rice. Chaaaiiii. Soccer rules!

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:27pm On Nov 26, 2022
I wasn’t surprised one bit. I wrote them off after watching how the highly rated Morocco collapsed without putting up any resistance against weaker oppositions in Russia 2018.

I wished that we had played Tunisia instead of Ghana in that final qualifier.

O pari

komekn:

There is a mentality of defeat before the battle, they start of so cautiously and without any sense of belief. For goodness sake it's Australia and Tunisia were hugely DISAPPOINTING.

It's a problem we start without a conviction of belief and winning mentality that's we all mist often come alive in the sevknyhslf and start so SLOW.

However, l have great hope for the Lions of Senegal they are the wounded Lion they have no choice but to roar, attack and devour or DIE.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:29pm On Nov 26, 2022
Haha!! It’s called soccer grin grin

Check your dictionary… it’s “Soccer Mom” not “Football Mom” grin

O pari

TheSuperNerd:

It is England I blame for this. If only they had won yesterday, no one would be calling the beautiful game, Soccer anymore.

Kaaaiiii... Soccer drew with Football. Tyler Adams owned a midfield vs Bellingham and Rice. Chaaaiiii. Soccer rules!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:31pm On Nov 26, 2022
Did you watch Morocco vs Spain at Russia 2018?

Icon79:
I wasn’t surprised one bit. I wrote them off after watching how the highly rated Morocco collapsed without putting up any resistance against weaker oppositions in Russia 2018.

I wished that we had played Tunisia instead of Ghana in that final qualifier.

O pari

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:34pm On Nov 26, 2022
My dear, I still haven’t recovered from us missing this World Cup. In fact, it’s now that it actually hits me, tbh angry

But the good news is, going forward, hopefully we ain’t gonna miss another World Cup ever. But never underestimate our ability to self destruct sha.

O pari

TheSuperNerd:

Loooolll... Relax. We have 9 slots (+ 1 via playoffs) for the next WC. Expect to see more "Tunisias" grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ogochuks101: 1:37pm On Nov 26, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

They were so unlucky in that world cup.
Last minute own goal vs Iran
Last minute goal for Spain(It was even offside)

I still believe in only Morocco and Algeria when it comes to the North Africans.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:37pm On Nov 26, 2022
Yes, I did. But I also watched them meekly lost to Portugal and especially losing to Iran of all countries!

They were a disappointment.

O pari

TheSuperNerd:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:41pm On Nov 26, 2022
Relax Icon my man. You'll be fine. Just enjoy the rest of the Mundial.

Personally, I'm good. It's sad we miss out but I have gotten over this many months ago.

At least, I have Pedri and Gavi of Spain to keep me glued to WC action.
I also have Vinicius Jr and Neymar of Brazil. I have Frenkie De Jong of the Netherlands.

Team-wise, Brazil, Netherlands and Morocco are my personal favourites but I also point out the strengths in other sides outside my favorites. The likes of France, Denmark, England, Spain, Argentina (despite their loss) and Portugal.

The Super Eagles will be back. But my major concern is us picking the right players going forward that can help elevate the quality of our game especially in transitions.

Our self destruction mode will keep popping up as long as we keep doing things the way they have done for the past 2-3 years.

Icon79:
My dear, I still haven’t recovered from us missing this World Cup. In fact, it’s now that it actually hits me, tbh angry

But the good news is, going forward, hopefully we ain’t gonna miss another World Cup ever. But never underestimate our ability to self destruct sha.

O pari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:43pm On Nov 26, 2022
No. They didn't meekly lose to Portugal. They dominated that game and gave it their all. They were just unlucky vs Ronaldo and Portugal.

Against Iran... yes. I can agree they were disappointing vs the Persian warriors. I expected more. And that result was the architect of their ouster in 2018.

And against Spain, that was one of the best games of the tournament. They marched La Furia Roja skill for skill, ball for ball, player for player. Morocco were one step away from winning and qualifying until Spain got saved by a highly controversial late goal.

Icon79:
Yes, I did. But I also watched them meekly lost to Portugal and especially losing to Iran of all countries!

They were a disappointment.

O pari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:46pm On Nov 26, 2022
Ogochuks101:

They were so unlucky in that world cup.
Last minute own goal vs Iran
Last minute goal for Spain(It was even offside)

I still believe in only Morocco and Algeria when it comes to the North Africans.

Salah and Egypt nko? grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:50pm On Nov 26, 2022
Chidera Ejuke scores as Hertha Berlin leads 2-0 vs Ludwigsfelder FC in a club friendly. 40mins played.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ogochuks101: 1:51pm On Nov 26, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Salah and Egypt nko? grin grin
Local champions
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:52pm On Nov 26, 2022
Meanwhile... can the Saudi Lords do it again but this time vs Lewandowski And Poland? wink

Time will tell.

Next up: Poland vs Saudi Arabia in 8mins.

#Qatar2022DiariesMD

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:53pm On Nov 26, 2022
Lol. Expect to see Africa's Greatest "Local Champions" at the next WC. 9 (+1) slots!!!

No way they are missing out unless.....

Ogochuks101:

Local champions

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 1:56pm On Nov 26, 2022
Icon79:
Huh?? Are you putting Croatia in the same category with Australia? Are you for real

Listen, bros, if you will compare losing to Croatia with losing to Australia then soccer isn’t for you grin

O pari

Should i dig out your claims and boastfulness saying you would defeat croatia in 18? Sip the kool aid and know that you are a dwarf in football little man. Same tunisia did you strong thing in afcon after you lots claimed you will defeat them with the Phrase " WOTOWOTO". Same phrase you lots claimed Ghana will collect wotowoto in Abuja and yet Partey's Ogun sent many of you here to premature heart attack. You managed to defeat some fishermen 10-0 and i didnt hear a world about how your players are world class... A gathering of clowns

You that football is for but you have made arduous claims and agreed with many here that monsters and beast are they best in Africa but when push comes to shove, those beast and monsters go hiding. I cant wait for the next friendly so Another good team will spell your name again like Portugal did.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by activities2: 1:56pm On Nov 26, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Meanwhile... can the Saudi Lords do it again but this time vs Lewandowski And Poland? wink

Time will tell.

Next up: Poland vs Saudi Arabia in 8mins.

#Qatar2022DiariesMD

Lewandowski nor dey shine for world cup

has he ever scored a world cup go sef?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 1:57pm On Nov 26, 2022
Ogochuks101:

My guy rest
We still have the highest number of wins for an African team in the world cup and we didn't even qualify. We represent Africa better than the rest of the continent but we just need to break that Round of 16 curse.

To what end ? At Most bundled out like plebs in the round of 16 or at worst bid your time at the group stage with your mates
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 1:58pm On Nov 26, 2022
chrisooblog:
And we got to 2nd round in 14 or you conveniently forgot? tongue

And got handsomely beaten abi ? Ghana is still your daddy in this game little Man
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 1:58pm On Nov 26, 2022
chrisooblog:
Senegal still has a slight chance. Let me also watch Ghana and Morocco in their second games before I judge.

Senegal will beat Ecuador. Bookmark this post.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:00pm On Nov 26, 2022
A point, you have. 4 WC games so far. 11 shots. Lewy is yet to bag a WC Goal.

He almost did in the last game but the LEGENDARY Guillermo Ochoa (a GK who saves his biggest performances for World Cups only) stopped him.

Today, he has another chance. Time will tell.

activities2:
Lewandowski nor dey shine for world cup

has he ever scored a world cup go sef?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ogochuks101: 2:03pm On Nov 26, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Lol. Expect to see Africa's Greatest "Local Champions" at the next WC. 9 (+1) slots!!!

No way they are missing out unless.....

Lol yes all the top African teams are going to the next world cup.
Nigeria
Ghana
Senegal
Ivory coast
Cameroon
Egypt
Tunisia
Morocco
Algeria

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:07pm On Nov 26, 2022
New Player Alert: Coby Ebere, 17, Midfielder

17 y/o Coby Ebere scores for Everton's U18 vs Liverpool U18 in an U18 Premier league Merseyside Derby as he helped them to a 2-1 win.

He now has 4 goals in 6 games (all starts) for the Everton U18.

He's a midfielder also featured as a forward sometimes.

Eligible for Nigeria, England and Germany (country of Birth). Looks like another Jamal Musiala situation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 2:10pm On Nov 26, 2022
Ogochuks101:

Lol yes all the top African teams are going to the next world cup.
Nigeria
Ghana
Senegal
Ivory coast
Cameroon
Egypt
Tunisia
Morocco
Algeria

CAF will play some of these teams against each other especially the West African teams so that South Africa or a team from East Africa or Southern Africa will qualify.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 2:17pm On Nov 26, 2022
For the 2026 WC qualifiers, CAF should just go straight to a group phase of 9 groups of 6 teams.
In this system, the 9 group winners automatically qualify for the WC, whilst the best group runner-up advances to the intercontinental playoff.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:20pm On Nov 26, 2022
I am VERY CONFUSED where do these Saudi players originate from , they look like Black African a good number of them.

These guys are playing with ZERO FEAR and they are the Saudis terrorising Poland. How they have not scored I don't know.

If anybody thinks the victory of Saudi over Argentina was a fluke they should think again.

Poland have had two yellow cards in 18 minute's they are getting bullied in every department of the game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 2:20pm On Nov 26, 2022
THREE Polish yellow cards inside the first 20 minutes. These Poles are walking a tight rope already
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:31pm On Nov 26, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
New Player Alert: Coby Ebere, 17, Midfielder

17 y/o Coby Ebere scores for Everton's U18 vs Liverpool U18 in an U18 Premier league Merseyside Derby as he helped them to a 2-1 win.

He now has 4 goals in 6 games (all starts) for the Everton U18.

He's a midfielder also featured as a forward sometimes.

Eligible for Nigeria, England and Germany (country of Birth). Looks like another Jamal Musiala situation.

Maybe new to you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ogochuks101: 2:37pm On Nov 26, 2022
codemaniacs:

CAF will play some of these teams against each other especially the West African teams so that South Africa or a team from East Africa or Southern Africa will qualify.
I doubt and they better not. They might seed the teams through fifa rankings.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 2:38pm On Nov 26, 2022
komekn:

If by comparison yes the African teams are not filled with world top level players. Senegal group is wide open , a note of caution a wounded Lion � is at its most dangerous.

Very few teams can match Senegal for physicality, athleticism and if they add determination and belief they will beat Ecuador. I think Senegal got stage fright against a lackluster Netherland, that they should have beaten.

I would then Expect Senegal to beat a clueless boring without any invention England. Watching Thier match against USA who should have won was like watching paint dry on a wall. They showed no guile, invention and belief they were just hapless, a fancy ship � with no rudder.

USA vs England is just like Nigeria vs Ghana. Always tough! USA turns to a Super team whenever they are playing England just like the Ghanaians against us. Don't judge them with that. The Senegalese forward line is mediocre, I don't see them qualifying from their group. Ecuador will match them physically. They even struggled against the weakest team in the tournament

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:41pm On Nov 26, 2022
New to the thread. I have loads of young players from the local and international fronts that I don't mention and only choose to mention when the need calls for it.

Besides you have never given him a mention here or have you? Abeg shift.

komekn:

Maybe new to you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:53pm On Nov 26, 2022
Small boy aren't you tired of all this trolling cabal after all these years?

gustav25:

And got handsomely beaten abi ? Ghana is still your daddy in this game little Man
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 3:07pm On Nov 26, 2022
chrisooblog:
Small boy aren't you tired of all this trolling cabal after all these years?

Truth isnt trolling little man. You have to accept the truth any which way and be happy instead of holding on to falsehood which is an offence in my father's house. Ghana is a footballing daddy to Nigeria any day and at any time hence they are in they big boys leagues after ousting you out at your backyard after all they wotowoto war cries that flooded here earlier in they Year. Even low budget Simon Moses went on live tv coverage to say it loudly that Ghana will collect wotowoto but today i and you in all honestly know who collected it.

Just facts, no sentiments or emotions Little Man

(1) (2) (3) ... (13874) (13875) (13876) (13877) (13878) (13879) (13880) ... (16120) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: komekn(m), kingphilip(m), Suzzytee05(f), Meliforme and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.