Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11653809 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14149) (14150) (14151) (14152) (14153) (14154) (14155) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:43pm On Jan 23, 2023
charlesemeka85:
na so una think say the serie A easy cus osimhen and lookman re scoring for fun?šŸ„±

I don see how e too easy for success for udinese n lukaku on his return from Chelsea to inter Milan

Success is not doing badly ,lookman is a better player than success and plays for a better team than success

And Of course seria A isnā€™t easy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:44pm On Jan 23, 2023
Danielnino00:

It sounds more like stereotyping to me... I won't say age cheating is part of our culture,but rather it is one of the pitfalls of being a third world country. We don't have the infrastructure required to correct that. People aren't age cheating,rather they are taking advantage of the broken system . It is like America that has a culture of gun violence because the system allows them to carry guns.
But still I feel it isn't right to judge people based on the action of others in their social class....

Also, the lack of opportunity to harness quality talents early leave lots of players fighting to make it in football for a long time, whereas their counterparts are discovered and harnessed early and won't need to cheat to make something out of football.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:46pm On Jan 23, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Only komekn that does not understand the very basic factors behind football performance. Like, does anyone need the bolded explained to them? Is it not common knowledge. Here you are having to explain it

Let's move away from anonymity but without specifics and tell me your experiential competencies. How many football clubs have you worked for ā“ā“

I will admit to having a knowledge bias with England specifically and Europe in General.

Then add to that competency knowledge by association, how many English football league Manager do you know? How many European coaches and recruitment heads do you know ā“ā“ā“I will not talk about coaches

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:47pm On Jan 23, 2023
How? Na so the serie A weak?

Cus osimhen and Mola are scoring with ease there Mk una believe every junkie go find am easy too?

Nawa for una oooo. Na una Dey hype as well as berate players here
andrewbaba44:

He is actually making sense
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:50pm On Jan 23, 2023
komekn:

Let's move away from anonymity but without specifics and tell me your experiential competencies. How many football clubs have you worked for ā“ā“

I will admit to having a knowledge bias with England specifically and Europe in General.

Then add to that competency knowledge by association, how many English football league Manager do you know? How many European coaches and recruitment heads do you know ā“ā“ā“I will not talk about coaches

Quality isn't always enough..the form of the team you play for also matters...Danielnino00

You don't need managerial experience, competence or working with clubs to know the above. Even a primary school pupil knows he has a better chance of doing better in an improved environment.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:52pm On Jan 23, 2023
charlesemeka85:
How? Na so the serie A weak?

Cus osimhen and Mola are scoring with ease there Mk una believe every junkie go find am easy too?

Nawa for una oooo. Na una Dey hype as well as berate players here

You know I will be the last person to tell you seria A is weak

I am one of the few people who rate other league unlike many of you who fancy just epl

When simmy was scoring for fun at the seria A i was among the few who praised him while many of you donā€™t rate him including you because the league is not epl ,yet you think I donā€™t rate seria A because I believed iheanacho will score there ?

Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:53pm On Jan 23, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Also, the lack of opportunity to harness quality talents early leave lots of players fighting to make it in football for a long time, whereas their counterparts are discovered and harnessed early and won't need to cheat to make something out of football.

From denying age cheating to justifying it.

That's bigoted.

Do you know how many players are released year out year in football clubs.

Eberechi Eze
Tella
Oviemuno
Semi Ajayi
Chuba Akpom

All released and had to find Thier own way through football. Not all make it .it's not easy at all in England

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:56pm On Jan 23, 2023
Tyronne Ebuehi starts for Empoli away at the San Siro vs Inter Milan.

His 1ļøāƒ£0ļøāƒ£th game and 6ļøāƒ£th start of the league season.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:56pm On Jan 23, 2023
andrewbaba44:

Success is not doing badly ,lookman is a better player than success and plays for a better team than success

And Of course seria A isnā€™t easy
success is doing badly

As a forward how many goals and assist can he boast of this season or since moving to serie A?

Mk we no dey too sugarcoat some certain things here

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:57pm On Jan 23, 2023
komekn:

From denying age cheating to justifying it.

That's bigoted.

Do you know how many players are released year out year in football clubs.

Eberechi Eze
Tella
Oviemuno
Semi Ajayi
Chuba Akpom

All released and had to find Thier own way through football. Not all make it .it's not easy at all in England

I never justified age cheating. I was highlighting a challenge we are dealing with. I only countered some of your lies you tried to disseminate.

Many players in Nigeria will thank heaven to play on the lowest ground any English condition will dump Chuba Akpom and co. Heck, these guys families will sell properties if their kids can get a chance to play in India.

Please, conditions differ.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:59pm On Jan 23, 2023
charlesemeka85:
success is doing badly

As a forward how many goals and assist can he boast of this season or since moving to serie A?

Mk we no dey too sugarcoat some certain things here

How many goals success Dey score before ?

If he is doing so badly he wonā€™t be starting games ,be there expecting him to score goals while he is busy assisting

I just feel iheanacho will do well in seria A with game time ,you can also disagree ,that doesnā€™t mean I am sugar coating things

If dem tell you say arnautovic go Dey average 1 goal in every 2 games while playing for bologna ,you go believe ?

When simmy was doing well there did you value him ? No you didnā€™t and you canā€™t even lie about this

But e sure me if simmy give you 20 epl goals while playing for ekuke Southampton you go value am grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:01pm On Jan 23, 2023
andrewbaba44:

If he is doing so badly he wonā€™t be starting games ,be there expecting him to score goals while he is busy assisting

I just feel iheanacho will do well in seria A with game time ,you can also disagree ,that doesnā€™t mean I am sugar coating things

If dem tell you say arnautovic go Dey average 1 goal in every 2 games while playing for bologna ,you go believe ?

When simmy was doing well there did you value him ? No you didnā€™t and you canā€™t even lie about this

But e sure me if simmy give you 20 epl goals while playing for ekuke Southampton you go value am grin
iheanacho na just waste

I no get single belief in him anymore. Make em dey sit for bench for leicester

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:02pm On Jan 23, 2023
andrewbaba44:

if success canā€™t get starters shirt at udinese where em go get am?

As poor as Ekong is no be the same udinese em Dey get starters shirt before he left for watford?

Even okereke is doing better than success in serie A
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:06pm On Jan 23, 2023
charlesemeka85:
if success canā€™t get starters shirt at udinese where em go get am?

As poor as Ekong is no be the same udinese em Dey get starters shirt before he left for watford?

Even okereke is doing better than success in serie A

Udinese is better than many epl small teams

Success have been the top assister at udinese since he joined ,but he is not doing well there according to you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:07pm On Jan 23, 2023
charlesemeka85:
iheanacho na just waste

I no get single belief in him anymore. Make em dey sit for bench for leicester

Thatā€™s his business ,na him wan use him hand kill him career

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:12pm On Jan 23, 2023
andrewbaba44:

Udinese is better than many epl small teams

Success have been the top assister at udinese since he joined ,but he is not doing well there according to you
he hv been average

Hv seen him play and he looks lost and heavy which makes him gas out easily

The damage the money he got moving from garanada to watford then as a their record signing go hard to leave em body šŸ¤£
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:18pm On Jan 23, 2023
Impressive stats for Iheanacho but from what I am reading, he is on Ā£90k a week and it is hard for clubs to meet that, going by his current rating.

He needs to take a massive pay cut to get a team with a good system to give him the run of games he deserves to prove himself

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:21pm On Jan 23, 2023
andrewbaba44:

Thatā€™s his business ,na him wan use him hand kill him career

Well one can argue dis

In Nigeria context,heā€™s having a good career Ā£70000 weekly no b beans

But football wise, u re right šŸ˜Ž

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:29pm On Jan 23, 2023
Battle of šŸ‡³šŸ‡¬ Lads in Portugal's Primeira Liga Bwin

Bruno Soporuchukwu Onyemaechi starts for Boavista while Afcon 2013 Winner, Obiorah Nwankwo starts again for GD Chaves.

Bruno's 13th start of the season.

Obiorah's 3rd start of the season.

It's Boavista at home vs Chaves in Matchday 17 of the Liga Portugal.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:31pm On Jan 23, 2023
elyte89:

Well one can argue dis

In Nigeria context,heā€™s having a good career Ā£70000 weekly no b beans

But football wise, u re right šŸ˜Ž

The same way our fans carry epl for head like gala ,na the same way some of our footballers carry am self
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 8:32pm On Jan 23, 2023
How many Nigerian adults are 6ft tall? Not to talk of 15-year olds. There's only one thing you need to do. Think and think about your statement before you post. I cannot believe you posted this with so much confidence. Incredible cheesy grin
codemaniacs:

must you make such comment..

Athletes have to eat more than the average person. spend more time in the gym, more time doing exercises than the average so their bodies will naturally look more mature than their peers...

when I did NYSC about 10 years ago.. there was a 15 years old guy that was 6ft tall with small beard and more mature face than his classmates....

Its about genetics..

If Tella, Eze, Olise were born and bred in Nigeria.. you guys will say they are in their 30s.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:37pm On Jan 23, 2023
The Naples Public Prosecutorā€™s Office has reportedly requested a six-month extension for their investigation into the transfer of Victor Osimhen from Lille to Napoli.

The Nigerian forward joined the Partenopei in September 2020 from the Ligue 1 outfit in a deal worth ā‚¬72m, plus ā‚¬10m in various add-ons.

Prosecutor Francesco De Falco, working alongside Assistant Prosecutor Sergio Amato, believes that Napoli may have produced false communications in their financial statements for July 2020 to June 2021, based on that Osimhen transfer.

Should new evidence emerge, sporting proceedings could be reopened against the Partenopei, similar to the situation Juventus are currently dealing with.

#copied
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:37pm On Jan 23, 2023
Ronaldo Koeman back in the Dutch Oranje dugout

Yes Baby! šŸ˜Ž My Oranje Gang ready to roar some more.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:45pm On Jan 23, 2023
charlesemeka85:
na so una think say the serie A easy cus osimhen and lookman re scoring for fun?šŸ„±

I don see how e too easy for success for udinese n lukaku on his return from Chelsea to inter Milan

Seria A is not easy by any stretch of the imagination it's still a tough league nonetheless.

However, it's not as competitive as the EPL .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:48pm On Jan 23, 2023
charlesemeka85:
The Naples Public Prosecutorā€™s Office has reportedly requested a six-month extension for their investigation into the transfer of Victor Osimhen from Lille to Napoli.

The Nigerian forward joined the Partenopei in September 2020 from the Ligue 1 outfit in a deal worth ā‚¬72m, plus ā‚¬10m in various add-ons.

Prosecutor Francesco De Falco, working alongside Assistant Prosecutor Sergio Amato, believes that Napoli may have produced false communications in their financial statements for July 2020 to June 2021, based on that Osimhen transfer.

Should new evidence emerge, sporting proceedings could be reopened against the Partenopei, similar to the situation Juventus are currently dealing with.

#copied

Why are Italians so crooked and dishonest, is it a legacy of the Cosa nostta( Mafia) that has pervades their society

Last year I was in Italy, Sardinia to be specific got to the airport late 11pm + and the taxi took me on an Israelite journey from the airport to my hotel, I paid ā‚¬185 it should have not been more than ā‚¬80.

And throughout my stay I kept getting scammed by Taxi drivers in the end I just rented a car.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:02pm On Jan 23, 2023
TheGoodJoe:
Impressive stats for Iheanacho but from what I am reading, he is on Ā£90k a week and it is hard for clubs to meet that, going by his current rating.

He needs to take a massive pay cut to get a team with a good system to give him the run of games he deserves to prove himself

You are using statistics to overstate things and misinform and present a deceptive narrative. A player on nearly Ā£100k a week and his core responsibility was to score goals in the EPL not against low level opposition in the cup games.

He has been abysmally poor for the past 6 years just one good season. You don't have entitlement to play , YOU EARN THE RIGHT TO PLAY.

Whatever minutes you get you make them count and create impact, Ademola comes on second half on the 56th minute as KC comes off . In three minutes Ademola has scored and gets the MOTM AWARD.

Quality doesn't hide it rises to the occasion. Good players adapt to whatever system.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:06pm On Jan 23, 2023
komekn:

You are using statistics to overstate things and misinform and present a deceptive narrative. A player on nearly Ā£100k a week and his core responsibility was to score goals in the EPL not against low level opposition in the cup games.

He has been abysmally poor for the past 7 years just one good season. You don't have entitlement to play , YOU EARN THE RIGHT TO PLAY.

Whatever minutes you get you make them count and create impact, Ademola comes on second half on the 56th minute as KC comes off . In three minutes Ademola has scored and gets the MOTM AWARD.

Quality doesn't hide it rises to the occasion. Good players adapt to whatever system.

Iheanacho won the EPL player of the month. EPL. Like the English Premier League player of the month. If the coach has chose to leave such player out, that is his business and has nothing to do with his quality.

His stats are there to see with what he has done with the minutes he has been given. That stats you are throwing up there is deceptive and you know it. You have seen he did with the minutes given to him. One word. Outstanding.

Any other is really you thinking you are deceiving people but not us.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:11pm On Jan 23, 2023
elyte89:

Yea very trueā€¦tearing nets in trainingšŸ˜„šŸ˜ƒ

They have come again with the overhype

That's how one guy said Osimhen is better than Lewandowki

Same Lewandowski that scored 5 gaols in 9 mins

People can forget and say rubbish in the heat of the moment
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:12pm On Jan 23, 2023
komekn:

He has been abysmally poor for the past 7 years just one good season. You don't have entitlement to play , YOU EARN THE RIGHT TO PLAY.

The stats I posted showed how Iheanacho made good use of his time. Not you trying to throw some amateur readings that try to equate 10 minutes to 90 minutes. Then you try to claim you are a pro, when you do not even know a player needs a healthy run of games to prove himself.

Stop trying to sell yourself as some professional because you really demonstrate the opposite. You are seeing minutes to goals/Assists ratio and you are trying to discredit it.

Like who do you think we are, some amateurs that know nothing about football?

That crap you are pushing won't sell. The stats with what Iheanacho has done with his time is clear for even an amateur. Just see what you are posting. You are posting an incomprehensive stat and trying to run with it.

Keep that amateur analysis for your fans.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:13pm On Jan 23, 2023
komekn:

Stop trying to pitch Lookman against Iheanacho. I wish and pray for the best for both.

Lookman has done well and Iheanacho has done some impressive things too.

Bench Lookman like Iheanacho and he won't perform.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:15pm On Jan 23, 2023
Mujtahida:

The point is this: is there a culture of age cheating in England? No. So practically how that plays out is that even if you see a 30 year old looking player in England say he's 19, You will believe him because the record is captured at birth and the opportunity for alteration is almost zero.

But what is our situation? It is an endemic national culture for people to engage in falsifying their age. And in football the incentive is greater because of financial rewards that come with the game.

So the default position of doubting player's ages in Nigeria is justified. Don't blame the doubters, blame the culture.

God bless you for thi take SIr

I personally know many age cheats that made it to Europe on the bac of lie

Know one old papa at 28 yrs that claimed 17 to get into shakhtar Donestk u-17 that time

People here will think we want to bring our own down. Some of us know agents and players and are quite close to the scheme of things

So yes, I will disbelieve most Naija players age until strong evidence proves otherwise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:17pm On Jan 23, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Finidi George's Record as Enyimba Coach in the NPFLšŸ“¶ since he took over.

šŸŸ41 games played.
āœ…ļø16 wins.
āŒļø17 losses.
šŸ¤šŸ½8 draws.

His Enyimba side's 2-1 loss away at Plateau Utd yesterday was his 17th league loss since he took Enyimba job.

AN overrated coach that has been found out

I was one of those that thought this guy was really something. But I was wrong

Chai

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14149) (14150) (14151) (14152) (14153) (14154) (14155) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ThanosKilla(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.