Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11648808 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14150) (14151) (14152) (14153) (14154) (14155) (14156) ... (16145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:17pm On Jan 23, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Ronaldo Koeman back in the Dutch Oranje dugout

Yes Baby! 😎 My Oranje Gang ready to roar some more.

This feels like recycling to me. They should have gone with someone younger. Give others a chance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:19pm On Jan 23, 2023
komekn:

You are using statistics to overstate things and misinform and present a deceptive narrative. A player on nearly £100k a week and his core responsibility was to score goals in the EPL not against low level opposition in the cup games.

He has been abysmally poor for the past 7 years just one good season. You don't have entitlement to play , YOU EARN THE RIGHT TO PLAY.

Whatever minutes you get you make them count and create impact, Ademola comes on second half on the 56th minute as KC comes off . In three minutes Ademola has scored and gets the MOTM AWARD.

Quality doesn't hide it rises to the occasion. Good players adapt to whatever system.

How else can someone earn the right to play if being the best player in the English Premier League for a month and inspiring your team to win a title in England is not enough?

Please, look for a better deceit.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:23pm On Jan 23, 2023
Blueelf:

AN overrated coach that has been found out

I was one of those that thought this guy was really something. But I was wrong

Chai
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 9:23pm On Jan 23, 2023
I know some pundits/football analysts can be annoying and damn sometimes outrageous with their takes, but at least quote one of those in your submissions, not some random person on Twitter whose statements only remotely aligns with your opinion cheesy grin.

Now Leicester is to blame for his bad performances? Of course, it always comes down to the fact that their teams are just damn bad. Shame no even dey catch you to talk am. cheesy grin. You come still get mouth to talk say him salary na 90K, so no team go take am, without acknowledging that salary is in general based on performance from one year to another. You cannot understand that no other team in the premier league thinks he's playing 90K football.

Besides, when someone posts something on Twitter, check references and be sure the stats are useful before you post them.
Attached are Iheanacho's stats at Leicester starting from 2017/2018. The most important stats are his goals in the premier league. Sorry, I don't take his goals against league 1 and championship teams in the EFL cup seriously. If you are that good score against your mates in the Premier League. As you can see his minutes per G/A are 137.2, 185.2, 106.9, 104, 139.9, and 144.5. I could only attach four pictures. You can check the rest yourself. You can see an improvement between 2017/2018 and 2020/2021 seasons and a decline after the 2020/2021 season.

TheGoodJoe:
Impressive stats for Iheanacho but from what I am reading, he is on £90k a week and it is hard for clubs to meet that, going by his current rating.

He needs to take a massive pay cut to get a team with a good system to give him the run of games he deserves to prove himself

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:24pm On Jan 23, 2023
komekn:

Seria A is not easy by any stretch of the imagination it's still a tough league nonetheless.

However, it's not as competitive as the EPL .

Lol u were caught in d middle cos of nacho

Normally u no Dey rate any league aside premiership 😀😀😃 but cos of nacho u gaz rate serie A

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:35pm On Jan 23, 2023
benji93:
I know some pundits/football analysts can be annoying and damn sometimes outrageous with their takes, but at least quote one of those in your submissions, not some random person on Twitter whose statements only remotely aligns with your opinion cheesy grin.

Now Leicester is to blame for his terrible outing?

Besides, when someone posts something on Twitter, check references and be sure the stats are useful before you post them.
Attached are Iheanacho's stats at Leicester starting from 2017/2018. The most important stats are his goals in the premier league. Sorry, I don't take his goals against league 1 and championship teams in the EFL cup seriously. If you are that good score against your mates in the Premier League. As you can see his minutes per G/A are 137.2, 185.2, 106.9, 104, 139.9, and 144.5. I could only attach four pictures. You can check the rest yourself. You can see an improvement between 2017/2018 and 2020/2021 seasons and a decline after the 2020/2021 season.
If he's been good, some teams would be willing to pay him 90K.

Iheanacho cannot get that offer if as the best player in the Premier League for a month, his coach refuses to play him.

Secondly, trying to take away his goals against other teams and cherry pick the one that suits your false analogy is just a cheap shot.

What matters is the opportunities given him and the time he made with them. You can hate the stats because it does not suit you but it does not change them from being true.

If it was so easy, how come EPL teams lose to some of these walkover teams.

By the way, hang the best player in the EPL for a month. Remember the kind of players Iheanacho topper to pick that plaque.

Finito.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:39pm On Jan 23, 2023
benji93:

Now Leicester is to blame for his terrible outing?

If he's been good, some teams would be willing to pay him 90K.

It is also funny when you decide not to understand that this Iheanacho is yet to get a run of games at Leicester city. When he got a run of games, he performed as good as some of the best players in the Premier League. Like seriously, Mane, Salah, Harry Kane, Gabriel Jesus, De Bruyne, etc. Rated ahead of them for that month.

Saying anything else is pure bias.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:42pm On Jan 23, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

There is always room for improvement. In pursuing improvements, results come to favor the team with time. It is not just about if they are playing well. Finidi should keep his focus on improving their play.

If yoi were the owner of Enyimba, the only reason you would give Findi more time despite the result his team is churning out is because you believe his team is playing well. This is his second season..Fans are growing impatient..
Given Enyimba status as a powerhouse in Nigeria football,it's only right that their fans demand more from Findi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:47pm On Jan 23, 2023
Danielnino00:

If yoi were the owner of Enyimba, the only reason you would give Findi more time despite the result his team is churning out is because you believe his team is playing well. This is his second season..Fans are growing impatient..
Given Enyimba status as a powerhouse in Nigeria football,it's only right that their fans demand more from Findi

I agree. However, the management should make their decision on what they want. Do they want to build a solid foundation and playing pattern or they want someone who can try to shortcut success.

If it is what they want, they can fire Finidi and look for someone who might use some negative means to help them try to get something.

On the other hand, if they want a solid foundation and good playing pattern, they should exercise patience.

If I am the owner of the club, I would be more interested in our playing growth because I believe it will yield fruits in the future. However, I don't own Enyimba.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:59pm On Jan 23, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

I agree. However, the management should make their decision on what they want. Do they want to build a solid foundation and playing pattern or they want someone who can try to shortcut success.

If it is what they want, they can fire Finidi and look for someone who might use some negative means to help them try to get something.

On the other hand, if they want a solid foundation and good playing pattern, they should exercise patience.

If I am the owner of the club, I would be more interested in our playing growth because I believe it will yield fruits in the future. However, I don't own Enyimba.

Like you said,you don't watch Enyimba game,so you can't say for sure that his style of play is good enough to indicate progress.. But time isn't really on his side...
It won't be good for the super eagles if the assistant coach is sacked...
I actually like the idea of having an assistant coach that's coaching a team already.. he would bring more valuable input to the team.. Although there was some talk that Peserio (like Randy Waldrum of the super falcons) doesn't really listen to his Nigerian assistants

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:03pm On Jan 23, 2023
Danielnino00:

Like you said,you don't watch Enyimba game,so you can't say for sure that his style of play is good enough to indicate progress.. But time isn't really on his side...
It won't be good for the super eagles if the assistant coach is sacked...
I actually like the idea of having an assistant coach that's coaching a team already.. he would bring more valuable input to the team.. Although there was some talk that Peserio (like Randy Waldrum of the super falcons) doesn't really listen to his Nigerian assistants

Let us see how it goes. Can't give a proper assessment because I have not watched them.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:10pm On Jan 23, 2023
I pray this is true. Marseille is miles better and bigger than OGC Nice

Atleast Moffi will be playing in europe(ucl,uel or conference league)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:00pm On Jan 23, 2023
Tyronne Ebuehi FT Stats for Empoli Today in Serie A.

Inter Milan 0-1 Empoli - Serie A Matchday 19

Played 90mins+.
57 touches.
1 chance created💥
1 big chance created💥
1 pass entry into Final third.
28/35 accurate passes.
80% passing accuracy.
100% accurate crosses.
1/4 accurate long balls.
1 shot off target.
3/5 ground duels won.
1/3 aerial duels won.
7 clearances.
3 headed clearances.
5 recoveries.
1 block.
Was fouled 3x.
1 foul committed.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 11:24pm On Jan 23, 2023
charlesemeka85:

I personally do not understand Moffi's insistence on remaining in France. I can understand an England but France? Doesn't make sense.

West Ham have been chasing him for a while, offering big money. Make the move to the EPL with the opportunity.

This was the same mistake Osimhen made with Wolfsburg and Amoo with Copenhagen recently. I am not saying you must take the biggest and best offer, not necessarily, but don't do the opposite.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 11:31pm On Jan 23, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

I never justified age cheating. I was highlighting a challenge we are dealing with. I only countered some of your lies you tried to disseminate.

Many players in Nigeria will thank heaven to play on the lowest ground any English condition will dump Chuba Akpom and co. Heck, these guys families will sell properties if their kids can get a chance to play in India.

Please, conditions differ.
When u say the truth, explaining why age cheating is rampant in Nigeria in particular,
some will think u r justifying it.

When Jesus said to d Jews,
''He that is without sin,let him be the first to cast the stone'' does it mean that He was justifying adultery ?no.
Cheating is not right but,
some people cheat because of conditions they found themselves ,no one is trying to justify what is wrong

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:35pm On Jan 23, 2023
Obiorah Nwankwo FT Stats for GD Chaves Today.

Boavista 1-1 GD Chaves - Primeira Liga Bwin Matchday 17.

Played 57mins.
30 touches.
3 pass entries into Final third.
17/24 accurate passes.
71% passing accuracy.
1/3 accurate long balls.
4/6 ground duels won.
4 tackles.
3 recoveries.
2 clearances.
1 headed clearance.
2 fouls committed.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:36pm On Jan 23, 2023
charlesemeka85:
if na Nigeria many will tag it begging n desperation 🤣
I tell you. Despite the chase, the player can never be allowed to feel bigger than the team. Win win

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:42pm On Jan 23, 2023
Keep deceiving yourself and the gullible ones here. You wey dey hustle for Aba come dey form UK boy. lol! Go and sit down!
komekn:

I won't respond to your nonsensical assertion, no point.

Considering the bold , has your naked prejudice befuddled your mind, or EEEEEEE deh Pain you

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:45pm On Jan 23, 2023
But he said na Nice he wants to go. I think those guys promised him a lot of money.
charlesemeka85:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:47pm On Jan 23, 2023
komekn:

Let's move away from anonymity but without specifics and tell me your experiential competencies. How many football clubs have you worked for ❓❓

I will admit to having a knowledge bias with England specifically and Europe in General.

Then add to that competency knowledge by association, how many English football league Manager do you know? How many European coaches and recruitment heads do you know ❓❓❓I will not talk about coaches
He made a strong point but you ignored it totally. The form of a team contributes.

Take it or leave it

Deflecting isn't an option. Haba
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 11:48pm On Jan 23, 2023
Marjoribanks:
But he said na Nice he wants to go. I think those guys promised him a lot of money.

EPL clubs will at least match the salary. Reports have it that West Ham offered almost double what Nice offered. The club wants him to go to West Ham because their financial offer is greater, but for some reason he wants to go to Nice.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:50pm On Jan 23, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

The stats I posted showed how Iheanacho made good use of his time. Not you trying to throw some amateur readings that try to equate 10 minutes to 90 minutes. Then you try to claim you are a pro, when you do not even know a player needs a healthy run of games to prove himself.

Stop trying to sell yourself as some professional because you really demonstrate the opposite. You are seeing minutes to goals/Assists ratio and you are trying to discredit it.

Like who do you think we are, some amateurs that know nothing about football?

That crap you are pushing won't sell. The stats with what Iheanacho has done with his time is clear for even an amateur. Just see what you are posting. You are posting an incomprehensive stat and trying to run with it.

Keep that amateur analysis for your fans.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:53pm On Jan 23, 2023
Only God knows what Nice management promised him!
drDoom3:

EPL clubs will at least match the salary. Reports have it that West Ham offered almost double what Nice offered. The club wants him to go to West Ham because their financial offer is greater, but for some reason he wants to go to Nice.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:01am On Jan 24, 2023
Bruno Soporuchukwu Onyemaechi FT Stats for Boavista Today.

Boavista 1-1 GD Chaves - Primeira Liga Bwin Matchday 17.

Played 90mins+.
79 touches.
9 pass entries into Final third💥
29/40 accurate passes.
72% passing accuracy.
2/7 accurate long balls.
3/4 successful dribbles.
1 shot on target.
7/10 ground duels won.
100% aerial duels won (2/2).
10 recoveries.
4 tackles.
2 interceptions.
2 clearances.
1 headed clearance.

*Bruno completed the most dribbles (3) in the game.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:01am On Jan 24, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Only God knows what Nice management promised him!

I am sure it has to do with playing time,no b everybody go b like nacho😎
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:01am On Jan 24, 2023
drDoom3:

I personally do not understand Moffi's insistence on remaining in France. I can understand an England but France? Doesn't make sense.

West Ham have been chasing him for a while, offering big money. Make the move to the EPL with the opportunity.

This was the same mistake Osimhen made with Wolfsburg and Amoo with Copenhagen recently. I am not saying you must take the biggest and best offer, not necessarily, but don't do the opposite.
maybe he is not confident that he will crack it in England

Even at that remaining in France isn’t bad but settling for Nice when clubs with better profile in the same league like Lyon and Marseille hv declared interest is annoying

Playing and doing well for any of the French giants in European club competitions will add to his growing profile and he will be recognized as a tested prospect which will lure big and traditional teams in europe to take notice of him. If I were him I will force a move to marseille who are ready to add Senegalese Dieng (who hv already agreed moving to lorient) to the deal

2 good seasons with marseille in ligue 1 and the ucl/uel/ conference league will attract bigger clubs with mouth watering offers

Moving to Nice from lorient is like moving from bologna to empoli 🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:04am On Jan 24, 2023
elyte89:

I am sure it has to do with playing time,no b everybody go b like nacho😎
baba is more than playing time. If it was that westham will afford him such same as marseille
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 12:06am On Jan 24, 2023
daveP:
I tell you. Despite the chase, the player can never be allowed to feel bigger than the team. Win win
nah the circumstances are quite different. Spain is a powerhouse in world football. They have enough clout to use underage football to cap a player as opposed to sacrificing one squad member in the national team. Remember that eze has times without numbers honoured england u21 call up over a super eagle invite. we just don't have the clout to do stuffs like them. Our only selling point is to make Dem feel big else they are not playing for us. It's sad stuff but thats the situation.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:15am On Jan 24, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Iheanacho won the EPL player of the month. EPL. Like the English Premier League player of the month. If the coach has chose to leave such player out, that is his business and has nothing to do with his quality.

His stats are there to see with what he has done with the minutes he has been given. That stats you are throwing up there is deceptive and you know it. You have seen he did with the minutes given to him. One word. Outstanding.

Any other is really you thinking you are deceiving people but not us.

So he won EPL player of the month and so ❓How long ago was that ❓❓

Do we rely on past glories or do we understand that the component for quality is CONSISTENCY.

I did a comparison of Ademola who had to perform to claim position in Leicester. The more he performed the more opportunity he got and the more minutes by implication. That rubbishes your victim mentality claim that he KC didn't get enough minutes.

KC had been underperforming for 5 seasons out of his 6 seasons, in one season he had one goal in the EPL after 30 games.

Ademola played 26 games as a winger and scored 6 EPL goals and KC had 26 games and scored 4 EPL goals in 2021/22.

I dony what you are calling deceptive it's as plain as daylight, you are tur person that will call a bright white moon blue.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:20am On Jan 24, 2023
It seem OGC Nice hv turned their attention to Moroccan international striker El Neysiri who will cost them only 20m euros
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:22am On Jan 24, 2023
andrewbaba44:

Udinese is better than many epl small teams

Success have been the top assister at udinese since he joined ,but he is not doing well there according to you

No it is not please stop that .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:41am On Jan 24, 2023
Danielnino00:

It sounds more like stereotyping to me... I won't say age cheating is part of our culture,but rather it is one of the pitfalls of being a third world country. We don't have the infrastructure required to correct that. People aren't age cheating,rather they are taking advantage of the broken system . It is like America that has a culture of gun violence because the system allows them to carry guns.
But still I feel it isn't right to judge people based on the action of others in their social class....

Is it right to assume that over 90% of our police are corrupt, at every point of contact with the Nigerian police you will face corruption. From bail is not free, to buying petrol for police, to paying for police to carry out investigation, etc ,etc.

Police corruption is endemic, institutionalised, ingrained and widespread.

So as a consequence we will assume every Nigerian police man is corrupt from the bottom to the top.

So considering that in Nigeria age cheating is endemic and institutional at every level of society, why should we believe any footballers age in Nigeria, where the financial benefits for football ⚽ are immeasurable.

In addition age is a key indicator for a football ⚽ contract, if you are 25 from Africa no matter how good you are the possiblity of getting a professional contract very limited.

Your know the truth but DENY IT.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14150) (14151) (14152) (14153) (14154) (14155) (14156) ... (16145) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Marjoribanks and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.