Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11755187 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14225) (14226) (14227) (14228) (14229) (14230) (14231) ... (16183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:04pm On Feb 11, 2023
Danielnino00:

If his sentiments hinders him from making the best of his tactics, then he is no tactical genius... A real tactical genius will abandon any kind of sentiment that would impair his team's performance.

I am talking of deep knowledge of the game. Rodgers know it and he is insane at impacting the players with it.

So the discussion is mainly about gaining from his deep insight. Hi draw backs will always be his sentiments.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:05pm On Feb 11, 2023
Adebayo Adeleye returned to action between the sticks today, after being benched for the last 2 matchdays and kept a Cleansheet as his side, Hapoel Katamon Jerusalem played out a goalless draw vs Hapoel Beer Sheva in Matchday 22 of the Israeli Liga't Ha'al.

It was his 7th cleansheet in 16 league games.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:18pm On Feb 11, 2023
Lethal is different from can't press. Do not change the argument here! What does the overlapping fullbacks do? They simply cross into the box, precise cross! Simple! Onachu can't keep up with the pace is a controversial argument without no evidence to back it up. At Genk he is always there to convert those crosses. Today he was always at the right places pressing, running, passing, winning both aerial and ground duels. but his colleagues just do not know how to cross like Liverpool's overlapping full back (in your own world). Watch football abeg do not argue with me based on your imagination!
Danielnino00:

The Onuachu at Genk was lethal ..if the one you watched today is struggling because his midfielders aren't productive,then sorry, he won't fit at Liverpool at all.. Liverpool's midfield is built to press, recycle balls and cover up for the overlapping fullbacks... Creativity is secondary... Onuachu would struggle unless he can keep up with the pace of the team...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 7:19pm On Feb 11, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Now I see why strikers struggle in the premier league.
It is not because of its great defenders, but cos of its useless and mediocre midfielders!
EPL has the worst midfielders of all the top leagues in Europe!

This, my friend is the absolute truth and nothing but the truth. This is why I laugh sometimes when people exalt premier league and talk glowingly about the modern football while forgetting the basics of football.

Folks make it look like a striker has to be the one to cross from the midfield and at the same time receive the cross at the other end to score. A bad midfield is all you need for your strikers to look useless upfront. Couple that with stupid supposed inverted wingers who can't cross but would rather wanna go solo. All of these in the name of modern football.

It's also the same reason super eagles have looked mediocre despite having a large ammo of strikers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:25pm On Feb 11, 2023
Absolutely true!!!
kennysville:

This, my friend is the absolute truth and nothing but the truth. This is why I laugh sometimes when people exalt premier league and talk glowingly about the modern football while forgetting the basics of football.

Folks make it look like a striker has to be the one to cross from the midfield and at the same time receive the cross at the other end to score. A bad midfield is all you need for your strikers to look useless upfront. Couple that with stupid supposed inverted wingers who can't cross but would rather wanna go solo. All of these in the name of modern football.

It's also the same reason super eagles have looked mediocre despite having a large ammo of strikers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 7:30pm On Feb 11, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Lethal is different from can't press. Do not change the argument here! What does the overlapping fullbacks do? They simply cross into the box, precise cross! Simple! Onachu can't keep up with the pace is a controversial argument without no evidence to back it up. At Genk he is always there to convert those crosses. Today he was always at the right places pressing, running, passing, winning both aerial and ground duels. but his colleagues just do not know how to cross like Liverpool's overlapping full back (in your own world). Watch football abeg do not argue with me based on your imagination!
Put Halland in this Southampton, team. I want to check something.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:02pm On Feb 11, 2023
Igoh Ogbu started his first league game for Slavia Prague in defence, keeping a cleansheet in his side's 2-0 win over FC Zbrojovka Brno.

He played the entire 90.

They stay tops of the Czech Liga.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:17pm On Feb 11, 2023
Marjoribanks:

Trent and Robertson don't target whoever is playing no.9 with their crosses.. they target anybody in the box... You think if Onuachu is in this Liverpool team, the style of play will be adjusted to suit him?
How tall do you think Mane, Firmino,Salah and Jota are?
Onuachu isn't mobile enough...that much is evident... Unless you're the only person on this thread that watches football... After all you termed yourself the oracle.

Let me remind you that when Klopp took over Liverpool,he had Christian Benteke, one of the most lethal 18 yard box striker in the league at that time... But man wasn't mobile enough.. He was sold not long afterward...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 8:33pm On Feb 11, 2023
Nacho should leave Leicester City at end of season. I am very confident EPL Clubs will hustle to get him.

He should quit wasting his talent and potentials under that silly Manager. Enough should be enough.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:40pm On Feb 11, 2023
Oasis007:
Nacho should leave Leicester City at end of season. I am very confident EPL Clubs will hustle to get him.

He should quit wasting his talent and potentials under that silly Manager. Enough should be enough.
a player that even championship teams won't sign in komekn voice lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 8:55pm On Feb 11, 2023
maidaboi:
a player that even championship teams won't sign in komekn voice lol

Na una dey take am serious for here.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 8:58pm On Feb 11, 2023
Kog45:
Sir IDENNAA,do you mean the same old Ikechuckwu ofoje who captained Nigeria Under 20 team going to Chile 87 but was dropped before qualifiers started due to age....pls I want to hear more about him.God bless you.

Cc.Kog45

Senior man ,yes! He flew in from North Carolina to attend the wake-keep. As he was greeting some older townsfolk a man looked at me and looked at him and said "do you know who is this man" and wore a giggle while Ik Ofoje looked on and smiled. The man thundered this is Ikechukwu Ofoje! Boy , I was astonished because he was very much idolized at Umuoji where we both hail from. A very calm and stocky gentleman.

Other guys rushed to take pictures with him. It was nice

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 9:06pm On Feb 11, 2023
It is glaring to me that you did not watch Onuachu today! No need arguing with someone who already has his bias! It is a complete waste of time!
Danielnino00:

Trent and Robertson don't target whoever is playing no.9 with their crosses.. they target anybody in the box... You think if Onuachu is in this Liverpool team, the style of play will be adjusted to suit him?
How tall do you think Mane, Firmino,Salah and Jota are?
Onuachu isn't mobile enough...that much is evident... Unless you're the only person on this thread that watches football... After all you termed yourself the oracle.

Let me remind you that when Klopp took over Liverpool,he had Christian Benteke, one of the most lethal 18 yard box striker in the league at that time... But man wasn't mobile enough.. He was sold not long afterward...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 9:11pm On Feb 11, 2023
Ohh my days Atlanta balling and scores! Lookman balling hit the cross ball!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:27pm On Feb 11, 2023
If there is anything people should take home from the performances of Iheanacho and Nathan Tella, it is that a player can be good but left on the bench.

Sometimes coaches just do not want to play good players for reasons best known to them.

Finito.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 9:40pm On Feb 11, 2023
Iheanacho's class is permanent.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:42pm On Feb 11, 2023
Marjoribanks:
It is glaring to me that you did not watch Onuachu today! No need arguing with someone who already has his bias! It is a complete waste of time!

You're right...It's complete waste of time using one match to analyse a player many here are already familiar with his style..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:57pm On Feb 11, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

So proud of Nathan Tella. Shows you what the right system and a coach that has belief in a player can do.

Remember the news of Kompany discussing with Nathan Tella on multiple occasions before his move to Burnley. Showed Kompany was sure of his promise.

I hope Kompany also snaps Samuel Edozie from Southampton. The young man deserves better.

Nathan Tella with his Hattrick MatchBall. ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿฝ

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:01pm On Feb 11, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

Dis guy is hot na,till he moves to a big club b4 we go begin look him side๐Ÿ˜Š

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 10:03pm On Feb 11, 2023
Abeg any insights as to why Oga Jude dey bench for the world club final?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:10pm On Feb 11, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

Kompany has a big war ahead of him to keep Tella. He needs to hope Tella can push Southampton to let him go.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:13pm On Feb 11, 2023
IDENNAA:

Cc.Kog45

Senior man ,yes! He flew in from North Carolina to attend the wake-keep. As he was greeting some older townsfolk a man looked at me and looked at him and said "do you know who is this man" and wore a giggle while Ik Ofoje looked on and smiled. The man thundered this is Ikechukwu Ofoje! Boy , I was astonished because he was very much idolized at Umuoji where we both hail from. A very calm and stocky gentleman.

Other guys rushed to take pictures with him. It was nice
Yes IDENNAA honestly you made my day...I adore this man Ikechukwu Ofoje when he was in Ranger of Enugu and I remember watching him playing friendly match with Under 20 that paraded Etim enfant terrible Esin,Adeolu Adekola,William Opara,Nduka Ugbade,Ikpowosa Omoregie,Ladi Babalola.Nice to hear he is doing well for himself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 10:13pm On Feb 11, 2023
Lookman with a fine assist!! Atlanta leads 2nil!
Lazio players selfishness has come to bit them!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:13pm On Feb 11, 2023
Ademola Lookman Assist.

Atalanta up 2-0 away at Lazio.

His role today on the left side of that attack further buttresses my theory that Lookman can indeed slot in on the left in a 433 in the Super Eagles.

Now on 12 goals, 4 assists in 21 league games (16 starts).

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:16pm On Feb 11, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Kompany has a big war ahead of him to keep Tella. He needs to hope Tella can push Southampton to let him go.

If SOTON fails to stay up, Tella should sever ties with them in order to go up with Burnley or even get himself another team in the EPL

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:57pm On Feb 11, 2023
Joebie:
The Onuachu move didnโ€™t sit well with me. May be premature to say after 2 games, but I donโ€™t just feel it will work out.

I said it here that it won't work out

He is not mobile enough for the EPL and he is not in a team that is known for having good crossers of the ball for him to score headers

The guy just moved for money. Now he will pay the price for it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:59pm On Feb 11, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Onuachu would have been a perfect fit for Liverpool with Robertson and Trent!

lai lai

dey play, just dey play
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 11:04pm On Feb 11, 2023
BannedLarge:
Why is everyone in a haste for Osimhen to leave Napoli by the end of this season when he Is respected, loved and performing? If I was his advisors, I will tell him to win back to back Serbia A, become a Legend at Napoli before transferring elsewhere. You guys has to realize that some of these marquee teams are extremely impatient, and easily give up on players if they donโ€™t perform immediately and such attitude can destabilize a player Confidence. At Napoli, he is enjoying his football, competing at the highest level and is also respected. Why move so soon?

Bros, may God bless you well..you too get sene

I discussed this with my brother last week and said the same thing.

Osimhen ought to be patient. And very wise too

All these big eams with unstable management. They sack the coach who bought you and another one comes with his own preferred player. Make Osimhen calm down oooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 11:13pm On Feb 11, 2023
But make we talk true, Iheanacho is very inconsistent with his form

Forget say Rofdgers dey sentimental, Nacho too is very inconsistent

ANd yes, I am still not sold on him

Let him maintain it week in week out first

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:51pm On Feb 11, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

I repeat, Rodgers is tactically a genius but his bias and sentiments holds him back. That has been my point and it has not changed. His sentiments hinders him of making the best of his genuine brilliant understanding of the game of football.
TaCtICal gEnIUs

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:47am On Feb 12, 2023
I been thinking say he don already declare for us
elyte89:

Dis guy is hot na,till he moves to a big club b4 we go begin look him side๐Ÿ˜Š
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 3:00am On Feb 12, 2023
Blueelf:
But make we talk true, Iheanacho is very inconsistent with his form

Forget say Rofdgers dey sentimental, Nacho too is very inconsistent

ANd yes, I am still not sold on him

Let him maintain it week in week out first
How do you know someone not giving game time is inconsistent. Has he been given a run of games and he fails to deliver?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14225) (14226) (14227) (14228) (14229) (14230) (14231) ... (16183) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: JorgedeToledo, damagnificentusb(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.