Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,678 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11616800 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14331) (14332) (14333) (14334) (14335) (14336) (14337) ... (16130) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 7:07pm On Mar 18, 2023
Paul onuachu is presently the top scorer at Belgium league despite leaving the league 2 months ago for Epl. He hasn’t scored yet in 5 games at Southampton. (A superior league). This is one of the reasons why I don’t pay many people mind when they’re hyping goals scored at backwater leagues. If these players are good, let them prove theirself at the big 3 and coaches wouldn’t ignore them.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:19pm On Mar 18, 2023
BannedLarge:
Paul onuachu is presently the top scorer at Belgium league despite leaving the league 2 months ago for Epl. He hasn’t scored yet in 5 games at Southampton. (A superior league). This is one of the reasons why I don’t pay many people mind when they’re hyping goals scored at backwater leagues. If these players are good, let them prove theirself at the big 3 and coaches wouldn’t ignore them.
onuachu’s move to southampton na to just go make money for retirement. I was never expecting him to light up the epl with goals because of his style of play

At the ripe age of 29 the move is financially good for him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 7:23pm On Mar 18, 2023
Haaland!!! Two goals in three minutes 💪💪

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 7:38pm On Mar 18, 2023
charlesemeka85:

Aribo,onuachu,musa hv no business in the super eagles currently until they start seeing more playing time

Would hv added Onyeka but he’s display in brentford’s last 2 games after his injury return was very good
if onuachu, Aribo, nwkali where "abdulahi", "Mohammed", and "Yusuf" he would coat you and tag you a bigot .. emotional people

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 7:43pm On Mar 18, 2023
lovewins:

I believe you can express your objection without without whipping tribal sentiments. Many people have legit reasons for not wanting Musa in the team. Like someone rightly pointed, Zaidu is a northerner and most have no issues with him. If an injury free Sadiq Umar was included too most won't have issues.

Musa however has played an average of 2 mins per game this season. The objections to his inclusion isn't because he's a northerner. Musa has served his country and has done tremendously for Nigeria, and in my opinion needs to how out honourably. He needs to do so to allow room for many others waiting for an opportunity to represent their country. Musa got his opportunity when he was 18 years old. I remember he was the highest goal scorer in the NPFL and many clamoured for his inclusion. If we held on to non performing players then he probably wouldn't have had that opportunity. He should do the honourable thing and resign.

I agree also that Aribo and Onyeka shouldn't have been in the list.
don't mind that guy, football that unites the country , he wants to bring politics into it...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:54pm On Mar 18, 2023
Emmy450:
if onuachu, Aribo, nwkali where "abdulahi", "Mohammed", and "Yusuf" he would coat you and tag you a bigot .. emotional people
no mind am 🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:58pm On Mar 18, 2023
Lol... perhaps indeed he should. grin

Na the boldened comment I refer to ONLY.

AndSunGorilla:

Shouldn't the writer be slapped for the second comment?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:19pm On Mar 18, 2023
Koulibaly 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 8:56pm On Mar 18, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Lol... perhaps indeed he should. grin

Na the boldened comment I refer to ONLY.

Welcome back again sir.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 8:59pm On Mar 18, 2023
BannedLarge:
Football is a team sport. Put Halaand in Southampton and Onuachu in Mancity. How many goals have the other strikers in Southampton scored since Onuachu was signed? The same Belgian team disgraced Villarreal and Union Berlin. Are you saying those are back water leagues too? Onuachu still the highest goal scorer in that league shows his qualities no matter how hard you try to denigrate his achievements.
Boniface that turned Union Berlin defenders to Amateurs and won UEFA Europa player of the week plays in that league. He doesn't even have up to 10 league goals yet destroyed a 4th place team in the Bundesliga. Guy stop yapping bullcrap!!

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 9:08pm On Mar 18, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Football is a team sport. Put Halaand in Southampton and Onuachu in Mancity. How many goals have the other strikers in Southampton scored since Onuachu was signed? The same Belgian team disgraced Villarreal and Union Berlin. Are you saying those are back water leagues too? Onuachu still the highest goal scorer in that league shows his qualities no matter how hard you try to denigrate his achievements.
Boniface that turned Union Berlin defenders to Amateurs and won UEFA Europa player of the week plays in that league. He doesn't even have up to 10 league goals yet destroyed a 4th place team in the Bundesliga. Guy stop yapping bullcrap!!

I’m not denigrating his accomplishments I’m just informing you guys that we cannot drop our established players at big leagues for those guys scoring at lower leagues because scoring at lower leagues doesn’t equate to Quality

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:18pm On Mar 18, 2023
Josh Maja scored today

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 9:19pm On Mar 18, 2023
BannedLarge:

I’m not denigrating his accomplishments I’m just informing you guys that we cannot drop our established players at big leagues for those guys scoring at lower leagues because scoring at lower leagues doesn’t equate to Quality
Understood!! I agree 100%.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:24pm On Mar 18, 2023
Some of you saying Haaland goals are ony tap ins...if it was that easy, why are other strikers not scoring at least 20 goals a season

Let's not turn a blind eye to his quality

Haaland is a beast but is he a better all round striker than osimhen? I don't think so

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:27pm On Mar 18, 2023
Blueelf:
Some of you saying Haaland goals are ony tap ins...if it was that easy, why are other strikers not scoring at least 20 goals a season

Haaland is a beast but is he a better all round striker than osimhen? I don't think so
you did not make a single point your last sentence says it all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:27pm On Mar 18, 2023
Blueelf:

if em common wetin mk onuachu never score 1 since em come epl 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 9:29pm On Mar 18, 2023
charlesemeka85:
if em common wetin mk onuachu never score 1 since em come epl
Cause he is playing for Southampton and he is not even starting games
put Haaland in same situation he won't score too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:32pm On Mar 18, 2023
Philosopher1979:

The incompetence of NFF has to be exposed.
It is full of corrupt wicked people with a backward mentality
The local league players themselves must protest
Some of the players in our league have not been paid for months sometimes close to a year
Player welfare and working conditions are very poor
Also, the LEAGUE IS NOT TELEVISED
I THINK MONEY MEANT TO TELEVISE THE LEAGUE HAS BEEN STOLEN BY ANAJU PINICK
THE PLAYERS IN OUR LOCAL LEAGUE HAVE
TO FORM AN ASSOCIATION AND PROTEST AGAINST POOR WORKING CONDITIONS
AND LACK OF MEDIA COVERAGE OF THE LEAGE

THEY WILL NOT TELEVISE THE LEAGUE AND FORCE
THE COACH OF THE NATIONAL TEAM TO PROVIDE VISIBILITY
NFF IS FULL OF CORRUPT AND INCOMPETENT LEADERS
Until the government hands off the administration of our football,it will never grow... Football is a modern day business like many professional sport..it is a.money spinning venture... Our government barely know how to manage things like that... More private sector investment is needed to grow the league..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:33pm On Mar 18, 2023
wayodude:

If it happens over 2 legs then yes. The better team wins.

If that's your unit of measurement, who is better Liverpool or Napoli ❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:35pm On Mar 18, 2023
kennysville:

Hmm E get as e be O! And yet you will not let us rest about championship and league 2.

So in essence what are you saying?

I was responding to the claim that Porto is better than Arsenal because they got a draw and won over penalties.

In essence l am saying ,it's not so simplistic.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:37pm On Mar 18, 2023
Blueelf:

For once, I agree with this

Let us try to develop our league a little

Develop our league..lol..
Until they get to play one or two games for the super eagles and their agents will find them clubs in Moldova, Belarus, Azerbaijan and second division middle east teams. Then we will have to call up another set of home based players to take their place. And on and on it goes... Meanwhile,there's some individuals within the NFF or somewhere else that will get a cut of the match bonus and signing fee of the player... All na business.. nothing like develop the league.. if anything,it will hurt the league more as teams will be losing their best players to obscure league and become shorthanded in CAF competitions

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:37pm On Mar 18, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Peserio still has two slots available why not invite midfielders! Why? Why don't we learn from past mistakes. Equaveon made the same mistake against Ghana. In the first leg, Bonke got injured, 2nd leg Onyeka could only play 45 mins cos he was injured by The rough Ghanaians as well. We had to play 45 mins without a DM and an AM. We didn't even loss to Ghana, we drew. With Ndidi and Iwobi's form then we would not have lost if they were available. Saying our midfielders playing in the EPL are not good enough is laughable.
Only Algeria arguably has a better midfield in Africa! The coach needs to do his job by calling the deserving players. Onyeka, Ndidi, Iwobi, Onyedika, Nwakali, Bonke, Etebo, Kingsley M, Aribo are definitely good enough midfielders to win the AFCON!

Nwakali should not and cannot be in any way shape or form be on the same page as the other players you have mentioned.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:40pm On Mar 18, 2023
BannedLarge:

Thank you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:52pm On Mar 18, 2023
Isaac Success the assist king with an assist against AC Milan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 10:06pm On Mar 18, 2023
maidaboi:
Isaac Success the assist king with an assist against AC Milan
Why is Victor Osimhen missing on your signature? 😁
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kendrick93(m): 10:08pm On Mar 18, 2023
Samueltemi337:
Only a fool would put onuachu and haaland in the same sentence...
Embarrassing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:16pm On Mar 18, 2023
Samueltemi337:
starter’s shirts aren’t offered on a platter of gold. He has to work hard to earn it

If u no Dey start match it implies at that moment the particular player isn’t doing enough

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:19pm On Mar 18, 2023
Ehizibue would hv been a great asset to the super eagles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 10:22pm On Mar 18, 2023
Na this ac Milan one beat Napoli?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:23pm On Mar 18, 2023
Samueltemi337:
them not fit but anything fit happen sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:23pm On Mar 18, 2023
Samueltemi337:
their match with Napoli na ucl finals?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by RichardKajola(m): 10:24pm On Mar 18, 2023
kendrick93:
Only a fool would put onuachu and haaland in the same sentence...
Embarrassing

We are educated here, can we be civil please

Sometimes try and re-read your comment and see it from the perspective of the one you are replying

Meanwhile we can't deny that Haaland has more clear cut chances compared to Onuachu because of the team he plays for and he had been coming up as a substitute for the saints

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14331) (14332) (14333) (14334) (14335) (14336) (14337) ... (16130) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: maidaboi(m), kayburner, Philosopher1979, TheSuperNerd(m), Softbreastt, geonyte(m), sojious, AndSunGorilla, Joebie, ChrisKels, chuks404, Truidstarr and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.