Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11752789 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16127) (16128) (16129) (16130) (16131) (16132) (16133) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:22pm On Apr 29
E dun be for Sadiq Umar

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:25pm On Apr 29
No be laugh matter. If Finidi fails NFF will take the hammer. This is not about Amuneke because Amuneke will ge the job someday. Let’s hope we qualify.

charlesemeka85:
so with the lobbying and protest Amuneke to still get the job?

Baba should go and contest for house of rep cus he seem more like our politicians than coach 🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:27pm On Apr 29
Good riddance until Sadiq can prove himself, but Finidi must sit up and respect the likes of Lookman. Play the best players.

ChrisKels:
E dun be for Sadiq Umar

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:30pm On Apr 29
charlesemeka85:

Baba should go and contest for house of rep cus he seem more like our politicians than coach 🤣🤣🤣

Dis guy don finish amunike and his supporters 🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 5:31pm On Apr 29
ChrisKels:

Who wan give am job with that rubbish he displayed in Ivory Coast?
Rubbish and he still use am enter final
Mean say everybody way go Ivory Coast Na rubbish them play undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by viccy12: 5:33pm On Apr 29
I have no confidence in Finidi but I hope he proves me wrong

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:38pm On Apr 29
viccy12:

Bro we no need ur confidence…na ur support to the new man we need 😀

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 5:41pm On Apr 29
charlesemeka85:

He go wait for another 2 years, then he go apply again..
I seriously hope he has investments because he never see work for months and I'm concerned for him

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 5:42pm On Apr 29
ChrisKels:
E dun be for Sadiq Umar

Maybe back to Almeria or a Turkish team?
Challenge is, Almeria has been relegated
He should get his club career going
Post decent stats
Na still fans go clamour for him to return
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 5:44pm On Apr 29
viccy12:

You took the words out of my mouth, or should I say, out of my keypad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 5:46pm On Apr 29
Oya oh,
Make we begin recommend players for Finidi
Let's start with the midfield..
Who should be invited and who should be phased out?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joelsteron: 5:47pm On Apr 29
I don't have problem with Finidi Gorge as Super eagles coach. My concern is about the team's tactics, player selection, and overall technical direction.

Some of the issues NFF has failed to tackle includes:

1. Lack of a clear playing style or identity
2. Poor tactical decisions and game planning
3. Inadequate player development and scouting
4. We don't use soccer data analyst infact we must increased focus on data analysis and sports science.

Let's hope for improvement and success for the Super Eagles! Even though going to the world cup looks shaky. cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:49pm On Apr 29
Same here too over two friendlies. Giving me Jpes vibes friendly-results wise. Let’s see what he will do in his first competitive tie.

viccy12:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:51pm On Apr 29
Finidi to me is a better choice playing safe. He’s been longer with the team. So has no excuse to fail. Let Amuneke prove himself from a clean slate when he gets the job someday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 5:52pm On Apr 29
joelsteron:
I don't have problem with Finidi Gorge as Super eagles coach. My concern is about the team's tactics, player selection, and overall technical direction.

Some of the issues NFF has failed to tackle includes:

1. Lack of a clear playing style or identity
2. Poor tactical decisions and game planning
3. Inadequate player development and scouting
4. We don't use soccer data analyst infact we must increased focus on data analysis and sports science.

Let's hope for improvement and success for the Super Eagles! Even though going to the world cup looks shaky. cool

All your submissions notwithstanding, we are already in a precarious situation as far as the world cup qualifiers are concerned
We would need nothing short of a miracle to qualify..

I think Finidi's appointment is more of a stop gap
If he fails to qualify us for the mundial, he would probably be sacked
Some persons mentioned sabotage and this whole situation looks and smells like sabotage, except the miraculous happens

I don't even think qualifying us for the world cup would keep him on the job
They may still bring in a foreign coach that has been their utmost dream ever since ..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tinneh: 5:53pm On Apr 29
TheGoodJoe:
I just feel it is unprofessional and insulting to make people waste their time applying for the job, while sticking with the person on the job. I hope it never repeats itself.
Nigeria things always diffrent, if it was obvious they wanted finidi all this while, why waste time, anyways I wish him the best moving forward

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Pidginwhisper: 5:58pm On Apr 29
Make we trend #JusticeForElyte89 hashtag for our man. Dem do us bad😂😂

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:00pm On Apr 29
If Finidi qualifies us, he should continue.

I NFF fails they can’t blame anyone of sabotage. Finidi is their choice. And they had a free hand to appoint any foreign coach as long as they could pay the coach grin

lbrichman2:

All your submissions notwithstanding, we are already in a precarious situation as far as the world cup qualifiers are concerned
We would need nothing short of a miracle to qualify..

I think Finidi's appointment is more of a stop gap
If he fails to qualify us for the mundial, he would probably be sacked
Some persons mentioned sabotage and this whole situation looks and smells like sabotage, except the miraculous happens

I don't even think qualifying us for the world cup would keep him on the job
They may still bring in a foreign coach that has been their utmost dream ever since ..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:01pm On Apr 29
komekn:

When somebody gives accolades galore to a striker s out his performance. You expect to see a few goals maybe a hat trick.

But no not one goal 🥅 from open play just a penalty. It simply doesn't add up .

Analysing a players performance is not praise galore. He pinpointed things Osimhen did well. There is nothing he said that is not synonymous to what was on the clip.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 6:01pm On Apr 29
Joebie:
Finidi to me is a better choice playing safe. He’s been longer with the team. So has no excuse to fail. Let Amuneke prove himself from a clean slate when he gets the job someday.

Truly, all things considered, Finidi's appointment is the most sensible choice
The most sensible, not the best
He has been a part of this setup for 20 months
He understands the system, the players and even the NFF with their shenanigans..
If he fails to qualify for the world cup, they can quickly and easily remove him and bring someone else, and we the fans will support that massively.
I give NFF kudos
Smart, sensible choice
Not the best, but sensible, all things considered
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by viccy12: 6:06pm On Apr 29
[quote author=Joebie post=129698144]Same here too over two friendlies. Giving me Jpes vibes friendly-results wise. Let’s see what he will do in his first competitive tie.

[/quote

Paddy paddy appointment. There is nothing that qualifies Finidi for that job.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 6:11pm On Apr 29
UPDATE:

According to my source, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have shortlisted three names as a potential assistant(s) to Finidi George;

* Emmanuel Amunike.

* Daniel Amokachi.

* Michael Nsien.

As seen on Twitter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by viccy12: 6:12pm On Apr 29
Joebie:
If Finidi qualifies us, he should continue.

I NFF fails they can’t blame anyone of sabotage. Finidi is their choice. And they had a free hand to appoint any foreign coach as long as they could pay the coach grin

Honestly, I wanted Amunike and if Finidi fails they will return to these mediocre foreign coach and Amunike will not be considered.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:12pm On Apr 29
No finishing here. Just a fat boy making irrelevant noise.

elyte89:

Dis guy don finish amunike and his supporters 🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 6:17pm On Apr 29
TheGoodJoe:
I just feel it is unprofessional and insulting to make people waste their time applying for the job, while sticking with the person on the job. I hope it never repeats itself.

I agree with you. GFA did the same. After receiving over 600 applications, they still went for Addo who didnt apply for the job because he didnt meet the 15 years working experience required. But for NFF, they really wanted foreign coach, they just dont have the money.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:26pm On Apr 29
Leave the NFF naa. Sebi it is the same Finidi who benched Lookman. I am watching keenly. I don't feel confident with Finidi in charge but let us hope things go well especially as our WCQs campaign is still in shambles.

TheGoodJoe:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:28pm On Apr 29
Understands the players yet benched Lookman?? It is well.

lbrichman2:

Truly, all things considered, Finidi's appointment is the most sensible choice
The most sensible, not the best
He has been a part of this setup for 20 months
He understands the system, the players and even the NFF with their shenanigans..
If he fails to qualify for the world cup, they can quickly and easily remove him and bring someone else, and we the fans will support that massively.
I give NFF kudos
Smart, sensible choice
Not the best, but sensible, all things considered

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:29pm On Apr 29
Finidi and the NFF will both get the hammer. Not just the NFF. None will be spared if we fail so we better not fail.

Joebie:
No be laugh matter. If Finidi fails NFF will take the hammer. This is not about Amuneke because Amuneke will ge the job someday. Let’s hope we qualify.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 6:32pm On Apr 29
TheSuperNerd:
Understands the players yet benched Lookman?? It is well.

It's just a friendly game big baby
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 6:33pm On Apr 29
jihday:
UPDATE:

According to my source, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have shortlisted three names as a potential assistant(s) to Finidi George;

* Emmanuel Amunike.

* Daniel Amokachi.

* Michael Nsien.

As seen on Twitter
If truly amokachi name dey. Forget it. It's actually him. APC eye in d system.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:37pm On Apr 29
jihday:
UPDATE:

* Emmanuel Amunike.

* Daniel Amokachi.

* Michael Nsien.

As seen on Twitter

Michel nsien is appropriate for d role or me sha 😀😀

Amunike assisting finidi doesn’t go down well to my ears 👂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 6:38pm On Apr 29

(1) (2) (3) ... (16127) (16128) (16129) (16130) (16131) (16132) (16133) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Shegzdave and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.