Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,261 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11691926 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14390) (14391) (14392) (14393) (14394) (14395) (14396) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:08am On Mar 28, 2023
It's apparent that some believe that V.O. can do no wrong and is best striker in the world 🌎 , and will exonerate him from any faults and make allowances for any errors. That is emotive preference.

Players screaming at their team mates is not an attribute of leadership and of a team that is together. It creates discord, discontent and conflict in the team and destroys team cohesion.

Football ⚽ is a team game not an individual game. Teams that operate in unity win teams that operate in division do not.

We can analyse the individuals until the cows come home ,but without team unity, togetherness, joined up convergence we are not going to get far.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:12am On Mar 28, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Thank you ooo Andy. And Chukwueze is Osimhen's closest paddy in the team yet he spares him no scolding.

And yes, thank you for pointing this out. Osimhen does clap and gives a thumbs up most times even when his teammates play nonsense passes or misplace some efforts to find him. He applauds because he understands and sees their efforts to connect but now he talks to Zaidu and everyone complains?? Same Zaidu wey folks in here dey call for him head? Lol

Statistically, Zaidu was one of our better players on the day from a general POV but his crossing and the timing of his crosses left much to be desired. They were horrible.

As a wing back your KPI , key performance indicator is actually your ability to cross the ball from the wing , this is why you are in the team.

If you cannot do this most basic of skills, what on earth are you in the team for ❓ you are essentially a WASTE.

Look at Robertson and Trent in Liverpool , this is what they can do with their eyes closed. But not just crossing, but passing with pin point accuracy long and short, consistently.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:12am On Mar 28, 2023
Blueelf:

Don't even go there

Which one be Messi?

Oga 3 bad crucial games in a row is not a fluke

He disappeared in both legs against Ghana and did same against GB

Oga, you dey cap

Oya, go and carry the CAF award and give him na

In the history of CAF award, your performance for your national team is paramount

Don't be surprised osimhen doesn't make top 3

Na sentiments dey worry una

You have repeated the bolded too many times,but still can't bring out evidence.... The list of all previous CAF award winners are on the internet.. Kindly pull up a couple of names that have won the award solely based on national team performance...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:17am On Mar 28, 2023
komekn:

First of all I'm NIAJA not **** you may be but l not.

I've already done a very objective quasi balance score card appraisal.

A few uninformed which to contend with me but FAILED.

I was clear and concise and it was not anchored primarily on finance.

I challenge your to tell me one item I've said concerning NWAKALI that is UNTRUE, from facts we make deductions.

I challenge you to name one Factual information not two but just one item that I've said with regards to NWAKALI that is UNTRUE.

I understand that the truth IS BITTER for you and you therefore think it's HATE.

I will probably never ever meet Nwakali and I don't know him so why should I hate him ❓

Are you FIFA, UEFA or IFFHS? Those are the only bodies that can ranked national leagues based on valid,approved and acceptable criteria.. Anything outside that is simply your own OPINION and isn't valid! So until you can pull up something tangible to prove your claim that the Segunda division is below the level of the English league two, you're just capping....

You say Chukwueze is an anonymous mouse in the Segunda,yet somebody pulled out stats that shows that he is among the top 5 ranked players based on stats in the league, and you easily dismissed it,so why should I try ? Anything anybody pulls up in support of the young man is easily rubnished by you...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:25am On Mar 28, 2023
In terms of finance itself,the Segunda division isn't as poor as Komekn constantly try to paint it.... According to data on transfermarket, the net value of teams in the Segunda division is almost twice that of the English league one and league two combined... The English championship is of course, far ahead.... The Segunda division even has bigger market value than the Scottish league...

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 8:25am On Mar 28, 2023
Marjoribanks:
What has Morocco won in two decades? Before it was Ghana now na Morocco cos they struggled to beat one under par Brazil at their home. AFCON is next year. We will all be here!

Bro I like you on this platform and the love for the Super Eagles 🦅 which I have too, but downplaying the progress of Morocco is villainous at its best.

What have they won in two decades? That was their building period, they invested in their sports and are benefitting from it now. Heck! The got to the fxxcing semifinals of the 2022 FIFA World Cup 😱 When did Nigeria get to the Quarterfinals last?

Omo, you can talk about the Super Eagles 🦅 o, but if you don't see a changed, passionate, strong, tactically sound and formidable Morocco in this their new squad, you're just an enemy of progress bro.

Morocco would be playing against Peru tonight at their home. They've played Peru only once which they lost the match. God will keep us alive till 8:30pm.

And hey, they didn't "struggle" to beat Brazil I swear. Brazil were damnnnnn lucky to have not bagged 4-0 if not for missed big chances and Yassine Bonou's error.

Forza Maroc ❤️🇲🇦⚽

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kwashiman: 8:38am On Mar 28, 2023
Nwakali, Gift Orban, Daniel Daga, Benjamin Frederick, Onyedika, Alhassan Yusuf, Ebuehi and maybe Nwobodo and Adeleye (GK) have to be invited for the last qualifier games. We must see a team list of at least 6-7 midfielders per game going forward otherwise we will run riot.

And Peseiros contract should NEVER be renewed after it's up in a few months, I'll rather we just settle for Finidi and Amunike and give them all the resources to prepare their team for the AFCON next year by scheduling friendlies against top teams in Europe.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:49am On Mar 28, 2023
COOL10:
Almost five years since Victor Moses left and we're yet to find a credible replacement. Moses Simon, Chukwueze, Dennis, Onyekuru; none of those guys has managed to fill his boots.
Genk’s Sor and tella should be tried

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:08am On Mar 28, 2023
Tuanzebe and wan bissaka switching to Congo

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 9:13am On Mar 28, 2023
Blueelf:

Don't even go there

Which one be Messi?

Oga, you dey cap

In the history of CAF award, your performance for your national team is paramount

3 crucial bad games in a row?? before this double header osihmen last played for us against sao tome and Sierra Leone. Because your takes dey gba no mean say make you still dey lie ontop.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 28, 2023
Kwashiman:
Nwakali, Gift Orban, Daniel Daga, Benjamin Frederick, Onyedika, Alhassan Yusuf, Ebuehi and maybe Nwobodo and Adeleye (GK) have to be invited for the last qualifier games. We must see a team list of at least 6-7 midfielders per game going forward otherwise we will run riot.

And Peseiros contract should NEVER be renewed after it's up in a few months, I'll rather we just settle for Finidi and Amunike and give them all the resources to prepare their team for the AFCON next year by scheduling friendlies against top teams in Europe.
The great Jose Peseiros contract has been renewed til after the AFCON next year. Deal with it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odogwujayy: 9:18am On Mar 28, 2023
charlesemeka85:

Normally, I no even know wetin dem dey wait for since.. Wan Bissaka dey wait for Southgate wey no call TAA, White etc... Make dem just switch to Congo, dem go kukuma be big names there.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:21am On Mar 28, 2023
Blueelf:

Don't even go there

Which one be Messi?

Oga, you dey cap

More nonsense talk. So we didn't watch the 2018 world cup ba What about Liverpool 2nd leg in 2019? Roma 2nd leg in 2018? Juventus home and away in 2015. Bayern nko? U must think people are smoking crack to believe that rubbish.

If national team performance is paramount why did aubameyang win it over Yaya Toure when Ivory Coast won the nations cup? Just say u don't want Osimhen to win and go on with your life.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:32am On Mar 28, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Thank you ooo Andy. And Chukwueze is Osimhen's closest paddy in the team yet he spares him no scolding.

And yes, thank you for pointing this out. Osimhen does clap and gives a thumbs up most times even when his teammates play nonsense passes or misplace some efforts to find him. He applauds because he understands and sees their efforts to connect but now he talks to Zaidu and everyone complains?? Same Zaidu wey folks in here dey call for him head? Lol

Statistically, Zaidu was one of our better players on the day from a general POV but his crossing and the timing of his crosses left much to be desired. They were horrible.

Zaidu just like Mendy of Madrid ,they only know how to defend ,and that will keep him on the Porto team ,everything else about zaidu was poor ,maybe if Moses Simon was delivering good crosses we won’t be worried about zaidu

As for osimhen ,you can only critisize him a little about his offsides positioning ,he was decent for the rest things he did ,despite not being at his best ,I no really see how many clear chances osimhen get and he was so hardworking throughout the game

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 9:36am On Mar 28, 2023
Blueelf:

Oga they will flog SE

Which big name is in Morocco? Apart fraybe amrabat and ziyech and their GK andHakimi

Do you know in Europe, our attackers are more highly rated than them?

But they have an excellent coach and a functioning govt

Dey play

They will spell Nigeria

they wont spell Nigeria kan kan….small success an african team begins to enjoy una go start dey rub am on Nigeria face…na so una hype Algeria pre-afcon 2021 untill them reach there na common sierra leone humbled and sent them packing from group stage…with all the invisibility Algeria enjoyed na so so 1-0 1-0 2-1 them dey play us…now morocco will spell Nigeria abi…we will meet them surely..i pray this happens
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 9:37am On Mar 28, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Genk’s Sor and tella should be tried

I like that Tella guy. The only problem is that he plays in the championship.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 9:38am On Mar 28, 2023
chuks404:
like play, this is true ooo oooo. Hmmm

So sad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 9:43am On Mar 28, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
So people just found out Osimhen shouts? Next u will tell me his hair is blonde undecided

I don't get it, should he whisper sweet nothings in their ear when they are not playing for the team? The same Samu he shouts at most is his best friend on the team. Napoli surely don't have a problem either since he is part of the team’s leadership group.
abeg forget people 😂😂, this shouting issue dey just found out now, is what he does weak in weak out In Napoli and also in Nigeria,but as we didn't score lots of goals this international break Dem don remember say he dey shout😂😂😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 9:48am On Mar 28, 2023
JohnBullMySon:

Chukwueze is not even selfish. Even Osimhen missed a one-on-one set up solely by Chukwueze in the second half. 80% of left-footed wingers today will attempt that chance rather than lay a pass. My issue with him is that his conversion rate is too poor for the amount of chances he creates, the run was good, the footwork as well, but the finish poor AF. In that case he should just pass.

Taking that chance is usually what a winger would likely do, however if he hasn't improved on burying chances, he should not remind us of how poor his finishing can be.
khavarastelia would have lay that pass for osimhen no debate about it.. watch d highlights again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 9:51am On Mar 28, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

When a player is free, unmarked in space inside the box and the left forward is in a tough position to score, he has to lay it to the free player. There is no excuse for that. He might score from the shot, but that does not make it right.
simple

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:52am On Mar 28, 2023
charlesemeka85:

Wan bissaka is even understandable

Wetin tuanzebe Dey wait for since ,he might not even start for dr Congo normally
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 9:54am On Mar 28, 2023
Osimhen is our only starboy and poster boy so far…The way the brazilians are currently idolizing Neymar, Norweigian idolizing haaland, senegalese idolizing mane, Egyptian idolizing salah…is the same way we are idolizing Osimhen(more especially seeing him develop from u17 to super eagles and flourishing).
Abeg for now he is doing no wrong in my eyes maybe when gets to his 30’s…for now the goal is to surpass rashidi yekini🤪🤪😀😀

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 10:02am On Mar 28, 2023
andrew444:

Zaidu just like Mendy of Madrid ,they only know how to defend ,and that will keep him on the Porto team ,everything else about zaidu was poor ,maybe if Moses Simon was delivering good crosses we won’t be worried about zaidu

As for osimhen ,you can only critisize him a little about his offsides positioning ,he was decent for the rest things he did ,despite not being at his best ,I no really see how many clear chances osimhen get and he was so hardworking throughout the game
nice one. Osimhen that was pressing like his life depends on the match. He was just unlucky yesterday. One of his shot hit the bar. Omo that guy is good. Whoever that is saying he is not a candidate for APOTY must be high on something.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 10:07am On Mar 28, 2023
JohnBullMySon:

Chukwueze is not even selfish. Even Osimhen missed a one-on-one set up solely by Chukwueze in the second half. 80% of left-footed wingers today will attempt that chance rather than lay a pass. My issue with him is that his conversion rate is too poor for the amount of chances he creates, the run was good, the footwork as well, but the finish poor AF. In that case he should just pass.

Taking that chance is usually what a winger would likely do, however if he hasn't improved on burying chances, he should not remind us of how poor his finishing can be.
it doesn't make chukwueze decision good. The young man was poor with his decision even in several other situations. That ball was supposed to by passed to osimhen. He should grow up or go and watch saka on when and when not to shot. Top wingers 98% will pass that ball. Even osimhen would have passed that ball. Finito.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 10:12am On Mar 28, 2023
Truidstar:
If dem like make them spell Abracadabra x2. Leave our Eagles for us with our JP, we go manage am like that.
nawa o, why do we like mediocrity in this country? Abi you no dey see morroco ?? You no like as their matches sweet to watch?...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ineedmoneybadly: 10:15am On Mar 28, 2023
sad

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 10:17am On Mar 28, 2023
komekn:

As a wing back your KPI , key performance indicator is actually your ability to cross the ball from the wing , this is why you are in the team.

If you cannot do this most basic of skills, what on earth are you in the team for ❓ you are essentially a WASTE.

Look at Robertson and Trent in Liverpool , this is what they can do with their eyes closed. But not just crossing, but passing with pin point accuracy long and short, consistently.

Trent Arnold. That cannot defend to save his life, is who you're bringing as example?? 😂😂 Why is he not playing for England?😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:46am On Mar 28, 2023
andrew444:

Zaidu created one of the biggest chances of the day, the one that Samu shot instead of passing. All his crosses were on point too. He also has that low cross for Osimhen and his crosses in general were n9t bad.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:49am On Mar 28, 2023
komekn:
It's apparent that some believe that V.O. can do no wrong and is best striker in the world 🌎 , and will exonerate him from any faults and make allowances for any errors. That is emotive preference.

Players screaming at their team mates is not an attribute of leadership and of a team that is together. It creates discord, discontent and conflict in the team and destroys team cohesion.

Football ⚽ is a team game not an individual game. Teams that operate in unity win teams that operate in division do not.

We can analyse the individuals until the cows come home ,but without team unity, togetherness, joined up convergence we are not going to get far.

Why is Napoli about to win the league Victor was shouting before u even knew who he was.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:50am On Mar 28, 2023
Emmy450:
abeg forget people 😂😂, this shouting issue dey just found out now, is what he does weak in weak out In Napoli and also in Nigeria,but as we didn't score lots of goals this international break Dem don remember say he dey shout😂😂😂

Exactly, just ridiculous.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:55am On Mar 28, 2023
VillageBus:
in every position that isn't striker morocco have far better players than us.

Exactly brother
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:55am On Mar 28, 2023
Truidstar:
If dem like make them spell Abracadabra x2. Leave our Eagles for us with our JP, we go manage am like that.

Lolll

I don hear

(1) (2) (3) ... (14390) (14391) (14392) (14393) (14394) (14395) (14396) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.