Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11660732 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14391) (14392) (14393) (14394) (14395) (14396) (14397) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:23am On Mar 28, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

Top 5 Chances Creators for Nigeria today:

Samuel Chukwueze - 4 chances created.

Zaidu Sanusi - 3 chances created, 1 big chance created.

Alex Iwobi - 3 chances created.

Moses Simon - 3 chances created.

Bright Osayi-Samuel - 1 chance created, 1 Penalty won.

This above is my post on our chances creators yesterday and I also indicated the big chance Zaidu created.
In another post, I stated he recorded the most passes entries into the attacking third. In the end, he recorded 13. No one had more.

But his crossing was not all on point Basco. Truth be told, it wasn't.

Out of his 8 cross attempts, he only got one accurate. That's a 12.5% crossing accuracy. Not stellar at all.

It was his long balls he nailed 2 out of 3 times.

BascoVanVeli:

Zaidu created one of the biggest chances of the day, the one that Samu shot instead of passing. All his crosses were on point too. He also has that low cross for Osimhen and his crosses in general were n9t bad.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 28, 2023
Emmy450:
nawa o, why do we like mediocrity in this country? Abi you no dey see morroco ?? You no like as their matches sweet to watch?...

Wetin this one dey talk? You win match, get 3 points, you dey top group, what else do you want? Beautiful football no dey win trophies.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 12:38pm On Mar 28, 2023
minfelix:

they wont spell Nigeria kan kan….small success an african team begins to enjoy una go start dey rub am on Nigeria face…na so una hype Algeria pre-afcon 2021 untill them reach there na common sierra leone humbled and sent them packing from group stage…with all the invisibility Algeria enjoyed na so so 1-0 1-0 2-1 them dey play us…now morocco will spell Nigeria abi…we will meet them surely..i pray this happens

We're used to that already, people analysing football with emotion😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 12:45pm On Mar 28, 2023
Tessyy1701:

We're used to that already, people analysing football with emotion😂
🤣🤣 asin eehn our emotions na grade 6

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:05pm On Mar 28, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

This above is my post on our chances creators yesterday and I also indicated the big chance Zaidu created.
In another post, I stated he recorded the most passes entries into the attacking third. In the end, he recorded 13. No one had more.

But his crossing was not all on point Basco. Truth be told, it wasn't.

Out of his 8 cross attempts, he only got one accurate. That's a 12.5% crossing accuracy. Not stellar at all.

It was his long balls he nailed 2 out of 3 times.

The only one I can give u was when he lost the ball and just put in a low cross into the box. His cross at 13 minutes was deadly and even the block the defender made could have gone either way. 60 minutes a freekick that fell on the head of Terem Moffi and don't forget the low cross for Osimhen at 71. So there is no way he got only one cross right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 2:13pm On Mar 28, 2023
Truidstar:
Wetin this one dey talk? You win match, get 3 points, you dey top group, what else do you want? Beautiful football no dey win trophies.
watin I dey talk??.. play like this against same Brasil and loose by at least 3nil, that is what I'm saying

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:27pm On Mar 28, 2023
M7even:

How many people will understand this pun or analogy? Just say the easiest analogy which is pesiero is a "harry maguire" waiting to happen to the team 😂

Contractor and Sam Axe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:37pm On Mar 28, 2023
Bright Osayi-Samuel vs Guinea Bissau
Another brilliant performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSJFYbeTeo

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:38pm On Mar 28, 2023
Update: Can We Now All Agree That Oluwasemilogo Adesewo Ajayi Is The New Joseph Yobo 🇳🇬💪🏿

Man was so calm, coordinated and serious-minded...🚶🏿‍♂️

The towering defender dealt with and pocketed Mama Samba Balde today at the Estadio 24 de Setembro 🏟️

#NPFLUpdates

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:53pm On Mar 28, 2023
Nigeria's Chances Creation leaders after 4 rounds of games in the 2023 AfconQs

Only one midfielder on this list. Again it shows the overburden on Iwobi in the middle game when it comes to creativity. And his is at 1.5 chances created per game.

🥇Moses Simon - 10 chances created in 4 games.

🥈Samuel Chukwueze - 8 chances created in 3 games.

🥉Victor Osimhen - 7 chances created in 4 games.

🥉Ahmed Musa - 7 chances created in 3 games.

Zaidu Sanusi - 6 chances created in 3 games.

Alex Iwobi - 6 chances created in 4 games.

Bright Osayi-Samuel - 4 chances created in 2 games.

Ademola Lookman - 4 chances created in 3 games.

NB: Simon has more chances created but Chuks has the better ratio per game. 2.7 against Simon's 2.5.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:02pm On Mar 28, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Nigeria's Chances Creation leaders after 4 rounds of games in the 2023 AfconQs

Only one midfielder on this list. Again it shows the overburden on Iwobi in the middle game when it comes to creativity. And his is at 1.5 chances created per game.

🥇Moses Simon - 10 chances created in 4 games.

🥈Samuel Chukwueze - 8 chances created in 3 games.

🥉Victor Osimhen - 7 chances created in 4 games.

🥉Ahmed Musa - 7 chances created in 3 games.

Zaidu Sanusi - 6 chances created in 3 games.

Alex Iwobi - 6 chances created in 4 games.

Bright Osayi-Samuel - 4 chances created in 2 games.

Ademola Lookman - 4 chances created in 3 games.

NB: Simon has more chances created but Chuks has the better ratio per game. 2.7 against Simon's 2.5.

AFCONQs Big Chances Created Stats leaders (Top 5) - Nigeria.

🥇Ahmed Musa - 4.

🥈Victor Osimhen - 3.

🥉Zaidu Sanusi - 3

✅️Ademola Lookman - 2

✅️Moses Simon - 2

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:06pm On Mar 28, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Update: Can We Now All Agree That Oluwasemilogo Adesewo Ajayi Is The New Joseph Yobo 🇳🇬💪🏿

Man was so calm, coordinated and serious-minded...🚶🏿‍♂️

The towering defender dealt with and pocketed Mama Samba Balde today at the Estadio 24 de Setembro 🏟️

#NPFLUpdates
I see him more of Keshi than Yobo.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 3:20pm On Mar 28, 2023
Emmy450:
abeg forget people 😂😂, this shouting issue dey just found out now, is what he does weak in weak out In Napoli and also in Nigeria,but as we didn't score lots of goals this international break Dem don remember say he dey shout😂😂😂

Shebi we dey shout abi?

Make him try this one for 2nd round of AFCON, na,ake we come loose

Na that time you go know say club form is different from country form

You go about pass and I go laugh tire

cheesy cheesy grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:46pm On Mar 28, 2023
Namibia winning Cameroon 2nil

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 3:59pm On Mar 28, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Namibia winning Cameroon 2nil

So many surprises at this AFCON qualifiers. Indeed Afeixcan football have come of age. No more minnows anymore

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 4:03pm On Mar 28, 2023
Our Olympic eagles will be playing today against Guinea in Rabat, Morroco. Wishing Salisu & the boys all the best. Hope they beat Guinea blue black

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 4:29pm On Mar 28, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
It was clear we set up attack from the wings. There was a clear pattern of play.

Moses and Zaidu on the right. Chukwueze and Osayi on the left. The setup was responsible for almost all our chances. Watch the replay.

However, football is not chess. Football is dynamic and you must seize on any interception in your opponents half. however, the buildups from our half was delivered to the wings. That was clear enough.

As clear as day from the days of Rohr. But the question that needs to be asked is this. Why are we surprised that other teams have figured us out and promptly blocked those channels knowing fully well that we are so very predictable. Either huff the ball into the air and insha Allah or go through moses Simon's wing. If all of this tactics have been deciphered by our opponents, why not switch to something better. Even the Bible says how foolish to set a trap for birds when they can see you setting it?

Observe the matches where we have ever lost. You will see this pattern over and over again. It calls to question the efficacy and potency of our tactics especially against a tactically disciplined side. When will we do the needful? Now that you have all the top 5 league players playing every game what has that translated to for us?

Truth be told, if nothing is done about our current predicament, it's gonna be the same sweet sour song we gonna be singing. I rest

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 4:36pm On Mar 28, 2023
Blueelf:
IMO , I think we should try Gift Orban in the wings, especially Chuks position

I feel that the reason Chuks has refused to improve is because he doesn't have competition

Or better still, move Osayi further front and let someone else take that RB position

Excellent point. When you know your position is threatened you will either sit tight or ship out
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 4:46pm On Mar 28, 2023
Come to think of it, why's Morocco not playing any qualifiers during this break
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 5:18pm On Mar 28, 2023
We may just have another Remo Stars (Maybe better) in the Nigerian football ecosystem.

Shola Akinlade, CEO of Paystacks just bought a 55% stake in a denmark club Aarhus Fremad. Shola also owns Sporting Lagos, a football club currently in the NNL seeking promotion to the NPFL.

Aarhus Fremad is currently top of the Danish second division and could be playing in the Danish top league next season. Easy money for Shola he if can get scouting right, tunnel players from Sporting Lagos to his club in Denmark and sell for big bucks in Europe. In all, a big plus for Nigerian football.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:32pm On Mar 28, 2023
Amedino99:

They were supposed to play Zimbabwe... unfortunately, Zimbabwe are under a FIFA ban

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay1: 5:40pm On Mar 28, 2023
lovewins:
We may just have another Remo Stars (Maybe better) in the Nigerian football ecosystem.

Shola Akinlade, CEO of Paystacks just bought a 55% stake in a denmark club Aarhus Fremad. Shola also owns Sporting Lagos, a football club currently in the NNL seeking promotion to the NPFL.

Aarhus Fremad is currently top of the Danish second division and could be playing in the Danish top league next season. Easy money for Shola he if can get scouting right, tunnel players from Sporting Lagos to his club in Denmark and sell for big bucks in Europe. In all, a big plus for Nigerian football.

Hopefully, more Organized private sector clubs spring up so that they can be plenty enough to start their own league and split away from the NPFL. it was how the EPL was formed in 1992 when it split away from the FA first division league to form an independent league that became the EPL today.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:45pm On Mar 28, 2023

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:51pm On Mar 28, 2023
3-teams group. One team won't be engaged during an entire window or part of a window.

Amedino99:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 5:58pm On Mar 28, 2023
lovewins:

The government needs to work with the NPFL in order to make it a respectable league that's conducive to this kind of private investment. It's not rocket science but this country keeps joking

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:38pm On Mar 28, 2023
Osayi is a winger. Na Turkey things.

Cecco90:

LoL.
Osayi actually started as a winger.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 6:43pm On Mar 28, 2023
Progress? yet their best players were born outside Morocco. Yes, they got to the Semi finals of the world cup. Ghana just needed a penalty to get there. Only an unfortunate extra time goal stopped Senegal. Cameroon was denied through bad officiating. Nigeria was denied by an unfortunate last minute goal. These teams score and play more entertaining games than these Moroccan side. I don't really rate a team that the best player is its goal keeper! My opinoin!
BankyGee:

Bro I like you on this platform and the love for the Super Eagles 🦅 which I have too, but downplaying the progress of Morocco is villainous at its best.

What have they won in two decades? That was their building period, they invested in their sports and are benefitting from it now. Heck! The got to the fxxcing semifinals of the 2022 FIFA World Cup 😱 When did Nigeria get to the Quarterfinals last?

Omo, you can talk about the Super Eagles 🦅 o, but if you don't see a changed, passionate, strong, tactically sound and formidable Morocco in this their new squad, you're just an enemy of progress bro.

Morocco would be playing against Peru tonight at their home. They've played Peru only once which they lost the match. God will keep us alive till 8:30pm.

And hey, they didn't "struggle" to beat Brazil I swear. Brazil were damnnnnn lucky to have not bagged 4-0 if not for missed big chances and Yassine Bonou's error.

Forza Maroc ❤️🇲🇦⚽
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 6:47pm On Mar 28, 2023
Although, he is good on the ball, I have problems with his reactions to loose and second balls. He does not put his body on the line!
Kog45:
I see him more of Keshi than Yobo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 7:01pm On Mar 28, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
3-teams group. One team won't be engaged during an entire window or part of a window.

oh okay. It was when someone said they were playing Peru today I noticed that did not play qualifiers. So that means only one team is getting out of the group right?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odogwujayy: 7:34pm On Mar 28, 2023
Amedino99:
oh okay. It was when someone said they were playing Peru today I noticed that did not play qualifiers. So that means only one team is getting out of the group right?

Top 2 sides will still make it to the afcon...
Maroc and SA are two top sides in their group atm.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:37pm On Mar 28, 2023
Senegal struggled to secure a 1nil win away to Mozambique today playing an awful football on a horrible pitch. No cry on the TL. If na 4nil now you will see them coming out in numbers from their rat hole (especially that Joebie) comparing with the Super Eagles. The same Senegal team wallop them on a good pitch in Dakar less than a week ago.
Don't ever tell me that pitch does not matter again in terms of football quality.
The Super Eagles playing on those horrible pitches played some superb football in both legs to the admiration of the commentators but some peeps here want us to believe that the team is bad. Dey play!

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (14391) (14392) (14393) (14394) (14395) (14396) (14397) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Shegzdave, Yachambliss(m), Marjoribanks, Sugarboyy(m), kennysville(m), jieta, Pidginwhisper, TheSuperNerd(m), kingphilip(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.