Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11658894 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14407) (14408) (14409) (14410) (14411) (14412) (14413) ... (16149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:53pm On Apr 01, 2023
Thomas Tuchel's first Bayern game as their new manager after replacing Julian Nagelsmann (one of my favorite tacticians/coaches in the game today) is seeing him demolish Borussia Dortmund thus will reclaim top spot for them today.

What a 4ce-ful start by Tuchel in his homeland, Germany.

Dortmund losing 4-0 after 65mins.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:09pm On Apr 01, 2023
Jordan Torunarigha celebrating his Third League Goal and 5th G/A league contribution of 22/23 across 26 league games (25 starts).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:12pm On Apr 01, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Gift Emmanuel Orban, the Haaland of Belgium, starts as usual for Gent.

His 11th game in Gent colors across all competitions but his 7th league game.

12 Goals, 1 🅰️ produced so far across 10 games. 7 of those in the Jupiler Pro League from 6 league games.

Get ready.

FT. RFC Seraing 0-5 KAA Gent.

Orban with a brace and an assist.

League Count: 9 goals, 2 assists in 7 league games🔥🔥

Overall: 14 goals, 2 assists in 11 games for Gent since his Winter Window Deadline Day signing from Stabæk🔥🔥

The Haaland Of Belgium✅️🔥

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:32pm On Apr 01, 2023
We have Gift Orban and Nathan Tella showing super promises but NFF members are more interested in giving Ahmed Musa more matches.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 8:19pm On Apr 01, 2023
TheGoodJoe:
We have Gift Orban and Nathan Tella showing super promises but NFF members are more interested in giving Ahmed Musa more matches.

Lolll

grin grin

When I said it will take 10yrs for Nigeria to repair and heal it's football, you all said that's too much

10yrs.....I said!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 8:20pm On Apr 01, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Matthias Oyewusi scores for Zalgiris Vilnius in the Lithuanian A.Lyga.

His 2nd league goal after 5 matchdays.

Wetin be this na

grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 8:22pm On Apr 01, 2023
Normally, people like salisu should not be coaching even an Ajegunle street football team again in Nigeria

10yrs......10yrs...

I said!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:53pm On Apr 01, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

We are not a serious footballing country due to the politicians running our football.

It has nothing to do with money. Most money meant for football development gets looted here.

Ancelotti will also not play game to help enroch their pockets and select their players.

The whole thing is messed up.. our football was on the rise in the 1990s and many people probably thought we would build on that (elder Kog45, kindly give us some insight into how well we were doing football wise during that period), but alas we couldn't... We keep producing many talented players both at home and abroad every year, but we can't boost of having a decent league at the least...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:06pm On Apr 01, 2023
They don remove golden generation from thread title?

See wetin Site Contractor and Nff don cause now😭
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:17pm On Apr 01, 2023
I use to enjoy that tag ' DREAM TEAM' for u23.. It was entralling.. this Salisu team just disappeared fiam....no dream, no team.... undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 9:27pm On Apr 01, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

FT. RFC Seraing 0-5 KAA Gent.

Orban with a brace and an assist.

League Count: 9 goals, 2 assists in 7 league games🔥🔥

Overall: 14 goals, 2 assists in 11 games for Gent since his Winter Window Deadline Day signing from Stabæk🔥🔥

The Haaland Of Belgium✅️🔥

I see Gift surpassing Emma Seyi Adebayor's exploits!! Unpopular opinion, I advise him to play for Togo, those ones will welcome him with a red carpet with pomp and pageantry!!! He would not be invited to the U23 and no coach will say they don't know him. With lowly Togo,Seyi achieved a lot in his career, winning the AFOTY, playing for the best teams in Europe, Gift could do much more even with Togo.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 9:30pm On Apr 01, 2023
elyte89:

But come to think of it,Brazil Dey go for ancelotti,money wise is Brazil 🇧🇷 dt richer Dan us?
Yes o Brazil is richer than us, they are an emerging economic power sir.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:32pm On Apr 01, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

I see Gift surpassing Emma Seyi Adebayor's exploits!! Unpopular opinion, I advise him to play for Togo, those ones will welcome him with a red carpet with pomp and pageantry!!! He would not be invited to the U23 and no coach will say they don't know him. With lowly Togo,Seyi achieved a lot in his career, winning the AFOTY, playing for the best teams in Europe, Gift could do much more even with Togo.

Well, thing is he has his heart/mind set on the Super Eagles. See below.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:33pm On Apr 01, 2023
Nigeria women's league action

Edo Queens vs FC Robo Queens

Esther Onyenezide from the U20s was on show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8kywzdSHKM

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 9:56pm On Apr 01, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

I feel that his call up is sure by June should he continue his scoring form

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:04pm On Apr 01, 2023
Amedino99:
I feel that his call up is sure by June should he continue his scoring form

Another yum yum FC player might just be invited in his stead, you never know grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kwashiman: 10:43pm On Apr 01, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Truly you reason like a Gorilla. So you want a talented generational talent like Gift to waste his international football career playing for Togo that considers even qualification to the AFCON as their biggest sporting achievement over his better odds of potentially winning an Afcon trophy with Nigeria when he joins a potentially world class attacking unit? na wa for you ooo! I know NFF is a joke, but the national team is just few midfield/defence tweaks and changes away from molding into a solid trophy winning side (hopefully under a serious coach), Gift is arguably the next big Nigerian star right now after Osimhen, it will be daft of him to throw that spotlight away over emotional decisions.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:00pm On Apr 01, 2023
Kwashiman:

Truly you reason like a Gorilla. So you want a talented generational talent like Gift to waste his international football career playing for Togo that considers even qualification to the AFCON as their biggest sporting achievement over his better odds of potentially winning an Afcon trophy with Nigeria when he joins a potentially world class attacking unit? na wa for you ooo! I know NFF is a joke, but the national team is just few midfield/defence tweaks and changes away from molding into a solid trophy winning side (hopefully under a serious coach), Gift is arguably the next big Nigerian star right now after Osimhen, it will be daft of him to throw that spotlight away over emotional decisions.

You can please make your point without being abusive. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 11:04pm On Apr 01, 2023
Kwashiman:

Adebayo waa awarded best African footballer at least once, played for the best teams in Europe, Arsenal, Man City, Spurs, Real Madrid while being a Togo player. He played at the world cup too mind you. George Weah while being a Lone Star is the only African to be awarded a world's best player at any point in time. So why can't he write his own story like the George Weahs of this world or Emmanuel Seyi Adebayor? One love, brother Kazim if my assumption is not flawed.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:11pm On Apr 01, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

And what makes you think he is eligible for Togo? Because he once lived there maybe for a year or two? So CharlesEmeka will be eligible to represent Ghana in a beer drinking competition just because he once lived in Accra for a few months?

Sometimes e dey hard una to reason before una go open mouth waaaaahhh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:17pm On Apr 01, 2023
Go read about Christian Akpan now, no be when him blow tomorrow you go begin shout that he should represent Ivory Coast just because he once played for Assec Mimosa's academy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:22pm On Apr 01, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Matthias Oyewusi scores for Zalgiris Vilnius in the Lithuanian A.Lyga.

His 2nd league goal after 5 matchdays.

How old is this guy? If he is truly young then he deserves that benefit of doubts. Remember how Moffi started at Kauno Zalgiris and later Riteriai all in the same Lithuania.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:27pm On Apr 01, 2023
ChrisKels:

And what makes you think he is eligible for Togo? Because he once lived there maybe for a year or two? So CharlesEmeka will be eligible to represent Ghana in a beer drinking competition just because he once lived in Accra for a few months?

obote 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Cecco90: 11:40pm On Apr 01, 2023
ChrisKels:

Chriskels Stray bullet still go find Charles grin grin grin. It's well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 11:51pm On Apr 01, 2023
ChrisKels:

How you dey? Shey land dey sell? Btw some reports state that Gift has a Togolese mother? I haven't confirmed it yet but do you have facts to dispute that he has a Togolese mom? One love and peace!!!!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 12:03am On Apr 02, 2023
charlesemeka85:
obote 🤣🤣🤣
Is Gift's mom from Togo?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 5:40am On Apr 02, 2023
National team time is limited even when preparing for major tourney. No National team plays that way!
TheSuperNerd:
And yes, the quick release by KDB to Mahrez on the right set up an initial 4 v 3 situation in favor of City which Mahrez utilised intelligently by quickly driving into that right halfspace centrally and seeking out Gundogan who had already Pre-Scanned to his left to know that Grealish would be there.

That's part of what I am talking about. Initiating Quick transitions and Taking advantage of the transition situations presented to you. It became 4 v 4 as Mahrez found Gundogan but it was already too late as the 4th man (hendo) running in to cut City's initial 4v3 couldn't pick out Alvarez early enough.

About Discipline... These lads (SE Players) need to be exposed to this system like an automation time and time again in training to drill it into them. They will pick it up and begin using it consistently. Their thought process in the final third will Change if we repeatedly drum this transition mentality into them.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 5:49am On Apr 02, 2023
He almost got Everton related! Hyping frauds!
elyte89:

But come to think of it,Brazil Dey go for ancelotti,money wise is Brazil 🇧🇷 dt richer Dan us?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:20am On Apr 02, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Is Gift's mom from Togo?
yes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:20am On Apr 02, 2023
Cecco90:

Chriskels Stray bullet still go find Charles grin grin grin. It's well.
🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 7:06am On Apr 02, 2023
charlesemeka85:
and they will later sell him for 45m just like koulibaly 🤣
45mill for a 31 years old defender with a year left on his contract is crazy money and a fantastic deal for Napoli

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 7:16am On Apr 02, 2023
typicalgamer:

Who is Messi ??

Mbappe is king and Halland is the rejected prince nothing comes close to those 2 guys alone

Vini jr his having the season of his life, no need to talk about D 🐐

Africa 3rd perfectly balanced. Mane and salah are both having one of the worse seasons of their life right now.
Only osimehn is the bright spot there
Vinicius having season of his life: 8g 4A
Salah having the worst season: 12g 7A (both in the league alone).

(1) (2) (3) ... (14407) (14408) (14409) (14410) (14411) (14412) (14413) ... (16149) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amedino99(m), mostob(m), lbrichman2, TheSuperNerd(m), justvictor57(m), Impeccable5248(m), elyte89 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.