Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,322 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14572) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11655995 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14569) (14570) (14571) (14572) (14573) (14574) (14575) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:36pm On May 13, 2023
COOL10:

Yeah, you're right and that's why I said he should have stayed in Belgium since they didn't indicate interest in him but I still feel his agent could have done more.

If a relegation threatened Southampton was the best team he could get for Onuachu in the EPL even with all the goals he scored in Belgium, then he must be a quack agent. Try comparing him with Choupo Moting's agent and you'll see what I mean.
stay in Belgium when he is close to 30?

The guy made the move to earn more money. He has done it all in Belgium so it’s ideal he moves to a bigger league like the epl to test himself among the best as well as rake up retirement money
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:37pm On May 13, 2023
iF really he was 30, how many naija forwards in their 30s can do what he is doing now in Belgium?

Blueelf:
My only worry about Gift Orbanis his age

To be honest, that guy commot at least 10yrs from his real age

And judging by that he has only 2 - 3 good years of football left

So, he isn't someone for the future

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:37pm On May 13, 2023
elyte89:

Dis victor eletu guy ppu re shouting up and Dan is he anoda Pablo aimar or riquelme 😊…I no understand,make d guy sha no disappoint
hahahahaha but the kid is good. Hv seen some of he’s game and in no distance time he will make it to Milan’s first team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:38pm On May 13, 2023
Bossman5:
What's happening to chukwueze
were you expecting him to be scoring every game?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 10:40pm On May 13, 2023
Joebie:
We can play 4-3-3 (our best forwards) or 3–5-2, wing backs that can cross
i was thinking we should be talking of bringing in more midfielders to supply passes for the striker we have instead of bringing in more strikers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:41pm On May 13, 2023
COOL10:

Yeah, you're right and that's why I said he should have stayed in Belgium since they didn't indicate interest in him but I still feel his agent could have done more.

If a relegation threatened Southampton was the best team he could get for Onuachu in the EPL even with all the goals he scored in Belgium, then he must be a quack agent. Try comparing him with Choupo Moting's agent and you'll see what I mean.
forget agent or sentiment onuachu is not as good as chupo

Moreover the move that took chupo to psg and Bayern were free transfer and he was only signed as back up

No big team will sign chupo for 15-20m
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:41pm On May 13, 2023
zicky:
i was thinking we should be talking of bringing in more midfielders to supply passes for the striker we have instead of bringing in more strikers
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:44pm On May 13, 2023
COOL10:

what about simy that got a move to salernitana after scoring 20 serie A goals? Such numbers ought to atleast earn him a move to the likes of Lazio,fiorentina,udinese,atalanta or even bologna

What makes a good striker is more than just goals.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:56pm On May 13, 2023
Blueelf:
My only worry about Gift Orbanis his age

To be honest, that guy commot at least 10yrs from his real age

And judging by that he has only 2 - 3 good years of football left

So, he isn't someone for the future
Orban is not up to 30 bro. Highest he should be in he’s mid 20s
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bossman5(m): 10:56pm On May 13, 2023
Papi85:
were you expecting him to be scoring every game?
How many goal contributions does he have since after the Madrid game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AmehTsaev: 11:14pm On May 13, 2023
Abeg e reach to ask, which part of Nigeria is Gift Orban from? I understand he's part Togolese from his mum so that one is established, but which part of Nigeria is his dad from? even his names (Gift Emmanuel
Orban) have no indigenous Nigerian/Togolese appendage to it. The guy is mysterious.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 11:14pm On May 13, 2023
Papi85:
what about simy that got a move to salernitana after scoring 20 serie A goals? Such numbers ought to atleast earn him a move to the likes of Lazio,fiorentina,udinese,atalanta or even bologna

What makes a good striker is more than just goals.

Simy made the same mistake, even worse.

I understand your point but as a striker, goals are your primary duty and that's why Man City did all they could to sign Haaland. You can do all the hold up and link up play in this world but at the end of the day, what people will remember you for are your goals because that is your primary duty. Assists come second.

Concerning Choupo, that was all part of the agent's plan. Terminate your contract with stoke, and I'll get you a free transfer move to PSG. From PSG, he got him a move to Bayern. Now that's how a smart agent works.

As a footballer, if you have an agent with great selling skills, you've solved half of your problems.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 11:58pm On May 13, 2023
COOL10:

Simy made the same mistake, even worse.

I understand your point but as a striker, goals are your primary duty and that's why Man City did all they could to sign Haaland. You can do all the hold up and link up play in this world but at the end of the day, what people will remember you for are your goals because that is your primary duty. Assists come second.

Concerning Choupo, that was all part of the agent's plan. Terminate your contract with stoke, and I'll get you a free transfer move to PSG. From PSG, he got him a move to Bayern. Now that's how a smart agent works.

As a footballer, if you have an agent with great selling skills, you've solved half of your problems.

Simy didn’t make any mistake. He only signed for a team that were willing to have him

There is no way the likes of Lazio,atalanta and the rest will want him for him to reject them and move to newly promoted salernitana unless the they offered more money

Scoring 20 serie A goals was enough to earn him a move to inter, juve or even Milan
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:33am On May 14, 2023
Super Weekend for Nigerian Footballers in Europe.

Between Friday (May 12) and Saturday (May 13) we had...

✅️Gift Emmanuel Orban Hattrick for his 5th goal in 3 ECL Playoff games, his 14th league goal in 16 games and overall, his 19th goal in 19 games across all competitions.

✅️Taiwo Awoniyi Brace vs Chelsea (PL) for his 8th PL goal in 15 PL starts (25 games).

✅️Obiorah Nwankwo Goal in Portuguese Primeira Liga Bwin.

✅️Chidozie Awaziem Goal and Cleansheet in Croatia's 1.HNL.

✅️Abdulrahman Taiwo Brace in Slovak Fortuna Super Liga

✅️Anthony Ujah Goal in Bundesliga 2.

✅️*Ebere Eze Brace in the PL

✅️*Michael Olise Assist in the PL becoming Crystal Palace's first ever player to hit 10 EPL assists in a single season

✅️Akor Adams "last minute winner" Goal in the Norwegian Eliteserien for his 6th league goal in 6 games.

✅️Philip Azango Goal in the Slovak Fortuna Super Liga.

✅️Chinonso Emeka Goal in the Slovak Fortuna Super Liga.

✅️Rafiu Durosinmi Goal in the Czech Liga

✅️Dele Israel Goal in the Czech Liga.

NB: *Player yet to fully commit to Nigeria but is still eligible.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 1:34am On May 14, 2023
Papi85:
Simy didn’t make any mistake. He only signed for a team that were willing to have him

There is no way the likes of Lazio,atalanta and the rest will want him for him to reject them and move to newly promoted salernitana unless the they offered more money

Scoring 20 serie A goals was enough to earn him a move to inter, juve or even Milan

According to Gianluca Di Marzio, Lazio indicated interest in Simy. I'm guessing Crotone wanted more than what Lazio offered although I don't think there was any official bid. I personally think he also didn't want to play back up to Immobile.

Mallorca offered 3.5million euros but were rejected by Crotone.

Simy's major issue was his age and not lack of quality. As at the time he scored those goals, he was already 29 years old. No big club will be willing to spend huge money on a 29 year old striker except you've shown consistency over the years e.g Harry Kane.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:35am On May 14, 2023
Nigeria U17s named Fair Play Team of the Group Stage at U17 Afcon

Mere Consolation

#MDU17AfconDiaries

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:38am On May 14, 2023
Yahaya Lawali, #2 is only Nigerian lad named in the CAF Best XI of the Group Stage at the 2023 U17Afcon.

Mali dominate the XI with 3 players. Senegal has 2. Morocco has 2. Burkina Faso has 2.

#MDU17AfconDiaries

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:40am On May 14, 2023
Amara Diouf, #10 of Senegal (I call him the new Sadio Mane) is deservedly the best player of the Group Stage at the U17Afcon and Top Scorer too.

#MDU17AfconDiaries

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 1:54am On May 14, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
Awoniyi's post match interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNUbTDTD4qk

Education is very important. When Taiwo Awoniyi speaks I can sense the consistency of logic and thought that goes hand in hand with his calmness.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:22am On May 14, 2023
Read Barca was once interested. They may be back for him
Papi85:
don’t be surprised to see him in the epl next season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:29am On May 14, 2023
Assuming this was never posted here. Long read but worth it.

https://theathletic.com/4347031/2023/04/13/gift-orban-205-second-hat-trick/?amp=1

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:40am On May 14, 2023
I’m talking of keeping only two natural wingers to create room for performing forwards. The midfield talk we’ve always had it here. It’s left for JP/NFF to do the needful.

Modified
Wingers: Lookman and Chukwueze.
We have good wing backs to cover: Aina, Bassey, Osayi-Samuel

zicky:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lloydtruth: 6:03am On May 14, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel10: 6:29am On May 14, 2023
codemaniacs:

its not about tricks... Lukaku does it alot.. runs diagonally from the right into the box then scores and since he is tall and big he doesn't need tricks because it will be difficult to tackle him and push him off the ball, other players will fall down looking for the foul...

Boniface can play from the flanks on both wings, from the goals I just watched on Youtube he can operate on both wings..

put Osimhen on the right, put Boniface on the Left, then put Awoniyi in the center then Orban behind Awoniyi and you have a deadly attack.

We all know you are a self-declared tribalist and Yoruba supremacist.

Just continue. Which Boniface can operate from wings? The same Lukaku-ish Boniface I know? And you want Osimhen on the right too? Oh mai God.

All these tactical blunders just to create space for your tribesman😂😂

The funniest thing is, at present, even if Osimhen is moved to the wings by some mistake, Moffi is taking the CF role by default. Awoniyi would still start from the bench!

Nothing damages the human mind and logical thinking abilities like racism/tribalism.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:20am On May 14, 2023
codemaniacs:

its not about tricks... Lukaku does it alot.. runs diagonally from the right into the box then scores and since he is tall and big he doesn't need tricks because it will be difficult to tackle him and push him off the ball, other players will fall down looking for the foul...

Boniface can play from the flanks on both wings, from the goals I just watched on Youtube he can operate on both wings..

put Osimhen on the right, put Boniface on the Left, then put Awoniyi in the center then Orban behind Awoniyi and you have a deadly attack.
The big question can Peseiro handle Super eagles as expected?NO….Awoniyi starting with Osimehn can only be possible with highly tactical coach even Peseiro has not got it right with Osimehn/Moffi…my fear for eagles not the players but coach.

Good to have these players but left for the coaches to give us the best

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:48am On May 14, 2023
Curtisaxel10:

We all know you are a self-declared tribalist and Yoruba supremacist.

Just continue. Which Boniface can operate from wings? The same Lukaku-ish Boniface I know? And you want Osimhen on the right too? Oh mai God.

All these tactical blunders just to create space for your tribesman😂😂

The funniest thing is, at present, even if Osimhen is moved to the wings by some mistake, Moffi is taking the CF role by default. Awoniyi would still start from the bench!

Nothing damages the human mind and logical thinking abilities like racism/tribalism.
Sir according to Peseiro style Awoniyi can start with Osimehn cuz I have seen Moffi/Sadiq and Osimehn/Moffi meaning he preferred two CF in his starting line up so nothing stop Awoniyi starting with Osimehn in Peseiro formation but I love Osimehn as a lone man upfront and Awoniyi on the bench.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel10: 7:53am On May 14, 2023
Kog45:
Sir according to Peseiro style Awoniyi can start with Osimehn cuz I have seen Moffi/Sadiq and Osimehn/Moffi meaning he preferred two CF in his starting line up so nothing stop Awoniyi statting with Osimehn in Peseiro formation but I love Osimehn as a lone man upfront and Awoniyi on the bench.

I prefer a 4-3-3 so we can utilize Chukwueze.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:21am On May 14, 2023
codemaniacs:

Omo... grin grin grin
I'll just advise you to stick to watching football. Stop analysing abeg... wetin be this?
4 strikers? in the same lineup?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:20am On May 14, 2023
Curtisaxel10:

I prefer a 4-3-3 so we can utilize Chukwueze.
The issue is Peseiro Peseiro and I repeat it Peseiro.I said it here if care is not taken qualify for WC would be a dream….Do you see Chuckwueze and Lookman have it good in Peseiro style of playing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:59am On May 14, 2023
This chuks no be am

Your team scored 5 goals and as an attacker you couldn't even get a goal or assist

But I'm sure he show boated unnecessarily

Nonsense

This guy is all hype and no substance

I don't rate him at all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 10:33am On May 14, 2023
darkelf:
This chuks no be am

Your team scored 5 goals and as an attacker you couldn't even get a goal or assist

But I'm sure he show boated unnecessarily

Nonsense

This guy is all hype and no substance

I don't rate him at all

Why do you people talk like this?

Have you watched him week in and week out?

Did you even watch the game in question?

Do you know how the team deploys him?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:59am On May 14, 2023
lovewins:

Why do you people talk like this?
Have you watched him week in and week out?
Did you even watch the game in question?
Do you know how the team deploys him?
the better you get used to this the better for you ooh LOL

(1) (2) (3) ... (14569) (14570) (14571) (14572) (14573) (14574) (14575) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Odunayaw(m), Danielnino00(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.