Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14573) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11635897 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14570) (14571) (14572) (14573) (14574) (14575) (14576) ... (16139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 11:15am On May 14, 2023
codemaniacs:

Yes, plus he stays onside more than Osimhen...

Osimhen has the luck of playing for a top side..

between Wout Weghorst and Awoniyi who is the better player
oh now osimhen has luck? Wonderful!!!. LMAO

Weghorst (United) and awoniyi are average at best..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 11:21am On May 14, 2023
Papi85:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Awoniyi is good but no where close to osimhen’s class
I was surprised oh, almost thought he was talking about another awoniyi other than that of the SE

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 11:27am On May 14, 2023
Papi85:
osimhen doesn’t hv those tricks and turns to operate from the flanks. He has the pace but I seriously doubt he will be a hand full for the opposition’s defenders coming from the flanks

Just like playing lewandoski,lukaku,haaland and haller from the flanks. They won’t be effective at all

I will rather try Moffi,boniface and Orban frm the flanks instead of osimhen,awoniyi or sadiq

The last trio I mentioned are out and out number 9s who are very effective when played in their natural position
agreed 💯

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 11:29am On May 14, 2023
codemaniacs:

its not about tricks... Lukaku does it alot.. runs diagonally from the right into the box then scores and since he is tall and big he doesn't need tricks because it will be difficult to tackle him and push him off the ball, other players will fall down looking for the foul...

Boniface can play from the flanks on both wings, from the goals I just watched on Youtube he can operate on both wings..

put Osimhen on the right, put Boniface on the Left, then put Awoniyi in the center then Orban behind Awoniyi and you have a deadly attack.
after all these, who's going to feed them the ball from the midfield?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 11:30am On May 14, 2023
lbrichman2:

Na wa o
Who go come dey midfield?
😂😂😂 I co ask o .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 11:37am On May 14, 2023
codemaniacs:

That's the point...

unlike Osimhen.... Boniface, Awoniyi and Orban drop deep and track back to help the defense and midfield.. and they should be instructed to drop deep.. put Iwobi and Onyedika in Midfield or remove Orban and put Iwobi, Onyeka or Nwakali and Onyedika in midfield..

S.E already plays with a lean midfield and not scoring goals, so its better to put the strongest attack and see if they will score than to not invite them or put them on the bench..

S.E and Nigerian coaches have penchant for not inviting the best players or putting the best players on the bench...
this is not true, we fielded to many attackers in the game vs Tunisia's second team at the AFCOAN, and we still lost.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 11:46am On May 14, 2023
Curtisaxel10:

We all know you are a self-declared tribalist and Yoruba supremacist.

Just continue. Which Boniface can operate from wings? The same Lukaku-ish Boniface I know? And you want Osimhen on the right too? Oh mai God.

All these tactical blunders just to create space for your tribesman😂😂

The funniest thing is, at present, even if Osimhen is moved to the wings by some mistake, Moffi is taking the CF role by default. Awoniyi would still start from the bench!

Nothing damages the human mind and logical thinking abilities like racism/tribalism.

I was basing it on how big and tall Awoniyi looked on TV and how he wins duels...

So I checked Wikipedia for their height and
Awoniyi is not the tallest..

So you are right, I would pick Boniface as the CF, Moffi as the LF and Osimhen as the RF, Awoniyi as the player behind the striker or CAM.

They will not play the wings often, it's the full-backs that will play the wings and when the full backs has the ball they cross or pass it into the box where Boniface, Moffi, Osimhen , Awoniyi will be waiting for the cross.

A 4-2-3-1 formation will be good as long as the forward players know to drop deep.

As for the rest you are the tribalist and supremacist you don't go to other people's land and try to rule and subjugate them...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 11:48am On May 14, 2023
Emmy450:

Osimhen has age on his side
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 11:49am On May 14, 2023
Emmy450:

The midfielders and the full-backs.. then they can also feed and assist themselves.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 11:51am On May 14, 2023
Emmy450:
this is not true, we fielded to many attackers in the game vs Tunisia second team at the AFCOAN, and we still lost.

There was a red card in that game and S.E was desperately looking for an equalizer so they were playing desperately..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:00pm On May 14, 2023
Emmy450:
Peseiro is just the issue……Westerhoff against our expectations fielded Yekini,Siasia,Amokachie against Bulgaria with real wingers in Finidi and Amuneke with only Oliseh in the middle and Siasia dropping back….The ball is in Peseiro court to give us good team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 12:17pm On May 14, 2023
Ola Aina is back from injury and is on the bench for Torino

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 1:03pm On May 14, 2023
COOL10:

I've been thinking about this and I have come to the conclusion that Onuachu's agent must be very lazy and inefficient. In fact, the guy na cow.

Why did get him a move to Southampton of all places? Didn't he see mid table teams like Fulham and Brighton that specialize in a lot of dangerous crosses into the box?

Onuachu would have scored more goals playing as a back up striker to Mitrovic or even struggling for the number 9 spot with Welbeck/Ferguson in Brighton.

He scored lots of goals in Genk because he had the likes of Ito and Bongonda around him. These players knew how to cross the ball.

I can't even name any good Southampton winger/fullback but in Fulham, there's Willian. In Brighton, there's Mitoma, March, Gross. These players can guarantee you at least two good crosses each, per game.

If those teams don't want you, then stay in your Belgium or move to Spain/France.

That move to Southampton still dey vex me till today.

It was all about the money for Onuachu
I guess he was offered around 5 times his Gent salary or more
Man had to secure the bag, he's not getting younger after all

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 1:09pm On May 14, 2023
COOL10:

Simy made the same mistake, even worse.

I understand your point but as a striker, goals are your primary duty and that's why Man City did all they could to sign Haaland. You can do all the hold up and link up play in this world but at the end of the day, what people will remember you for are your goals because that is your primary duty. Assists come second.

Concerning Choupo, that was all part of the agent's plan. Terminate your contract with stoke, and I'll get you a free transfer move to PSG. From PSG, he got him a move to Bayern. Now that's how a smart agent works.

As a footballer, if you have an agent with great selling skills, you've solved half of your problems.

The bolded is true
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:16pm On May 14, 2023
COOL10:

I've been thinking about this and I have come to the conclusion that Onuachu's agent must be very lazy and inefficient. In fact, the guy na cow.

Why did get him a move to Southampton of all places? Didn't he see mid table teams like Fulham and Brighton that specialize in a lot of dangerous crosses into the box?

Onuachu would have scored more goals playing as a back up striker to Mitrovic or even struggling for the number 9 spot with Welbeck/Ferguson in Brighton.

He scored lots of goals in Genk because he had the likes of Ito and Bongonda around him. These players knew how to cross the ball.

I can't even name any good Southampton winger/fullback but in Fulham, there's Willian. In Brighton, there's Mitoma, March, Gross. These players can guarantee you at least two good crosses each, per game.

If those teams don't want you, then stay in your Belgium or move to Spain/France.

That move to Southampton still dey vex me till today.

Sir,Emma Ebiede and Kingsley Obiekwu played in Dutch league and at the end no money after they left the game.

Stephen Keshi and Samson Siasia spent years in Belgium but Dominic Iorfa moved from Belgium to EPL made him richer.I had talked with Siasia and he said he Paschal Patrick who went to Turkey after he almost finished his career made money than him.

Sir,playing in Belgium and Holland does not guarantee financial stability after retirement so Southampton good for Paul Onuachu.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 1:21pm On May 14, 2023
Victor Osimhen starts for Napoli against Monza

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 1:35pm On May 14, 2023
lbrichman2:

It was all about the money for Onuachu
I guess he was offered around 5 times his Gent salary or more
Man had to secure the bag, he's not getting younger after all

Well it's possible sha. I just checked and saw that he's earning about £30,000 per week at Southampton. At a black market rate of #930, that means he's currently earning #27,900,000 per week grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 1:37pm On May 14, 2023
Kog45:
Sir,Emma Ebiede and Kingsley Obiekwu played in Dutch league and at the end no money after they left the game.

Stephen Keshi and Samson Siasia spent years in Belgium but Dominic Iorfa moved from Belgium to EPL made him richer.I had talked with Siasia and he said he Paschal Patrick who went to Turkey after he almost finished his career made money than him.

Sir,playing in Belgium and Holland does not guarantee financial stability after retirement so Southampton good for Paul Onuachu.

You're right. I totally understand if he made that decision because of money, especially at his current age.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:44pm On May 14, 2023
Emmy450:

Awoniyi is a better player than wareyghost

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:20pm On May 14, 2023
andrew444:
Awoniyi is a better player than wareyghost

Which one is wareyghost again biko
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 14, 2023
do4luv14:

Which one is wareyghost again biko

😂😂 Ghost wey dey craze!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:53pm On May 14, 2023
ChrisKels:

Chuba Akpom grin

And where in my post did you read that Soton will be back after a season? Where also did you read that being a goal king translates to getting your team promoted? Kane is one of the goal Kings of the epl this season, does that make Tottenham qualify for the Champions league?

Let me quote your verbatim.

Onuachu might just end up as the goal king in the championship next season

What does this imply ❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:55pm On May 14, 2023
Joebie:
I see no reason why Osimhen can’t play from the right considering Mbappe often plays from the left, the problem is we need a striker with a very high conversion rate, as lethal as Osimhen if Victor operates from the right.

He doesn't have the technical skills required to play from the wing.

It's like asking Kane or Haaland to play wing .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 3:00pm On May 14, 2023
COOL10:

Well it's possible sha. I just checked and saw that he's earning about £30,000 per week at Southampton. At a black market rate of #930, that means he's currently earning #27,900,000 per week grin

You Sabi how e go
30k pounds a week for a Nigerian?
Who no go fly?
And I think he signed a 5 year deal
So dude should be fine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:24pm On May 14, 2023
komekn:

Let me quote your verbatim.

Onuachu might just end up as the goal king in the championship next season

What does this imply ❓

Are you done making your research on Chuba Akpom? You goofed once again, innit? 🤣😂

What is the function of the word "might" in the sentence you quoted?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 3:25pm On May 14, 2023
lbrichman2:

You Sabi how e go
30k pounds a week for a Nigerian?
Who no go fly?
And I think he signed a 5 year deal
So dude should be fine

Omo see money.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:33pm On May 14, 2023
Andrea Petagna (Osimhen's backup from last season) celebrating 3 times after scoring vs Napoli since he's no part of the Napoli 3rd Scudetto Title Party. 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel10: 3:46pm On May 14, 2023
codemaniacs:

I was basing it on how big and tall Awoniyi looked on TV and how he wins duels...

So you are right, I would pick Boniface as the CF, Moffi as the LF and Osimhen as the RF, Awoniyi as the player behind the striker or CAM.

They will not play the wings often, it's the full-backs that will play the wings and when the full backs has the ball they cross or pass it into the box where Boniface, Moffi, Osimhen , Awoniyi will be waiting for the cross.

A 4-2-3-1 formation will be good as long as the forward players know to drop deep.

As for the rest you are the tribalist and supremacist you don't go to other people's land and try to rule and subjugate them...

Just for your tribesman to play, you are ready to needlessly convert two good CFs to wingers when we have Chukwueze and Lookman. And you are willing to play Awoniyi in a strange SS position.

Just for your tribesman to play🙂.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 3:56pm On May 14, 2023
Osihmen golden boot dey ground na. Match don finish bobo no score.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:04pm On May 14, 2023
codemaniacs:

Yes, plus he stays onside more than Osimhen...

Osimhen has the luck of playing for a top side..

between Wout Weghorst and Awoniyi who is the better player

I won't call it luck..... Awoniyi could have stayed with Union Berlin for one more season and be part of this good season they are having..that could have earned him a move to a better team .. Osimhen played in the Belgian league as Awoniyi and clearly outperformed him ...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Setaleonoz(m): 4:12pm On May 14, 2023
Bossman5:
What's happening to chukwueze

NEPA lipsrsealed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:16pm On May 14, 2023
codemaniacs:

This is "cross and Inshallah" tactics you're talking about... overload your attack with 4 strikers and count on your fullbacks to deliver crosses into the box... You didn't even put into consideration that we don't have fullbacks that can deliver accurate crosses like that. You want to overwork the midfield? You want to play Awoniyi in CAM? Which ball playing ability does Awoniyi have?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14570) (14571) (14572) (14573) (14574) (14575) (14576) ... (16139) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.