Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14575) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11786482 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14572) (14573) (14574) (14575) (14576) (14577) (14578) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:43pm On May 14, 2023
Well, well, well... An Equaliser comes for Burkina Faso on 83 mins.

Senegal finally concedes at this tournament.

Senegal 1-1 Burkina Faso.

It would go straight to Penalties if it stays like this.

#MDU17AfconDiaries

TheSuperNerd:
Senegal up 1-0 as expected vs Burkina Faso in the 1st Semifinal of the U17 Afcon.

23 mins played.

#MDU17AfconDiaries

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 6:45pm On May 14, 2023
Babatunde Akinsola (a winger) on the bench for real Valladolid. Match going on now

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 6:45pm On May 14, 2023
Gift Orban is another samuel Kalu waiting to happen

remember the bordeaux guy.. that's what happens when you age cheat in soccer

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 6:49pm On May 14, 2023
lovewins:

Why do you people talk like this?

Have you watched him week in and week out?

Did you even watch the game in question?

Do you know how the team deploys him?

I don't care

He didn't score or assist. That's the fact. Why una like to dey defend mediocrity?

Oga, is he a defender or a dmf? Npo be the same wings him play?

Which yeye excuse do you want to come up with?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:57pm On May 14, 2023
Victor Boniface wins a penalty which was eventually converted by teammate, Teddy Teuma to put Royal Union St.Gilloise 2-0 up vs Genk.

Collins Sor and Tolu Arokodare are also in action. They came off the bench.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:03pm On May 14, 2023
Kelechi Nwakali, the game changer. Bags assist.

Comes off the bench on 68mins around the same time Huesca took the lead. 7 mins later on 75mins, Nwakali provides an assist to draw Ponferradina level.

Huesca 1-1 Ponferradina. 77 mins played.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:06pm On May 14, 2023
Papi85:
nawa for una ooooo. As a debutant in the epl coupled with injuries that kept him out for a period of time he has done pretty well

Union is flying in the bundesliga but him leaving the German side to me is no mistake. Playing in the epl hv improved he’s game a lot coupled with the bigger pay check he gets every week unlike when he was in Germany 🇩🇪

Money reigns over everything bro!!!

I never called it a mistake.. the guy said Osimhen is playing for a bigger team than Awoniyi because of luck which isn't true... Awoniyi had a headstart in bis career compared to Osimhen.. From Union Berlin,he could have joined a better team... Forest aren't a team that will last long in the league... If Osimhen makes the leap to a bigger team from Napoli now, we won't call it luck.. he could have joined a mid table premier league team from Charleoi or Lille like Awo did, but he obviously planned his move better...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:20pm On May 14, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Well, well, well... An Equaliser comes for Burkina Faso on 83 mins.

Senegal finally concedes at this tournament.

Senegal 1-1 Burkina Faso.

It would go straight to Penalties if it stays like this.

#MDU17AfconDiaries

1st Semis done.

Senegal overcomes Burkina Faso 5-4 on penalties after 1-1 to advance to the Final of the U17Afcon.

Next up is Mali vs Morocco.

#MDU17AfconDiaries

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:20pm On May 14, 2023
Danielnino00:

I never called it a mistake.. the guy said Osimhen is playing for a bigger team than Awoniyi because of luck which isn't true... Awoniyi had a headstart in bis career compared to Osimhen.. From Union Berlin,he could have joined a better team... Forest aren't a team that will last long in the league... If Osimhen makes the leap to a bigger team from Napoli now, we won't call it luck.. he could have joined a mid table premier league team from Charleoi or Lille like Awo did, but he obviously planned his move better...
In football you cannot predict.Awoniyi in Union Berlin this season might not be in his best and do you want to hear koko…Awoniyi is even ready for championship teams cuz of his very young family.He stayed in Germany while his family reside in UK.Nottingham Forest gave him the opportunity to join his family fully and to complete his education.These players are like us who thinks on every moves.The aftermath of football career meant a lot to these guys and some of them are wiser now by having education cuz they are really impressed with Mike Emenalo and of recent Seyi Olofinjana who are doing well after their careers.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 7:23pm On May 14, 2023
19 year ol Nigerian winger Babatunde Akinsola made his debut for real Valladolid today. A product of valiant FC in Nigeria.
Watch out for him

Philosopher1979:
Babatunde Akinsola (a winger) on the bench for real Valladolid. Match going on now

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 7:32pm On May 14, 2023
do4luv14:
Una don see Arsenal now chaii,

Seems the bullets had finished from the Gunners
I knew they won’t win the league so am not surprised one bit 🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:32pm On May 14, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Transfer News: Tunde Akinsola signs for Real Valladolid

19y/o RW, Babatunde Jimoh Akinsola (2003-born) signs for Real Valladolid and will begin his journey from Valladolid B team.

A product of Valiant FC of Lagos. Lad is strongly ambipedal.

Was only a matter of time ⏳️⌚️

Philosopher1979:
19 year ol Nigerian winger Babatunde Akinsola made his debut for real Valladolid today. A product of valiant FC in Nigeria.
Watch out for him

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 7:42pm On May 14, 2023
David okereke starts for cremonese against juve

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 7:43pm On May 14, 2023
Philosopher1979:
Watch out for him

I wish he is a midfielder. We get forwards plenty

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 7:45pm On May 14, 2023
Danielnino00:

no epl team showed interest in osimhen when he was at charleroi. He only attracted man united after having a stellar season at lille but preferred a move to Napoli

Like someone replied you earlier, awoniyi had he’s reasons for moving to the epl and to me the 3 major reasons were to be with he’s young family, studies and money.

At Union I doubt he earned close to 20k euros weekly and believe he earns almost double or even more currently at Forrest. Also this players are wise now unlike ex internationals that merely had something tangible to fall back on after retirement.

Football career is short and the major reason why many footballers are diverting into earning certification to enable them hv a career in football, business or corporate world after their retirement. Emenalo and olofinjana are 2 good examples.

Even if Forrest drops to the championship awo will be comfortable and better positioned to achieve he’s main reason of swapping Germany for England

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:47pm On May 14, 2023
Papi85:
David okereke starts for cremonese against juve
I hope Okereke remains in seria A or secure a move to any of top five leagues.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:52pm On May 14, 2023
Papi85:
I wish he is a midfielder. We get forwards plenty
Wetin Dey do Eze and Olise with them in the team we can build things up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 7:55pm On May 14, 2023
Kog45:
Wetin Dey do Eze and Olise with them in the team we can build things up.
Eze may happen soon but I doubt olise will rescind he’s decision playing for France

He is tipped for a move to PSG in the summer and if that happens and he performs in Paris it will be much easier to attract the French national team handlers to give him a shot in the snr national team

Also he is highly thought of in France currently

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 7:56pm On May 14, 2023
Kog45:
I hope Okereke remains in seria A or secure a move to any of top five leagues.
if cremonese gets relegated I believe he has done enough to attract a move to mid table serie A clubs or in leagues in France and Germany
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:03pm On May 14, 2023
Papi85:
no epl team showed interest in osimhen when he was at charleroi. He only attracted man united after having a stellar season at lille but preferred a move to Napoli

Like someone replied you earlier, awoniyi had he’s reasons for moving to the epl and to me the 3 major reasons were to be with he’s young family, study and money.

At Union I doubt he earned close to 20k euros weekly and believe he earns almost double or even more currently at Forrest. Also this players are wise now unlike ex internationals that merely had something tangible to fall back on after retirement.

Football career is short and the major reason why many footballers are diverting into earning certification to enable them hv a career in football, business or corporate world after their retirement. Emenalo and olofinjana are 2 good examples.

Even if Forrest drops to the championship awo will be comfortable and better positioned to achieve he’s main reason of swapping Germany for England
Education is the key.Imagine Emenalo with no tangible career except gate crashed World Cup appearance is doing well than many of our ex internationals.Seyi Olofinjana with his very average career is really doing well.Oh I missed late Uche Okafor who would have been doing well too.I remembered seeing him working with ESPN.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 8:39pm On May 14, 2023
Kog45:
Education is the key.Imagine Emenalo with no tangible career except gate crashed World Cup appearance is doing well than many of our ex internationals.Seyi Olofinjana with his very average career is really doing well.Oh I missed late Uche Okafor who would have been doing well too.I remembered seeing him working with ESPN.
even ex man united and Chelsea player now with galatasaray Juan Mata obtained a degree in law or something else while playing at united. Ndidi is now a graduate at leicester with other players I can’t remember now

Life after football isn’t easy and due to bad financial management and investments many blew the fortune they made during their playing days which i believe hv taught this generation of footballers a huge lesson

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:45pm On May 14, 2023
Joebie:
Ponferradina making a mistake not starting Nwakali against Huesca. Make d boy teach them something.

Why 😲

There has been a never ending narrative here that's founded on misplaced fantasy.

That Nwakali is the best player in Ponferradina FC a team and he is doing incredible things in this poor quality league.

When a team is fighting for survival and is near bankrupt they are desperate. They will absolutely START the best players they have.

All the teaching he has been doing and they have remained in the relegation from the start of the season. 40 game's played and only 8 wins it's very poor.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 9:00pm On May 14, 2023
komekn:

Why 😲

There has been a never ending narrative here that's founded on misplaced fantasy.

That Nwakali is the best player in Ponferradina FC a team and he is doing incredible things in this poor quality league.

When a team is fighting for survival and is near bankrupt they are desperate. They will absolutely START the best players they have.

All the teaching he has been doing and they have remained in the relegation from the start of the season. 40 game's played and only 8 wins it's very poor.
LE MA OOO 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:50pm On May 14, 2023
Second Semi Finals of the U17 Afcon.

Mali 0-0 Morocco 90mins are up. Into the 6 mins of added time. If it stays like this, next up is Penalties.

The Moroccans have been so mostly defensive and in park-bus mode depending only on counters.

Mali have hit the post/bar twice from freekicks. Morocco have hit the cross bar once.

#MDU17AfconDiaries

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:52pm On May 14, 2023
Nwakali is top 5 in the league and u dey argue Ponferradina. Nwakali at this point is negotiating his next move. The club must start to plan for life without him in the third tier haha

Modified
He don too try for them. Came off the bench to give them an assist
komekn:

Why 😲

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:54pm On May 14, 2023
And Congrats to the Barcelona Fans in the house.

You are 22/23 La Liga Champions. 🥇🏆🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

P.S: The way Barca players take run into the tunnel as Espanyol fans invaded the pitch will have you in laughs. Lol

Winning the League title at the home ground of your local rivals. They won't like it at all. But it is what it is.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 9:59pm On May 14, 2023
Joebie:
Nwakali is top 5 in the league and u dey argue Ponferradina. Nwakali at this point is negotiating his next move. The club must start to plan for life without him in the third tier haha

Modified
He don too try for them. Came off the bench to give them an assist
which club dey negotiate with am? Mk em be top flight team abeg ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:00pm On May 14, 2023
FT Mali 0-0 Morocco.

Like the first Semis which ended 1-1, we would again have Penalty shootout.

#MDU17AfconDiaries

TheSuperNerd:
Second Semi Finals of the U17 Afcon.

Mali 0-0 Morocco 90mins are up. Into the 6 mins of added time. If it stays like this, next up is Penalties.

The Moroccans have been so mostly defensive and in park-bus mode depending only on counters.

Mali have hit the post/bar twice from freekicks. Morocco have hit the cross bar once.

#MDU17AfconDiaries

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:08pm On May 14, 2023
Hehehehe... We will likely have Mali vs Senegal final as I hoped

Just score this penalty, Mali plsss

#MDU17AfconDiaries

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:09pm On May 14, 2023
This boy miss am ooo. Well, still advantage Mali. Morocco has missed 2. This is Mali's first miss.

TheSuperNerd:
Hehehehe... We will likely have Mali vs Senegal final as I hoped

Just score this penalty, Mali plsss

#MDU17AfconDiaries

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:11pm On May 14, 2023
Omo... Wahala dey ooo. Mali's best player, #8 Ibrahim Diarra also misses.

Morocco scores this and they will be level with Mali in the shootout

TheSuperNerd:
This boy miss am ooo. Well, still advantage Mali. Morocco has missed 2. This is Mali's first miss.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:16pm On May 14, 2023
Damn... this Moroccan GK definitely has Emilia-Romagna Martinez as his role model. Kid has been showing some mind games in the shootout.

#MDU17AfconDiaries

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14572) (14573) (14574) (14575) (14576) (14577) (14578) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.