Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,082 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1469) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11777795 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1466) (1467) (1468) (1469) (1470) (1471) (1472) ... (16192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 5:28pm On Sep 08, 2017
Well we Nigerians want to see Oyibo do something first before we know it works. That's why we will always be behind them. Nothing wrong trying to cap all of them against Algeria.

Icon79:
I knew this is bound to happen, that why I was lambasting that Nigerian born BBC reporter on twitter yesterday. This dude interviewed Amaju Pinnick, then went and blasted the whole plans on BBC website and on twitter. So I really gave it to him yesterday. Some of us are not politically savvy at all.

O pari

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:31pm On Sep 08, 2017
adegwurulez:

We barely have a year to the mundial, any coach that doesn't already have 75% of his team has no business in the world Cup. Our main focus now should be team blending and cohesiveness. The areas we need reinforcements are just few. The LB position, A creative midfielder and a winger. I don't think there is anything Martins can bring to the table that Iheanacho, ighalo, kayode, (in all likelihood, these are the three point men we're going to the world Cup with) can't bring.

I'd rather we spend that time trying to get tammy Abraham. If not, a LB, a creative midfielder, a winger(if bazee comes good he'll be a great addition), with 1-2 months extensive training camp and quality friendly games, then we'll be ready for the world Cup.

Correct!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 5:35pm On Sep 08, 2017
That would definitely be a good idea, because I know that England would try to cap him once they qualify. I have watched the boy play a few times and he's a real talent. We definitely need him.

Problem is, even if he agrees to switch, the NFF might not be able to secure his clearance before England caps him. It took them months to get Aina cleared, even after Rohr had told them that Aina is critical to his plans.

O pari

libero808:
Well we Nigerians want to see Oyibo do something first before we know it works. That's why we will always be behind them. Nothing wrong trying to cap all of them against Algeria.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 5:38pm On Sep 08, 2017
Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham must weigh depth, potential in Nigeria offer
by Kevin Peacock8 hours agoFollow @techlec2000

https://theprideoflondon.com/2017/09/08/tammy-abraham-nigeria-england-chelsea/

Tammy Abraham is embarking on his first season in the Premier League, but a major career decision lies ahead. Nigeria hope he will play for the Super Eagles in international competition instead of the Three Lions.

Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham is on a season-long loan at Swansea City, and is being targeted by the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) as a potential new recruit. The London-born striker has played for England up to the U-21’s, but would qualify to play for Nigeria through his father.

NFF president Amaju Pinnick, who grew up with Abraham’s father in Nigeria, is hoping that their friendship will help seal the deal for the 19-year old’s international footballing services. As Abraham has not yet appeared at senior level, the door is still open for him to swap allegiances.

We are working on getting Abraham. Tammy is like my son, his father and I grew up in the same neighbourhood. – BBC
This is not the first time the NFF have approached Abraham and his dad. The Federation spoke to them in July 2016 to sound them out on the prospect. At the time, father and son felt the youngster’s focus should be with England. Nigeria’s UK chief David Doherty said of the meeting:

We spoke to his dad, met with him and his dad. The chances are that in future he could play for Nigeria if England Three Lions is not certain. But for now he is in tune with England, the option is open. – All Nigeria Soccer
Abraham has a big decision to make. Should he chose Nigeria over England, he would not be the first Chelsea player to make the swap. Nigeria have a record of success when it comes to claiming potential England stars for their own. Victor Moses and more recently Ola Aina have both made the switch. Abraham will need to consider several options before making up his mind.

His first consideration should be how likely he is to play. The Super Eagles’ current strikers include Kelechi Iheanacho and Ahmed Musa, both of Leicester City. Musa is the more experienced of the two, having played 62 games and scored 13 goals. Iheanacho, who has a much better goal-to-game ratio, is the future. He has played only 11 games, scoring six goals.

RELATED STORY: Chelsea's top six all-time best players from Africa
Domestically, Abraham is getting Premier League game time on loan under the stewardship of former Chelsea coach Paul Clement. Musa and Iheanacho are behind Jamie Vardy and Shinji Okazaki in the pecking order at Leicester and struggling for game time.

Should he chose to switch, with the experience that he is currently gaining Abraham would be able to command a place in Nigeria’s starting XI. Next, he has to think about how likely he is to get into the England team. There is no question he would make the squad, but would he be anything more than a bench-warmer?

England’s incumbents are Harry Kane, Jamie Vardy, Daniel Sturridge, Danny Welbeck and Abraham’s nearest rival in terms of age, Marcus Rashford. Abraham would challenge to replace an aging Vardy and the injury prone Sturridge and Welbeck. He may, however, struggle to oust Kane and Rashford right now. In time, if he continues on his current trajectory, he has every chance of making an impact in a team that has struggled to achieve anything in recent years.

The last consideration comes down to silverware. Either option gives him the opportunity of a major trophy every two years. He would compete in the World Cup with either of the two, the Euros with England or the African Cup of Nations with Nigeria. His chances of picking up a trophy with England are at best slim. With Nigeria, the AFCON is almost a certainty at some point. As for the World Cup, neither side has come that close to winning the trophy recently.

NFF President Amaju Pinnick thinks his country are in the ascendancy, though.

You take a first look at the [Nigeria] team and you see players like William Ekong, Wilfred Ndidi, Leon Balogun, Iwobi, Chidozie Awaziem, Tyronne Ebuehi, Kelechi Iheanacho and now we have Aina as well. I believe we are so blessed and that this team will cause a big stir in Russia, and if not in Russia, in Qatar in five years’ time. – BBC
NEXT: Chelsea voted in a world of uncertainty with Premier League deadline shift
Whether Abraham earns that level of positivity from anyone in the England set-up remains to be seen. Wherever he ends up playing, that country will have a player who has scored goals at every level he has played.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 5:40pm On Sep 08, 2017
We just need to get him to say yes, and bring him to the SE family whether he is capped or not. It will be hard for him to make a U-turn by then.

Icon79:
That would definitely be a good idea, because I know that England would try to cap him once they qualify. I have watched the boy play a few times and he's a real talent. We definitely need him.

Problem is, even if he agrees to switch, the NFF might not be able to secure his clearance before England caps him. It took them months to get Aina cleared, even after Rohr had told them that Aina is critical to his plans.

O pari

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 5:49pm On Sep 08, 2017
Well, I don't know him personally so I ain't going to disagree with you. However, if he's like most of the others then better believe that he won't bat an eye to make a U-turn once the 3 Lions comes calling. As an EPL player, being an English international would dramatically increase your value.

But good suggestion tho. If the NFF folks are smart, they would invite him to our next match against Zambia .... just like they did with Ola Aina.

O pari

libero808:
We just need to get him to say yes, and bring him to the SE family whether he is capped or not. It will be hard for him to make a U-turn by then.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:53pm On Sep 08, 2017
Chrismario:

I was reading through until I see this.

grin saying that Ndidi is better than busquet sounds ridiculous. Not ear friendly at all.
Look my man,it sound funny comparing d two,something led to it.It seems am not talking as a football analyst but as a patriotic Nigerian.I hate it when we try to ridicule our own especially d present Super Eagles despite their superlatives performance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:30pm On Sep 08, 2017
Now I understand that this is "genetic".... like dad like son... hmm.....

HISTORY: How Ref. Joseph Lamptey’s father was involved in a world cup qualifier replay 24-years ago

World football has been shocked following Fifa’s decision to order for the replay of the World Cup qualifier between South Africa and Senegal after finding out that Ghanaian referee Joseph Lamptey manipulated the results.

Let me share this football history with you…

The image attached to this story is that of Late Major George Lamptey, one of Ghana’s top referees in the 1970’s to 1995. Major George Lamptey was the father of banned Ghanaian referee Joseph Lamptey.

In 1974, the late Major Lamptey officiated a World Cup qualifier between Zaire and Morroco. After the game, he was in a similar fashion, accused by Morroco of robbing them for Zaire (now DR Congo).

The Morrocan FA officials and media claimed that Major Lamptey slept at the palace of then millionaire Zaire president Mobutu Sese Sekou a night before the game. Morroco therefore insinuated that, the referee was financially influenced to rob for Zaire. The results ensured that Ziare qualified to the 1974 World Cup.

Also, Major Lamptey was in charge of the tensioned-packed World Cup qualifier between Egypt and Zimbabwe in Cairo in 1993. The game was abandoned, Zimbabwe protested of poor officiating. Guess what happened next? FIFA ordered for a replay of that game at a neutral venue in Lyon France.

43 years after that controversial Zaire vs Morroco World Cup qualifier, and 24 years after FIFA’s order of the replay of the Egypt vs Zimbabwe World Cup qualifier he commissioned, his son has repeated same record.

Interesting coincidence?

Source: http://sportsobama.com/history-ref-joseph-lampeys-father-involved-world-cup-qualifier-replay-24-years-ago/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:30pm On Sep 08, 2017
Musa Muhammad on loan to Bulgarian club Lokomotiv Plodiv. From Bosnia to Bulgaria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:14pm On Sep 08, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Now I understand that this is "genetic".... like dad like son... hmm.....

HISTORY: How Ref. Joseph Lamptey’s father was involved in a world cup qualifier replay 24-years ago

World football has been shocked following Fifa’s decision to order for the replay of the World Cup qualifier between South Africa and Senegal after finding out that Ghanaian referee Joseph Lamptey manipulated the results.

Let me share this football history with you…

The image attached to this story is that of Late Major George Lamptey, one of Ghana’s top referees in the 1970’s to 1995. Major George Lamptey was the father of banned Ghanaian referee Joseph Lamptey.

In 1974, the late Major Lamptey officiated a World Cup qualifier between Zaire and Morroco. After the game, he was in a similar fashion, accused by Morroco of robbing them for Zaire (now DR Congo).

The Morrocan FA officials and media claimed that Major Lamptey slept at the palace of then millionaire Zaire president Mobutu Sese Sekou a night before the game. Morroco therefore insinuated that, the referee was financially influenced to rob for Zaire. The results ensured that Ziare qualified to the 1974 World Cup.

Also, Major Lamptey was in charge of the tensioned-packed World Cup qualifier between Egypt and Zimbabwe in Cairo in 1993. The game was abandoned, Zimbabwe protested of poor officiating. Guess what happened next? FIFA ordered for a replay of that game at a neutral venue in Lyon France.

43 years after that controversial Zaire vs Morroco World Cup qualifier, and 24 years after FIFA’s order of the replay of the Egypt vs Zimbabwe World Cup qualifier he commissioned, his son has repeated same record.

Interesting coincidence?

Source: http://sportsobama.com/history-ref-joseph-lampeys-father-involved-world-cup-qualifier-replay-24-years-ago/

Its indeed in the gene grin grin
Make our own referee no disgrace us like this o .abegi grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LagosEconomist: 7:22pm On Sep 08, 2017
Nwolokor, Uzoho, Femi Thomas, Ezenwa and Alampasu should be the 5 keepers tested to fight for the slots if Ikeme and Enyeama are not available.

Thomas has been the best keeper in Nigeria over the last 5 years. He followed Khadiri Ikhana to Kano pillars and has been out of the loop since Ikhana left pillars. He was also ahead of Ezenwa in the U-20's and has had a better career domestically (mostly with Enyimba until he followed his coach to Pillars, which did not work out).

Uzoho and Nwolokor are young keepers in Europe, who have made better progress than Alampasu.

TheSuperNerd:
Ezenwa is good but I won't lie to you... He is not world class material. But yes he is good and one of the very best (if not the very best) we have in the local scene.
And hey guess what? I rate the uncapped Alampasu ahead of Ezenwa. I believe Alampasu will be a long term mainstay in the Super Eagles with time and if and when he gets the chance to man goal... I believe Rohr will find it difficult ignoring Alampasu for long too.... and we will have another strong headache in Goalies selection... wink

Meanwhile, Vincent is on his way back... more recently updated clips from his twitter account shows he has made remarkable recovery from his right knee injury... he is still involved in Light one-on-one training with a Goalie coach and Physio too... but eventually, Enyeama will make a comeback but first he needs to find a club and get his match fitness levels up.

Finally Carl... all I can say is keep praying for Carl. Right now he stands no chance of making it before the mundial... a miracle is possible but as things stand.. nope... no miracles in sight. Carl is out of the picture for now... he has to fully concentrate on his therapies and steps to recovery from this cancer before he can settle down and know if he can return to the Beautiful game or not coz his condition is really serious.... but I am optimistic he will recover and live a little longer. But to return to Football? That is kinda hanging... so just #prayforCarl

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:29pm On Sep 08, 2017
Icon79:

O pari

the loquacious FA president...just don't know how to keep things secret...
all over the English press it is all over...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:47pm On Sep 08, 2017
In other news, Afrobasket begins today.

Nigeria takes on CIV by 8:30 PM today. Best of luck to them

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:54pm On Sep 08, 2017
Aina starts for Hull.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 7:58pm On Sep 08, 2017
Onyekuru scored for Anderlecht in the third minute against Lokeren

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by adegwurulez(m): 8:14pm On Sep 08, 2017
oloriooko:
Nice one. This will sure serve as a confidence Booster.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bossto(m): 8:15pm On Sep 08, 2017
Good to be here!!!...... .
. . .
. . . #TGIF

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 8:16pm On Sep 08, 2017
BascoVanVeli:
LMC, NTA sign broadcast production agreement
Published on Friday, 08 September 2017 10:32 Hits: 583

A broadcast production agreement was on Thursday in Abuja signed by the League Management Company (LMC) and the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) for production of matches of the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL).

The papers were signed by the LMC Chairman Shehu Dikko and Mallam Yakubu Ibn Muhammed, the Director General of NTA.

An official statement jointly signed by the heads of the two organizations indicate that the LMC and NTA would be setting up a private sector driven company to manage the business of the broadcast production.

According to the statement, “the company which shall be operated as a private, commercial venture will leverage its operations on the huge infrastructure, technical and human capacity and equipment of NTA spread across the country. The equipment includes very high grade eight Outside Broadcast (OB) Vans specially designed for football and sports coverage, which had been acquired by the Federal Government at huge cost.”

It marks a new vista in the management of broadcast content in the annals of professional football league in the country as hitherto; broadcast right holders have also produced the games. However, in the new dispensation, the LMC treading the path of some European football leagues such as the English Premier League and Spanish LaLiga, is aiming to control the production and distribution of broadcast content across all media including live streaming, terrestrial and cable platforms.

This landmark venture has been facilitated and strongly supported by the Federal Government of Nigeria represented by the Honourable Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed. It is a culmination of strategic engagement initiated by LMC officials with the Minister of Information and Culture seeking to deploy the vast equipment procured by the Federal Government on behalf of NTA for past FIFA tournaments hosted by Nigeria. NTA also enjoys a robust network spread in the country with stations in every state capital and which the LMC hopes to leverage on to take the NPFL to the homes of millions of Nigerians in cities and rural communities.

Dikko, at the ceremony, explained that LMC will towards meeting modern broadcast standards, assist NTA to upgrade the OB Van equipment to ensure that contents produced will be globally competitive.

“The operation of the company, as envisaged will rely on the services of international technical partners and domestic expertise to provide the much needed vehicle for the production of high quality programmes and events for broadcast in the sports and entertainment industries. This model is in keeping with proven international best practices in sports content production, distribution and broadcast,” the two organizations declared in their joint statement.

Continuing, they gave an assurance that “as from next season of the NPFL, Nigerians are, therefore, assured of the enjoyment of high quality football matches to be produced by the independent media services company for distribution, sales and broadcast across all media platforms on a domestic and global basis.

Dikko noted that the production company will serve national objectives as it is not be restricted to just football or sports production but such other industries like entertainment and cultural, political and business events in general.

“All over the world, countries develop because they have a standard production broadcast company with capacity to serve not just the sporting industry but also the entertainment industry. We are delighted that the Federal Government, through the Ministry of Information, has backed this project and we look further to other fantastic partnerships,” the LMC Chairman concluded.

"For us, this is just another step for NTA to stamp its authority as the biggest broadcast network in Africa. We have the widest reach and sports, especially football is a big industry, and we are happy to be in partnership with the LMC and NFF,” Muhammed said.

Also in attendance at the event which held inside the Conference Hall of NTA were the General Secretary of the NFF, Dr Sanusi Mohammed, Director-General of the NTA, Chief Operating Officer of the LMC, Mallam Salihu Abubakar, Samson Ebomhe, Legal Adviser to LMC and other top management staff of the NTA.

http://npfl.ng/index.php/news-features/lmc-news-updates/2461-lmc-nta-sign-broadcast-production-agreement

Bad market....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 8:16pm On Sep 08, 2017
[Ik Uche. World cup Which of the world cups? Uche Kalu was in SA 2010, dont think IK tasted world cup. For real IK was good in SE colours. Keshi included him in 2013 Afcon as he was returning from injury. He fluffed his lines and was thrown away immediately, was never given a chance in the Confed or the world cup.

quote author=adegwurulez post=60257913]
Don't be too mechanical, my friend.

National team football is much more than just statistics, other factors come into play. Granted, Martins may have some impressive stats but still might not be suited for this team.

Ikechukwu uche also raked some impressive stats at villareal, leading to calls for his inclusion to the world Cup. Keshi heeded those calls and took uche to the world Cup but uche couldn't add anything to the team, Infact Ideye would have been a better pick.

If we were to rely solely on stats, our attack to the world Cup will be filled with players like onuachu, Bonaventure etc not even martins[/quote]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 8:27pm On Sep 08, 2017
as a Support Striker

oloriooko:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 8:28pm On Sep 08, 2017
Hull already down by 3 goals to nil versus Derby County

tbaba1234:
Aina starts for Hull.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 8:37pm On Sep 08, 2017
Icon79:
I knew this is bound to happen, that why I was lambasting that Nigerian born BBC reporter on twitter yesterday. This dude interviewed Amaju Pinnick, then went and blasted the whole plans on BBC website and on twitter. So I really gave it to him yesterday. Some of us are not politically savvy at all.

O pari

blame the FA chairman
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 8:38pm On Sep 08, 2017
NIGERIA FA: THERE WILL BE NO ROOM FOR ERROR AGAINST ZAMBIA

http://africanfootball.com//news/727166/Nigeria-FA-There-will-be-no-room-for-error-against-Zambia

Nigeria FA: There will be no room for error against Zambia
Mikel speaks to Nigerian vice-President Yemi Osinbajo (second left) on behalf of Super Eagles
by Austin Ditlhobolo
Friday Sep 08, 2017. 16:00
The Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) will inspect the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium ahead of the next 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier.

This was confirmed by NFF president Amaju Pinnick, who was speaking to the federation's official website following Nigeria's return leg clash with Cameroon.

The Super Eagles collected four points from their recent back to back clashes with the Indomitable Lions and they remained at the top of Group B standings with 10 points.

“Even before the conclusion of this second match against Cameroon in Yaounde, we had started the arrangements for the match against Zambia," Pinnick said.

"The Chairman of Organizing Committee (NFF 1st VP, Barrister Seyi Akinwunmi) will travel to Uyo this week to see Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom State and they will go through the check –list together.

“Nothing will be left to chance. It is a very big match, and the way things have turned out against Cameroon, it is now an even bigger match than the ones we played against Cameroon. There must be no room for error.”

Nigeria, who defeated Cameroon 4-0 in Uyo, before the two sides drew 1-1 in Yauonde, will host Zambia on 7 October 2017.

The Super Eagles will qualify for the World Cup finals as Group B winners if they defeat Chipolopolo in Uyo.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by adegwurulez(m): 8:41pm On Sep 08, 2017
You're right it wasn't the world Cup, it was a nations cup qualifier in 2014. Bottom line is he didn't justify his inclusion.
comodo:
[Ik Uche. World cup Which of the world cups? Uche Kalu was in SA 2010, dont think IK tasted world cup. For real IK was good in SE colours. Keshi included him in 2013 Afcon as he was returning from injury. He fluffed his lines and was thrown away immediately, was never given a chance in the Confed or the world cup.

quote author=adegwurulez post=60257913]

National team football is much more than just statistics, other factors come into play. Granted, Martins may have some impressive stats but still might not be suited for this team.

Ikechukwu uche also raked some impressive stats at villareal, leading to calls for his inclusion to the world Cup. Keshi heeded those calls and took uche to the world Cup but uche couldn't add anything to the team, Infact Ideye would have been a better pick.

If we were to rely solely on stats, our attack to the world Cup will be filled with players like onuachu, Bonaventure etc not even martins
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 8:49pm On Sep 08, 2017
Etebo score to draw Feirense level with Sporting

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:49pm On Sep 08, 2017
adegwurulez:

If we were to rely solely on stats, our attack to the world Cup will be filled with players like onuachu, Bonaventure etc not even martins

You are evading the subject and the question.

Statistics are not absolutes but are very good indicators. Goals count it's almost impossible to find a top goal scorer in a top league who cannot cut it at National team level.

So in a sense your proposition is without substance what so ever.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:54pm On Sep 08, 2017
Nigeria wins the 1st Quarter 17-11 CIV

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bossto(m): 9:02pm On Sep 08, 2017
libero808:
Etebo score to draw Feirense level with Sporting
pls do you know the position he played??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 9:05pm On Sep 08, 2017
Feirense concede late goal to lose, after pulling off Etebo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 9:07pm On Sep 08, 2017
Left wing

Mod: But he raced in from the center forward position to convert a cross from the right

bossto:
pls do you know the position he played??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bossto(m): 9:13pm On Sep 08, 2017
libero808:
Left wing
Thank you....i think we will get the best of him when played there.
Papi rohr should take note!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1466) (1467) (1468) (1469) (1470) (1471) (1472) ... (16192) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Theben(m), victornoah(m), gbengaolu360 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.