Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,145 members, 7,860,111 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:49 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11923237 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1469) (1470) (1471) (1472) (1473) (1474) (1475) ... (16331) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:02pm On Sep 08, 2017
Update on Ngr vs Civ scores please?

Safarigirl, anyone?

Hope they didn't mess up?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:02pm On Sep 08, 2017
We won by the skin of our teeth...game ended 78-77....lucky win, goes to show how weak this team is compared to the last one. Hopefully, they get better as the tournament progresses

However, Uganda is currently winning Angola 44-29 after the first half. Pretty shocking considering the pedigree of both teams.

I think Senegal will win this tournament

Cc goldfish80

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:03pm On Sep 08, 2017
libero808:
Real Madrid and PSG. I like what PSG is doing at the moment with Mbappe and Neymar.

PSG rocks. Fantastic group of players. Madrid is also cool and I see an explosion of Asensio this season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:04pm On Sep 08, 2017
Everton Loanee Onyekuru Open Goal Account With Brace For Anderlecht

On loan Everton forward Henry Onyekuru scored twice for his loan side Anderlecht to power them to a 3-2 win over Lokeren in a Belgium top flight league game.

Onyekuru joined Anderlecht from on loan few days after penning a five year deal with Everton following his transfer from modest side Eupen, where his 24 goal haul made him the bride of most European teams.

He however struggled to be an instant hit at Anderlecht, but he finally showed his stuff against Lokeren with two well taken goals in the 3rd and 77th minute of their 3-2 win.

20 year old Onyekuru almost grabbed a hattrick but his well struck effort came off the bar with the goalkepper beaten, much to his frustration and that of his coach.

The brace were his first set of goals this season in five league games, and he will be hoping to maintain his scoring touch when they get their UEFA Champions League campaign underway on Tuesday against Bayern Munich.

**Daniel Martins

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/09/08/everton-loanee-onyekuru-open-goal-account-with-brace-for-anderlecht/

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:06pm On Sep 08, 2017
D'Tigers led by Coach Alex Nwora don't give me much to hope about.... I miss Will Voigt and most of the boys from 2015. All were available except Benjamin Uzoh who said he had to withdraw from the tournament...

I am miffed that the NBBF didn't retain Voigt....

goldfish80:
Update on Ngr vs Civ scores please?

Safarigirl, anyone?

Hope they didn't mess up?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 11:06pm On Sep 08, 2017
That's stereotypical of you to ask that

safarigirl:
hip-hop and Central defender....are you a tomboy?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 11:08pm On Sep 08, 2017
With Asensio in their roaster they didn't need Mbappe

TheGoodJoe:

PSG rocks. Fantastic group of players. Madrid is also cool and I see an explosion of Asensio this season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:10pm On Sep 08, 2017
libero808:
That's stereotypical of you to ask that

is that a yes or a no? undecided

I never get asked that, most people just assume I'm one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 11:12pm On Sep 08, 2017
It's a wrong assumption.

safarigirl:
is that a yes or a no? undecided

I never get asked that, most people just assume I'm one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:12pm On Sep 08, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
D'Tigers led by Coach Alex Nwora don't give me much to hope about.... I miss Will Voigt and most of the boys from 2015. All were available except Benjamin Uzoh who said he had to withdraw from the tournament...

maybe they didn't want to play under Nwora

Maybe the NBBF couldn't afford to pay Voigt....not like one Governor is dropping $10,000 for D'Tigers to win
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:13pm On Sep 08, 2017
libero808:
It's a wrong assumption.

it mostly is

Welcome to the thread....you seem cool, the guys will love you. They hate me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:14pm On Sep 08, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

I ran through the list of players we went to defend the title with and discovered they are mostly big men and power forwards. Iyke Diogu and this 6ft2 point guard are just about those with abilities to shoot from outside the arc.
The brand of basketball will be totally different from what we saw last time. This is very depressing.
I am following Chamberlain Oguchi's YouTube channel devoted to D'tigers. From what I saw of the videos, these guys were like a band of brothers.
For goodness sake, why break the team up like this? We are talking about a bunch of guys who battled to qualify for the Olympics via play-offs, then matured into a squash buckling side that walked the Afro basket.

The Nbbf boss in an interview I saw on TV said they needed a Nigeria coach. That was the reason Voigt was off contract. My television nearly went through the window when I saw the interview.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:15pm On Sep 08, 2017
If Uganda wins.... that will be a super shocker.... what in the H is wrong with Angola??

Senegal yes... but we'll see shaa...

safarigirl:

We won by the skin of our teeth...game ended 78-77....lucky win, goes to show how weak this team is compared to the last one. Hopefully, they get better as the tournament progresses

However, Uganda is currently winning Angola 44-29 after the first half. Pretty shocking considering the pedigree of both teams.

Cc goldfish80
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 11:15pm On Sep 08, 2017
smiley Thank you. Then why are you here? It's about football and not about guys. It's a people sport.

safarigirl:
it mostly is

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 08, 2017
safarigirl:
it mostly is

Everybody hate Chris but not everyone hates safarigirl grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:18pm On Sep 08, 2017
safarigirl:

Cc goldfish80
If Senegal came to town with Djeng. They will walk the tournament.
Tunisia will be in the mix too. They gave us all kinds of problems the last time. Were the only team to win us. And they are playing on home court
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:20pm On Sep 08, 2017
libero808:
smiley Thank you. Then why are you here? It's about football and not about guys. It's a people sport.

this thread transcends just football o......football may be the main thing, but there are so many other discussions intertwined.

There are not enough international games in a year to get us to this number of pages
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:20pm On Sep 08, 2017
Comman Shattap dia! Berra show exceptions because I don't angry

Which kain generalisation be that ni? undecided

Not Everybody hates The Safarigirl abi Oga Dextology.... wink

safarigirl:
it mostly is

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 11:22pm On Sep 08, 2017
No one can put a gun to my head to discuss anything they want to discuss. wink

safarigirl:
this thread transcends just football o......football may be the main thing, but there are so many other discussions intertwined.

There are not enough international games in a year to get us to this number of pages
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:23pm On Sep 08, 2017
goldfish80:

If Senegal came to town with Djeng. They will walk the tournament.
Tunisia will be in the mix too. They gave us all kinds of problems the last time. Were the only team to win us. And they are playing on home court
I believe they did.

They just whipped SA 83-44...they haven't had a continental trophy in two decades, they're deadset on this one
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:24pm On Sep 08, 2017
libero808:
No one can put a gun to my head to discuss anything they want to discuss. wink

it doesn't really work like that though.

You'll see smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 11:24pm On Sep 08, 2017
okay they can dare me.

safarigirl:
it doesn't really work like that though.

You'll see smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 08, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Comman Shattap dia! Berra show exceptions because I don't angry

Which kain generalisation be that ni? undecided

Not Everybody hates The Safarigirl abi Oga Dextology.... wink

That's true na, we all have different perception and views on certain issues, that's what make us unique. No hate, just love wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:25pm On Sep 08, 2017
You are right.... Nwora and co went for a new mix of Height and Size above Skills and Team continuity.... He should have known better... I have the list of the boys/men trying to win Nigeria her second afrobasket title but I am not so enthusiastic... I will just try to follow them shaa... two home based... the rest are based abroad but relatively unknowns and untested... This will be one "long" afrobasket campaign indeed... Imagine Champs missing... chaaaiiiiii... say no more.

goldfish80:

I ran through the list of players we went to defend the title with and discovered they are mostly big men and power forwards. Iyke Diogu and this 6ft2 point guard are just about those with abilities to shoot from outside the arc.
The brand of basketball will be totally different from what we saw last time. This is very depressing.
I am following Chamberlain Oguchi's YouTube channel devoted to D'tigers. From what I saw of the videos, these guys were like a band of brothers.
For goodness sake, why break the team up like this? We are talking about a bunch of guys who battled to qualify for the Olympics via play-offs, then matured into a squash buckling side that walked the Afro basket.

The Nbbf boss in an interview I saw on TV said they needed a Nigeria coach. That was the reason Voigt was off contract. My television nearly went through the window when I saw the interview.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 11:26pm On Sep 08, 2017
goldfish80:

It's seem Voigt job was a volunteer job... Needed to prove some set of guys wrong according to some report I read when he was hired back then... His heart is still with Nigeria followed on twitter

It seems he worked without payment or little payment... NBBF couldnot afford him...

According to the new coach Alex Nwora he said bulk of the players are injured they couldn't make it to the tournament... Nigeria is just somehow... They are giving them good preparations...

If not for coach Voigt won't attain any position in Africa the dude sacrifice alot for Nigeria to become a champion... Wish them good luck
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 11:26pm On Sep 08, 2017
Goodnight all!! 1
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:27pm On Sep 08, 2017
You garrit Brother.... wink Good to see you again smiley

Dextology:

That's true na, we all have different perception and views on certain issues, that's what make us unique. No hate, just love wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:28pm On Sep 08, 2017
goldfish80:

those 2015 guys were everything. I don't think much of this set and the NBBF President is apparently just another corrupt Nigerian

Did you see the list of staff?

Coach is Igbo and his two assistants are Yoruba and Hausa respectively, what a truly Nigerian team grin

They're going to be home early....but doesn't matter, what matters is that Nigerians coach the team...

Ike Diogu has to be like the Mikel of our basketball team. Doesn't matter who gets cut or if the team is reshuffled, he'll always be in it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:29pm On Sep 08, 2017
His twitter account profile still reads... "Head men's basketball coach-Nigerian National team"

soetanoreoluwa:

It's seem Voigt job was a volunteer job... Needed to prove some set of guys wrong according to some report I read when he was hired back then... His heart is still with Nigeria followed on twitter

It seems he worked without payment or little payment... NBBF couldnot afford him...

According to the new coach Alex Nwora he said bulk of the players are injured they couldn't make it to the tournament... Nigeria is just somehow... They are giving them good preparations...

If not for coach Voigt won't attain any position in Africa the dude sacrifice alot for Nigeria to become a champion... Wish them good luck
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 08, 2017
soetanoreoluwa:

The NBBF should have allowed Voigt to lead the team to the Afrobasket ball Championship. I won't be surprised if most of those players aren't injured but just a way to show their dissatisfaction with the federation for terminating the services of voigt.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:31pm On Sep 08, 2017
You right about Ike Diogu there...

Just Imagine a combo of Ike and that 2015 set coz Ike missed most of the action in 2015... Just imagine... chaaaiiiiii.... I cry... but I hope the guys playing now can prove me wrong.

safarigirl:
those 2015 guys were everything. I don't think much of this set and the NBBF President is apparently just another corrupt Nigerian

Did you see the list of staff?

Coach is Igbo and his two assistants are Yoruba and Hausa respectively, what a truly Nigerian team grin

They're going to be home early....but doesn't matter, what matters is that Nigerians coach the team...

Ike Diogu has to be like the Mikel of our basketball team. Doesn't matter who gets cut or if the team is reshuffled, he'll always be in it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 08, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
You garrit Brother.... wink Good to see you again smiley

Thanks sir, always here but have little time to comment when at work.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1469) (1470) (1471) (1472) (1473) (1474) (1475) ... (16331) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: enlady(f), elyte89, ddone and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.