Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,054 members, 7,835,560 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14750) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11780475 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14747) (14748) (14749) (14750) (14751) (14752) (14753) ... (16193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ecoco2014(m): 11:34pm On Jun 18, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Held us to a draw? Are you stupid or what? You can change your Nationality since Sierra Leone has won the last 10 AFCONS and 5 World Cups with their team. Oponu plenty for this site I swear!
My question: What point did you register by spewing diarrhea from your mouth under the guise of an insult? Absolutely you displayed stupidity thinking you gained attention.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 11:35pm On Jun 18, 2023
dkay51:
Wait, so Rohr is Benin's current coach grin

E don use us get job for our neighbour hand and e no go fit charge them 50K USD

He's earning significantly way less. About $20k I heard.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:36pm On Jun 18, 2023
charlesemeka85:
I didn’t want to say this but I hv to say it

Latest report as of 5 hours ago has it that man united hv approached osimhen and he’s new agent and he is willing to move to old trafford.

Reports hv it that he is Sheikh Jassim’s preferred number 9 and if he wins this race of buying united which currently seem 80% likely he will pay the 150m pounds to Napoli to being osimhen to Manchester

Osimhen and Atalanta striker Hojlund are highly likely to be signed by united this summer

VO seems to be making a habit of sacking his agents just before a major transfer contract is to be signed.

It's not a good reputation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:41pm On Jun 18, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Have you heard Enzo Maresca is now coach of Leicester city?

He is the former assistant of Pep Guardiola and EDS Manchester city coach that handled the likes of Romeo Lavia, Liam Delap, Samuel Edozie and McAteer.

His thesis from his coaching course was a coaching classic where he showed the relationship between Chess positional play and football tactics. After Guardiola read it, he called him to join Manchester city.

He won the EDS league and joined Parma in the Serie B.

Despite failing to progress, Guardiola called him to join his coaching crew and was part of the Treble winning team.

He now steps into Leicester city. I expect a cracker from him.

Another Pep Guardiola student coaching.

Mehn they better get out of that club.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ecoco2014(m): 11:41pm On Jun 18, 2023
ecoco2014:

There is nothing funny here. Go check the clubsides of the Sierra Leonean National Team players holding you to a draw.
Holding to a draw as game was ongoing is not the same as held to a draw when the game has finished as Nigeria eventually won.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:42pm On Jun 18, 2023
Iwobi wants UCL football. Which club fit grant this desire laidis?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:48pm On Jun 18, 2023
daveP:

Make your pick.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:49pm On Jun 18, 2023
Daninya33:

Jpes has failed to address the main issues of the team. I will opine we find someone better if his contract expires,it should not be renewed.

At least three players from the last U20 team of Ladan Bosso can add depth to the Super Eagles.One can even start at Centre back and Two in Midfield.

On what basis ❓ exuberant youth football dominance

Untill a player is playing consistent oustanding exceptional performance in the first team of his club.

That player should have nothing to do with the SE.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ecoco2014(m): 11:52pm On Jun 18, 2023
I am still waiting for an explanation as to why players from Obscure Sierra Leonean league teams will that don't have a bearing in CAF Club Competitions would be able to stage a comeback against established foreign names representing Super Eagles and we are comfortable because we won.
Back in the days in the last game of the 1st round of the USA 94 qualifiers against Congo-Brazzaville in Enugu we beat them 2-0 with more than 85% Home-based players. Against Ethiopia in the last qualifier for Tunisia 94, we beat them at home 6-0 with more than 70% homebased. We played good football and got results then. Clemens Westerhof came to our stadia to watch our local teams play and that was how an erstwhile midfielder for Bendel United called Benedict Iroha was discovered and converted to a defender for the Super Eagles.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ecoco2014(m): 11:54pm On Jun 18, 2023
komekn:

Untill a player is playing consistent oustanding exceptional performance in the first team of his club.

Augustine Okocha and Sunday Oliseh were called up to the Super Eagles from a Flying Eagles team that couldn't make it past the group stage of the Mauritius 1993 U20 Afcon, so your analogy is not cast in marble.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ecoco2014(m): 11:59pm On Jun 18, 2023
toluxe0075:

Even Brazil and Argentina with their excellent league hardly parade players from their local leagues for international football.
Not true.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 12:15am On Jun 19, 2023
daveP:

Lens is France seem the most likely, that's if they want and can afford him sha

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:25am On Jun 19, 2023
lovewins:

Lens is France seem the most likely, that's if they want and can afford him sha
Napoli should sign him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:07am On Jun 19, 2023
ecoco2014:
I am still waiting for an explanation as to why players from Obscure Sierra Leonean league teams will that don't have a bearing in CAF Club Competitions would be able to stage a comeback against established foreign names representing Super Eagles and we are comfortable because we won.
Back in the days in the last game of the 1st round of the USA 94 qualifiers against Congo-Brazzaville in Enugu we beat them 2-0 with more than 85% Home-based players. Against Ethiopia in the last qualifier for Tunisia 94, we beat them at home 6-0 with more than 70% homebased. We played good football and got results then. Clemens Westerhof came to our stadia to watch our local teams play and that was how an erstwhile midfielder for Bendel United called Benedict Iroha was discovered and converted to a defender for the Super Eagles.
Oga, we got the 3 points, we qualified.. what else do u want? The aim of qualifiers is to get 3 points. Beautiful football does not win qualification. They have enough time to blend as a team during the tournament and play the football u want.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ecoco2014(m): 1:32am On Jun 19, 2023
Truidstar:
Oga, we got the 3 points, we qualified.. what else do u want? The aim of qualifiers is to get 3 points. Beautiful football does not win qualification. They have enough time to blend as a team during the tournament and play the football u want.
We can say this because we are lucky to have Sao Tome and Principe in our group.
Underwhelming performance against Guinea Bissau in Abuja said it all about Peseiro's inefficiency.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 4:44am On Jun 19, 2023
ecoco2014:
We can say this because we are lucky to have Sao Tome and Principe in our group.
Underwhelming performance against Guinea Bissau in Abuja said it all about Peseiro's inefficiency.

U re right …if nff get sense,make dem no renew d guy contract..d person dt introduce paisero to us shld b grilling under efcc/dss by now😀

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:57am On Jun 19, 2023
ecoco2014:
South Africa beat Morocco naaa… heaven no fall.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 6:39am On Jun 19, 2023
maidaboi:
Official: Flying Eagles winger Haliru Sarki joins 14-time
United Arab Emirates champions
Wasted talent. Another talent is lost. This better not be true.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:59am On Jun 19, 2023
ecoco2014:

Augustine Okocha and Sunday Oliseh were called up to the Super Eagles from a Flying Eagles team that couldn't make it past the group stage of the Mauritius 1993 U20 Afcon, so your analogy is not cast in marble.
Okocha did not Oliseh and mind you Okocha was playing in bundesliga when he represented Nigeria in Mauritius but Oliseh came in straight to eagles from RC Leige in Belgium elite league and was astonished in his debut game against Ethiopia.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:02am On Jun 19, 2023
Truidstar:
South Africa defeated Morocco not a big deal in Africa football
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:06am On Jun 19, 2023
elyte89:

U re right …if nff get sense,make dem no renew d guy contract..d person dt introduce paisero to us shld b grilling under efcc/dss by now😀
Peseiro earning $70k me I no understanding.Rohr earned $50k is earning $20k in Benin Republic but when Rohr was here na story o of he didn’t need Nigeria money cuz he has big hotel in France…..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 7:07am On Jun 19, 2023
My Man of the Match... I no know if na the same match wey I watch una watch, because 88% of una here dey talk say the keeper no good!

When he was called up, I went to check his stats and video highlights and I was impressed. This guy effing saved us - damn important saves! Only his movements between the poles gave me confidence I've never had in any Super Eagles 🦅 goalkeepers since Enyeama.

He's fast, quick-witted and knows exactly what to do at anytime. His dives are fun to watch - like catfish 🤣. His confidence level is just like that of African-best Chiamaka Nnadozie if not higher ✊🏾!

He saved us well! If na Uzoho dey that post, we for collect like 5 or 4, no cap 🧢😂... The guy use leg control ball perfectly o, with an incoming angry striker in sight 🤣 I fit bet my lecturer head say Uzoho go fear lose that ball 😂

Adebayo Adeleye Onana is what the Super Eagles 🦅 need now in between the poles 🔥

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:09am On Jun 19, 2023
BankyGee:
My Man of the Match... I no know if na the same match wey I watch una watch, because 88% of una here dey talk say the keeper no good!

When he was called up, I went to check his stats and video highlights and I was impressed. This guy effing saved us - damn important saves! Only his movements between the poles gave me confidence I've never had in any Super Eagles 🦅 goalkeepers since Enyeama.

He's fast, quick-witted and knows exactly what to do at anytime. His dives are fun to watch - like catfish 🤣. His confidence level is just like that of African-best Chiamaka Nnadozie if not higher ✊🏾!

He saved us well! If na Uzoho dey that post, we for collect like 5 or 4, no cap 🧢😂... The guy use leg control ball perfectly o, with an incoming angry striker in sight 🤣 I fit bet my lecturer head say Uzoho go fear lose that ball 😂

Adebayo Adeleye Onana is what the Super Eagles 🦅 need now in between the poles 🔥

The two goals were not his fault …na our poor defense cause am ..those goals will beat any keeper,any time any day

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 7:13am On Jun 19, 2023
komekn:

I agree and disagree. What was Iwobi doing when he got his first call up? Many more example abound.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 7:14am On Jun 19, 2023
Kog45:
Okocha did not Oliseh and mind you Okocha was playing in bundesliga when he represented Nigeria in Mauritius but Oliseh came in straight to eagles from RC Leige in Belgium elite league and was astonished in his debut game against Ethiopia.

That team in Mauritius 93 also had Kanu (didn't play any minutes if I remember correctly) and Taribo West the shin kicker grin

With Cameroon and Ghana in the same group as us it was always going to be the sort that anything could happen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 7:16am On Jun 19, 2023
elyte89:

The two goals were not his fault …na our poor defense cause am ..those goals will beat any keeper,any time any day
I swear! Our defense caused the two goals and he made fine attempts to stop them. Like I said, he's quick-witted and super confident. Look at that ball he rushed to stop from that guy wey almost injure am, if na Uzoho, which I'm seeing in my head now, he go don dey move back dey bend him left leg and spread him hands wide, then ball go follow under him two legs enter net 😂

Adeleye good, no cap... E just pain me say he no keep clean sheet 'cos of the defense's blunders.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:23am On Jun 19, 2023
Mehn, you guys keep pushing this result as if it is something.

Morocco were without their first choice midfield 3 vs SA because qualification had been secured.

No Amrabat, No Ounahi, No Amallah. Even Bonou was rested. No way SA wins vs a Complete Moroccan XI.

Truidstar:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:32am On Jun 19, 2023
BankyGee:

Yes I saw calmness and very good footwork on the ball but I always loving keeper with good height at least 6ft,well Enyeama proved me wronged,hope to see him more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:37am On Jun 19, 2023
wayodude:

That team in Mauritius 93 also had Kanu (didn't play any minutes if I remember correctly) and Taribo West the shin kicker grin

With Cameroon and Ghana in the same group as us it was always going to be the sort that anything could happen.
Yes we had Kanu,Emma Babayaro but the duo were later drafted to U 17.Taribo West was benched by Emma Teberen who I rated than West but football sometimes funny.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:41am On Jun 19, 2023
You talking football like a kid. You can hate Paserio no probs but saying South Africa cannot beat Morocco with their full squad is an ignorant statement. Even Cameroon beat Brazil. Benin draw Senegal, Madagasca drew Ghana, Equi Guinea beat Tunisia, Capa Verde beat Burkina. Football no be maths. Algeria struggled against Uganda, Ethiopia defeated Egypt etc. Morocco has not won anything in two decades. Only gotten to AFCON final once in two decades. Abeg rest that talk!
TheSuperNerd:
Mehn, you guys keep pushing this result as if it is something.

Morocco were without their first choice midfield 3 vs SA because qualification had been secured.

No Amrabat, No Ounahi, No Amallah. No way SA wins vs a Complete Moroccan XI.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:42am On Jun 19, 2023
His height will be a big problem for us. He did not make any good save. The two shot at goal scored so what is the hype about.
Kog45:
Yes I saw calmness and very good footwork on the ball but I always loving keeper with good height at least 6ft,well Enyeama proved me wronged,hope to see him more.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:44am On Jun 19, 2023
Adebayo Adeleye's performance between the sticks didn't come as a surprise to me. It was his debut game yet he shone so bright. The goals he conceeded were through no fault of his AT ALL as both goals will beat most GKs but his saves, catlike movements and especially his confidence were magnificent for a debut gamer.

His ball playing also were reminiscent of the Adebayo I had watched at Hapoel Katamon Jerusalem.

I have always wanted to see him get his chance in the GWG ever since I had meticulously followed his exploits and analysed his games in Israel from the Liga't Leumit up to the Liga't Ha'al.

His showings in the just concluded Liga't Ha'al 22/23 were strongly encouraging as he helped lead his side, Hapoel Katamon Jerusalem to the Championship Round of the league.

A big jump from them playing in the relegation round in 21/22 season. Their first topflight season after promotion in the 20/21 season.

Adebayo MUST BE AT THE AFCON. He is a really good addition to the GK department.

We have Uzoho's suspension to thank for this.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (14747) (14748) (14749) (14750) (14751) (14752) (14753) ... (16193) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kingjite1 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.