Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14910) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11683063 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14907) (14908) (14909) (14910) (14911) (14912) (14913) ... (16154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BronzeTiger: 3:03pm On Aug 21, 2023
Make we just see one fine Nigeria eligible keeper abeg or kuku promote our under 20 player aniagboso.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:09pm On Aug 21, 2023
Best decision for Greenwood: move out of England until your late 20s.

Go to Italy, Paris or Madrid.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:12pm On Aug 21, 2023
Meliforme:

We have been missing Ejuke.
He understands the game more than all our wingers.

I said it and i repeat, Chidera Ejuke is more intelligent than any winger that has featured for the Super eagles in the past four years at least.

Samuel Chukwueze has been improving in leaps, especially in his understanding of the wing play dynamics.

To explain Ejuke's intelligence – in the game against Tunisia, Ejuke tried to use his speed, movement and dribbling to affect the defensive shape of the Tunisians, he was looking for an opening and tried to see if he could drag some players with him, but the Tunisians aside crowding their box, were also defending in zones.

he say na missing, intelligent una

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2023
elyte89:

Who b dis samu guy and wc position does he play?
striker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:16pm On Aug 21, 2023
TheLoneCitizen:

I pity the guy, the issue is not leaving man united but with he’s current status it will be difficult for any club to sign him in order not to face backlash from their fans
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 3:17pm On Aug 21, 2023
comodo:

I guess all these Amrabat stuff started because of world cup. He was so fantastic that he was playing for the juventus, Milans, and Madrids, if he had not been lucky to perform at the world cup, would he have been a subject of discussion. It's still the same Amrabat that we watched during Afcon oh. Make I no talk much.

Amrabat has what it takes to play for the likes of Milan and Madrid as a CDM.
He is such a fantastic player, but that does not take away the fact that Nwakali is a more complete midfielder and yes more fantastic.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:18pm On Aug 21, 2023
BronzeTiger:

This transfer would most likely kill the small hopes some had of him playing in super eagles. With Salma's performance in the women world cup I won't be surprised to see more blacks gradually starring for them in the nearest future.
if he performs Spain snr team will cap him asap cus they do not hv quality strikers currently

He will be tough for us to get but won’t be missed or needed cus striker full ground for us to choose from
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:19pm On Aug 21, 2023
Meliforme:

Amrabat has what it takes to play for the likes of Milan and Madrid as a CDM.
He is such a fantastic player, but that does not take away the fact that Nwakali is a more complete midfielder and yes more fantastic.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Nawaoooooo again 🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2023
daveP:
Now you know why I'm laughing
I swear that ur laugh mk my laugh laugh 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:24pm On Aug 21, 2023
charlesemeka85:
I pity the guy, the issue is not leaving man united but with he’s current status it will be difficult for any club to sign him in order not to face backlash from their fans

Bro, even in England, teams are lining up for him.

But he needs to move out because a man is only respected when he succeeds away from home.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:26pm On Aug 21, 2023
daveP:
Our personal, ambitious bias and sentimental to some folks has ruined the way many think on this thread.

What i mean is

If i have a sort of link to a baller in real life, or strong fandom, the tendency to not want to say the reality nosedives almost instantly, whether it's a male or female baller.

You just have this consistency of defending and defending anytime that player is mentioned. You defend better than Ramos and even the player won't still outperform you till you chop red card

The majority may be wrong. It happens. But when in a bid to just push someone, you begin to throw down other big ballers, then it's tilting towards delusions already. But we meuve.
u suppose don get use to this agenda na cus em don tey here sotey the main anchor don take sabbatical leave for over 6 months now 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

How on earth will one compare nwakali to one of the best cdm in a big league like serie A and top Europe as a whole

A player who held he’s own against world class midfielders at the last World Cup and came out top that made the whole world take notice of him

Na only sentimental,bias and emotional folks will dare to even consider putting nwakali and Amrabat in the same category

Maybe wetin Dey deceive them na the move to Chaves in the portuguese top flight wey follow for possible candidates for relegation at the end of this current season in Portugal 🇵🇹

The reason I always say that we re not different from the Dutch and English fans because we tend to over hype our own🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:26pm On Aug 21, 2023
BronzeTiger:
Make we just see one fine Nigeria eligible keeper abeg or kuku promote our under 20 player aniagboso.
Arthur might be feasible. His way towards the three lions squad is way long. Pickford, Ramsdale, Pope and some others I can't remember.

As for Aniagboso, he is not an upgrade on what we have.

Let's just be managing our Ogbomoso made Onana for now until better GKs show up.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:28pm On Aug 21, 2023
TheLoneCitizen:

That's the best thing for him immediately he was cleared. His attempt to return to Man Utd was a foolish move. Look at Mendy, Baba just moved away from the noises and restart somewhere else. UK can be quite toxic in matters like this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:28pm On Aug 21, 2023
mostob:
Arthur might be feasible. His way towards the three lions squad is way long. Pickford, Ramsdale, Pope and some others I can't remember.

As for Aniagboso, he is not an upgrade on what we have.

Let's just be managing our Ogbomoso made Onana for now until better GKs show up.
also the other guy at arsenal who played on loan last season in the Finnish league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:31pm On Aug 21, 2023
mostob:
That's the best thing for him immediately he was cleared. His attempt to return to Man Utd was a foolish move. Look at Mendy, Baba just moved away from the noises and restart somewhere else. UK can be quite toxic in matters like this.

UK's best assets is their toxic media.

Despite Mourinho getting more red cards in Italy than in his entire career, they don't wire him like the English did.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 3:32pm On Aug 21, 2023
charlesemeka85:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Nawaoooooo again 🤣🤣🤣

You were like this at Osimhen.
I am not at all surprised.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:38pm On Aug 21, 2023
TheLoneCitizen:

UK's best assets is their toxic media.

Despite Mourinho getting more red cards in Italy than in his entire career, they don't wire him like the English did.
Jose fit them well well kwanu

That one Dey blast them steady 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:40pm On Aug 21, 2023
Meliforme:

You were like this at Osimhen.
I am not at all surprised.
oga rest, open a new thread for your propaganda and agenda but if you insist doing it here I got my eyes on you 🤣🤣🤣

Pushing this particular agenda here makes u look more like a badminton fan 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well no be everybody wey love football sabi better player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjRNvTuuOjM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BimW5lRxzc

See player wey u say nwakali better pass 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:49pm On Aug 21, 2023
Saudi will get Greenwood.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 3:49pm On Aug 21, 2023
charlesemeka85:
oga rest, open a new thread for your propaganda and agenda but if you insist doing it here I got my eyes on you 🤣🤣🤣

Pushing this particular agenda here makes u look more like a badminton fan 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well no be everybody wey love football sabi better player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjRNvTuuOjM

See player wey u say nwakali better pass 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You once said Nwakali cannot dribble, but he dribbles better than Amrabat.
You have said Nwakali is slow, but in reality he is faster than Amrabat.

You have said those, and for saying those, it is very clear that you have not done your observations well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:51pm On Aug 21, 2023
Meliforme:

You once said Nwakali cannot dribble, but he dribbles better than Amrabat.
You have said Nwakali is slow, but in reality he is faster than Amrabat.

You have said those, and for saying those, it is very clear that you have not done your observations well.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Stop clowning bro, I hold nothing against nwakali but comparing him or saying he is better than Amrabat of all midfielders is pure clowning 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:56pm On Aug 21, 2023
@meliforme

This is gangsta 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

https://youtube.com/shorts/5Co38zcJqNA?feature=share
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nwamazi8: 3:56pm On Aug 21, 2023
Lol people here are utterly clueless about football cheesy. The person hyping Amrabat knows absolutely nothing about the players profile. Aside from the world cup tax hype Amrabat is enjoying, he's a decent player at best and his numbers/stats in Florentina isn't particularly that impressive. Nwakali isn't the best thing after wine, but Amrabat is not some world class player as he's been made out to be here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:01pm On Aug 21, 2023
Nwamazi8:
Lol people here are utterly clueless about football cheesy. The person hyping Amrabat knows absolutely nothing about the players profile. Aside from the world cup tax hype Amrabat is enjoying, he's a decent player at best and his numbers/stats in Florentina isn't particularly that impressive. Nwakali isn't the best thing after wine, but Amrabat is not some world class player as he's been made out to be here
clown, no one is saying Amrabat is world class but miles better than nwakali

Follow the argument from the start before jumping to conclusion just to attack me indirectly

And for you info, performing in a competition like the fifa World Cup open doors for players to join bigger clubs a good example is James Rodriguez who moved from Monaco to Madrid after he’s world class performance with Colombia in 2014 World Cup

Cannavaro won the world best ahead of zizou,dingo,r9 etc just because of he’s monstrous performance in 2006 World Cup followed with a big move to Real Madrid

Our own jay jay’s peformance against Denmark in France 98 earned him a big money move to psg. Even then he was the most expensive African player before the record was broken

Diouf’s 2002 World Cup performance earned in a move to liverpool

Unknown yobo then earned a move to the epl with Everton after he’s performance in 2002 World Cup

Morocco’s Ounahi earned a move to marseille from bottom club but now relegated Angers after he’s performance in 2023 World Cup

So go back to your shell 🐚 🤣🤣🤣

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 4:09pm On Aug 21, 2023
charlesemeka85:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Stop clowning bro, I hold nothing against nwakali but comparing him or saying he is better than Amrabat of all midfielders is pure clowning 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tell me things Amrabat does that Nwakali has not done better.
I have given you areas where Nwakali excels better, please counter them.

Don't come at me with stuffs like; Amrabat plays for Florentina, Nwakall for Chaves.
Nwakali stats at Chaves are beginning to look more impressive than his stats at Ponferradina, and that makes the club comparison attempts a bit ludicrous.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:15pm On Aug 21, 2023
Meliforme:

Tell me things Amrabat does that Nwakali has not done better.
I have given you areas where Nwakali excels better, please counter them.

Don't come at me with stuffs like; Amrabat plays for Florentina, Nwakall for Chaves.
Nwakali stats at Chaves are beginning to look more impressive than his stats at Ponferradina, and that makes the club comparison attempts a bit ludicrous.
things nwakali does better but can’t attract a better move that measures to he’s talent as claimed here is not worth doing 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Amrabat stood out at Utrecht, AZ Aikmaar, Hellas Verona and now fiorentina and on the verge of leaving for a bigger club before the end of the transfer window

So stop clowning

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:21pm On Aug 21, 2023
Tomorrow una go say Nwakali is better than Enzo Fernandez or Caicedo 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 4:31pm On Aug 21, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Tomorrow una go say Nwakali is better than Enzo Fernandez or Caicedo 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I go come for that person head! 😂 😂

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:32pm On Aug 21, 2023
Meliforme:

You are not exaggerating my good man.
Amrabat is a midfielder many admire, but i will tell you this:

Comparing Nwakali to Amrabat will fill you with admiration for the man Nwakali.
There are aspects of the game that I have found Nwakali to be ahead of Amrabat, because Nwakali is more technical.
Press resistance, defending and duels, long passes and crosses of the ball, dribbling etc, are areas Nwakali appears to be ahead.
Judging the abilities of both players, you will find Nwakali a more complete midfielder.

Let's jettison preconceived notions and face pure facts that are before us.
Sir Meli you cannot safe Nwakili cuz only Nwakili can safe himself.

Good he is in Portuguese league and I pray things works out for him then you can blow Nwakili trumpet.

Checking their records nobody will agree with you that Kelechi Nwakili is bettered than Amrabat.Infact Amrabat will enter eagles first eleven with ease.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 4:35pm On Aug 21, 2023
I heard someone calling Nwakali press resistant! 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂. Check how Ambrat throws his body for a tackle, and compare... People sef sha... If i am to rate. Ambrat edges 66.57%
Nwakali would be around 54.76%

That's me being nice...
Nwakali only edges when it comes to finesse and flair.. Technique, they are almost the same, but Nwakali edges slightly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:41pm On Aug 21, 2023
Kog45:
Sir Meli you cannot safe Nwakili cuz only Nwakili can safe himself.

Good he is in Portuguese league and I pray things works out for him then you can blow Nwakili trumpet.

Checking their records nobody will agree with you that Kelechi Nwakili is bettered than Amrabat.Infact Amrabat will enter eagles first eleven with ease.
nwakali can’t make fiorentina’s bench

I wonder wetin go mk pple allow sentiment and emotions to becloud their sense of reasoning n judgement

Also you hv to put into consideration the quality of the league and opposition both players achieved the stats you hinted on above

Achieving it playing against tier 2 footballers and doing it against the best in the world should be considered too

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:42pm On Aug 21, 2023
Melvinity:
I heard someone calling Nwakali press resistant! 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂. Check how Ambrat throws his body for a tackle, and compare... People sef sha... If i am to rate. Ambrat edges 66.57%
Nwakali would be around 54.76%

That's me being nice...
Nwakali only edges when it comes to finesse and flair.. Technique, they are almost the same, but Nwakali edges slightly.
mk Nwakali come serie A try the finesse mk we see 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If dem no jam em intestine and guts out mk I knw wetin cause am

(1) (2) (3) ... (14907) (14908) (14909) (14910) (14911) (14912) (14913) ... (16154) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 12large1, elyte89 and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.