Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14911) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11683273 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14908) (14909) (14910) (14911) (14912) (14913) (14914) ... (16154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2023
Melvinity:

I go come for that person head! 😂 😂
bro I won’t be surprised if I see such argument/comparison here ooooo 🤣🤣🤣

The worst thing is when you tell them facts against their agenda/propaganda they mk it seem like you hate the particular player

Nwakali with the poor current state of our midfield is needed to see if he is the messiah we hv long waited for but comparing or saying he is better than Amrabat? I fit argue this one reach next year

Just imagine I come up with ndidi is better than Rodri, una no go see me like who don run mental?🤣🤣🤣🤣

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:54pm On Aug 21, 2023
Nwakali is better than Veratti. Check their stats 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:56pm On Aug 21, 2023
Monaco are preparing a ‘new formal bid’ for Tosin Adarabioyo.

🧩The 25-year-old has entered the last one year of his contract with Fulham, who are open to letting him leave this month rather than lose him for nothing at the end of the season.

#copied
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:59pm On Aug 21, 2023
TheLoneCitizen:

UK's best assets is their toxic media.

Despite Mourinho getting more red cards in Italy than in his entire career, they don't wire him like the English did.
They're too toxic. Greenwood should just go to another league, put his head down and gradually works his way up again. Personally, I like him as a player. But man is too dull. Heard the girl is still with him till now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:00pm On Aug 21, 2023
charlesemeka85:
also the other guy at arsenal who played on loan last season in the Finnish league
You mean Ovie Ejeheri? Never heard anything about him though. What did he do?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:07pm On Aug 21, 2023
charlesemeka85:
nwakali as the deep lying play maker, iwobi as AM then ndidi as b2b

Ndidi currently is doing marvelously well in that role for leicester
The trio has always been my preferred midfield combo. I just couldn't hold on to that anymore due to how disappointing Nwakali's career has turned out. I really wish he play his way up again. Alampasu and Onyekuru too, my God will judge them grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:10pm On Aug 21, 2023
mostob:
The trio has always been my preferred midfield combo. I just couldn't hold on to that anymore due to how disappointing Nwakali's career has turned out. I really wish he play his way up again. Alampasu and Onyekuru too, my God will judge them grin grin
mk we just pray that Chaves don’t get relegated
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nigeriagood(m): 5:14pm On Aug 21, 2023
Nwamazi8:
Lol people here are utterly clueless about football cheesy. The person hyping Amrabat knows absolutely nothing about the players profile. Aside from the world cup tax hype Amrabat is enjoying, he's a decent player at best and his numbers/stats in Florentina isn't particularly that impressive. Nwakali isn't the best thing after wine, but Amrabat is not some world class player as he's been made out to be here
jokers everywhere

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:49pm On Aug 21, 2023

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:57pm On Aug 21, 2023
mostob:
You mean Ovie Ejeheri? Never heard anything about him though. What did he do?
I mean he can be invited too to see if he will be good enough as an option for the gk position
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 5:58pm On Aug 21, 2023
charlesemeka85:
mk Nwakali come serie A try the finesse mk we see 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If dem no jam em intestine and guts out mk I knw wetin cause am

Lol... The intestine part got me grin
But, Nwakali could be like Zambo Frank Anguissa. They are similar in a way. But then, the later has lungs. 😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:00pm On Aug 21, 2023
Kog45:
Lookman,Iwobi,Chuckwueze for now but as season progresses my preferred list might changed cuz am seeing Nwakili coming in if he can shake the table in Portuguese league….

Quality teams buy quality players and quality players cost big money 🤑.

Chavez is at the bottom of the Portuguese league, unlike the EPL even Championship there is huge gulf between the top 6 teams in the Portuguese Primeira Liga and the bottom section.

Why else would they be buying dead and expired players. Without prejudice this Chavez team will struggle in the English league one.

To put matters into perspective the weekly wage bill of Bradford City FC in English League two is £54k with average weekly salary £1929. In comparison Chavez FC weekly wage bill is £41k and average weekly salary is £1644.

The Portuguese league bottom end is really very poor quality. What quality player are you going to pay £1k a week in Europe.

It's possible that NWAKALI the Midfield maestro Supremo is getting lower wages in Portugal from his €2k plus EUR than he he got at Ponferradina in the Segunda division.

Currently Chavez is in the relegation zone and looking like they are there permanently. Nothing will be happening in that backwater bankruptcy club. It's a reflection of his very limited attributes that he after 8 years in Europe still scratching the bottom of pot.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:03pm On Aug 21, 2023
charlesemeka85:
u suppose don get use to this agenda na cus em don tey here sotey the main anchor don take sabbatical leave for over 6 months now 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

How on earth will one compare nwakali to one of the best cdm in a big league like serie A and top Europe as a whole

A player who held he’s own against world class midfielders at the last World Cup and came out top that made the whole world take notice of him

Na only sentimental,bias and emotional folks will dare to even consider putting nwakali and Amrabat in the same category

Maybe wetin Dey deceive them na the move to Chaves in the portuguese top flight wey follow for possible candidates for relegation at the end of this current season in Portugal 🇵🇹

The reason I always say that we re not different from the Dutch and English fans because we tend to over hype our own🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Agreed without question ❓

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:03pm On Aug 21, 2023
Melvinity:

Lol... The intestine part got me grin
But, Nwakali could be like Zambo Frank Anguissa. They are similar in a way. But then, the later has lungs. 😂
not only lungs also stamina 🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 6:03pm On Aug 21, 2023
Odunayaw:

Cc: Andsungorilla

North Africans and filthy tactics
Thanks boss!!. Happy Finidi is still the coach despite the nonsense Kanu and the new governor pulled.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:09pm On Aug 21, 2023
komekn:

Chavez is at the bottom of the Portuguese league, unlike the EPL even Championship there is huge gulf between the top 6 teams in the Portuguese Primeira Liga and the bottom section.

Why else would they be buying dead and expired players. Without prejudice this Chavez team will struggle in the English league one.

To put matters into perspective the weekly wage bill of Bradford City FC in English League two is £54k with average weekly salary £1929. In comparison Chavez FC weekly wage bill is £41k and average weekly salary is £1644.

The Portuguese league bottom end is really very poor quality. What quality player are you going to pay £1k a week in Europe.

It's possible that NWAKALI the Midfield maestro Supremo is getting lower wages in Portugal from his €2k plus EUR than he he got at Ponferradina in the Segunda division.

Currently Chavez is in the relegation zone and looking like they are there permanently. Nothing will be happening in that backwater bankruptcy club. It's a reflection of his very limited attributes that he after 8 years in Europe still scratching the bottom of pot.
in Portugal if you ain’t playing for porto,braga,sporting n benfica I don’t count you as a special player

Also talented players in less glamorous portuguese clubs don’t spend more than a season there and they will be snapped by the top four clubs in the league I mentioned above

Imagine Onyemaechi after just one season with boavista is already likely to join porto before the end of the tf window

Sanusi spent only just a season in the top tier with Santa Clara and porto signed him immediately

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:29pm On Aug 21, 2023
mostob:
They're too toxic. Greenwood should just go to another league, put his head down and gradually works his way up again. Personally, I like him as a player. But man is too dull. Heard the girl is still with him till now.

That's not dull.

There are evidences of him abusing this girl and she agreed to drop charges possibly only if they remain together and get lifetime child support from him.

Bro's not that dumb.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 21, 2023
komekn:

Bro, please give him benefit of the doubt. Season just started… too early to judge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 6:53pm On Aug 21, 2023
Kog45:
Sir Meli you cannot safe Nwakili cuz only Nwakili can safe himself.

Good he is in Portuguese league and I pray things works out for him then you can blow Nwakili trumpet.

Checking their records nobody will agree with you that Kelechi Nwakili is bettered than Amrabat.Infact Amrabat will enter eagles first eleven with ease.

Which records?
I beg you to please state the records

Amrabat will not enter Super Eagles first eleven with ease.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bannedlargedx2: 6:58pm On Aug 21, 2023
komekn:

My guy, what has nwakali done to you or your family because this your vindictive mindset towards him is sad. He might not be the best player in the world but man is just trying to earn a living and put his best possible effort

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:59pm On Aug 21, 2023
I have been CLOSELY following the performances of Nwakali for the past 12 months or so. And all I have done is present stats. The context is who do we have in our midfield? Today he plays in the Portuguese top tier and he is still performing. We have the choice to go for our best and we still have to follow the facts. We cannot borrow midfielders from other countries. Besides those that have dual nationalities we need to convince, Nwakali stands out for consideration among those we can get on the plane easily simply by just putting a call. And besides, he does have skillsets that we need in this current team.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:01pm On Aug 21, 2023
Joebie:
I have been CLOSELY following the performances of Nwakali for the past 12 months or so. And all I have done is present stats. The context is who do we have in our midfield? Today he plays in the Portuguese top tier and he is still performing. We have the choice to go for our best and we still have to follow the facts. We cannot borrow midfielders from other countries. Besides those that have dual nationalities we need to convince, Nwakali stands out for consideration among those we can get on the plane easily simply by just putting a call. And besides, he does have skillsets that we need in this current team.

This is d reality …. We re not Brazil 🇧🇷 or France 🇫🇷 dt commands star players in d midfield to prevent him from been invited

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:08pm On Aug 21, 2023
Bannedlargedx2:

My guy, what has nwakali done to you or your family because this your vindictive mindset towards him is sad. He might not be the best player in the world but man is just trying to earn a living and put his best possible effort
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:11pm On Aug 21, 2023
Joebie:
no one is against he’s invitation currently to the super eagles

You guys love dilly dallying, raising discussions different from what is on the table

The argument is that nwakali is better than Amrabat not that he isn’t good enough to earn a recall to the national team

U don Dey divert Dey go the pity route 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:12pm On Aug 21, 2023
elyte89:

This is d reality …. We re not Brazil 🇧🇷 or France 🇫🇷 dt commands star players in d midfield to prevent him from been invited
neither re we Tanzania or Malawi 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:14pm On Aug 21, 2023
Haha..
Well I no join hype am. But nothing wrong in hyping our own as long as he is SE material today. grin

charlesemeka85:
no one is against he’s invitation currently to the super eagles

You guys love dilly dallying, raising discussions different from what is on the table

The argument is that nwakali is better than Amrabat not that he isn’t good enough to earn a recall to the national team

U don Dey divert Dey go the pity route 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 7:17pm On Aug 21, 2023
komekn:

this thing don pass normal analysis. This is full blown hatred. Sha rora

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:17pm On Aug 21, 2023
Joebie:
Haha..
Well I no join hype am. But nothing wrong in hyping our own as long as he is SE material today. grin

that’s not hype but ignorance because no real football fan will mk such claim that nwakali is better than Amrabat if not a bias and sentimental one
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:17pm On Aug 21, 2023
Amedino99:
this thing don pass normal analysis. This is full blown hatred. Sha rora
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

E pain you Abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:19pm On Aug 21, 2023
Meliforme:

Which records?
I beg you to please state the records

Amrabat will not enter Super Eagles first eleven with ease.
Ana emegheri 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Na me and una today 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 7:32pm On Aug 21, 2023
Meliforme:

Amrabat has what it takes to play for the likes of Milan and Madrid as a CDM.
He is such a fantastic player, but that does not take away the fact that Nwakali is a more complete midfielder and yes more fantastic.
Now you have hit the mace on the head. There is the point. A player can have the abilities to play for the top teams but still can be overlooked by all those teams. Some monikers here have the belief that once you are fantastic the top dogs will be coming for you. It doesn't happen that way.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:42pm On Aug 21, 2023
comodo:

Now you have hit the mace on the head. There is the point. A player can have the abilities to play for the top teams but still can be overlooked by all those teams. Some monikers here have the belief that once you are fantastic the top dogs will be coming for you. It doesn't happen that way.
what makes such players overlooked?

Mace hitter 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

(1) (2) (3) ... (14908) (14909) (14910) (14911) (14912) (14913) (14914) ... (16154) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Pidginwhisper, Tessyy1701, KpagoGIN(m), charlesemeka85(m), Joebie and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.