Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,368 members, 7,819,319 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14926) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11692272 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14923) (14924) (14925) (14926) (14927) (14928) (14929) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iamdynamite(m): 6:40pm On Aug 24, 2023
embarassedno
komekn:

You are telling Blatant LIES to suit your self birthed narrative.

First of all when VO was at Wolfsburg he was very poor at that TIME. So whatever he was getting reflected his youthful potential and current ability at THAT TIME.

But VO did not remain stagnant and kept relying continuously on past youthful glories.

He realised he was not good enough, so he had to develop, educate and improve himself over time. VO improved from season to season until he became the top goal scorer in Seria A.

Quality and oustanding consistent top level performance got him to this position not just EXPOSURE.
for your info mr man, victor osihmen was never a poor player, stop this your lies, he got injured and had limited playing times.

He got to chaleroi and the rest they say is history

I am tempted to insult you😒😒😒😒

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:58pm On Aug 24, 2023
The only time Nwakali plays against his teammates is during training. So the better the league the more he can prove. He will play against those clubs u named including Porto, Benfica, Braga and Sporting Abi?

charlesemeka85:
When it comes to stability in Portuguese top flight clubs aside the big 4 clubs like Guimaraes, Gil Vincente, Boavista, maritimo,pacos feirera, rio ave are more stable than Chaves

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:01pm On Aug 24, 2023
Forest na small club compared to the likes of Man City, Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool. But Awoniyi has shown his quality by scoring against some of these teams. Don’t rate Awoniyi because he plays for Forest, rate him based on what he does for Forest.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:02pm On Aug 24, 2023
Orban time!!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:19pm On Aug 24, 2023
Meliforme:

Nwakali will be facing the likes of Benfica, FC Porto, and not playing against his teammates

Being in elite company makes you look even more elite and accentuates your qualities,
Nwakali's teammates are not as elite as you have claimed, that should make people give him his flowers and commend his qualities the more. Having those kind of teammates and still showing the level of quality that i currently is commending.

Anyways, Chaves is a good team .

What makes a team good ❓

The quality of personal and or the clubs standing in the league as well as the quality of that league ❓❓

Playing with elite players in your team improves you no doubt. But playing against elite players with carpenter team mates , just kills you it adds nothing just exposĂŠs how poor you are.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:29pm On Aug 24, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Nothing like poor. Victor Osimhen did not get ample opportunity at Wolfsburg. When he had his opportunity at Charleroi, he shone brightly. Got to Lille and shone. Making your postulations about Victor Osimhen wack and poor.

Quality is what you denied Osimhen had and when he got the chance to show his quality, he performed at a top level because of his quality.

With the right exposure, a true talent will shine.

No matter how you negatively criticise Kelechi Nwakali as you did Iheanacho, Osimhen, and Sadiq Umar, your negativity can not make them fail.

YOUR HATE IS NO ANTEDOTE TO THEIR FUTURE.

You are being infantile and immature, with your claim of LIES.

VO was struggling to get game time because he simply wasn't good enough.

Of course he did not remain stagnant and or believe the foolish hype people like you placed on him. Saying your too good nobody is better than you ,your being denied opportunity and unfairly treated.

VO accepted he was not good enough and then dropped to lower league, took time to develop, educate, and IMPROVE himself. He continued that trajectory and learning curve after leaving Charleroi going to Lille then on to Napoli it took him two seasons to have this dominance in Seria A.

He didn't stay stagnant like NWAKALI but kept challenging himself and improving.

The rest for VO is now history.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 7:34pm On Aug 24, 2023
Joebie:
Orban time!!!
will he cook us some goals today? We wait

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:41pm On Aug 24, 2023
Joebie:
Orban time!!!

Na almost everyday dis guy club Dey play ! 😀

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 7:44pm On Aug 24, 2023
[b][/b]
maidaboi:
what's your thoughts on Nwakali first two games?

First match was piss poor honestly there were outplayed his output didn’t show that much,

But the second match he played really well but his defensive side of the game is not great at all

He doesn’t track deep enough
And he comes too deep to receive the ball ⚽️ throw a long pass forward but he won’t be there at the attacking end to make creative decisions with the ball

The guy good no doubt but he should justify our faith and do himself the needful please

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 7:48pm On Aug 24, 2023
komekn:

What makes a team good ❓

The quality of personal and or the clubs standing in the league as well as the quality of that league ❓❓

Playing with elite players in your team improves you no doubt. But playing against elite players with carpenter team mates , just kills you it adds nothing just exposĂŠs how poor you are.

Like bro chaves fc is not a good team aside this poor start they had at the beginning of this season

This is a very poor team bro
I watch 90mins of both their games and I’ll tell you this the coach and almost half the players should face firing squad

The look so unfit, poor during transition can’t track back for sh!t Omo

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 7:49pm On Aug 24, 2023
typicalgamer:
[b][/b]

First match was piss poor honestly there were outplayed his output didn’t show that much,

But the second match he played really well but his defensive side of the game is not great at all

And he comes too deep to receive the ball ⚽️ throw a long pass forward but he won’t be there at the attacking end to make creative decisions with the ball

The guy good no doubt but he should justify our faith and do himself the needful please

Not justifying the poor performance in the first game, but I think it's fair to note that they went one man down very early in the game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:52pm On Aug 24, 2023
typicalgamer:
[b][/b]

👍
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 8:02pm On Aug 24, 2023
Meliforme:

Anyways, Chaves is a good team.

typicalgamer:

Like bro chaves fc is not a good team aside this poor start they had at the beginning of this season

This is a very poor team bro
I watch 90mins of both their games and I’ll tell you this the coach and almost half the players should face firing squad

Who we wan come believe now?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 8:11pm On Aug 24, 2023
typicalgamer:
[b][/b]

Thanks boss for this first hand report. I see two sort of conflicting sentences though, first you said he doesn't track deep enough and then I see you wrote that he comes too deep to receive the ball, that looks conflicting if I may add.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:14pm On Aug 24, 2023
lovewins:
Zaidu Sanusi to Nottingham Forest?

The scouts at NFFC are officially crazy. Not sure they know what they are doing. How do you fill a substantial part of your team with persons who will be unavailable during AFCON?

Forest looking like watford 2.0

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:17pm On Aug 24, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Thanks boss for this first hand report. I see two sort of conflicting sentences though, first you said he doesn't track deep enough and then I see you wrote that he comes too deep to receive the ball, that looks conflicting if I may add.

He doesn’t track deep this is true

But when in possession he drops deep to receive the pass from the DMF or CB whoever

Then whips a long pass forward but he’s not there to help make proper use of the pass

My point is still he needs to find the perfect blend for his game stay high like Eze on my palace

Or drop deep whip your long balls and let someone else handle no10 responsibilities

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:19pm On Aug 24, 2023
lovewins:

Not justifying the poor performance in the first game, but I think it's fair to note that they went one man down very early in the game.

I saw because i watched the match

What I’m complaining about is the entire team as a whole if you take your team and watch a match you’ll know there’s no plan

Either rely on cross and head or attackers abilities to score and win games

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:37pm On Aug 24, 2023
komekn:

Of course he did not remain stagnant and or believe the foolish hype people like you placed on him. Saying your too good nobody is better than you ,your being denied opportunity and unfairly treated.

VO accepted he was not good enough and then dropped to lower league, took time to develop, educate, and IMPROVE himself. He continued that trajectory and learning curve after leaving Charleroi going to Lille then on to Napoli it took him two seasons to have this dominance in Seria A.

He didn't stay stagnant like NWAKALI but kept challenging himself and improving.

The bolded is simply not true but a lie you tried to sell. As soon as Osimhen got the chance, he flourished.

The fact is that there is more competitions for Africans in creative midfield roles. That is why Mikel with all his talent never played a creative midfield role for Chelsea. He only played a a defensive midfielder.

Even Yaya Toure found it difficult to play a creative role for Barcelona despite being one of the best talents in the history of the game.

Iheanacho made his breakthrough as a creative attack midfielder and was converted to a hitman because of the same issue.

Iwobi broke out as a creative midfielder and found it difficult to cement himself in that role.

That is why it is difficult for Nwakali to just breakthrough and why we have little Nigerians in such roles.

Finally, Osimhen was always good it was just your blatant hate that made you tag him not good because he was not getting an opportunity.

Finito.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nwamazi8: 8:39pm On Aug 24, 2023
I was able to watch Gift Orban today up close, and I must admit I wasn't so impressed....dude is seriously overhyped tbh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:42pm On Aug 24, 2023
komekn:

Very funny to saying Kelechi Nwakali believe in hype. That shows how you can be off facts when talking football. Do you know Kelechi Nwakali personally to make such careless remark.

Kelechi Nwakali went to Huesca and then Ponferradina. Does this look like a guy who feels hyped? It shows humility. Tell another lie.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:57pm On Aug 24, 2023
Peter “Dodo Mayama” Rufai turns 60 today.Wishing the living legend happy birthday.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 9:20pm On Aug 24, 2023
Amedino99:
will he cook us some goals today? We wait
he left my plate cold and empty. We go again next time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:35pm On Aug 24, 2023
Porto have zeroed in on Boavista’s Bruno Onyemaechi as a potential replacement for fellow Nigerian defender Zaidu Sanusi, per A Bola.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:40pm On Aug 24, 2023
Nwamazi8:
I was able to watch Gift Orban today up close, and I must admit I wasn't so impressed....dude is seriously overhyped tbh
And some one who only watch the game he scored 4 goals will say otherwise

So don't judge a player because of one game

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:54pm On Aug 24, 2023
AC MILAN HAS CLOSED THE NEGOTIATION WITH GENT FOR THE NIGERIAN BOMBERINO FROM THE 2002 CLASS GIFT ORBAN. Tottenham, after the player's no, decided to leave the track and will consequently turn to Mehdi Taremi. Operation on 18 + bonus. Done deal.

How true is this?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:32pm On Aug 24, 2023
charlesemeka85:
AC MILAN HAS CLOSED THE NEGOTIATION WITH GENT FOR THE NIGERIAN BOMBERINO FROM THE 2002 CLASS GIFT ORBAN. Tottenham, after the player's no, decided to leave the track and will consequently turn to Mehdi Taremi. Operation on 18 + bonus. Done deal.

How true is this?

Shey na Milan buy am Abi Tottenham? Abi both club withdrew deir interest?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 11:50pm On Aug 24, 2023
PurpleHouse:

You people are so damn predictable all the time.

Sounding as if he get sense pass me or he holy pass or he's now made sense yet he looks even more insane than BobRisky. No sorry. James Brown.

Thunder fire your mama
I don chat with too many motherless jerks these past two days 😂

God help me... Give them the fortitude to bear their stvpidity 🙏🏾😂🤣

At least I have an identity, I'm not the one using cows as my display picture. How on Earth 🌎 will you reason well?

Yen yen yen yen yen yen yen 😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 11:58pm On Aug 24, 2023
iamdynamite:
I just pray for this nwakali guy, the way komekn dey insult this guy ehn, you will think he has offended him before, how can you say moving from smartbank in spain to a first division team in portugal is a step backward

Omo, whether you guys like it or not nwakali is quality no midfielder in the current super eagles can match is technique, pass accuracy and finnese on the ball, he has just being unfortunate with his club career

Same thing they said about osihmen, we all know where he is today

Anofia
💯
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:55am On Aug 25, 2023
komekn:

You're trying to paint a picture of Osimhen time at Wolfsburg just to escape the criticisms you've been getting for always attacking the young man...it's a fact that Osimhen struggled with injuries and illness while at Wolfsburg..And also limited game time.. all that affected his output...that illness and injury followed him to Zultre Waragam where he was supposed to sign on loan until Charleio stepped up to take him.... Osimhen showed his quality at youth level, so saying je struggled at Wolfsburg because he wasn't good enough is a lie!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 5:56am On Aug 25, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

The bolded is simply not true but a lie you tried to sell. As soon as Osimhen got the chance, he flourished.

The fact is that there is more competitions for Africans in creative midfield roles. That is why Mikel with all his talent never played a creative midfield role for Chelsea. He only played a a defensive midfielder.

Even Yaya Toure found it difficult to play a creative role for Barcelona despite being one of the best talents in the history of the game.

Iheanacho made his breakthrough as a creative attack midfielder and was converted to a hitman because of the same issue.

Iwobi broke out as a creative midfielder and found it difficult to cement himself in that role.

That is why it is difficult for Nwakali to just breakthrough and why we have little Nigerians in such roles.

Finally, Osimhen was always good it was just your blatant hate that made you tag him not good because he was not getting an opportunity.

Finito.

The bolded is true. There is discrimination against africans playing the creative midfield role.
Europeans believe Africans cannot play as creative midfielders and so dont encourage them.
This is a quote from a website
Ian Hawkey touches on the subject in his all encompassing book Feet of the Chameleon: The Story of African Football.

“More and more the notion that Africa’s football exists in service to Europe’s professional game dictates the type of athlete clubs, schools and academies promote. ‘Sooner or later when you speak to a coach in Europe, who might be interested in a young player,’ says one scout employed to survey African talent for a leading British club, ‘they ask you “so what’s his aerial elevation like?” They want big, tall, strong players first of all.’

“There is a prevalent stereotype among recruiters that the best sort of footballer to look for in Africa is the quick striker or the muscular defensive midfielder...Europe’s acquisitive eye shapes the very shape of an aspiring African footballer,” he says.

this is culled from a website

https://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal/2011/11/7/is-europe-killing-the-african-playmaker.html

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:57am On Aug 25, 2023
Whether it is hate or criticism, I'm sure those who don't speak well of Nwakali,deep in their hearts know that he is needed in the super eagles midfield.. Unless they can list other midfielders who can offer the team more creativity..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 7:22am On Aug 25, 2023
komekn:

You are telling Blatant LIES to suit your self birthed narrative.

First of all when VO was at Wolfsburg he was very poor at that TIME. So whatever he was getting reflected his youthful potential and current ability at THAT TIME.

But VO did not remain stagnant and kept relying continuously on past youthful glories.

He realised he was not good enough, so he had to develop, educate and improve himself over time. VO improved from season to season until he became the top goal scorer in Seria A.

Quality and oustanding consistent top level performance got him to this position not just EXPOSURE.
Victor osihmen was never poor. He had injuries

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14923) (14924) (14925) (14926) (14927) (14928) (14929) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.