Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14927) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11688996 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14924) (14925) (14926) (14927) (14928) (14929) (14930) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joxxy01(m): 7:36am On Aug 25, 2023
With Alex Iwobi out injured, I think this is Nwakali time to show that he is the best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by superbloke(m): 8:12am On Aug 25, 2023
This double standard is what gets me all the time.

Victor Osimhen at wolfsburg didn't get enough opportunities due to illness & injury = "he's not good enough"

Jordan Ibe performs poorly over the years despite many opportunities = "mental health issues".

Very convenient.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 8:30am On Aug 25, 2023
superbloke:

Victor Osimhen at wolfsburg didn't get enough opportunities due to illness & injury = "he's not good enough"

Jordan Ibe performs poorly over the years despite many opportunities = "mental health issues".

Very convenient.
Komekn, you go explain tire

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:02am On Aug 25, 2023
Evidence no dey.

Toylove:

Komekn, you go explain tire
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 9:41am On Aug 25, 2023
joxxy01:
With Alex Iwobi out injured, I think this is Nwakali time to show that he is the best.
yeah. He is definitely getting an invite.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 10:01am On Aug 25, 2023
Amedino99:
yeah. He is definitely getting an invite.
Let's hope so...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nwamazi8: 10:09am On Aug 25, 2023
joxxy01:

Not just Nwakali, the Sao Tome game and hopefully any available friendly matches would be our perfect chance to test out new midfielders cause even regulars like Ndidi, Onyeka and Aribo are too injury prone and unreliable these days. I hope whomever the coach is will invite new faces like Onyedika, Eletu, Samson Tijani, Ebenezer Akinsanmiro, Divine Nwachukwu and of course Nwakali. We can afford to test out these new guys in a glorified friendly match against Sao Tome of all teams.

Time to start building some depth in that midfield cause world cup qualifiers will be tough, and we can't leave anything to chance especially with our current unreliable midfield quartet of Ndidi, Onyeka, Aribo and Iwobi.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:33am On Aug 25, 2023
Nwamazi8:

Not just Nwakali, the Sao Tome game and hopefully any available friendly matches would be our perfect chance to test out new midfielders cause even regulars like Ndidi, Onyeka and Aribo are too injury prone and unreliable these days. I hope whomever the coach is will invite new faces like Onyedika, Eletu, Samson Tijani, Ebenezer Akinsanmiro, Divine Nwachukwu and of course Nwakali. We can afford to test out these new guys in a glorified friendly match against Sao Tome of all teams.

Time to start building some depth in that midfield cause world cup qualifiers will be tough, and we can't leave anything to chance especially with our current unreliable midfield quartet of Ndidi, Onyeka, Aribo and Iwobi.
u forgot to add Onazi,ajagun and ajilore
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nwamazi8: 10:53am On Aug 25, 2023
charlesemeka85:
u forgot to add Onazi,ajagun and ajilore
Your own take on this sub-forum na to dey disparage the opinion of others, not that your contributions are any more intelligent. If Ndidi, Onyeka and Aribo are injured (which is a high possibility given their injury records)

Which other midfield options do we have other than the ones I listed? You have the floor to name your perfect list.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 11:03am On Aug 25, 2023
Nwamazi8:

Your own take on this sub-forum na to dey disparage the opinion of others, not that your contributions are any more intelligent. If Ndidi, Onyeka and Aribo are injured (which is a high possibility given their injury records)

Which other midfield options do we have other than the ones I listed? You have the floor to name your perfect list.

To be honest with you even when they are available they are mediocre. Only Ndidi and iwobi is really above average.
onyeka and aribo cannot really win a midfield battle.
Anyway i suggest we should try fisayo dele bashiru in midfield (at least he is getting regular game time in turkey)
Also in the world cup qualifiers and friendlies we should try daniel daga as a dm.
he seems impressive.
Dont listen to people like him who cannot come up with solutions.
Raphael onyedica might be better than this aribo and onyea but people again will not listen.
as per aribo he is better off as a winger in a 4 4 2 formation or as a support strier.
The problem is that Aribo is not really a midfilder. More of a support striker or winger who can play in midfield some times.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:05am On Aug 25, 2023
This better not be true.

He's the new Shaibu Amodu now abi? πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nwamazi8: 11:25am On Aug 25, 2023
Philosopher1979:

To be honest with you even when they are available they are mediocre. Only Ndidi and iwobi is really above average.
onyeka and aribo cannot really win a midfield battle.
Anyway i suggest we should try fisayo dele bashiru in midfield (at least he is getting regular game time in turkey)
Also in the world cup qualifiers and friendlies we should try daniel daga as a dm.
he seems impressive.
Dont listen to people like him who cannot come up with solutions.
Raphael onyedica might be better than this aribo and onyea but people again will not listen.
as per aribo he is better off as a winger in a 4 4 2 formation or as a support strier.
The problem is that Aribo is not really a midfilder. More of a support striker or winger who can play in midfield some times.

My brother I tire for that guy, I'll bet on anything that he won't come up with a better list than mine which is a consensus list for the average Nigerian fan.

I even forgot Fisayo Dele Bashiru, I reckon his brother is also getting on well at Watford. Even Obinna Nwobodo is doing well in the MLS. It's obvious we aren't spoiled for options in midfield, we're blessed in attack and slightly above average in defence (if the likes of Jordan Torunarigha and Adarabioyo join the team)...but we're hopelessly poor in midfield if we take out Iwobi and Ndidi. Daga was courted by Watford and I've always liked his game.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:37am On Aug 25, 2023
BOLUWATIFE OGUNGBAYI keep an eye on this kid

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:08pm On Aug 25, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Very funny to saying Kelechi Nwakali believe in hype. That shows how you can be off facts when talking football. Do you know Kelechi Nwakali personally to make such careless remark.

Kelechi Nwakali went to Huesca and then Ponferradina. Does this look like a guy who feels hyped? It shows humility. Tell another lie.

You are trying to turn white to black and red to blue, you are beyond redemption with your misinformation and disinformation.

This is humility in your definition, on arrival at Huesca Nwakali was shipped out on loan (too poor quality) . Yo add insult to injury,they couldn't wait to get rid of him tried to end his contract prematurely illegally. In addition he was the second to lowest paid player at Huesca.

He then goes to an even lower club than Huesca, which was Ponferradina a near bankrupt club. He is so good in the Segunda division nobody wanted him. But according to many here he was the best Midfielder in the Segunda division.

He now goes to an even poorer club for less wages in the name of Chavez FC .This is a club Enyimba will flog comprehensively.

And in your definition this is humility.

You can't change the facts to suit your FALSE narrative.

Nwakali has been poor quality and that's why he is surrounded by very poorly paid and low quality players like himself in Chavez FC

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nwamazi8: 12:09pm On Aug 25, 2023
maidaboi:
BOLUWATIFE OGUNGBAYI keep an eye on this kid
I caught some highlight glimpse of him yesterday and the kid was superb for Slavia Prague, also gave an assist for one of the goals...I was over the moon when I saw a Nigerian midfielder, young as well balling. I hope our national team handlers are watching, get the young bloods in and start bedding them in before the AFCON and next world cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:15pm On Aug 25, 2023
superbloke:

Very convenient.

Jordan Ibe dud very well at Liverpool but as soon as he left it went down hill at Bournemouth. But not sure why his name is mentioned. I know him and he has NEVER been interested in playing for Nigeria.

VO. was injured for his entire time at Wolfsburg. Do you know he once played a game for the first team and was sent afterwards back to academy football.

Our own SE Coach said he was not good enough and ready for the SE. So why are you misrepresentating the facts to suit your own self birthed narrative.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:16pm On Aug 25, 2023
komekn:

You are trying to turn white to black and red to blue, you are beyond redemption with your misinformation and disinformation.

This is humility in your definition, on arrival at Huesca Nwakali was shipped out on loan (too poor quality) . Yo add insult to injury,they couldn't wait to get rid of him tried to end his contract prematurely illegally. In addition he was the second to lowest paid player at Huesca.

He then goes to an even lower club than Huesca, which was Ponferradina a near bankrupt club. He is so good in the Segunda division nobody wanted him. But according to many here he was the best Midfielder in the Segunda division.

He now goes to an even poorer club for less wages in the name of Chavez FC .This is a club Enyimba will flog comprehensively.

Nwakali has been poor quality and that's why he is surrounded by very poorly paid and low quality players like himself in Chavez FC

You are just jumping in circles. You blatantly lied that Kelechi Nwakali believes in his hype. There is no proof of that if he has repeatedly preferred to go to small clubs to help build himself. He is willing to take low pay, despite even being better than players in his team.

That is humility and not believing in hype.

Also, a player being sent out of a club does not mean poor quality. Chuba Akpom fell down the ladder, it did not mean he was poor quality.

Think of a better lie.

Finito.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:16pm On Aug 25, 2023
joxxy01:

This is the time to look at a plethora of quality Nigerian Midfielders who are way Better than him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:18pm On Aug 25, 2023
komekn:

Jordan Ibe dud very well at Liverpool but as soon as he left it went down hill at Bournemouth. But not sure why his name is mentioned. I know him and he has NEVER been interested in playing for Nigeria.

VO. was injured for his entire time at Wolfsburg. Do you know he once played a game for the first team and was sent afterwards back to academy football.

Our own SE Coach said he was not good enough and ready for the SE. So why are you misrepresentating the facts to suit your own self birthed narrative.

Victor Osimhen being sent out of the team does not mean poor quality. Mourinho sent out De Bruyne from Chelsea, from your false idea, you will say De Bruyne was a poor player at Chelsea.

Think of a better lie.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:19pm On Aug 25, 2023
komekn:

This is the time to look at a plethora of quality Nigerian Midfielders who are way Better than him.

You always have the talk without a list.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:19pm On Aug 25, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

You are just jumping in circles. You blatantly lied that Kelechi Nwakali believes in his hype. There is no proof of that if he has repeatedly preferred to go to small clubs to help build himself. He is willing to take low pay, despite even being better than players in his team.

That is humility and not believing in hype.

Also, a player being sent out of a club does not mean poor quality. Chuba Akpom fell down the ladder, it did not mean he was poor quality.

Think of a better lie.

Finito.

I don't know Nwakali AT ALL , so how can I say I know what he thinks πŸ€”

He takes LOW PAY because that's all he is being offered LOW PAY for LOW QUALITY PLAYER

He has no choice in the matter . He must accept what he is offered.

At the TIME Chuba was disappointingly poor at that TIME.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:21pm On Aug 25, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Victor Osimhen being sent out of the team does not mean poor quality. Mourinho sent out De Bruyne from Chelsea, from your false idea, you will say De Bruyne was a poor player at Chelsea.

Think of a better lie.

Nwakali is not De Bruyne and or VO.

So stop making nonsensical comparison propositions.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:21pm On Aug 25, 2023
komekn:

I don't know Nwakali AT ALL , so how can I say I know what he thinks πŸ€”

He takes LOW PAY because that's all he is being offered LOW PAY for LOW QUALITY PLAYER

He has no choice in the matter . He must accept what he is offered.

So stop ranting as if you have an idea of what is in the player's mind. He is willing to take low pay because he is working on building himself. That is a clear sign of humility. He was definitely better than Ponferradina but went there and excelled.

Screaming low quality player will not turn him low-quality. You screamed the same for Sadiq Umar, Osimhen and others, and they still proved you have no idea about them.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 12:22pm On Aug 25, 2023
komekn:

i am not an expert but
(1) Chaves came 7th last season. That is encouraging and not poor
(2) The Portuguese league is better than the spanish second division.
(3) Since 20016 they have been in the Portuguese first division

A team lie this in a respectable league cannot be described as poor.
i mean perfomance of a team is just not by one or two matches but over time .
The portugues league has produced ronaldo figo rui costa diogo jota
The league has even won the champions league and benfica recently defeated arsenal.
to come 7th in such a league demands respect

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:22pm On Aug 25, 2023
komekn:

Giving you a case scenario is not comparison. It is showing you that dropping a player does not mean low quality. I thought that was easy to comprehend. Where you saw comparison beats me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nwamazi8: 12:42pm On Aug 25, 2023
Some people here are good at condemning but never offer their own solutions. You say Nwakali is bad blah blah blah, well nobody is saying Nwakali is the second coming of Kevin De Bruyne, but is he technically gifted enough to offer something different in our current Eagles team? Of course he can without a doubt! if you think otherwise then why not give us your own perfect list of "world class" midfielders out there who can offer any better?

I don't think most Nigerian fans realize the enormity of how fuccked we are if Iwobi and maybe Ndidi are out, especially Iwobi...he's the ONLY creative engine we have from that midfield and if we don't start trying out new players now, then it could get worse. That's why we have to stop the deceit and hand call ups to the likes of Eletu, Daga, Bashiru brother's etc

Every National team is improving and getting better now, including the so called minnow teams ( we saw how we struggled against Sierra Leone and Guinea Bissau) with that weak midfield, Ndidi was tossed and bossed around like he was some old man on one leg...that's how bad it is. We can talk about all this plethora of world class strikers we have, but without a solid midfield...we're just a Ferrari from the front and a Keke maruwa from the back.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 12:51pm On Aug 25, 2023
komekn:

There was a caught 😹😹

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:59pm On Aug 25, 2023
Oshare abeg give us insider info. Which of the UK based boys really want to play for us?

komekn:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:02pm On Aug 25, 2023
Nwamazi8:
Some people here are good at condemning but never offer their own solutions. You say Nwakali is bad blah blah blah, well nobody is saying Nwakali is the second coming of Kevin De Bruyne, but is he technically gifted enough to offer something different in our current Eagles team? Of course he can without a doubt! if you think otherwise then why not give us your own perfect list of "world class" midfielders out there who can offer any better?

I don't think most Nigerian fans realize the enormity of how fuccked we are if Iwobi and maybe Ndidi are out, especially Iwobi...he's the ONLY creative engine we have from that midfield and if we don't start trying out new players now, then it could get worse. That's why we have to stop the deceit and hand call ups to the likes of Eletu, Daga, Bashiru brother's etc

Every National team is improving and getting better now, including the so called minnow teams ( we saw how we struggled against Sierra Leone and Guinea Bissau) with that weak midfield, Ndidi was tossed and bossed around like he was some old man on one leg...that's how bad it is. We can talk about all this plethora of world class strikers we have, but without a solid midfield...we're just a Ferrari from the front and a Keke maruwa from the back.
Sir Mazi,I said it here that Kelechi Nwakili performance will do the talking not special skill set and good he is in the right place that he cannot be overlooked.All he need his simple,first team play cuz we don’t even have top class midefieders.Aribo and Ndidi are in championship so what are we talking about.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:33pm On Aug 25, 2023
komekn:

Ibe didn't do any "very well" at Liverpool..he was crap.. one fine showing in preseason gave him an opportunity with the first team, but nothing came out of it... When Sterling left for City, Ibe was heavily tipped to replace him due to their similarity in play... Klopp came in and gave him game time..the type of game time Osimhen didn't get at Wolfsburg...he was crap and was sold off ASAP

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:57pm On Aug 25, 2023
Honestly the nerve of him! 4 goals in 119 EPL league games is his definition of 'he did well'

Small time he'll be shouting mental health as if Nwakali, Sadiq Umar, Osimhen are robots abi!?

Danielnino00:

Ibe didn't do any "very well" at Liverpool..he was crap.. one fine showing in preseason gave him an opportunity with the first team, but nothing came out of it... When Sterling left for City, Ibe was heavily tipped to replace him due to their similarity in play... Klopp came in and gave him game time..the type of game time Osimhen didn't get at Wolfsburg...he was crap and was sold off ASAP

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:05pm On Aug 25, 2023
chrisooblog:
Honestly the nerve of him! 4 goals in 119 EPL league games is his definition of 'he did well'

Small time he'll be shouting mental health as if Nwakali, Sadiq Umar, Osimhen are robots abi!?

Why do you guys usually engage that guy on this topic

I just don't get it. Are you expecting better or what?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14924) (14925) (14926) (14927) (14928) (14929) (14930) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mrwilliams9, geonyte(m), Kingjite1 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.