Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,091 members, 7,811,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11601297 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15147) (15148) (15149) (15150) (15151) (15152) (15153) ... (16123) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 6:48pm On Oct 16, 2023
[quote author=Tobichimezie post=126441511]Uzoho
Sadiq
Peseiro

E go no better for una papa, useless clowns.

Every passionate Nigerian football fan on here has to join me in writing a petition to ban Uzoho from the SE before the AFCON starts, if you love your nation and want the best for your team please PM me. Football is the ONLY thing that brings us together in this fractured nation and I won't allow junks like Uzoho and his baby-daddy Peseiro to ruin my happiness for me.

Gbamsolutely. We need to put pressure on nff. Seriously uzoho is a disaster.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:49pm On Oct 16, 2023
MetalJigsaw:
The one reason JP is our coach is his skin colour

Because he is compliant to all suggestions without question ❓ from his paymasters in the NFF who probably share his salary with him .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:52pm On Oct 16, 2023
Tobichimezie:
Sadiq is utterly brainless, my goodness

If I said this hmmm 🤔

They will say he HATES Nigeria players from Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 6:54pm On Oct 16, 2023
If Only JP subbed the GK.. It really seems we are stuck on Uzhorror.

Bro he is really UZHORROR. Bleep JP
Bleep NFF
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 7:01pm On Oct 16, 2023
skallion7:
You've no right to say a player is not fit for the team, when you're know as promoting a mediocre player like nwakali. Guy you're a shameless mtchheew
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 7:11pm On Oct 16, 2023
Tobichimezie:
Uzoho
Sadiq
Peseiro

E go no better for una papa, useless clowns.

Every passionate Nigerian football fan on here has to join me in writing a petition to ban Uzoho from the SE before the AFCON starts, if you love your nation and want the best for your team please PM me. Football is the ONLY thing that brings us together in this fractured nation and I won't allow junks like Uzoho and his baby-daddy Peseiro to ruin my happiness for me.

Start an online petition.... Bring it here let's all sign it and promote it..

By all means, Uzoho should not be allowed to go to the Nation's Cup..

Our present crop of strikers efforts should not be wasted angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:15pm On Oct 16, 2023
you can say this now, and nobody go drag you.. He has been out of from since his long term injury. why the invitation?

komekn:

If I said this hmmm 🤔

They will say he HATES Nigeria players from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:16pm On Oct 16, 2023
you go pay money oh.. no credits given for the bolded grin
villagereporter:
If Only JP subbed the GK.. It really seems we are stuck on Uzhorror.

Bro he is really UZHORROR. Bleep JP
Bleep NFF
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:17pm On Oct 16, 2023
Chai I don miss cheesy

Where I fit see full game replay please?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:21pm On Oct 16, 2023
Wait, I thought we lost. What is all this curses and tears I am seeing.

grin Chai this thread
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:25pm On Oct 16, 2023
Odunayaw:

grin Chai this thread

Awa3world number one goalie shine, that why dem dey vex say why e go use almighty Moza shines
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:25pm On Oct 16, 2023
I don't really understand Moffi. At Nice, world class. At National team, he looks like an amateur! First 4 minutes the keeper cleared the ball to you in the 18 yard box, a professional striker will control, touch and either shoot or pass to a free Aribo. Instead Moffi controlled the ball and reverse back to shoot like an amateur. 😒 We call it "Yidi" in Yoruba. You are not even allowed to do that at the lowest level of amateur football not to talk of a striker playing at the top level. Moffi and Sadiq should just go and rest. Let Paserio invite Tella to challenge Chukwueze. An attack of Osimhen, Awo, Iheanacho and Boniface is good enough.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:27pm On Oct 16, 2023
do4luv14:

Awa3world number one goalie shine, that why dem dey vex say why e go use almighty Moza shines
Uzoho stank again? Ah make that guy go retreat for Mountain of Fire o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joxxy01(m): 7:33pm On Oct 16, 2023
Of a truth ehn our goalie does not inspire confidence in that defence
I dont buy the idea that we are stucked.. it is not too late to get the best from our league at list and try him in the wc qualifier.. uzoho can stil cost of 3 point against lesotho, yes that is what he is good at.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:34pm On Oct 16, 2023
Marjoribanks:
I don't really understand Moffi. At Nice, world class. At National team, he looks like an amateur! First 4 minutes the keeper cleared the ball to you in the 18 yard box, a professional striker will control, touch and either shoot or pass to a free Aribo. Instead Moffi controlled the ball and reverse back to shoot like an amateur. 😒 We call it "Yidi" in Yoruba. You are not even allowed to do that at the lowest level of amateur football not to talk of a striker playing at the top level. Moffi and Sadiq should just go and rest. Let Paserio invite Tella to challenge Chukwueze. An attack of Osimhen, Awo, Iheanacho and Boniface is good enough.

Are u sure it was moffi ….I tot it was aribo o

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:34pm On Oct 16, 2023
This here is the problem. Why invite a player clearly still finding form and match sharpness again after a long term injury? The Sadiq Invite was ill-thought and suggests again that Jpes isn't doing a proper job of following our lads.

Akor Adams is there. Even a currently struggling Gift Orban would have been better than a coming-back-from-injury out-of-sorts Sadiq at this point.

It's not like Sadiq's slot was going to a main striker in the team so where was the wisdom in skipping Adams?

Joebie:
you can say this now, and nobody go drag you.. He has been out of from since his long term injury. why the invitation?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:43pm On Oct 16, 2023
Odunayaw:
Uzoho stank again? Ah make that guy go retreat for Mountain of Fire o

Na awa numero uno, you dey talk about, like dis, bros lespet yasef ooo 😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:48pm On Oct 16, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
This here is the problem. Why invite a player clearly still finding form and match sharpness again after a long term injury? The Sadiq Invite was ill-thought and suggests again that Jpes isn't doing a proper job of following our lads.

Akor Adams is there. Even a currently struggling Gift Orban would have been better than a coming-back-from-injury out-of-sorts Sadiq at this point.

It's not like Sadiq's slot was going to a main striker in the team so where was the wisdom in skipping Adams?

that invite would hv been more deserving if it was given to Akor Adams

Sadiq is still rusty and not too long ago returned from a serious injury

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 7:51pm On Oct 16, 2023
Odunayaw:

grin Chai this thread
If the scores no be handball scores, we no go dey alright. But nna men, Uzoho no try with the first goal wey im concede grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:54pm On Oct 16, 2023
Injury knocks out Osimhen from 2026 World Cup qualifiers

Victor Osimhen will most likely miss next month’s 2026 World Cup qualifiers against Lesotho and Zimbabwe after he suffered a second degree hamstring injury on international duty.

Reports from Italy said the injury the Napoli striker suffered while playing against Saudi Arabia in a friendly in Portugal Friday will rule him out of action for between four and six weeks.

The World Cup qualifiers are scheduled from November 13, just about the time he will likely begin rehabilitation from this latest injury setback.

Osimhen left the Super Eagles training camp Sunday to return to Italy after a scan was done on the injury.

He will also miss Serie A matches against Verona, Milan, Salernitana and Empoli as well as the UEFA Champions League trip to Union Berlin.

In November 2020, Osimhen was sidelined for several weeks after he dislocated his shoulder playing for the Super Eagles against Sierra Leone in Benin City.

Source: Score Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 7:58pm On Oct 16, 2023
Odunayaw:

grin Chai this thread
Highlights don.dey already for YouTube. For me, besides Uzoho's blunder, I saw a lot of positives that can be built upon in my opinion. I hope JP learns from the errors and am looking forward to the next games. While I understand his backing of Uzoho, I think enough is enough.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:02pm On Oct 16, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

If the scores no be handball scores, we no go dey alright. But nna men, Uzoho no try with the first goal wey im concede grin
I just watched the clip. I had no strength to shout, I just de laugh.

There's at least 2 months worth of NPFL games for Peseiro to watch. I take God beg am

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:03pm On Oct 16, 2023
Hoping he recovers in time before AFCON. He can't afford to miss a second consecutive tourney.

TheSuperNerd:

Victor Osimhen will most likely miss next month’s 2026 World Cup qualifiers against Lesotho and Zimbabwe after he suffered a second degree hamstring injury on international duty.

Reports from Italy said the injury the Napoli striker suffered while playing against Saudi Arabia in a friendly in Portugal Friday will rule him out of action for between four and six weeks.

The World Cup qualifiers are scheduled from November 13, just about the time he will likely begin rehabilitation from this latest injury setback.

Osimhen left the Super Eagles training camp Sunday to return to Italy after a scan was done on the injury.

He will also miss Serie A matches against Verona, Milan, Salernitana and Empoli as well as the UEFA Champions League trip to Union Berlin.

In November 2020, Osimhen was sidelined for several weeks after he dislocated his shoulder playing for the Super Eagles against Sierra Leone in Benin City.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:03pm On Oct 16, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

Chai! Not at this time tensions remain at Naples.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 8:03pm On Oct 16, 2023
Odunayaw:
I just watched the clip. I had no strength to shout, I just de laugh.

There's at least 2 months worth of NPFL games for Peseiro to watch. I take God beg am
Link please.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:04pm On Oct 16, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Highlights don.dey already for YouTube. For me, besides Uzoho's blunder, I saw a lot of positives that can be built upon in my opinion. I hope JP learns from the errors and am looking forward to the next games. While I understand his backing of Uzoho, I think enough is enough.
I saw we played a 433 today. Clearly shows JP isn't a dinosaur as armchair coaches will have us believe. But omooo back go break if JP keeps backing Uzoho

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 8:07pm On Oct 16, 2023
Odunayaw:
I saw we played a 433 today. Clearly shows JP isn't a dinosaur as armchair coaches will have us believe. But omooo back go break if JP keeps backing Uzoho
Absolutely, there has to be a point where enough has to be enough.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:07pm On Oct 16, 2023
Lol... He played 433/4231 in the first half and till 60mins or so but went right back to 442 with his changes. The man will rather die on the altar of 442. 🤣🤣

You never sabi Peseiro. He is indeed a dinosaur.

Odunayaw:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:11pm On Oct 16, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
England Missed a plot there. Lampard and Gerrard could feature in the same XI. Their predominantly 442 setup back then was the reason it didn't work.

They are too similar in thier playing style that it will cause conflict in the bream cohesion.

That's why they NEVER really played together.

It's means you create gaps in the team structure and that will make you loose games.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:13pm On Oct 16, 2023
chuks404:
Is that our coaches don't see? Sadiq should never ever be invited. That guy is very clueless.

I talked about Sadiq years ago in the most uncomplimentary term's, from his time at Rangers and then at the last AFCON he was disgraceful then.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:15pm On Oct 16, 2023
I am not watching Senegal vs Cameroun but I can see that Senegal just scored from my match notifications and I know as well that Emeka's GK, Onana is in goal for Cameroun.

Wahala no dey finish.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:18pm On Oct 16, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (15147) (15148) (15149) (15150) (15151) (15152) (15153) ... (16123) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: charlesemeka85(m), Kog45(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.