Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11738950 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15251) (15252) (15253) (15254) (15255) (15256) (15257) ... (16176) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 5:07am On Nov 17, 2023
kodded:
Akpom of Ajax has been on a goal scoring form but somehow this coach deem him surplus to the team

I miss Rohr sad

😎😎
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daninya33: 5:54am On Nov 17, 2023
WHEN LAST DID SUPER EAGLES IMPRESS YOU?

This isn't about projecting the image of any coach or doing a public relations stuff for any as there is no vacancy in the technical crew of the team as we speak.

It's my personal view which you're free to counter or disagree with. You're also expected to present your position and why.

Personally the last time I watched Super Eagles play the kind of football I love and was satisfied with the team's performance was under coach Samson Yebowei Siasia.

Yes he didn't spend much time with the team as he was fired but each time I watched his team irrespective of the category or age grade, I was not only impressed but satisfied seeing a true Nigerian team play This equally goes with the Rio Olympics third place match against Honduras. It ended 3-2. It was just one of those fantastic moments Siasia.

Before this game, I have been a fan of Siasia's style of coaching. He utilizes the strength and skills of the average Nigerian player in his formations and patterns. He allows the individual player to display his talent fully while ensuring that teamwork is the ultimate goal.

Siasia's teams always display confidence, finesse and hunger to win. Little wonder in the few competitions or tournaments he led Nigerian teams to, he won a medal irrespective of the colour.

When Siasia's team plays you can relax even when the team is under pressure because you know the players have the capacity to turnaround the game. His teams show the real Nigerian spirit of doggedness.

I must say that eversince Siasia last handled any Nigerian team, I have managed to watch our games especially those of the Super Eagles with my heart literally on my lips.

No finesse, no purpose, no skills, no cohesion, no teamwork and no fighting spirit. Our teams have always been flat, empty and very ordinary. You can imagine Lesotho captain sounding a clear warning before the game that they are in Uyo to win...not for joke. That's how bad Super Eagles have been over the years.

From Gernot Rohr to Austin Eguavoen down to Jose Peseiro, we have seen Super Eagles team that struggle to win every game aside the record scoreline of 10-0 against Sao Tome and Principe.

The fans want to see a team with cohesion, a team with a clear vision, pattern and a team with a well orchestrated plan and predictable move to score a goal. A team with players complimenting each other.

Super Eagles in recent times score by stroke of luck or errors of the opponents. You hardly see a coordinated move that could lead to a goal. No mercurial player who could conjure up a magic. No team-play from defence to midfield to attack leading to a goal.

As we commence the World Cup qualifiers with this very poor 1-1 draw with Lesotho perhaps we should simply be satisfied with three points or a win irrespective of how the victory is secured anytime such happens. We should not focus on quality play rather go grab the points and qualify. Too bad but it is what it is.

One then wonders where all the coaching technics and tactics had gone or their usefulness.

© DESMOND EKWUEME

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 6:31am On Nov 17, 2023
Kog45:
I listened to Peseiro post match media talk with journalists and I want to say we are on a long thing

Jpajero is a MADMAN, too arrogant, stiff necked, proud and slowpoke. He was asked a simple question and d mad man was reeling out statistics as if to satisfy some invincible backer instead of him to take responsibility.

It SHALL NEVER BE WELL WITH JPAJERO AND HIS BACKERS IN THE GLASS HOUSE. MAY AMADIOHA STRIKE ALL OF THEM.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 6:57am On Nov 17, 2023
caprikon:
This SE team ain't winning the upcoming AFCON with the current frailties of the team.

JP needs to give the impression that he is actually building something...

I think eye don begin clear for everybody!

The super optimists or better still illusionists can continue in their path.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:03am On Nov 17, 2023
Victor Boniface is already feeling like a boss. Lol an attitude we have never seen from a player like Osimhen? Lol someone should wake him up because he isn't that man yet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 7:35am On Nov 17, 2023
caprikon:
This SE team ain't winning the upcoming AFCON with the current frailties of the team.

JP needs to give the impression that he is actually building something...

With the caliber of players we have any good coach will hit the ground running

This Peseiro absolutely have nothing to offer

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:51am On Nov 17, 2023
Bannedlargedx2:
This team has had Amodu, keshi, siasia, eguavoen, laagaback, Rohr, Vogts, salisu, Amokachi, Peseiro and it’s always the same result with the exception of “keshi 2013” I’m pretty sure that, hiring mourinho, wenger or pep will not provide us Joy. The clear denominator in this case is the Fans and players. The fans have exaggerated the player’s capabilities and always have unreasonable expectations while the players aren’t as good as the fans believe they’re Good. It’s time for everyone to just accept reality. Just enjoy your average team without unreasonable expectations and you go Dey Ok
All I see is trash in your post. The most expensive black National team is Nigeria. The team with the highest number of players plying their trade in European top five league is the SE.

Just Terrem Moffi alone would be a king in any average african team.

I'm not saying we have world class players (except for Victor). But what else do we need if these crop of players can not dominate in Africa.

Any grade B or even C coach will give Nigerians joy with this set of players... You seem not aware of the fact that other African teams are envious of our wealth in forwards.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:02am On Nov 17, 2023
ChrisKels:
Victor Boniface is already feeling like a boss. Lol an attitude we have never seen from a player like Osimhen? Lol someone should wake him up because he isn't that man yet.
I thought I was the only one who noticed this in yesterdays game

Na wetin too much hype dey cause 🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 8:03am On Nov 17, 2023
I agree JPes is below average and he obviously has nothing to offer. I will rather have SiaOne as our Coach than that portuguese Eguavoen.

We also need to stop fooling ourselves, most of the players too are overrated. If indeed our players are top-class, nothing would stopped them from pummeling a fuckin Lesotho even without a Coach.

Ffs! These Players are getting trained and managed by foreigners at their respective clubs! I couldn't watch beyond first half coz I didn't see a team playing to score, rather a team entertaining their selves with useless passes like nothing is at stake!

If we don't want to miss out again at next world cup, JPes must go and large number of players need to be replaced.

Give local lads chance to prove their selves. We have seen enough of foreign based and nothing is spectacular. Last time we won an AFCON, its made by local Coach and local Players.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 8:10am On Nov 17, 2023
Barryseal:

They weren't playing in top leagues in the first place, yet they played the best football any Nigeria team have played since 94.
The national team platform should have helped them get there.
if that match can not help them to get their career on track nothing else will.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 8:15am On Nov 17, 2023
Oasis007:
I agree JPes is below average and he obviously has nothing to offer. I will rather have SiaOne as our Coach than that portuguese Eguavoen.

We also need to stop fooling ourselves, most of the players too are overrated. If indeed our players are top-class, nothing would stopped them from pummeling a fuckin Lesotho even without a Coach.

Ffs! These Players are getting trained and managed by foreigners at their respective clubs! I couldn't watch beyond first half coz I didn't see a team playing to score, rather a team entertaining their selves with useless passes like nothing is at stake!

If we don't want to miss out again at next world cup, JPes must go and large number of players need to be replaced.

Give local lads chance to prove their selves. We have seen enough of foreign based and nothing is spectacular. Last time we won an AFCON, its made by local Coach and local Players.
your last statement wouldn't have been funny if the local players didn't flunk their own custom made afcon qualifier while being coached by a local coach.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:16am On Nov 17, 2023
charlesemeka85:
I thought I was the only one who noticed this in yesterdays game

Na wetin too much hype dey cause 🤣🤣
No be una dey talk say Leverkusen na our team now….
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 8:25am On Nov 17, 2023
Amedino99:
if that match can not help them to get their career on track nothing else will.
Lesotho rolled into town with players from Bantu FC and here you are thinking you need Real Madrid players to defeat them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 8:32am On Nov 17, 2023
MetalJigsaw:
Nigeria to win @ 1.12 odd, the smallest on my ticket denied me of winning 144k this night😥

The moment I saw 0-0 at half time I knew there is trouble.
First rule of betting - never put your team, club or country on your ticket. If they cut your game, na double pains.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:37am On Nov 17, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 8:38am On Nov 17, 2023
Portugal trashed super eagles 4 nil

The last time the Eagles played well was the 1 nil win against Egypt 2 years ago

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 8:40am On Nov 17, 2023
I am a big fan of Victor Boniface, no doubt, but I remember someone on this thread once said...

Victor Boniface is better than Victor Osimhen...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 9:22am On Nov 17, 2023
Barryseal:

Lesotho rolled into town with players from Bantu FC and here you are thinking you need Real Madrid players to defeat them.
their bantu fc players are the reason they have never qualified for the world cup nor the afcon. Their banku fc players is the reason they are currently ranked 153 out of 207 countries. Freak results like this happens. It's football. No dey gas below mid players abeg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 9:26am On Nov 17, 2023
Good morning my brethren. In my opinion, we need to give the players more stick as it is?

Why can't Ademola lukman square that ball for an easy tap in??

The other tap in, why can't Awoniyi score empty net?

Senior man hit the post, but there was another one I thought he could hit first time, on his best foot, yet still tryna dribble.

Why are we so deficient in set piece, our two center backs are quite taller than all the crocodiles I saw yesterday, yet were sleeping

I'd also expected to see Tella, no nothing.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 123jamessmith: 9:46am On Nov 17, 2023
One player that has not really be playing well, when he wear the Super Eagle jersey is Taiwo Awoniyi. That guy has not really been fantastic with the Super Eagle. He play nothing in the Afcon. He has not really been convincing. Please who in those thread can tell me the match Taiwo Awoniyi really play well for Nigeria.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bossto(m): 10:31am On Nov 17, 2023
The two solutions:

1. Sack the coach
2. Stone the keeper😂

Copied

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:08am On Nov 17, 2023
MetalJigsaw:
All I see is trash in your post. The most expensive black National team is Nigeria. The team with the highest number of players plying their trade in European top five league is the SE.

Just Terrem Moffi alone would be a king in any average african team.

I'm not saying we have world class players (except for Victor). But what else do we need if these crop of players can not dominate in Africa.

Any grade B or even C coach will give Nigerians joy with this set of players... You seem not aware of the fact that other African teams are envious of our wealth in forwards.

The problem with some here is what we say in Yoruba "eni to ba sọrọ ju, a shi ọrọ sọ" (if you talk too much, you'd missyarn)

If we swap our 11 with SA, these same folks will wee their shorts if we play them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:10am On Nov 17, 2023
Oasis007:

And the local lads and coach have been so spectacular in CHAN abi

It's enough to point the issues because some of the "way forward" y'all put out here is worse than the NFF y'all want to crucify.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 11:11am On Nov 17, 2023
I’m sorry for any fan who think we can take any positives from this match.

It’s just a shame what i saw yesterday we still haven’t learned
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:16am On Nov 17, 2023
Those bringing home based agenda into this are not different from NFF TBH.

The same set of players that couldn't qualify for CHAN. WAFU nko? nothing to show.

Na wa for you people o

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 11:18am On Nov 17, 2023
I think the caption of this thread befits the Super Falcons more than any other football team (male/female). Really proud of their world cup performance and hope they can build on it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ThunderFireAgba: 11:43am On Nov 17, 2023
joelsteron:
To be very honest Peseiro is given we Nigerians the attacking and entertaining football we have been asking for. I will blame the mediocre, selfish and wasteful attackers in front of goal.
Nobody should blame JP please. As for uzoho I don't know what to say anymore. cool
Attacking football? When they cannot break into the 18yrd box of the Lesotho team? Passing side ways and diagonally?
These are players that play in top tier teams in Europe o! And can't hold their ground in their home.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 11:47am On Nov 17, 2023
In an act to sell his podcast, Mikel obi has become something else entirely..
Like what is wrong with this young man?. With the amount of money he made, couple with current exchange rate, he should be doing a whole lot more for his family and extended fam, instead of telling the whole world that they are pest
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 11:54am On Nov 17, 2023
Don't get me wrong, family members and extended fam, can be extremely annoying to you as a bread winner, it's your choice to help or not to, but putting them under the bus in the internet is wrong..

What would someone like mane of sengal say?
This man built schools, hospitals etc for his village and didn't glut about it, but because Mikel is helping his family, he deems it fit to insult them... Rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 12:11pm On Nov 17, 2023
elyte89:
Name= Nigeria
Expectations= Brazil
Performance= Asante Kotoko

😀😀😀😀😀
okay this funny 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ThunderFireAgba: 12:33pm On Nov 17, 2023
Monsignor22:
Get in Amuneke fast and give him EVERY damn support he will need to navigate this team through our murky qualifiers, good thing is that we aren't facing South Africa anytime soon so we can still salvage our fate and qualify as the second best team.

But you see Peseiro? that guy na standard bastard, the idiot looks more like a gay pi.mp from the 90's than an actual coach. Its moments like this that I miss Rohr, he wasn't your fancy everyday coach, but he knew how to beat minnow teams professionally especially in qualifiers.
You don't know that guy na sweet mouth talker? grin grin
Na so Pinnick dey praise am for TV last year or so; as the guy na analyse our matches for AFCON 2021 with video experts... dey tell Pinnick e suppose go like this and that. cheesy
And Pinnick believe am with him sweet mouth.
Guy you see Spain, Portugal, all these Portugaese and Spaniard colonies na dem get sweet mouth pass. They can talk you believe anything you never bargained for and very cunning people also. There's nothing you will tell Pesiro about that game he will still find a way to exonerate himself. Unlike Rohr that chooses to be honest and let you know your players are average.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joelsteron: 12:38pm On Nov 17, 2023
As it is Super Eagles only need to replace Uzoho and the yeye attackers must stop selfishness and convert their goal chances. Asking for Amuneke Finidi e.t.c will not produce any magic. Read my first line carefully. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (15251) (15252) (15253) (15254) (15255) (15256) (15257) ... (16176) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.