Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,358 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11614867 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15311) (15312) (15313) (15314) (15315) (15316) (15317) ... (16128) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 8:40pm On Nov 30, 2023
So Onyedika too scored. Just saw it! Wow!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:50pm On Nov 30, 2023

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:59pm On Nov 30, 2023
5 star Super Falcons vs Cape Verde highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSm-6_VRiGQ

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 9:21pm On Nov 30, 2023
Boniface gives Leverkusen the lead!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 9:22pm On Nov 30, 2023
Victor Boniface scores

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femicyrus(m): 9:27pm On Nov 30, 2023
I wish to understand how NFF is being run.
How it is possible to employ a coach you can't pay nor sack?

I thought an employee ought to understand what the employer can pay before being hired and vice versa.
Or why are all this whte men always holding nff to ransom with their poor performance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:39pm On Nov 30, 2023
Koboko99:
Onyedika scores!!!
with less hype

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:44pm On Nov 30, 2023
charlesemeka85:
When football dey sweet

You did not add Gascoigne...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:18pm On Nov 30, 2023
Listed as a midfielder and creating assists are solely stats based. My comments was strictly based on watching them play. Aribo does more for the team while in advanced positions.

Modified
By the way, how many assists in the last 5 games?

Marjoribanks:
Your assertions here shows why you can't lace these experts shoes. Aribo best games has been as a midfielder. He was so good at it that his then coach berated him for going to Rangers instead of staying in England. Rangers played him in so many roles cos of his versatility and that became a problem at Southampton as the coaches does not really know where to play him. Aribo has created more assists playing in midfield than any of our midfielders in the last 5 games.
Bassey is good at both!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:23pm On Nov 30, 2023
If we were stacked in CB, I will pick Sanusi ans Bassy as Lb
charlesemeka85:
aside those uncapped which current super eagles LCB is better than Bassey?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:43pm On Nov 30, 2023
Come in at 77mins against 11 Men, and his side playing one man short, And he scores to draw dem level

He is Chuba Akpom.........!!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:48pm On Nov 30, 2023
do4luv14:
Come in at 77mins against 11 Men, and his side playing one man short, And he scores to draw dem level

Nice 👍
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 10:59pm On Nov 30, 2023
Chuba the man
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 10:59pm On Nov 30, 2023
do4luv14:

And next game, coach will start him from the bench simply because he wants a Dutch to get game time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:03am On Dec 01, 2023
Kog45:
. Nwakali is a Nigerian and is presently doing it in Portuguese league so he fit in when we are discussing about our midfielders cuz not that we have them special….Ndidi in championship with Leicester and Iwobi in EPL with Fulham not even in top ten club sides in EPL.

With respect, what is Nwakali doing in the Portuguese league ❓

His team is at the bottom of the league, they have won just 2 games out of 11. One of those games they won , was because there opponents had two players sent off.

When a team does well all the players share in the accolades in the same vein when a team is abysmally poor they players share in the condemnation.

The Portuguese league is rated 7th in Europe 🌍 and there is huge gulf between the bottom teams and the top teams.

I will go back to Finances there is undeniable relationship between a teams quality and the Finances used to acquire players.

Somehow Nwakali is in a worse team than he was in the Segunda Division with Ponferradina, he is earning less money.

And you imply he is doing well, that is not just exaggeration but misrepresentation and misleading.

His team Chavez FC has a weekly wage bill that is lower than a English League one team. That tells you about the quality of players in Chavez FC .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:18am On Dec 01, 2023
What is Aribo particularly good at? What does he bring to the midfield at game time??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:40am On Dec 01, 2023
komekn:

With respect, what is Nwakali doing in the Portuguese league ❓

His team is at the bottom of the league, they have won just 2 games out of 11. One of those games they won , was because there opponents had two players sent off.

When a team does well all the players share in the accolades in the same vein when a team is abysmally poor they players share in the condemnation.

The Portuguese league is rated 7th in Europe 🌍 and there is huge gulf between the bottom teams and the top teams.

I will go back to Finances there is undeniable relationship between a teams quality and the Finances used to acquire players.

Somehow Nwakali is in a worse team than he was in the Segunda Division with Ponferradina, he is earning less money.

And you imply he is doing well, that is not just exaggeration but misrepresentation and misleading.

His team Chavez FC has a weekly wage bill that is lower than a English League one team. That tells you about the quality of players in Chavez FC .
This did not answer my post.The issue here is not about Kelechi Nwakali club status,wages and salaries and Portugal league position in Europe,not even his performance.

My question,is it a sin or a taboo for someone to bring Nwakali up discussing Nigeria midfield?this was my indirect question to a post who asked why are people always bringing Nwakali up discussing Nigeria midfield.

My point,any Nigeria player has every right to be discussed here irrespective of anybody’s opinion on the said player.

If “doing it” in Portuguese league meant doing well to you then it connoted different meaning to me…in my usage in that post “doing it” meant “playing in” Portuguese league.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:49am On Dec 01, 2023
robosky02:

Like seriously we still have coaches that can match or even better Pitso

Emmanuel Amunike

Samson Siasia

Sunday Oliseh

How can Nigeria go that low to hire South African as our coach

When we naturally have it more
you’ve got jokes my brother, Amunike almost relegated his Zambian team, fired in Egypt but he’s better than a champions league winner, better wake up

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 5:20am On Dec 01, 2023
femicyrus:
I wish to understand how NFF is being run.
How it is possible to employ a coach you can't pay nor sack?

I thought an employee ought to understand what the employer can pay before being hire and vice versa.
Or why are all this whte men always holding nff to ransom with their poor performance

Bro, c en d corruption in nff is deadlier than corona virus. I find it disgusting that an employer cannot sack an employee under performing.

The question is who are the people dat drafted the contract papers. Are there no lawyer(s) in d glass house to peruse d papers b4 it was signed.

Look at Nigerian players this week, you will be proud to be a Nigerian but let them come for national duties, then they go to sleep.

Bro seriously and sincerely en, I hate to be d bearer of bad news, something is FOUNDATIONAL(LY), FUNDAMENTALLY and ADMINISTRATIVELY wrong in the glass house.

Until all of these are sorted out we will have the players but no national team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:14am On Dec 01, 2023
villagereporter:

Bro, c en d corruption in nff is deadlier than corona virus. I find it disgusting that an employer cannot sack an employee under performing.

The question is who are the people dat drafted the contract papers. Are their no lawyer(s) in d glass house to peruse d papers b4 it was signed.

Look at Nigerian players this week, you will be proud to be a Nigerian but let them come for national duties, then they go to sleep.

Bro seriously and sincerely en, I hate to be d bearer of bad news, something is FOUNDATIONAL(LY), FUNDAMENTALLY and ADMINISTRATIVELY wrong in the glass house.

Until all of these are sorted out we will have the players but no national team.
My happiest moments are when Kodjo Williams and Amaju Pinnick emerged as NFF bosses but later turned out to be my saddest.

Kodjo failed to understand that NFF is a democratic institution and his autocratic order booted him out very easily,he was impeached.

Amaju came in and I was excited but Amaju tenure was full of scams,”painting the wall of a house with poor interiors inside”that was the perfect description of Amaju led NFF.

Pls who is the present NFF president,ask Nigeria football fans,they don’t know him,that’s state of our football.

Why are we blaming the sports minister on issue he knows nothing about and even has the limitations to interfere.The man met with Peseiro to state it clearly that Nigerians are not happy and checking Peseiro contract,only way out is Peseiro himself but who prepared such contract?Amaju who we all thought understood it all.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 9:16am On Dec 01, 2023
Kog45:
My happiest moments are when Kodjo Williams and Amaju Pinnick emerged as NFF bosses but later turned out to be my saddest.

Kodjo failed to understand that NFF is a democratic institution and his autocratic order booted him out very easily,he was impeached.

Amaju came in and I was excited but Amaju tenure was full of scams,”painting the wall of a house with poor interiors inside”that was the perfect description of Amaju led NFF.

Pls who is the present NFF president,ask Nigeria football fans,they don’t know him,that’s state of our football.

Why are we blaming the sports minister on issue he knows nothing about and even has the limitations to interfere.The man met with Peseiro to state it clearly that Nigerians are not happy and checking Peseiro contract,only way out is Peseiro himself but who prepared such contract?Amaju who we all thought understood it all.

.........but sir, dsame fufu heads in d glass house told us-it is only sport ministry that can sack Pajero alias paseiro and wen they had the opportunity to walk away from d “Carpenter coach” they were together stucked in d mud again.

Sebi them talk say; once bitten twice shy. why is cornfused nff not twice shy wen dey were bitten once?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:51am On Dec 01, 2023
comodo:

And next game, coach will start him from the bench simply because he wants a Dutch to get game time.

That's the coach problem,

what I knew that Akpom will not last a season there, with the way he is going, if not this January, I expect him to move season ending
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:53am On Dec 01, 2023
villagereporter:

.........but sir, dsame fufu heads in d glass house told us-it is only sport ministry that can sack Pajero alias paseiro and wen they had the opportunity to walk away from d “Carpenter coach” they were together stucked in d mud again.

Sebi them talk say; once bitten twice shy. why is cornfused nff not twice shy wen dey were bitten once?
We are stuck so let’s just hope for better Afcon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:55am On Dec 01, 2023
do4luv14:

That's the coach problem,

what I knew that Akpom will not last a season there, with the way he is going, if not this January, I expect him to move season ending
Kanu,Finidi,Oliseh and Tijani enjoyed Ajax but Bassey was treated badly especially the press and hope to see Akpom continue showing his stuff
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:55am On Dec 01, 2023
Nigeria Cameroon legend match

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:14pm On Dec 01, 2023
Kog45:
This did not answer my post.The issue here is not about Kelechi Nwakali club status,wages and salaries and Portugal league position in Europe,not even his performance.

My question,is it a sin or a taboo for someone to bring Nwakali up discussing Nigeria midfield?this was my indirect question to a post who asked why are people always bringing Nwakali up discussing Nigeria midfield.

My point,any Nigeria player has every right to be discussed here irrespective of anybody’s opinion on the said player.

If “doing it” in Portuguese league meant doing well to you then it connoted different meaning to me…in my usage in that post “doing it” meant “playing in” Portuguese league.
nwakali is Nigerian pedri 😜😜😜😜😜
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 12:29pm On Dec 01, 2023
charlesemeka85:
nwakali is Nigerian pedri 😜😜😜😜😜
Abeg make una no make me laugh….. Una know say back pass na accurate pass Abi? According to stats……

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:40pm On Dec 01, 2023
Truidstarr:
Abeg make una no make me laugh….. Una know say back pass na accurate pass Abi? According to stats……
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 2:05pm On Dec 01, 2023
robosky02:

Like seriously we still have coaches that can match or even better Pitso

Emmanuel Amunike

Samson Siasia

Sunday Oliseh

How can Nigeria go that low to hire South African as our coach

When we naturally have it more
none of the three are his equals when it comes to coaching ability, achievement and pedigree.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:33pm On Dec 01, 2023
Super Falcons rising star Deborah Abiodun vs Cape Verde

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLs08h404Sc

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 2:56pm On Dec 01, 2023
Rudiger and Osimhen on Instagram

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:58pm On Dec 01, 2023
Kog45:

I judge harshly, apologies for misconstruing your statement.

For me the only reason we should talk about players because they show good quality and have the capacity to play for the SE.

This is why I stopped talking about players like ;
Chuks Aneke
Freddie Onyedinma
Josh Onomah
Oveimuno Ejaria
Dominic Iorfa
Ojo Seyi

And quite a few others because they haven't done enough 😞 to justify a call up.

However, when we keep talking about Nwakali it seems I've been too hasty. Because all of these players have done way better than Nwakali.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (15311) (15312) (15313) (15314) (15315) (15316) (15317) ... (16128) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Eligreat247, Philosopher1979 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.