Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,974 members, 7,828,448 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15312) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11745845 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15309) (15310) (15311) (15312) (15313) (15314) (15315) ... (16179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:53am On Nov 30, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

No technically, he carved his name in Nigerian football folklore. He will forever be a legend.
You're right Oga Basco. He deserves the legendary status.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:53am On Nov 30, 2023
Tessyy1701:

AGREED.....

Is Antony at Manchester United's level?
Antony did massively well at Ajax to attract united. Most transfers doesn’t pan out well many times but that doesn’t imply he didn’t do well at Ajax

He got his big money move to united because of his performance in the Dutch league,UCL and UEL

You don’t get big money moves based on achievements in youth football over 7 seasons ago 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Even Martial before he got signed by united was one of the top young talents in world football then but unfortunately he didn’t live up to the expectation

Mudryk moved from ukraine to chelsea for 100m, chelsea spent that big on him based on what he has shown at Shaktar, the UCL and UEL but unfortunately he is yet to replicate that form at chelsea

Havertz nko? Was one of the top young German players years back with Levekusen, got a big money move to chelsea but it didn’t work out
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:55am On Nov 30, 2023
kingphilip:

Two winning goals in the semi final and the final is not a small feat sha but the legendary status is debatable.

Maybe there are not too many available players that's why he was called up.
There are players o. They are up to 15. Let me do copy and paste.

I think MBA deserves the legendary status. His goals were crucial for our last silverware
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:02am On Nov 30, 2023
charlesemeka85:
it does, quality players don’t are not cheap

Tell me that good and important player that is one of the lowest earners in his club

Even mediocre players do get a raise in their wages when the management see sign of improvement in their game by tying them down on a long contract with bigger pay check
And there are very good players that earn less than some mediocre players. The amount a player earns is not conclusive enough to determine how good the player is.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:17am On Nov 30, 2023
⚽ Cameroon🇨🇲 legend vs Nigeria🇳🇬 legend
🏟️ Limbe Omnisport Stadium
⌚ 2pm
🗓️ Thurs, 30th of Nov, 2023

The Nigerian🇳🇬 veteran squad will face Cameroon🇨🇲 at the Limbe Omnisport Stadium🏟️ in Cameroon tomorrow and the big men are already in the country. 🛬

Here are some players to come and watch tomorrow. 👇🏽

🔰Nigeria’s squad 🇳🇬
Jay Jay Okocha, Tijani Babangida, Joseph Yobo, Yakubu Ayegbeni, Peter Rufai, Victor Ikpeba, Julius Aghahowa, Emmanuel Amunike, Vincent Enyeama, Kanu Nwankwu, Emmanuel Emenike, Teribo West, Godwin Opkara, Elderson Echejile, Garba Lawal, Sunday Mba, Obinna Nwaneri, Daniel Amokachi

🔰Cameroon’s squad🇨🇲
Samuel Eto'o, Rigobert Song, Mettomo Lucien, Enoh Takang, Abanda Patrice, Abdourahman Giresse, Alioum Boukar, Alioum Saidou, Alnoudji Nicolas, Angbwa Benoit Robert Djama Mba, Branco Serge Namekong, Timothe Essama Atouba, Etchi Ernest, Guy Feutchine, Hamidou Souleymanou, Joy Desire, Kalla Raymond, Marcus Mokake, Ndierfi Pius, Aaron Guimbat, Salomon Olembe Olembe, Simo Augustine, Bernard Tchountang, Bill Tchato, Mbiayi Jackson

Do not worry, I will give you the live update of the match tomorrow.. It’s gonna be a great historic game🔥

#ATMSports
#copied

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 11:17am On Nov 30, 2023
jieta:
This discussion is giving me goose bump like we have fallen to the extent we now go to south Africa to employ coach, like South Africa ha!. There is something know as pride and i want to believe we still have it.

Like seriously we still have coaches that can match or even better Pitso

Emmanuel Amunike

Samson Siasia

Sunday Oliseh

How can Nigeria go that low to hire South African as our coach

When we naturally have it more

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nomyth: 11:23am On Nov 30, 2023
mostob:
⚽ Cameroon🇨🇲 legend vs Nigeria🇳🇬 legend
🏟️ Limbe Omnisport Stadium
⌚ 2pm
🗓️ Thurs, 30th of Nov, 2023

The Nigerian🇳🇬 veteran squad will face Cameroon🇨🇲 at the Limbe Omnisport Stadium🏟️ in Cameroon tomorrow and the big men are already in the country. 🛬

Here are some players to come and watch tomorrow. 👇🏽

🔰Nigeria’s squad 🇳🇬
Jay Jay Okocha, Tijani Babangida, Joseph Yobo, Yakubu Ayegbeni, Peter Rufai, Victor Ikpeba, Julius Aghahowa, Emmanuel Amunike, Vincent Enyeama, Kanu Nwankwu, Emmanuel Emenike, Teribo West, Godwin Opkara , Elderson Echejile, Garba Lawal, Sunday Mba, Obinna Nwaneri, Daniel Amokachi

🔰Cameroon’s squad🇨🇲
Samuel Eto'o, Rigobert Song, Mettomo Lucien, Enoh Takang, Abanda Patrice, Abdourahman Giresse, Alioum Boukar, Alioum Saidou, Alnoudji Nicolas, Angbwa Benoit Robert Djama Mba, Branco Serge Namekong, Timothe Essama Atouba, Etchi Ernest, Guy Feutchine, Hamidou Souleymanou, Joy Desire, Kalla Raymond, Marcus Mokake, Ndierfi Pius, Aaron Guimbat, Salomon Olembe Olembe, Simo Augustine, Bernard Tchountang, Bill Tchato, Mbiayi Jackson

Do not worry, I will give you the live update of the match tomorrow.. It’s gonna be a great historic game🔥

#ATMSports
#copied

So Godwin Okpara is out of prison?

Most of the cameroonian names are unrecognizable.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:25am On Nov 30, 2023
Nomyth:

So Godwin Okpara is out of prison?

Most of the cameroonian names are unrecognizable.
Cameroon doesn't have much legend like that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:28am On Nov 30, 2023
mostob:
And there are very good players that earn less than some mediocre players. The amount a player earns is not conclusive enough to determine how good the player is.
mention that quality player that is the least paid in his club

Ayam waiting
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:35am On Nov 30, 2023
mostob:
Cameroon doesn't have much legend like that.
all these 2002 pikin dem 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:38am On Nov 30, 2023
robosky02:

Emmanuel Amunike

Samson Siasia

Sunday Oliseh

no be to open mouth waaa Dey talk

Those coaches you mentioned should first achieve what pitso hv achieved in African football before u start to compare

Nigerians and loud mouf 🤣🤣🤣

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:40am On Nov 30, 2023
charlesemeka85:
mention that quality player that is the least paid in his club

Ayam waiting
Mention any mediocre player that is the highest earner in his club.

I'm waiting
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:44am On Nov 30, 2023
Kog45:
Oga Charles,I don’t talk football based on emotions or talking balderdash just cuz some are hyping a player but fact.

The question here,someone said some are always trying to bring Nwakali into discussion anytime we are talking about Nigeria midfield and I asked is Nwakali not a Nigerian.

Oh you forgot my heated long discussion here on Nwakali with TheSuperNerd and thegoodjoe which was centered on Chavez best player and that he was average so far this season.

I”m too big and mature for unnecessarily bashing of a player on wages cuz have never see any pundits talking player down on wages but what the player brings to the table.

My question again,does Nwakali as a Nigerian has the right in Nigeria football regards Nigeria midfield discussion? YES or NO

….and again,have you dig your fact out on Cafu statement regarding EPL. cuz am waiting to apologize to the thread for bringing fake news.
since he should be mentioned because he is Nigerian u should as well mention other Nigerian midfielders scattered in europe and Africa 🤣🤣🤣

Good morning sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:46am On Nov 30, 2023
komekn:

Your question ❓ destroys your intended proposition.

Nwakali is at the bottomless pit in Portuguese league
Folorunsho is in Verona at the bottom of seria A
Mathew plays for Zurich in the Swiss league rated 12th in Europe. Which is lower than the Scottish league.
Alhassan plays in the Belgium super league.

None of these players are exceptional infact Nwakali is very poor quality and earns less than €2000 a week .

There is an intrinsic link between player value and quality. This cannot be denied not always conclusive but definitely indicative at least.

There are no world class players in my opinion in Southampton but there are several high quality players and in the team.The players you mentioned are not exceptional but low quality.

Nwakali who at his peak could not get into Arsenal youth team.

You really need to stop this thing of using players salary to determine their quality. No reasonable footbal scout (like you claim to be) does that. Also, you need to dead this idea of using the Scottish league as a yardstrick to determine which league in Europe is lower than the championship The Scottish league is crap, but the fact that some overzealous English pundits consider it on par with the championship doesnt mean you should use it to downgrade other leagues. This same Scottish league sign loads of players from these low quality European leagues every year.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:47am On Nov 30, 2023
charlesemeka85:
all these 2002 pikin dem
I agree. Back then, it is Nigeria or nothing. Most names wey dey there are very very strange.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:50am On Nov 30, 2023
robosky02:

Emmanuel Amunike

Samson Siasia

Sunday Oliseh

Start talking truthfully. It will do you more good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:57am On Nov 30, 2023
😊

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:59am On Nov 30, 2023
mostob:
Mention any mediocre player that is the highest earner in his club.

I'm waiting
did I tell you that mediocre players earn big in their various clubs? If you don’t hv facts to support ur claim then mk we fashi this topic
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:50pm On Nov 30, 2023
charlesemeka85:
since he should be mentioned because he is Nigerian u should as well mention other Nigerian midfielders scattered in europe and Africa 🤣🤣🤣

Good morning sir
Oga Charles,some pages back,someone mentioned a midfielder from River united player here and didn’t get traffic….nobody is bringing out law that Nwakali name must be mentioned but if his name is mentioned then we accept it and discuss.

Pls is there any law or yardstick that determines player to be mentioned here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:55pm On Nov 30, 2023
Kog45:
Oga Charles,some pages back,someone mentioned a midfielder from River united player here and didn’t get traffic….nobody is bringing out law that Nwakali name must be mentioned but if his name is mentioned then we accept it and discuss.

Pls is there any law or yardstick that determines player to be mentioned here.

good afternoon sir 🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 1:14pm On Nov 30, 2023
Kog45:
Oga Charles,I don’t talk football based on emotions or talking balderdash just cuz some are hyping a player but fact.

The question here,someone said some are always trying to bring Nwakali into discussion anytime we are talking about Nigeria midfield and I asked is Nwakali not a Nigerian.

Oh you forgot my heated long discussion here on Nwakali with TheSuperNerd and thegoodjoe which was centered on Chavez best player and that he was average so far this season.

I”m too big and mature for unnecessarily bashing of a player on wages cuz have never see any pundits talking player down on wages but what the player brings to the table.

My question again,does Nwakali as a Nigerian has the right in Nigeria football regards Nigeria midfield discussion? YES or NO

….and again,have you dig your fact out on Cafu statement regarding EPL. cuz am waiting to apologize to the thread for bringing fake news.

A fact undeniable baba. Your submissions, though an hypothesis still subject to further test(debate)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 1:50pm On Nov 30, 2023
mostob:

This argument is similar to some real life experience whereby a certified mechanic would claim to be far better that an apprentice mechanic and would bring out his notebooks on highway to check for a fault whereas d apprentice would av known what is wrong by mere listening.

One thing I av come to realize is that everybody has their own aura, grace and demons but by bit the the three combination have not allow Nwakali to flourish not because he is not a good player but those three have not had a dimension of agreement
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 1:58pm On Nov 30, 2023
villagereporter:

This argument is similar to some real life experience whereby a certified mechanic would claim to be far better that an apprentice mechanic and would bring out his notebooks on highway to check for a fault whereas d apprentice would av known what is wrong by mere listening.

One thing I av come to realize is that everybody has their own aura, grace and demons but by bit the the three combination have not allow Nwakali to flourish not because he is not a good player but those three have not had a dimension of agreement

Yeah as a midfielder nwakali is better than aribo. I can say that to anyone anywhere. I stand to be quoted.
I can say it in front of guardiola fergusson or the greatest coach in the world.
Aribo is even better as a forward as in winger or support striker.
Playing aribo in midfield is like playing dirk kuyt or amokachi in midfield. It will be sub optimal.
There is no jupiter born of a woman that can convince me otherwise.
The issue is we have bad coaches without an objective scientific and analytical opinion of our players.
Peseiro rohr do not understand our players and their abilities. Play aribo as a winger or support striker and see a meastro but play him in midfield and see mediocrity.
Our coaches are doing guess work and dint really have a tactical formation or game plan

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:44pm On Nov 30, 2023
charlesemeka85:
did I tell you that mediocre players earn big in their various clubs? If you don’t hv facts to support ur claim then mk we fashi this topic
And when did I tell you quality players earn less in their various clubs? If you don't understand the context, no need disputing with my fact.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:47pm On Nov 30, 2023
charlesemeka85:

Good morning sir

No one has ever stopped anyone from recommending midfielders that will suit our team. Especially those scattered all over Europe.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:49pm On Nov 30, 2023
Philosopher1979:

Yeah as a midfielder nwakali is better than aribo. I can say that to anyone anywhere. I stand to be quoted.
I can say it in front of guardiola fergusson or the greatest coach in the world.
Aribo is even better as a forward as in winger or support striker.
Playing aribo in midfield is like playing dirk kuyt or amokachi in midfield. It will be sub optimal.
There is no jupiter born of a woman that can convince me otherwise.
The issue is we have bad coaches without an objective scientific and analytical opinion of our players.
Peseiro rohr do not understand our players and their abilities. Play aribo as a winger or support striker and see a meastro but play him in midfield and see mediocrity.
Our coaches are doing guess work and dint really have a tactical formation or game plan

Gold in words.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:49pm On Nov 30, 2023
mostob:
And when did I tell you quality players earn less in their various clubs? If you don't understand the context, no need disputing with my fact.
you said a players quality doesn’t translate to what ever he earns in his club

Say the truth for once 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:51pm On Nov 30, 2023
villagereporter:

Well said bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:56pm On Nov 30, 2023
charlesemeka85:
you said a players quality doesn’t translate to what ever he earns in his club

Say the truth for once
I said the quality of a player can not be determined by how much he earns. And that there are good players that earn below mediocre players in some clubs.

I even mentioned Havertz as an example. He is Arsenal's highest earner but he is not as important as Dem Saliba, Saka and Rice.

I think Sancho earns more than Bruno at Man U (correct me if I'm wrong) but Bruno is obviously an integral member of the team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 3:53pm On Nov 30, 2023
It is so painful that this generation of Nigeria talents will not achieve or win any continental trophy because of NFF and Sport Ministry
So painful.
Now I understand why some people advise all this foreign born players to play for their birth country.

Rarely will you find a politician or a government official that truly loves this country and will make sacrifices to make it great.
From the president down to the clerk in government house and NFF inclusive none truly care for this country

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:00pm On Nov 30, 2023
This super falcons midfield is really loaded.. Ayinde, Ucheibe, Abiodun, Payne and Echigini are very good players.. not to mention others like Peace Effih, Regina Otu, Esther Onyenezide....

I wish the super eagles had such midfield options... Or maybe we already do, but Peseiro isn't interested
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:00pm On Nov 30, 2023
mostob:
I said the quality of a player can not be determined by how much he earns. And that there are good players that earn below mediocre players in some clubs.

I even mentioned Havertz as an example. He is Arsenal's highest earner but he is not as important as Dem Saliba, Saka and Rice.

I think Sancho earns more than Bruno at Man U (correct me if I'm wrong) but Bruno is obviously an integral member of the team.
and I still maintain it does, sancho was unplayable at dortmund which made United to spend big on him as well as offered him over 300k pounds weekly pay

If he didn’t do much in Germany United wouldn’t hv cough out such amount as sign on fee as well as big pay check to bring him to Manchester

Youth team players like Greenwood and recently Garnacho graduated to the first team and performed well which also made the club to give them new contracts with better pay compared to what they earned as academy players

Kante was signed with peanuts when he left France for leicester, he did well with the then epl champions which made them offer him new contracts with a big pay. Also they were able to make good profit from his sale when he joined Chelsea

The quality a player shows in his team automatically increases his pay. No important player in his team is among the least paid players. Even less talented players improve to earn long contracts with better pay

Havertz and Arsenal issue is what the club offered to lure him to the club. Thats what happens when you hv a good agent and far different from the case of nwakali who u re trying so hard to make a case for

Nwakali total transfer fee since he left the shores of Africa to europe 7 years ago is not up to 3m euros which implies he isn’t rated nor deemed good enough 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

(1) (2) (3) ... (15309) (15310) (15311) (15312) (15313) (15314) (15315) ... (16179) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: zicky(m), opes, shawwal1(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.