Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11655481 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15308) (15309) (15310) (15311) (15312) (15313) (15314) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 5:33pm On Nov 29, 2023
caprikon:

How your paddy Rohr na?

I am predicting Benin Rep. to win cos of him.
daddy rohr no qualify ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 5:50pm On Nov 29, 2023
Icon4s:

I know Pitso had always admired Nigerian football especially as he tasted several defeats from us during his time as the coach of SA but, sorry, the Super Eagles is above his level of coaching.
Besides, can he withstand the mental stress of working with the NFF?

Let's see him coach Enyimba first
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 5:52pm On Nov 29, 2023
Icon4s:

I know Pitso had always admired Nigerian football especially as he tasted several defeats from us during his time as the coach of SA but, sorry, the Super Eagles is above his level of coaching.
South Africa beat Nigeria at the Uyo stadium o
Unfit Omeruo with errors that day

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:20pm On Nov 29, 2023
yinkeys:

South Africa beat Nigeria at the Uyo stadium o
Unfit Omeruo with errors that day

Pitso wasn't the coach then...
I quite agree with icon4s. Coaching a national team is different from coaching a club. Pitso had two different stints with the South African national team and couldn't make them better.. .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Cecco90: 7:06pm On Nov 29, 2023
BREAKING!!!

Minister of Sports, @OwanEnoh has invited Super Eagles coach, Jose Peseiro to a meeting.

The meeting will discuss the Super Eagles' poor performance and plans for next year's AFCON.

Source : Adepoju Tobi Samuel.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:21pm On Nov 29, 2023
Cecco90:
BREAKING!!!

Minister of Sports, @OwanEnoh has invited Super Eagles coach, Jose Peseiro to a meeting.

The meeting will discuss the Super Eagles' poor performance and plans for next year's AFCON.

Gbaisero till after afcon ,maybe for qualifiers too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:23pm On Nov 29, 2023
The fact that the leadership of NFF can't seem to be left with such duties questions their usefulness in the whole mix. Must the Sports Ministry be the final say or what sef? Why always this way? What's the big deal? No be say the Man even get any background history with Nigerian Sports anyway.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 8:26pm On Nov 29, 2023
daveP:
The fact that the leadership of NFF can't seem to be left with such duties questions their usefulness in the whole mix. Must the Sports Ministry be the final say or what sef? Why always this way? What's the big deal? No be say the Man even get any background history with Nigerian Sports anyway.

Nff is surreptitiously doom. The sport minister is a big time farmer on a very large expanse of land with various divisions.

Livestock’s, poultry crop farming and many others are the type of farming our SM do for a living, so how are we gonna cope with sport?

The joke is on Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 8:28pm On Nov 29, 2023
Osihmen starts

On the bench.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tobichimezie: 8:31pm On Nov 29, 2023
Onana and Uzoho must be best friends
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 8:43pm On Nov 29, 2023
Uzoho na masters Onana own na PhD level

Tobichimezie:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 9:44pm On Nov 29, 2023
Osimhen to score the winning goal

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:52pm On Nov 29, 2023
nairalandankrah:
Osimhen to score the winning goal

Just to get likes….shey him don score? 😀😀😀
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 11:04pm On Nov 29, 2023
Tobichimezie:
respect uzoho bro.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bannedlargedx2: 11:05pm On Nov 29, 2023
Sometimes, I feel sorry for Osimehn because how do you play for 45 minutes and no single chance was created for you while joselu that’s an inferior player gets to waste numerous chances at Madrid. If we had decided to develop Africa and our league, our players wouldn’t deserve such unlucky treatment

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 11:24pm On Nov 29, 2023
Bannedlargedx2:
Sometimes, I feel sorry for Osimehn because how do you play for 45 minutes and no single chance was created for you while joselu that’s an inferior player gets to waste numerous chances at Madrid. If we had decided to develop Africa and our league, our players wouldn’t deserve such unlucky treatment

I came here hoping someone would say this and you did. I was so dissapinted how he's being treated and I feel its delibrate. His teammates are envious of him it is clear. I don't see why they don't pass useful passes to him. A team is supposed to play for their best player (striker) but not Napoli. They just play for tgemselves with everyone wishing to be the shinning light in the team. Osimhen is doomed in that team if he doesn't leave soonest. They envy him too much. Mostly that Evain abi na Kvara.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 11:40pm On Nov 29, 2023
Cecco90:
BREAKING!!!

They should pay this man off from Tinubu's purse and get us sainfelt aa coach

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:30am On Nov 30, 2023
Danielnino00:

Who are the world class players on Southampton bench that the likes of Nwakali, Matthew, Alhassan and Folorunsho won't make it there? 🤣😂

Your question ❓ destroys your intended proposition.

Nwakali is at the bottomless pit in Portuguese league
Folorunsho is in Verona at the bottom of seria A
Mathew plays for Zurich in the Swiss league rated 12th in Europe. Which is lower than the Scottish league.
Alhassan plays in the Belgium super league.

None of these players are exceptional infact Nwakali is very poor quality and earns less than €2000 a week .

There is an intrinsic link between player value and quality. This cannot be denied not always conclusive but definitely indicative at least.

There are no world class players in my opinion in Southampton but there are several high quality players and in the team.The players you mentioned are not exceptional but low quality.

Nwakali who at his peak could not get into Arsenal youth team.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 1:08am On Nov 30, 2023
charlesemeka85:
which implies that no matter the hype water don find em level 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

AGREED.....

Is Antony at Manchester United's level?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 1:13am On Nov 30, 2023
charlesemeka85:

Clueless Abi clubless? Whatever he earns is what he deserves so no need of going the pity route 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

He should better cancel that contract and push for a move to SA league or any of the North African leagues where he will be paid better than what he earns currently in Portugal cus age don Dey come small small for him side

I ask again, did Antony deserve what he's earning at united ??

Thank goodness we're both united fans
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 3:31am On Nov 30, 2023
Icon4s:

The Super Eagles above his coaching level as per say Nigeria are world champions?
The man won the Champions league with two different teams, he will be above our pay grade if he was European.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:04am On Nov 30, 2023
Egbon tell them o!!!
Kog45:
Nwakali is a Nigerian and is presently doing it in Portuguese league so he fit in when we are discussing about our midfielders cuz not that we have them special….Ndidi in championship with Leicester and Iwobi in EPL with Fulham not even in top ten club sides in EPL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:17am On Nov 30, 2023
Icon4s:

I disagree unless you are telling me that no Nigerian alive is capable of coaching the SE because he’s levels better than any Nigerian coach you can think of

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kendrick93(m): 6:36am On Nov 30, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Pitso Mosimane in love with our Super Eagles? Should the NFF get him?

Pitso Mosimane;

“To be honest, I would like to coach in the World Cup. I do not choose what comes, I would like to go to the World Cup. South Africa wants to qualify, Nigeria wants to qualify.

"If you have Chukuweze and the boy (Osimhen) playing for Napoli as your striker, I mean really. That Nigerian team is unbelievable. I saw the draw against Lesotho and Zimbabwe. Okay, its football, it happens. But how can politics between the government and the federation derail the team?

"Of course, I want South Africa to win because I am South African. But in reality, I think Nigeria has the team (Players). I really would like to go to the World Cup, but it must be a good team that can compete."

#copied
Not gonna happen.
Nigeria can't afford him.
No money
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:50am On Nov 30, 2023
charlesemeka85:
story, if they come at me with aribo matter u no go ever preach this sermon 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That one concern una 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Oga Charles,I don’t talk football based on emotions or talking balderdash just cuz some are hyping a player but fact.

The question here,someone said some are always trying to bring Nwakali into discussion anytime we are talking about Nigeria midfield and I asked is Nwakali not a Nigerian.

Oh you forgot my heated long discussion here on Nwakali with TheSuperNerd and thegoodjoe which was centered on Chavez best player and that he was average so far this season.

I”m too big and mature for unnecessarily bashing of a player on wages cuz have never see any pundits talking player down on wages but what the player brings to the table.

My question again,does Nwakali as a Nigerian has the right in Nigeria football regards Nigeria midfield discussion? YES or NO

….and again,have you dig your fact out on Cafu statement regarding EPL. cuz am waiting to apologize to the thread for bringing fake news.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:51am On Nov 30, 2023
komekn:

Your question destroys your intended proposition.

Nwakali is at the bottomless pit in Portuguese league
Folorunsho is in Verona at the bottom of seria A
Mathew plays for Zurich in the Swiss league rated 12th in Europe. Which is lower than the Scottish league.
Alhassan plays in the Belgium super league.

None of these players are exceptional infact Nwakali is very poor quality and earns less than €2000 a week .

There is an intrinsic link between player value and quality. This cannot be denied not always conclusive but definitely indicative at least.

There are no world class players in my opinion in Southampton but there are several high quality players and in the team.The players you mentioned are not exceptional but low quality.

Nwakali who at his peak could not get into Arsenal youth team.
Anytime I asked you this question, you always ran away with your tails between your legs. I repeat, how does what a player earns determine his ability?

Havertz is Arsenal's highest earner but is he their best player? Infact, he won't start if there are no injury issues.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:59am On Nov 30, 2023
Cameroon legends vs Nigeria legends today.

Match to be played at Limbe stadium.

The most surprising face in naija's s squad is Sunday Mba.

Well, he is technically a legend grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 8:48am On Nov 30, 2023
mostob:

Two winning goals in the semi final and the final is not a small feat sha but the legendary status is debatable.

Maybe there are not too many available players that's why he was called up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:27am On Nov 30, 2023
mostob:

No technically, he carved his name in Nigerian football folklore. He will forever be a legend.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 10:29am On Nov 30, 2023
jihday:
I disagree unless you are telling me that no Nigerian alive is capable of coaching the SE because he’s levels better than any Nigerian coach you can think of
This discussion is giving me goose bump like we have fallen to the extent we now go to south Africa to employ coach, like South Africa ha!. There is something know as pride and i want to believe we still have it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:41am On Nov 30, 2023
mostob:
Anytime I asked you this question, you always ran away with your tails between your legs. I repeat, how does what a player earns determine his ability?

Havertz is Arsenal's highest earner but is he their best player? Infact, he won't start if there are no injury issues.
it does, quality players are not cheap

Tell me that good and important player that is one of the lowest earners in his club

Even mediocre players do get a raise in their wages when the management see sign of improvement in their game by tying them down on a long contract with bigger pay check
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:45am On Nov 30, 2023
jieta:
This discussion is giving me goose bump like we have fallen to the extent we now go to south Africa to employ coach, like South Africa ha!. There is something know as pride and i want to believe we still have it.

we haven’t fallen but your ex internationals masquerading as coaches fail to improve, staying idle hoping and lobbying to coach any of our national teams

I see nothing bad in the nff employing pitso if they deem him good enough to turn around the fortunes of the super eagles. The South African hv a rich CV and stands a better chance than our local coaches getting a top job in Africa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15308) (15309) (15310) (15311) (15312) (15313) (15314) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BascoVanVeli(m), joxxy01(m), Shegzdave and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.