Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,452 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15401) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11780035 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15398) (15399) (15400) (15401) (15402) (15403) (15404) ... (16193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:33pm On Jan 05
komekn:

It's seems you are stuck in the past

Aston villa is still an average mid table team.. Form is temporary,class is permanent..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:00pm On Jan 05
Mujtahida:

I didn't just mention the current guys not because they are not international players but those names mentioned is merely illustrative not comprehensive.

And the thrust of my statement is not even winning trophies. It is playing for your country. Thousands of players play for their countries and do not win trophies. So read my statement carefully. I didn't mention trophies. I mentioned games.

My point is, the World Cup was more celebrated in the past than today. Drogba is more remembered for his performances in Chelsea colors than Cote d'ivoire. Scholes is more remembered for Manchester United than England. Haaland is more remembered for Manchester City than Norway.

Finito.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:01pm On Jan 05
Danielnino00:

Aston villa is still an average mid table team.. Form is temporary,class is permanent..

I don't think we should class teams based on history but current form. Current form has bigger impact in the next results than history.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:10pm On Jan 05
Start times has confirmed they will broadcast the AFCON

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:11pm On Jan 05
TheGoodJoe:

I don't think we should class teams based on history but current form. Current form has bigger impact in the next results than history.

So, based on this, do we say that Aston Villa are a better team than Man City?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Princezibk: 1:12pm On Jan 05
Kog45:
Haha!Rafiu Adekunle Durosinmi na Lagos boy just like Osimhen,Ndidi so na Naija proper o,had his youth academy with Box2Box fc
Thanks ,,, Just back here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:18pm On Jan 05
Fantastic news hope he gets his chance to impress. Future SE stalwart. Should get a look in after AFCON.

Philosopher1979:
Benjamin Chiemela Fredericks in Brentford team to face wolves. I believe in this boy.
He has the charisma aura and respect from his teammates to be a defence general.
Stephen keshi in the makung
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:07pm On Jan 05
do4luv14:

That's one of the things Pinnick was trying to resolved, but I don't know of it had be resolved or not,

thing is that majority of the players transfer are on Loan, the cash not paid completely, That leave the players are the receiving end6, just like Mba Case

Imagine fighting over mba and 11 clubs pull out, leaving a 3rd tier club to sign? Smh. If unresolved then this npfl is wack. This aspect is one of the big pillars of club football finances, yet na ownership nonsense dey go on?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:17pm On Jan 05
Danielnino00:

So, based on this, do we say that Aston Villa are a better team than Man City?

Let us be logical about it.

Manchester City is the current EPL, FA Cup, Champions League, and World Club Cup champions. We sit 3rd on the table with a game in hand. That means we are in good form.

Aston Villa can't be rated a better team because currently, Manchester City have an edge over them.

However, I will rate Aston Villa as a better team than the current Manchester United due to their form.

Keep in mind, Aston Villa dominated us in our last meeting. That shows their strength.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:23pm On Jan 05
komekn:

We absolutely had the chance to cap Eberechi Eze but failed woefully, for reason unknown.

He was ready and waiting for two years, when he had not blown , when he exploded we remembered him.

I am saying similar about Tim Iroegbunam now.
Na England remember him when he did not blow abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:31pm On Jan 05
Details Of Super Eagles Training – Peseiro Switches Formation From 4-2-4, Nwabali Shines, Simon Steals The Show

The senior national team of Nigeria stepped up their preparations for the Africa Cup of Nations with a full training session at their camp in Abu Dhabi, OwnGoalNigeria.com reports.

Yesterday they had two gruelling sessions under the watchful eyes of head coach of the team Jose Peseiro alongside his assistants. As many as 23 players took part in the evening session following the arrival of team’s top striker Victor Osimhen.

As at the time of this report only two players in William Troost-Ekong who is expected this morning and Kelechi Iheanacho who will join the team in Nigeria before they depart for Cote d’Ivoire if he passes a fitness test. Advertisement

The major high point of the session was the decision of the coach to line the team in a new formation different from the 4-2-4 formation. The formation he has played since he took over as coach of the team over a year ago.

Peseiro had them lined up in a 4-3-3 formation with the players likely to start against Guinea in their test game on Monday up against the other players, who will likely be on the bench for the game.

Newly invited goalkeeper Stanley Nwabali stood out with his reflexes and ball handling abilities. His ability to play with his feet under pressure also caught the eyes especially when he hit a near forty yards pass to help his team make the transition from defence to attack.

Among the outfield players Nantes of France winger Moses Simon gave all sorts of problems for Bright Osayi- Samuel who was up against him during the session. He created more chances than any other player during the duration of the session.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:41pm On Jan 05
100 percent!
Philosopher1979:

Arokodare is a more technical firm of onuachu. He is onuachu plus mobility technicality etc.
Once he improves his finishing he will be something else.
Ironically if onuachu all round game was good he will be in a big team now but he can't do anything else but score
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:44pm On Jan 05
TheGoodJoe:

Let us be logical about it.

Manchester City is the current EPL, FA Cup, Champions League, and World Club Cup champions. We sit 3rd on the table with a game in hand. That means we are in good form.

Aston Villa can't be rated a better team because currently, Manchester City have an edge over them.

However, I will rate Aston Villa as a better team than the current Manchester United due to their form.

Keep in mind, Aston Villa dominated us in our last meeting. That shows their strength.
But Aston Villa are the current champion of nothing.. they are just in good form.
There's still every possibility that they may not finish in the top 4 this season despite their form..
They are still a mid table team, whichever way you put it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:50pm On Jan 05
That boy is meant for the topmosttop! Superb player!!
I am so happy he had good people making great decisions for him!!

With the introduction of our young millionaires investing into our youth football space. In some few years time there might not be a top club/league without a Nigerian.

Just like they did with Skits, Afrobeats and Nollywood! Soccer is the next goldmine!
Philosopher1979:
Benjamin Chiemela Fredericks in Brentford team to face wolves. I believe in this boy.
He has the charisma aura and respect from his teammates to be a defence general.
Stephen keshi in the makung

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:51pm On Jan 05
E Dennis to Rangers almost done!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 4:00pm On Jan 05
Startimes to the rescue😋

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:33pm On Jan 05
Danielnino00:

But Aston Villa are the current champion of nothing.. they are just in good form.
There's still every possibility that they may not finish in the top 4 this season despite their form..
They are still a mid table team, whichever way you put it.

We are talking strength now. Manchester United are also not champions of anything last season. So how do you compare them? Form.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:36pm On Jan 05
daveP:

Imagine fighting over mba and 11 clubs pull out, leaving a 3rd tier club to sign? Smh. If unresolved then this npfl is wack. This aspect is one of the big pillars of club football finances, yet na ownership nonsense dey go on?

There are more to it, including Agent, Pinnick was trying to stop it from the U17, I don't know how far, before he left
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:41pm On Jan 05
TheGoodJoe:

We are talking strength now. Manchester United are also not champions of anything last season. So how do you compare them? Form.

And yet, Man Utd beat Aston Villa not too long ago..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:43pm On Jan 05
do4luv14:

There are more to it, including Agent, Pinnick was trying to stop it from the U17, I don't know how far, before he left

Pinnick wasn't trying to stop shite.. he indulged in it when he was Warri Wolves chairman, shortly before he became NFF president...
If you think Pinnick did anything notable to try and improve our league,youre mistaken... The league currently looks better than it was when he was in charge... The LMC he created has since been disbanded

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 5:12pm On Jan 05
TheGoodJoe:

They won a tray (Carling cup)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mrwilliams9: 5:38pm On Jan 05
Kog45:
Alaba,Akanji,Saka,Musiala,Tomori and if we miss Olise it would be painful cuz am not happy how we failed to cap Eze.

To be honest. Akanji, Saka, Musiala and Olise were/are very unlikely to be won over by the SE. Leave the fact that afrobeats and Naija culture is now “cool” / en vouge. 10 years ago when most of these players were teens, being African wasn’t as cool as it is today in the West. Most of the Euro dual nationals have more affinity to their Euro nations.

To me, Eze is the more painful one because there was genuine interest on his part but we failed to act quickly enough. And he’s the type of midfielder we need that can pick out a pass, drive with the ball but is also good on set pieces.

With Alaba, I heard there was some promise early on but once he was established at Bayern, Austria did the needful.

Tomori is another one I’m hurt about. Our CBs need a massive upgrade and I could have seen him being a stalwart for us for many years to come.

We have to start acting like France/England and capping the dual nationals we think have potential early on. Tosin at Fulham should be one of the first on our list of players to flip.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 6:51pm On Jan 05
Camp Update

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:53pm On Jan 05
He is a striker. His primary aim is to score. He is not the first striker to flop in the EPL and perform brilliantly elsewhere.

Tolu firstly has to be lethal in front of goal in a small club, then we can have this convo.

Philosopher1979:

Arokodare is a more technical firm of onuachu. He is onuachu plus mobility technicality etc.
Once he improves his finishing he will be something else.
Ironically if onuachu all round game was good he will be in a big team now but he can't do anything else but score

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 6:57pm On Jan 05
Joebie:
He is a striker. His primary aim is to score. He is not the first striker to flop in the EPL and perform brilliantly elsewhere.

Tolu firstly has to be lethal in front of goal in a small club, then we can have this convo.

💯
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:57pm On Jan 05
Na attitude go ki that one career.
Marjoribanks:
E Dennis to Rangers almost done!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ThunderFireAgba: 7:23pm On Jan 05
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ThunderFireAgba: 7:24pm On Jan 05
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 7:28pm On Jan 05
Michael Olakigbe and Benjamin Fredrick on the bench for Brentford

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kendrick93(m): 7:38pm On Jan 05
mrwilliams9:

To be honest. Akanji, Saka, Musiala and Olise were/are very unlikely to be won over by the SE. Leave the fact that afrobeats and Naija culture is now “cool” / en vouge. 10 years ago when most of these players were teens, being African wasn’t as cool as it is today in the West. Most of the Euro dual nationals have more affinity to their Euro nations.

To me, Eze is the more painful one because there was genuine interest on his part but we failed to act quickly enough. And he’s the type of midfielder we need that can pick out a pass, drive with the ball but is also good on set pieces.

With Alaba, I heard there was some promise early on but once he was established at Bayern, Austria did the needful.

Tomori is another one I’m hurt about. Our CBs need a massive upgrade and I could have seen him being a stalwart for us for many years to come.

We have to start acting like France/England and capping the dual nationals we think have potential early on. Tosin at Fulham should be one of the first on our list of players to flip.

You can't force an unwilling horse.
The Saka's, Olise, Musiala's etc have at no time indicated even a slight interest in playing for Nigeria..A total non starter.
Maybe in Complete Sports and beer parlour gossip but anyone sane knew it was dead on arrival.
Truth is the best young players wouldn't even think twice if given a choice.
Nigeria has to settle for players like Iwobi, Lookman.. who are are attainable cause they have no hope of say an England or Germany call up

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:52pm On Jan 05
Samueltemi337:
Michael Olakigbe and Benjamin Fredrick on the bench for Brentford
When Frederick Benjamin joined ABS Ilorin in 2022 from Simoiben academy,the club sport director C.C.Chukwuemeka said i have seen another Stephen Keshi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 8:10pm On Jan 05
Joebie:
Na attitude go ki that one career.

The same guy we were begging last AFCON that he and his club were doing shakara, today where is Watford and Dennis?

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (15398) (15399) (15400) (15401) (15402) (15403) (15404) ... (16193) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Posh(m), CornOak(m), Lawag3 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.