Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,147 members, 7,835,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15406) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11782086 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15403) (15404) (15405) (15406) (15407) (15408) (15409) ... (16194) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:43am On Jan 07
Nomyth:

It's right there, Osimhen!

First of all, let me quote you verbatim,

We have our own proven way of getting getting quality players thru the production line and that is the youth team.

In addition to get context the examples you gave Taribo, Kanu ,Okocha, Babayaro, These players went literally straight to first team football in Europe from the Nigeria local ⚽ league.

VO went from a local football academy in Nigeria avia National u17 football accolades.

These are two dramatically different pathways, during the period of Taribo players went straight from local clubs to European clubs not ACADEMY. For example Amokachi ,Keshi, etc.

VO arrived at Wolfsburg as a youth player into the academy, same followed for Awoniyi, KC, Nwakali, etc. Where they began to be reducated, developed, taught and train to become professional footballers.

So please 🥺 what is the PROVEN WAY ❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:47am On Jan 07
Kog45:
I don't see reason why Osayi and Aina should not start as RB and LB cuz the natural left footers Zaidu and Bruno are not better.....a real tactician would have included Ebuehi and drop one of Zaidu and Bruno cuz Ebuehi can also do it as RB and LB,

Thank you 👍🏿

I really don't know why Tim Iroegbunam was not invited. Dude is an exceptional player.

He now caught up in football financial politics, Villa lost Carney Chukwuemeka and don't want to loose Tim Iroegbunam.

And are restricting his game time to force him into a long term contract. Tim Iroegbunam would jump at the chance to play for Nigeria he is off the radar.

As a player he will dominate the midfield, accurate long & short passing, serious physicality with pace and technical ability and tackling with added Aerial dominance he can't be less than 6' 3'.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:57am On Jan 07
On paper this should be the number 1 CB pairing to this AFCON.

Ndicka and Diomande

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:01pm On Jan 07
komekn:

Thank you 👍🏿

I really don't know why Tim Iroegbunam was not invited. Dude is an exceptional player.

He now caught up in football financial politics, Villa lost Carney Chukwuemeka and don't want to loose Tim Iroegbunam.

And are restricting his game time to force him into a long term contract. Tim Iroegbunam would jump at the chance to play for Nigeria he is off the radar.

As a player he will dominate the midfield, accurate long & short passing, serious physicality with pace and technical ability and tackling with added Aerial dominance he can't be less than 6' 3'.

Answer these simple questions like a mature man who knows his left from his right;

Is Iroegbulam rated by the handlers of the English youth system? If yes, what makes you think Iroegbulam would want to trade a path that leads to the 3lions for a place in the SE midfield?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 12:02pm On Jan 07
Camp Update

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:04pm On Jan 07
komekn:

First of all, let me quote you verbatim,

We have our own proven way of getting getting quality players thru the production line and that is the youth team.

In addition to get context the examples you gave Taribo, Kanu ,Okocha, Babayaro, These players went literally straight to first team football in Europe from the Nigeria local ⚽ league.

VO went from a local football academy in Nigeria avia National u17 football accolades.

These are two dramatically different pathways, during the period of Taribo players went straight from local clubs to European clubs not ACADEMY. For example Amokachi ,Keshi, etc.

VO arrived at Wolfsburg as a youth player into the academy, same followed for Awoniyi, KC, Nwakali, etc. Where they began to be reducated, developed, taught and train to become professional footballers.

So please 🥺 what is the PROVEN WAY ❓

Oh VO got re-educated at Wolfsburg but you made it seem he was a failed pro from Nigeria. So all those while you were talking down on him, you knew he was still learning the ropes?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 12:04pm On Jan 07
Philosopher1979:

Peseiro has been in charge of the team for close to 2 years and yet the midfield
and defence is suspect.
The team is still struggling and is not really improving.
We have not beaten any decent team and sometimes struggle to win poor teams
Under Rohr we drew with Brazil and defeated cameroon, algeria and even argentina in a friendly.
Under Eguavon we defeated Egypt and drew with Ghana away
Under peseiro we lost4 nil to portugal and we draw against horrible teams.
Apert from that his player selections and tactical decisions are very poor.
He is not even showing signs of improving the team. He should please try and do something impressive.
He does only a few things right (like osayi samuel in the team is good) but most of the time his decisions
sound very ignorant.
Alright bro. I get your point.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 12:15pm On Jan 07
grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 12:36pm On Jan 07
Philosopher1979:

Well, they may hit form.
Class is temporary but form is permanent.
If the musa of the 2018 world cup and 2016 to 2020 can come back again then we are good to go.
If the skillfull briliant Sadiq Umar comes back again then its okay. At least he is playing regularly for his club
Maybe the coach can see something in training.
Let us wait and see but i doubt it.
Talent is talent and a talented player might rise to the occasion. It happens in football.

How can you mention Sadiq with skillful and brilliant. Which match has he played for Nigeria where he show skills and brilliance.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 12:46pm On Jan 07
Osayi and Aina proved to be our weakest link in the two world cup qualifiers played! The last time Zaidu played he was instrumental to us defeating S/Leone! Bruno was one of the best players on the field in all the matches he started for us while Ebuehi was atrocious against the Saudis. I don't understand the criteria for dropping either Zaidu/Bruno (FC Porto and Boavista LBs)!
Kog45:
I don't see reason why Osayi and Aina should not start as RB and LB cuz the natural left footers Zaidu and Bruno are not better.....a real tactician would have included Ebuehi and drop one of Zaidu and Bruno cuz Ebuehi can also do it as RB and LB,

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 12:49pm On Jan 07
Go and rewatch Nigeria vs Zimbabwe again! If you are devoid of sentiment you would see the changes he brought to our attack immediately he came on!
zicky:
How can you mention Sadiq with skillful and brilliant. Which match has he played for Nigeria where he show skills and brilliance.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 12:54pm On Jan 07
Marjoribanks:
Osayi and Aina proved to be our weakest link in the two world cup qualifiers played! The last time Zaidu played he was instrumental to us defeating S/Leone! Bruno was one of the best players on the field in all the matches he started for us while Ebuehi was atrocious against the Saudis. I don't understand the criteria for dropping either Zaidu/Bruno (FC Porto and Boavista LBs)!
thank you base on SE I don't know why someone will want us drop any of them

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:01pm On Jan 07
If I am Paserio too, I would wait for Kelechi! He saved his ass against Zimbabwe!
Dessers is one of Rangers worst player
Akor hasn't scored in almost 2 months
Orban has no league goals in 3 months
Akpom unfamiliar with African football
Moffi has not been impressive in the SE jersey. He always look out of place on the field!

Paserio made the right choice in attack. Asper Nwakali, I agree with you!
Daninya33:

The likes of Dessers,Akor,Orban, Akpom,Moffi should have made the cut...

Jpes should not take a half fit KC to the Afcon

What if Umar and Musa do not hit form?

I will personally prefer Nwakali to replace KC
Too many similar players in the middle of the park
We need Nwakali skillet.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:12pm On Jan 07
Bassey needs someone as calm as Tosin Adarabioyo in defense to bring the best out of him.
Unfortunately, we don't have that!
Ajayi is too slow for African football!

I would go with Awaziem and Bassey. Of course, they would make mistakes just like the young Omeruo and Obaboona at AFCON 2013 but with time the would become a phenomenal partnership.
Not lacking in intelligence, pace and brawl.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 1:20pm On Jan 07
Marjoribanks:
Go and rewatch Nigeria vs Zimbabwe again! If you are devoid of sentiment you would see the changes he brought to our attack immediately he came on!
Bro, with what just said even though I watch the match I had to go back to watch the highlights again. Bro they was nothing brilliant nor skill about Sadiq in that game. None of our players was even brilliant talk more of calling Sadiq. Sadiq is just there as a football, can hardly be a first team player or a player you rely on. If anything comes out from him, good and fine. But I didn't there's anything brilliant or skillful about his game

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:21pm On Jan 07
Marjoribanks:
If I am Paserio too, I would wait for Kelechi! He saved his ass against Zimbabwe!
Moffi has not been impressive in the SE jersey. He always look out of place on the field!

Sir,Peseiro just picked players he knew very well...pls what is Sadiq doing in the team if we want to base it on form.Yes on Iheanacho I agreed with you but if he is not fit better to take another player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 1:22pm On Jan 07
Marjoribanks:

Yea kc is one player I think will always come out with a brilliant moment in a game.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:25pm On Jan 07
Marjoribanks:
Bassey needs someone as calm as Tosin Adarabioyo in defense to bring the best out of him.

I would go with Awaziem and Bassey. Of course, they would make mistakes just like the young Omeruo and Obaboona at AFCON 2013 but with time the would become a phenomenal partnership.
I think our first match will tell us how far regarding CB......going by eagles performance even Bassey is not reliable,just hoping things works out fine as we progresses

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:28pm On Jan 07
Marjoribanks:

Omeruo and Oboboana did not make any mistake during Afcon 2013,they are ready and reason why Nigeria won the cup.I just hope Bassey and any partner are ready,not a tournament for mistakes or else we are out.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:40pm On Jan 07
Even the best defenders make mistakes. They made several mistakes especially against the Ivorians. Enyeama came to our rescue numerous times.
Only God doesn't make mistakes!
Kog45:
Omeruo and Oboboana did not make any mistake during Afcon 2013,they are ready and reason why Nigeria won the cup.I just hope Bassey and any partner are ready,not a tournament for mistakes or else we are out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 1:40pm On Jan 07
komekn:

I would disagree.

I will be very BRUTAL, he plays like an aboki, no football ⚽ intelligence and very limited technical ability.

Plenty of running and stamina but almost no end product. Aina is not a LB but has far more football intelligence technical ability and end 🔚 PRODUCT. In this regard Aina is better, don't know much about Bruno apart from doesn't seem to be getting much game time and is not first choice.

Why is he selected for the SE 🤔
lolss,, this man sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:43pm On Jan 07
Marjoribanks:

I'll take Semi over Tosin. For me they cancel each other out defensively but Semi is much better on the ball.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:45pm On Jan 07
Sir, based on club form. Sadiq is the most inform! Even got his club an impressive assist over during the week!
Kog45:
Sir,Peseiro just picked players he knew very well...pls what is Sadiq doing in the team if we want to base it on form.Yes on Iheanacho I agreed with you but if he is not fit better to take another player

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:49pm On Jan 07
I pray my boy Yira Sor stay injury free. That is another enigma!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:52pm On Jan 07
It was a short moment of brillance, I saw during the game which might not appear on highlights! Moffi did nothing substantial for 70 minutes! Nothing! None deserves that last sport than Sadiq at the moment.
I have been an ardent critique of Sadiq on this platform. I give my analysis devoid of sentiment!
zicky:
Bro, with what just said even though I watch the match I had to go back to watch the highlights again. Bro they was nothing brilliant nor skill about Sadiq in that game. None of our players was even brilliant talk more of calling Sadiq. Sadiq is just there as a football, can hardly be a first team player or a player you rely on. If anything comes out from him, good and fine. But I didn't there's anything brilliant or skillful about his game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 1:56pm On Jan 07
quickberry:
grin

i just can't phantom the rationale why the super eagles choose to camp in Dubai when they could have camped in nigeria, considering our proximity with tournament host.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:57pm On Jan 07
Semi better on the ball than Tosin is blasphemy! There is no aspect of the game in which Ajayi is better than Tosin. None!
BascoVanVeli:

I'll take Semi over Tosin. For me they cancel each other out defensively but Semi is much better on the ball.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:20pm On Jan 07
komekn:

Omeruo is an expired drug there is nothing to try out, IMO.

KC is supposedly injured and may incur the wrath of his club, although he is no longer a crucial player for them.

After 20+ games in the Championship he has scored 5 goals and is joint 35th in the Championship 🏆 alongside 16 other players. It's not exceptional and outstanding quality currently.

If Iheanacho wasn't a crucial player for Leicester,he definitely won't be playing that many games...
Anyway, in the super eagles,he's been known to step up at times when the chips are down.. he is one of our most technically gifted player.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:21pm On Jan 07
I hope everything is fine with TheSuperNerd? Dude has neither been active here nor on Twitter. It is unlike him, especially during tournament seasons like this.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 2:22pm On Jan 07
quickberry:
Camp Update

This coach and Uzoho

It's crazy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:24pm On Jan 07
BascoVanVeli:

Lol this is funny.

Well, I have my eyes already on Ben Chiemela Fredrick of Brentford as a partner for Bassey next season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:43pm On Jan 07
Marjoribanks:
Semi better on the ball than Tosin is blasphemy! There is no aspect of the game in which Ajayi is better than Tosin. None!

That means u don't watch Fulham. Tosin is a mistake waiting to happen on the ball. Asking him to do anything outside of passing sideways is asking for a problem. Tosin and Semi are both tall guys who dominate aerialy so u acting like they are night and day is just cap.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15403) (15404) (15405) (15406) (15407) (15408) (15409) ... (16194) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Joebie, charlesemeka85(m), forgiveness, Sugarboyy(m), humility33(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.