Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11782817 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15405) (15406) (15407) (15408) (15409) (15410) (15411) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 4:46pm On Jan 07
Daninya33:

Stubborn and obstinate Jpes
I saw the line up,I no shock.

Same line up he will deploy against Guinea tomorrow,I believe.

I don't think he has plans to field Nwabili tomorrow.

Okoye is out of National team duties to improve himself and get better. His second start in the Italian Seria A.

If Uzoho fumbles he should forget about dorning the green white green again.
Self worth and respect would have made him stay away from the team with the array of blunders he has committed that has caused us games severally.

This coach JP is very stupid

With all the outcry about Uzoho

And you have a friendly, what stops you from trying out the other keepers

Ok supposed Uzoho get injured will he still play is dead body

And the worse part is Uzoho keep making more annoying errors

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:50pm On Jan 07
robosky02:

Yea that match was amazing
He did so well

But a player is as good as his last game
So he hasn't covered himself with glory in the last few games. Making school boy errors

Also he is too Relax because no one is competing with him so he is not working on improving himself

Rather replaying angry fans
"If e easy come play make Oyibo man sign you"

Imagine the high of it

All I know is that we need to get better on set pieces if we are to have a chance. That is even more important than the keeping situation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 4:51pm On Jan 07
Cecco90:

Na 12-0 I hear o.
6 goals in each half.
We wait for the outcome of tomorrow's match.

It better be 12 nil.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:52pm On Jan 07
komekn:

I would disagree.

I will be very BRUTAL, he plays like an aboki, no football ⚽ intelligence and very limited technical ability.

Plenty of running and stamina but almost no end product. Aina is not a LB but has far more football intelligence technical ability and end πŸ”š PRODUCT. In this regard Aina is better, don't know much about Bruno apart from doesn't seem to be getting much game time and is not first choice.

Why is he selected for the SE πŸ€”
You and the 4 people that like this garbage are sick in the head

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:54pm On Jan 07
chrisooblog:
Lol CAPISTAN strikes again.

Aboki with 'no football brain' has won every domestic trophy available in Portugal infact scored the winning goal to clinch the 22/23 Portuguese league title.

No end product features regularly in UEFA Champions League with goals and assists to his name something none of his fellow LBs in the national team have achieved.

Limited technical ability has the same number of assists as Ola Aina in the SE with lesser games but he's the one with no football IQ.

Sometimes Komekn do your research before commenting on every subject not every time open your mouth Wuaaahhhh!

Wait for it... "Fulahm is better than Porto" is coming your way grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 4:58pm On Jan 07
M7even:

If they scored 6 in the first half and could not score 1 in the second half then there is a problem for us. It meant the local team they played were nervous in the first half and when they got their acts together and right in the second half, we were no where to be found.

They scored six goals in both halves, making 12 goals. The match ended 12-0.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 5:00pm On Jan 07
M7even:

If they scored 6 in the first half and could not score 1 in the second half then there is a problem for us. It meant the local team they played were nervous in the first half and when they got their acts together and right in the second half, we were no where to be found.
ended 12 with Simon and owngoal scoring 2 each and Sadiq scored 1

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 5:00pm On Jan 07
mowah:

Sadiq might not be a baller, but he can do magic
Okay... I forgot he brought the voodoo that he has been reserving to unleash in this tournament.

You have said well🀨
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daninya33: 5:07pm On Jan 07
robosky02:

This coach JP is very stupid

With all the outcry about Uzoho

And you have a friendly, what stops you from trying out the other keepers

Ok supposed Uzoho get injured will he still play is dead body

And the worse part is Uzoho keep making more annoying errors

Uzoho no even get shame self.
Okoye kept declining invitation because he knows he is struggling.Na person wey no was up be that
The Super Eagles no even get better leader self. If it was Sunday Oliseh or Keshi be team captain, Jpes will rather choose to drop him or have them decline invites.

It will get to a time that Goalkeepers would start avoiding national team duties because of Uzoho whom they know they are better than.
Okoye did the right thing by staying back to cement his place at Udinese than being a backup to a flop that he knows he is better than.

Hope you saw the video that trended online yesterday,see d way him dey dive ,you go know say na basket.

Did you see the video, Enyeama posted .He still have better reflex than Uzoho and the rest..
Why didn't they bring him out of retirement self?.

Jpes is still playing with an unbalanced and thin midfield.

Jpes should keep playing Osimhen till he gets injured.

No team wins a tournament without a very good goalkeeper.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:12pm On Jan 07
jihday:

Some of una go just open mouth waa like illiterate

Watin don reach sick in the head now ?

If he’s sick in the head what would you call your national team head coach ??

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:17pm On Jan 07
This thread? grin grin

Today is my birthday. Probably the 6th I would do here.

Certainly there are many more sotey my future wife go get moniker join me de break the grip of... on some people here cheesy

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 5:19pm On Jan 07
Odunayaw:
This thread? grin grin

Certainly there are many more sotey my future wife go get moniker join me de break the grip of... on some people here cheesy
hbd bro

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 5:22pm On Jan 07
Super Eagles test game against a local club in Abu Dhabi today:
FT. 12-0

Half Time: 6-0 (Ademola Lookman ⚽⚽⚽⚽, Victor Osimhen ⚽⚽)
Second Half: (Moses Simon ⚽⚽, 2 own goals & Sadiq Umar rounding up the humiliation)

Next Up ➑️ pre-Afcon Friendly vs Guinea on Monday 8th January.

PESEIRO-BALL! πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ½

#copied

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:23pm On Jan 07
jihday:
Very very sick. I saw the post and just Waka. He should have just do his normal bashing without being derogatory.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 5:30pm On Jan 07
Papi85:
Super Eagles test game against a local club in Abu Dhabi today:
FT. 12-0

Half Time: 6-0 (Ademola Lookman ⚽⚽⚽⚽, Victor Osimhen ⚽⚽)
Second Half: (Moses Simon ⚽⚽, 2 own goals & Sadiq Umar rounding up the humiliation)

Next Up ➑️ pre-Afcon Friendly vs Guinea on Monday 8th January.

PESEIRO-BALL! πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ½

#copied
PASEIRO-BALL πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 5:36pm On Jan 07
Odunayaw:
This thread? grin grin

happy birthday big man
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 5:41pm On Jan 07
Line up for Afcon. JP and 424, nothing on earth will make that man change his philosophy.
Hope his marriage with Uzoho last well to the final sha.
Onuorahviki:
Super Eagles test game against a local club in Abu Dhabi today

Half Time 6-0
Ademola Lookman ⚽⚽⚽⚽
Victor Osimhen ⚽⚽

Starting XI

Uzoho

Zaidu Sanusi
Calvin Bassey
Chidozie Awaziem
Ola Aina

Joe Aribo
Frank Onyeka

Ademola Lookman
Ahmed Musa
Sadiq Umar
Victor Osimhen

Second half to follow…
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:55pm On Jan 07
Odunayaw:
This thread? grin grin

Happy splendid Birthday Sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 6:03pm On Jan 07
Happy Birthday! Blessings bro.

Odunayaw:
This thread? grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:33pm On Jan 07
ChrisKels:

Answer these simple questions like a mature man who knows his left from his right;

Is Iroegbulam rated by the handlers of the English youth system? If yes, what makes you think Iroegbulam would want to trade a path that leads to the 3lions for a place in the SE midfield?

Because thankfully he is out of the U20 set up , is having issues with his club Villa and he has the Brazilian Douglas Luiz to displace.

There are too many good quality better midfielders in England at that moment.Foden, Bellingham, Palmer, Rice,Calvin, etc

His best bet is the SE

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 6:36pm On Jan 07
komekn:

Because thankfully he is out of the U20 set up , is having issues with his club Villa and he has the Brazilian Douglas Luiz to displace.

There are too many good quality better midfielders in England at that moment.Foden, Bellingham, Palmer, Rice,Calvin,Eze etc

His best bet is the SE
corrected
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:42pm On Jan 07
Marjoribanks:
Bassey needs someone as calm as Tosin Adarabioyo in defense to bring the best out of him.
Unfortunately, we don't have that!
Ajayi is too slow for African football!

I would go with Awaziem and Bassey. Of course, they would make mistakes just like the young Omeruo and Obaboona at AFCON 2013 but with time the would become a phenomenal partnership.
Not lacking in intelligence, pace and brawl.

From what I see of Awaziem I would say he is the slowest player in the SE a complete snail 🐌

There is a reason why Awaziem and Omeruo have never gone to any better league or club and are always in regression. They are poor quality.

You would have been better off getting 10 or more Nigerian origin CB's available in the Championship.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:46pm On Jan 07
Kog45:
Sir,Peseiro just picked players he knew very well...pls what is Sadiq doing in the team if we want to base it on form.Yes on Iheanacho I agreed with you but if he is not fit better to take another player

Would you say that KC current form in the Championship with Leicester merits his call up to the SE.

By comparison irrespective of past performances in general you will not get called into England if you are not in form. Except your name is Harry Maguire.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:49pm On Jan 07
BascoVanVeli:

I'll take Semi over Tosin. For me they cancel each other out defensively but Semi is much better on the ball.

You will take Ajayi over Tosin , I think you have been watching the games with an analogue black πŸ–€ and white TV.

That's shocking 😯

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:51pm On Jan 07
komekn:

There are too many good quality better midfielders in England at that moment.Foden, Bellingham, Palmer, Rice,Calvin, etc

His best bet is the SE

The boy is obviously talented and the little issues he is having now is transient. I doubt he would wanna dump England for Nigeria. We can approach him no issues but I already know what his answers would be, especially from his minders. "My client is open to rep England and Nigeria, but for now, we are focused on sorting out his club situation, then we can decide when the time is right"

Trust me, once that club situation is sorted, he gets reinstated into the England youth system, and the rest is history. We have been here before, hence the rise of any player not raised here in Naija doesn't move me anymore.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:54pm On Jan 07
Emmy450:

i just can't phantom the rationale why the super eagles choose to camp in Dubai when they could have camped in nigeria, considering our proximity with tournament host.

With Nigeria there are some things that defy all understanding.

You are playing in a tropical country with high humidity. Then you' go and acclimatize for the tournament in a dry low humidity country in the Arab world.

Speechless 😢

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:09pm On Jan 07
Amedino99:
happy birthday big man
Thank you bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:09pm On Jan 07
do4luv14:

Happy splendid Birthday Sir
January fam

Thank you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:10pm On Jan 07
chrisooblog:
Happy Birthday! Blessings bro.

Thank you bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mrwilliams9: 7:13pm On Jan 07
I’m not sure we should be taking a half fit Kelechi for AFCON. Replace him with another midfielder. I’d also drop one of Musa or Sadiq for another midfielder as well.

Maybe bring in Nwakali and Bashiru so we have some variety in the middle of the park. We are already stacked up top.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 7:33pm On Jan 07
The team super eagles played today is a Al Gharbia, a division 3 team in UAE.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:38pm On Jan 07
komekn:

His best bet is the SE
So Nigeria doesn't have better midfielders? Ndidi, Iwobi, Onyeka, Onyedika and Yusuf are joke to you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15405) (15406) (15407) (15408) (15409) (15410) (15411) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lelion, iamdynamite(m), charlesemeka85(m), AndSunGorilla, sojious, Sugarboyy(m), Badbunny and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.