Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,728 members, 7,824,062 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15482) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11724104 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15479) (15480) (15481) (15482) (15483) (15484) (15485) ... (16168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 1:59am On Jan 17
lbrichman2:

There will be goals in that game
A goalless draw is highly unlikely
And there has never been a goalles draw in this tournament and it's almost round 2 of games. Every team is eager to score goals.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:04am On Jan 17
owbabs:
Line up for CIV [by process of elimination]

Nwabali

Aina
Ekong
Ajayi
Bassey/Sanusi

Onyeka
Onyedika
Iwobi

Osimhen
Simon
Lookman
Why not put Bassey at his regular CB

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:11am On Jan 17
Based on EPL performance?

For me Bassey has always played better in SE colors when fielded as a LB. So maybe the right partner in CB is the missing link.

MetalJigsaw:
Why not put Bassey at his regular CB
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 6:25am On Jan 17
So happy for Gift Orban, however, Lyon is shockingly in a precarious position. I do hope Gift find his love for the game again!

Show them what you are made of!! Giftttt!!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 6:30am On Jan 17
This what Paserio will play. I don't understand why people are coming for Sanusi? Do they think it is easy for a left back to put himself in such position to shoot at goal yet run back to defend? He did not even allow the opponent opportunity to put in crosses. He did his job quiet well.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 7:17am On Jan 17
Would like to see how the midfield shapes up against the physical Ivoriens.

Aribo might struggle as usual.....

Expecting to see Onyedika, Onyeka and Iwobi at some point.

Midfield is so thin that we can't afford an Iwobi suspension/injury.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 7:28am On Jan 17
do4luv14:

Nothing you sabi, billions, Napoli, Top 4, Nothing you sabi,
infact I can't wastey time replying you again
Sorry o sabi man
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 7:34am On Jan 17
Gift Orban to Olympique Lyon here we go.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 7:58am On Jan 17
MetalJigsaw:
And there has never been a goalles draw in this tournament and it's almost round 2 of games. Every team is eager to score goals.

Exactly Chief

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:59am On Jan 17
The deal sweet me. I had a feeling the club that will make a move for him will do it swiftly this transfer window. And boom! many woke up to the news.

Marjoribanks:
So happy for Gift Orban, however, Lyon is shockingly in a precarious position. I do hope Gift find his love for the game again!

Show them what you are made of Giftttt!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:00am On Jan 17
Only thing I think we should change is that LB (Bassey) and of course Onyedika replacing Yusuf. Omeruo may be needed though.

caprikon:
Would like to see how the midfield shapes up against the physical Ivoriens.

Aribo might struggle as usual.....

Expecting to see Onyedika, Onyeka and Iwobi at some point.

Midfield is so thin that we can't afford an Iwobi suspension/injury.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 8:24am On Jan 17
🔴🔵 Gift Orban to Olympique Lyon, here we go! Deal done for €13m fee to Gent.

Deal strongly wanted by John Textor, one more top signing after Malick Fofana.

Orban will sign until June 2028, as first called by @hugoguillemet.

Benrahma and Danjuma remain on OL list.

#copied

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:35am On Jan 17
Joebie:

For me Bassey has always played better in SE colors when fielded as a LB. So maybe the right partner in CB is the missing link.

Do we need to find right partner for him to perform?He has not brings EPL performance to super eagles either as CB or LB but I will pick him ahead of Sanusi that I watched against EG.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 9:05am On Jan 17
Chief, i guess its because Sanusi missed two sitters that day. While, to me i think he did very well, not forgetting his primary job on the field which i believe he performed very well.
Lets take into consideration the length of the field he ran to make himself available for those missed goals and we appreciate the effort he put in for the team to succeed.
I think the only replacement due to injury should be Yussuf.
Kog45:
Do we need to find right partner for him to perform?He has not brings EPL performance to super eagles either as CB or LB but I will pick him ahead of Sanusi that I watched against EG.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:00am On Jan 17
solonnachi:
If this is the same RSA that Nigeria will play in world cup qualifiers than we need to up our game oooo
I really enjoyed their game. They pass the ball well. They swift and nimble. It's unfortunate that Tau missed that penalty.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 11:04am On Jan 17
Blueelf:
Remember when they called Chukwueze the next Arjen Robben

Reality is beginning to hit home

And their so-called APOTY couldn't convert school boy chances

Osimhen would never be didier drogba

He has gotten to the peak of his career and last season was the best season he would ever have

I foresee him moving to a non -champions league club when Napoli uses and dumps his ass

grin grin grin grin

And yea, Nigeria is getting kicked out of the group stage as I had predicted before the tourney

HOpefully, this place will become quite for a while after

grin grin grin grin

Wow! You kinda make me wanna ask if you are first of all a Nigerian, a human being or an alien on planet earth. I wouldn't resort to unpleasant responses but I'd like to know if you really meant that @ bolded. You mean to tell us that a player that whole africa crowned as APOTY suddenly became 'their'. Just who are you? This is not very nice. Am sure if they cut you, you do bleed too. Why are you on the extreme of things? And frankly if I may ask, what exactly do you want from us? Should we deny Nigeria or should we start making AI robots that fit your ideologies of what our players should look and play like?

You may say you're just catching cruise but cruises too can sink O! Just ask the person that built Titanic.

As a man thinketh in his heart.... so is he.

Try Philippians 4:8

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:05am On Jan 17
Joebie:

Well.. If we had a good coach I'm sure all these wouldn't be our concern.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:06am On Jan 17
DR Congo v Zambiađź’Ą

Another match to whatđź’Ą
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:21am On Jan 17
dijon:
Chief, i guess its because Sanusi missed two sitters that day. While, to me i think he did very well, not forgetting his primary job on the field which i believe he performed very well.
Lets take into consideration the length of the field he ran to make himself available for those missed goals and we appreciate the effort he put in for the team to succeed.
I think the only replacement due to injury should be Yussuf.
The two chances are too elementary just like Osimhen one on one chance but good we didn't lose the match if we lost then we will know how importantly those chances are to our progression in the group.

I watched the recap of the match and I want to tell you that Sanusi,Simon and Onyeka didn't have good match and only plus for Osimhen was the goal he scored.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ThunderFireAgba: 11:31am On Jan 17
Things not looking good for Al-hassan, might undergo scan to ascertain the level of his injury. Osimhen also uncertain.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 11:32am On Jan 17
kennysville:

Wow! You kinda make me wanna ask if you are first of all a Nigerian, a human being or an alien on planet earth. I wouldn't resort to unpleasant responses but I'd like to know if you really meant that @ bolded. You mean to tell us that a player that whole africa crowned as APOTY suddenly became 'their'. Just who are you? This is not very nice. Am sure if they cut you, you do bleed too. Why are you on the extreme of things? And frankly if I may ask, what exactly do you want from us? Should we deny Nigeria or should we start making AI robots that fit your ideologies of what our players should look and play like?

You may say you're just catching cruise but cruises too can sink O! Just ask the person that built Titanic.

As a man thinketh in his heart.... so is he.

Try Philippians 4:8
Baba you settle down type all these English, even add Bible verse on top for that depressed elf? Nigeria is never in lack of strong men sha grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:48am On Jan 17
ThunderFireAgba:
Things not looking good for Al-hassan, might undergo scan to ascertain the level of his injury. Osimhen also uncertain.

Alhassan already had a scan yesterday. The result weren't announced, but nothing concrete to suggest that the knock he suffered is serious..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:00pm On Jan 17
ThunderFireAgba:
Osimhen is just too injury prone. Wetin do am again now? Sebi im play full match?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:01pm On Jan 17
ThunderFireAgba:
Possible out of tournament?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ThunderFireAgba: 12:04pm On Jan 17
MetalJigsaw:
Possible out of tournament?
I don't know but before tomorrow morning we will have a clearer picture.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ThunderFireAgba: 12:06pm On Jan 17
MetalJigsaw:
Osimhen is just too injury prone. Wetin do am again now? Sebi im play full match?
Lol.
The technical team are protecting their most priced asset. He may start against CIV or come in as a substitute, but al-hassan is not yet certain until evening or tomorrow morning.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 12:11pm On Jan 17
BankyGee:

Baba you settle down type all these English, even add Bible verse on top for that depressed elf? Nigeria is never in lack of strong men sha grin

Yes na... You neva hear say what God cannot do does not exist? E reach like that bros

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 12:13pm On Jan 17
Everyone will want to see what the Moroccans are made of today
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 12:17pm On Jan 17
MetalJigsaw:
DR Congo v Zambiađź’Ą

Another match to whatđź’Ą
Morocco
Morocco
Morocco
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ThunderFireAgba: 12:42pm On Jan 17
Kelechi Iheanacho has continued to shine and shine, while Victor Osimhen returned to training as the Super Eagles get set to take on host nation Cote d’Ivoire in a decisive AFCON Group A match tomorrow.

Tuesday evening training was behind closed doors, but various accounts informed SCORENigeria that Leicester City striker was again outstanding and even scored a spectacular bicycle kick goal.

“He is in the mood to play,” a source simply told SCORENigeria

“He may well be the joker for the Super Eagles against the host country.”

The other cheering news from the team is that star striker Victor Osimhen trained fully after he was excused from the Monday session.

Coach Jose Peseiro told reporters that Osimhen did not train Monday after he complained of some niggles.

Besides injured Alhassan Yusuf, Fenerbache defender Bright Osayi-Samuel also did not train.

He said he suffered food poisoning, which has caused a running stomach and weakness.

Training was very competitive as all the players tried to catch the eye of the coach, who picks the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ThunderFireAgba: 12:47pm On Jan 17
Super Eagles coach Jose Peseiro played mind games and did not give away much in Tuesday’s training as he tried to confuse those who may be around spying for AFCON hosts Cote d’Ivoire ahead of tomorrow’s crucial Group A match.
“Take note that we’re playing against the host team, so he did not give a lot away as regards what his game plan is,” a source told SCORENigeria

There were mainly small-sided games in the training played behind closed doors with the biggest being 8v8 sessions.

He first appeared to maintain the team he started against Equatorial Guinea, before he drafted an extra defender to his flat back four.

There will certainly be changes to the starting XI against Equatorial Guinea, but these changes will only be clearer in the team’s final workout today, which will be open to the media for only the first 15 minutes.

For one, Peseiro has been forced to find a replacement for the impressive Alhassan Yusuf, who will miss Thursday’s epic clash due to a thigh injury.

The injury, which forced the Antwerp midfielder out of the Equatorial Guinea match, is not as serious as initially feared and he is expected to be back for the final group game versus Guinea Bissau on January 22.

He also has more options for Osimhen in centre-forward and could now afford to replace the Napoli star at some point in the game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 1:04pm On Jan 17
Haha, this Boniface na case true true

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (15479) (15480) (15481) (15482) (15483) (15484) (15485) ... (16168) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Odunayaw(m), lukasa, foxman04, Tinneh and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.