Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,693 members, 7,823,946 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15483) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11723597 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15480) (15481) (15482) (15483) (15484) (15485) (15486) ... (16168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by akwesenana: 1:39pm On Jan 17
Starboytwo:
Haha, this Boniface na case true true

The guy na wacko. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 1:46pm On Jan 17
πŸ”₯

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:55pm On Jan 17
Giannis in Lagos Nigeria,bought his own Jersey at Balogun market but the seller didn't recognized him,meaning Nigerians don't watch any game apart from football.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 1:56pm On Jan 17
Starboytwo:
Haha, this Boniface na case true true

no let that banned guy see this thing oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 2:02pm On Jan 17
Jose Peseiro confirms Alhassan Yusuf will not be available for tomorrow's clash against Ivory Coast through injury.

#CIVNGA | #AFCON2023 #copied

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 2:11pm On Jan 17
Papi85:
Jose Peseiro confirms Alhassan Yusuf will not be available for tomorrow's clash against Ivory Coast through injury.

#CIVNGA | #AFCON2023 #copied

Problems
Onyedika needs to step up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 2:16pm On Jan 17
I rewatched the match between Nigeria and E. Guinea and I want to point out some observations.

My takes:

*Nigeria was unsettled by the E.Guinea for the most part of the first half. We couldn't string passes together especially in the midfield and attack.

* The SE is still having a midfield problems. Onyeka and Yusuf worked their socks off but IWOBI continued to be a weak link in the midfield. Iwobi has no sense of responsibility as the team playmaker. Onyeka and Ajayi were usually seen surging forward with the ball while Iwobi kept running around like MKPULU AMU!

*Aina was full of tricks, very strong and lively all through the match.

* Zaidu was very lively but ineffectual. He is full of runs but lacks end product. This is a typical Zaidu style.

* Moses Simon was very poor and I wouldn't start him in the next match. I cant think of his impact in the team.

* Iwobi Lookman started poorly but as the game advanced he picked up and was very good on the ball. He became more aggressive and confident on the ball. In fact, Lookman was the most creative player on the pitch.

*Onyeka, Lookman, Aina ,Yusuf and Ajayi were the most impressive players in the SE colors.

* The Equatorial Guinea were more aggressive played like a unit and bullied the SE to my wonderment.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Strugglingman: 2:21pm On Jan 17
Kog45:
Giannis in Lagos Nigeria,bought his own Jersey at Balogun market but the seller didn't recognized him,meaning Nigerians don't watch any game apart from football.
this is not true , football may be the most popular sport in Nigeria but some Nigerians also watch other sports .

He knew who Giannis was but couldn't identify him facially.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femicyrus(m): 2:29pm On Jan 17
ThunderFireAgba:

Lol.
The technical team are protecting their most priced asset. He may start against CIV or come in as a substitute, but al-hassan is not yet certain until evening or tomorrow morning.
Protecting failure?
They want to crash out first before using them for another qualifier?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:45pm On Jan 17
Strugglingman:
this is not true , football may be the most popular sport in Nigeria but some Nigerians also watch other sports .

He knew who Giannis was but couldn't identify him facially.
Yes am talking about Identity....I can name 100 footballers who are not Nigerians that the seller will identify with ease.He knew who Gianni was but failed to recognize him.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:46pm On Jan 17
When are we going to have defender like Stephen Keshi.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:52pm On Jan 17
Kog45:
The family do watch football even before he blow. His dad especially. He knows naija na football country. Na why he rock Super Eagles jersey during the trip. Lol. At least America can stop with the World tags. He for just include a visit to super eagles camp. E for sweet. But. Respect to his mum in particular.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:55pm On Jan 17
Kog45:
Ekong and Ambrose used to score but since then, to see defender score, even from setpieces, for GWG, it's like server not found. Especially at Afcon. Who was the last defender to score for Nigeria at Afcon?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:00pm On Jan 17
daveP:
Ekong and Ambrose used to score but since then, to see defender score, even from setpieces, for GWG, it's like server not found. Especially at Afcon. Who was the last defender to score for Nigeria at Afcon?
I was expecting Ajayi to take up the mantle. It might be due to the fact that the team lacks a setpiece coach or good FK takers

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 3:00pm On Jan 17
Omanambala:
I rewatched the match between Nigeria and E. Guinea and I want to point out some observations.

My takes:

*Nigeria was unsettled by the E.Guinea for the most part of the first half. We couldn't string passes together especially in the midfield and attack.

* The SE is still having a midfield problems. Onyeka and Yusuf worked their socks off but IWOBI continued to be a weak link in the midfield. Iwobi has no sense of responsibility as the team playmaker. Onyeka and Ajayi were usually seen surging forward with the ball while Iwobi kept running around like MKPULU AMU!

* Zaidu was very lively but ineffectual. He is full of runs but lacks end product. This is a typical Zaidu style.

* Moses Simon was very poor and I wouldn't start him in the next match. I cant think of his impact in the team.

* Iwobi Lookman started poorly but as the game advanced he picked up and was very good on the ball. He became more aggressive and confident on the ball. In fact, Lookman was the most creative player on the pitch.

*Onyeka, Lookman, Aina ,Yusuf and Ajayi were the most impressive players in the SE colors.

* The Equatorial Guinea were more aggressive played like a unit and bullied the SE to my wonderment.

First of all, EQB did not bully us anything
Check the meaning of bullying again..
They unsettled us in the first half yes, because they came to frustrate us and try to score on the counter
Even at that, after their goal, we completely outplayed them

Secondly, Iwobi had a good game
You may not like him personally, but he would have had atleast 2 assists if we converted those chances and through balls he played.

On another day, EQB would have collected atleast 4 goals

Case closed
Next up: CIV

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:10pm On Jan 17
mostob:
I was expecting Ajayi to take up the mantle. It might be due to the fact that the team lacks a setpiece coach or good FK takers

Then this is a bigger problem than i thought. Remember the Falcons at WWC too. No setpieces coach. If there was, it doesn't even reflect 1% presence. It's more annoying when you look at the average of fouls and corner kicks both teams get per game. Smh.

See the excuse cooked for Zaidu missed chanceπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 3:29pm On Jan 17
Players I expect to make ways after AFCON are; Ahmed Musa, Moses Simon, Omeruo, Awaziem, Aribo and Uzoho.

Players I hope they become integral part of the team after AFCON are; Orban, Yusuf and Nwakali.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by akwesenana: 3:42pm On Jan 17
Osimhen dey like who go get very steep peak.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:43pm On Jan 17
Orban's move to a top club like Lyon is worth celebrating but Lyon is really in a bad situation now in the Ligue1. I hope he helps to keep them afloat, and that things don't turn out the way it did for Onuachu when he made same January move to that struggling Southampton.

I wish Durosimi's move didn't collapse. cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:51pm On Jan 17
yinkeys:

Morocco
Morocco
Morocco
we're anticipating a tight contest you're talking Morocco. Morocco and who?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:57pm On Jan 17
Oasis007:
Players I expect to make ways after AFCON are; Ahmed Musa, Moses Simon, Omeruo, Awaziem, Aribo and Uzoho.

Players I hope they become integral part of the team after AFCON are; Orban, Yusuf and Nwakali.
A miss firing Orban? He should get back to his form first.

Did you say Simon? To be replaced by who? Dey play.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 4:02pm On Jan 17
Oasis007:

Add dem Frederick, Daga, Alukwu, Nnadi, Eletu. That Udogie dey pain sha. Italy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:20pm On Jan 17
daveP:
Why i single out Stephen Keshi was,cuz I watched him keenly in his days and till date have not seen both ex and present that are better than him,not only about goal scoring but the charisma and all round performance.

I remember Angola match in Luanda,we are two goals down but Keshi moved from CB and made sure we leveled up with screamer from him and Ademola Adeshina.

Stephen Keshi as a defender have 60 career goals with 9 goals for super eagles.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 4:44pm On Jan 17
Omanambala:

My takes:

not surprised at all that Iwobi to you was the weakest link in midfield 🀣🀣🀣🀣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 4:46pm On Jan 17
akwesenana:

Osimhen dey like who go get very steep peak.
cus he didn’t score 10 against Guinea πŸ₯±πŸ₯±πŸ₯±

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 4:47pm On Jan 17
Oasis007:

I saw what u did there 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 4:50pm On Jan 17
lbrichman2:

They unsettled us in the first half yes, because they came to frustrate us and try to score on the counter

You may not like him personally, but he would have had atleast 2 assists if we converted those chances and through balls he played.

Case closed
if osimhen, zaidu and Lookman were clinical enough that match would hv ended 4-1 in favor of the super eagles

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:55pm On Jan 17
Papi85:
πŸ”΄πŸ”΅ Gift Orban to Olympique Lyon, here we go! Deal done for €13m fee to Gent.

Deal strongly wanted by John Textor, one more top signing after Malick Fofana.

Orban will sign until June 2028, as first called by @hugoguillemet.

Benrahma and Danjuma remain on OL list.

#copied
Good!. I never really see this guy play o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:57pm On Jan 17
lbrichman2:

Case closed
Ibrich,you opened case and closed itπŸ˜€

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:58pm On Jan 17
Kog45:
Keshi, a true legend.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:59pm On Jan 17
Oasis007:

Awaziem,Aribo and Uzoho out and Nwakali in?pls based on what?age or performance

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:03pm On Jan 17
Marjoribanks:
So happy for Gift Orban, however, Lyon is shockingly in a precarious position. I do hope Gift find his love for the game again!

Show them what you are made of!! Giftttt!!!

Always better to go to a sleeping giant.
Than an high-flying underdog.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (15480) (15481) (15482) (15483) (15484) (15485) (15486) ... (16168) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10cedes, Philosopher1979, Danielnino00(m), jihday(m), Lawag3 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.