Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11712072 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15547) (15548) (15549) (15550) (15551) (15552) (15553) ... (16162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cromz(m): 8:18pm On Jan 22
So far so good we have the best defensive record at the Afcon. As earlier stated, our transition from defence to attack is very good. However we are lacking clinically and in decision making in the final third. I hope to see drastic improvements in the coming stages.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:18pm On Jan 22
Sportilitica:

Thank you o. We are not Brazil or Argentina. We are Nigeria
u dey mind them. Na pride n ego dey worry them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 8:19pm On Jan 22
Lower your expectations!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:19pm On Jan 22
Icon4s:

Omo, instead Equatorial Guinea go score 8 more grin
grin I could never have predicted that scoreline Sir

Very scary thing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 8:20pm On Jan 22
komekn:

How do you know his intention ?

Is it raining , is the ball slippery don't think so, call a spade a spade.

I am not guessing intentions here. He literally asked for a towel and got it. He was vocal enough for us to figure out what he was saying. This also isn't exactly novel, Ola Aina did same in previous games when he needed to make long throws. Not questioning the referee's decision as she was well within her rights to book him, but I also can make judgements based on what I saw.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 8:20pm On Jan 22
Sportilitica:

that's the way to go, no surprises if we get knocked out soon.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 8:21pm On Jan 22
minfelix:
But wait oo, i want to understand something, why Equatorial guinea draw with us..if they can actually score 8goals in 2matches…why was our scoring opportunity against them more than theirs in that first game?
Fear. That's all. If they need a win to qualify and they play us last. We go loose
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:21pm On Jan 22
Odunayaw:
If I keep naming dangerous chances you'd keep moving goalposts so no need.

Oga name chances abeg shift which goal post no be same match me and you watch one come sugar coat nonsense for here

The wingers chukwueze, Simon and Bruno are bang averages

If this is the best we got we can by now kiss World Cup quarter finals bye bye
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 8:21pm On Jan 22
Stud your team with players limited in the passing technique and you get drab football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Setaleonoz(m): 8:21pm On Jan 22
Sportilitica:

We drew our first two games in 2013 afcon…,guess what? we won

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:22pm On Jan 22
Oga jpes no listen to anyone cus u re doing a great job

Also don’t be swayed to change ur tactics cus it will be more handy in the knockout phase

Anybody wey wan watch tiki taka mk em wait till weekend to watch man city match

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 8:22pm On Jan 22
I don't believe so. Even though we ended up with a worse record in 2013, our group was tough. Zambia had won the previous tournament and B Faso was a really good team(By African standards). As was evident we both ended up in the finals. But to be fair there weren't many tournaments when we started well.
Samueltemi337:
Are you sure you watched 2013 AFCON?

We did worse than this in 2013 AFCON Group stage
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:22pm On Jan 22
lovewins:

He was asking the coach for a towel to clean the ball hence the delay. Wasn't exactly "exchanging words" and his intention wasn't to waste time.

Bro towels are no longer allowed

If you recall against Ivory Coast

The linesman was yelling no no no
When our staff wanted to give aina a towel for the second time, this can also be a factor

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 8:22pm On Jan 22
He was wasting time , why does he need a towel ?
zicky:
i don't think Bassey was deliberately wasting time. The ref is just not good

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:23pm On Jan 22
Setaleonoz:

We drew our first two games in 2013 afcon…,guess what? we won

even the last group game against Ethiopia 🇪🇹 na luck n moses bail us out if not we for discharge for group

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:23pm On Jan 22
cromz:
So far so good we have the best defensive record at the Afcon. As earlier stated, our transition from defence to attack is very good. However we are lacking clinically and in decision making in the final third. I hope to see drastic improvements in the coming stages.
💯
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:23pm On Jan 22
zicky:
i don't think Bassey was deliberately wasting time. The ref is just not good

The ref is not good
The red is not good

Our Npfl refs that are very very very very good aren’t there but she’s there

That says a lot now keep quiet and let this be the end of it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:24pm On Jan 22
typicalgamer:

Oga name chances abeg shift which goal post no be same match me and you watch one come sugar coat nonsense for here

The wingers chukwueze, Simon and Bruno are bang averages

If this is the best we got we can by now kiss World Cup quarter finals bye bye
Argue with yourself
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:24pm On Jan 22
Second round of the AFCON is always a different ball game. We have seen this play out over and over. In 2013 we only managed to score two late penalties against Ethiopia to finish with 5pts in our group and by the knockout phase we saw a different team. In 2021 we finished our group in flying colours but crashed out at the second round. AFCON history has taught me that the knockout phase is usually a different ball game and I usually go on the path of history. This team can get better at the knockout stage.

We are to play the runner up in the group of:
Senegal
Guinea
Cameroon
Gambia

Most likely to be Guinea or Cameroon.
We can defeat any of these two if we play to our full potentials.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:25pm On Jan 22
cromz:

How can we make changes it’s the same staff we have na they can’t change overnight what we have to pray for is for this their scrappy tactics to keep giving us the victory
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:26pm On Jan 22
Icon4s:
Second round of the AFCON is always a different ball game. We have seen this play out over and over. In 2013 we only managed to score two late penalties against Ethiopia to finish with 5pts in our group and by the knockout phase we saw a different team. In 2021 we finished our group in flying colours but crashed out at the second round. AFCON history has taught me that the knockout phase is usually a different ball game and I usually go on the path of history. This team can get better at the knockout stage.

Senegal
Guinea
Cameroon
Gambia

My prayer was for us to draw this match so our boys will know that they’re human and have to scrap for the next stage

Because 7 points brings some sort of relaxation in the next stage and that’s what I’m afraid of

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:27pm On Jan 22
Odunayaw:
Argue with yourself

Oga name chances don’t run and hide
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 8:27pm On Jan 22
minfelix:
But wait oo, i want to understand something, why Equatorial guinea draw with us..if they can actually score 8goals in 2matches…why was our scoring opportunity against them more than theirs in that first game?
Alhassan Yusuf and Iwobi were the difference makers.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:28pm On Jan 22
Odunayaw:
grin I could never have predicted that scoreline Sir

Very scary thing

Equatorial Guinea have been consistent performers at the AFCON over about a decade now, but they are usually underrated before the start of every AFCON, same with Cape Verde. But they usually turn up

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bannedlargedx2: 8:29pm On Jan 22
Sportilitica:
The coach obviously has a plan but does not have the players to execute it. Osihmen needs a moffi

Let the coach remove one of those ineffective wingers for a striker. Our lb are better than our wingers

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 8:29pm On Jan 22
typicalgamer:

Bro towels are no longer allowed

If you recall against Ivory Coast

The linesman was yelling no no no
When our staff wanted to give aina a towel for the second time, this can also be a factor

Not conversant with the rules on towels quite frankly, but I'm assuming Bassey wouldn't have requested for it and the coach wouldn't have given it if it was a clear violation. Not disputing your claim o, but just sharing my thoughts too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ThunderFireAgba: 8:30pm On Jan 22
Realmrsean:
Na from next round real afcon go start..

By the way Ivory coast were a shadow of themselves..

They might not make it to the next round
They're already out. Winning 1 game with 2 goals and conceding 5goals?
While some teams drew 2games and won 1.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:30pm On Jan 22
I am watching this Ghana vs Mozambique game in the midst of Ghanaians. Their wailing will be music to my ears grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 8:30pm On Jan 22
Consistent top performance in top 5 leagues to d mud.
Jpe's please get a good ball passing MF for us. Even if he is playing in Singapore or India. Enough of this top league nonsense.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:30pm On Jan 22
lovewins:

Not conversant with the rules on towels quite frankly, but I'm assuming Bassey wouldn't have requested for it and the coach wouldn't have given it if it was a clear violation. Not disputing your claim o, but just sharing my thoughts too.

One thing I’ve noticed towel is no longer a thing in epl aside from home team’s strategically keeping it in wait in key areas o behind the throw line
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 8:30pm On Jan 22
Icon4s:

Senegal
Guinea
Cameroon
Gambia

I have a funny feeling that once we are able to score… the flood gates of goals will open.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:32pm On Jan 22
Meliforme:
Alhassan Yusuf and Iwobi were the difference makers.

Alhassan is light years ahead of rapheal onyedicka

(1) (2) (3) ... (15547) (15548) (15549) (15550) (15551) (15552) (15553) ... (16162) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: komekn(m), caprikon and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.