Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15552) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11754331 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15549) (15550) (15551) (15552) (15553) (15554) (15555) ... (16183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 8:52pm On Jan 22
Ghana with Kudus is unstoppable!

Ghana will definitely win by a large margin!

Ghana has the midfield movement and wingers to win this game.

Kudus Samad/Isshaku and Ashimeru is one of the best midfield you could get in Africa. Fast, technical and can shoot!

Painstail and Semeyon will destroy Mozambique.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:53pm On Jan 22
Marjoribanks:

Kudus Samad/Isshaku and Ashimeru is one of the best midfield you could get in Africa. Fast, technical and can shoot!

ok

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 8:54pm On Jan 22
typicalgamer:

If you start all 4 of them even if that’s possible who’s gonna replace them because last i remember we were short handed in midfield

since they are starting, that means Simon and Chukwueze will be on the bench so Simon, Chukwueze, Moffi can replace them, it is football when subs are made formations or style of play is meant to change.

That's one of the problems.. the amount of midfielders is small.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daninya33: 8:54pm On Jan 22
Marjoribanks:

Sir,Calma! Calma! Calm down
Lols.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 8:56pm On Jan 22
komekn:

Dude KC will drift inwards to his comfort zone. Can he cross the ball with his right foot 👣❓

Has he got blistering pace and wavey deceptive skills to get past players IMO a big No. I think he is more suited to being a SS or a number 9
you’re funny
You had to drop the feet emoji
Today Simon played with 2 🦶 🦶 right legs
And Chukwueze played with 2 🦵 left legs
No quality crosses except the Simon Moses goal and one from Aina to Osimhen head

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 8:56pm On Jan 22
typicalgamer:

The argument is about past and present terms
It’s the terms being used not the results

If a kid in class always takes first place

And one they you match up to him and both you and the kid are first place would you say the kid finally caught up to you or you finally caught up to the kid

We came from behind so we drew with them that’s the correct term that’s my point

no matter how you will put it, they can never beat us..wether come from behind or not…that shows we have superior mentality over them..after their 1-0 go they went to sleep..why didnt dey switch into beast mode…instead it was eagles that almost tore them apart
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:56pm On Jan 22
codemaniacs:

since they are starting, that means Simon and Chukwueze will be on the bench so Simon, Chukwueze, Moffi can replace them, it is football when subs are made formations or style of play is meant to change.

That's one of the problems.. the amount of midfielders is small.

So you expect Simon, chukwueze and moffi to fall back when there’s a counter

Bro you have so much faith in these wingers 😂 😂😂😂😂

There’s a difference between a winger and a midfielder

Only iwobi has bridged that gap those guys you mentioned coming off the bench are disaster waiting to happen.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 8:58pm On Jan 22
Marjoribanks:

Naso Equitorial Guinea beat Ivory Coast
Expose dem finish
What If they man mark Kudus even though I know he is a physical player

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:58pm On Jan 22
minfelix:

no matter how you will put it, they can never beat us..wether come from behind or not…that shows we have superior mentality over them..after their 1-0 go they went to sleep..why didnt dey switch into beast mode…instead it was eagles that almost tore them apart

Bro I’m talking about present and past terms being used I’m not talking about the match oga

They scored first so we came from behind

So if you were a full time analyst

You’ll say on air with over 10 million people watching that Equatorial Guinea came from behind to draw Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 9:00pm On Jan 22
No game time yet for iheanacho, Musa, Moffi, Onyemaechi S.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 9:00pm On Jan 22
yinkeys:

Naso Equitorial Guinea beat Ivory Coast
Expose dem finish
What If they man mark Kudus even though I know he is a physical player

That’s how great players are made still doing what you’re supposed to do

When you’re man marked or double teamed mark
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 9:00pm On Jan 22
yinkeys:
No game time yet for iheanacho, Musa, Moffi

I actually thought musa would came in this match though
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 9:04pm On Jan 22
Meliforme:
Osimhen is our most dangerous forward. He doesn't just have players at his class around him.

Osimhen has players at his class all around him..

It is Osimhen that is playing like a Serie C player and missing chances and been offside all the time as if he is an amateur.

do not defend Osimhen's lacklustre performance.. he is currently rubbish..

the chance he nodded wide when he was free he could have changed his running pattern from straight to diagonal and controlled the ball and scored but he does not have the intelligence to do that same way he does not have the intelligence to stay onside..

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:06pm On Jan 22
They really cooking Osimhen on X.

Boniface would have shone here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by akwesenana: 9:10pm On Jan 22
charlesemeka85:
Oga jpes no listen to anyone cus u re doing a great job

Also don’t be swayed to change ur tactics cus it will be more handy in the knockout phase

Anybody wey wan watch tiki taka mk em wait till weekend to watch man city match
I just tire, boss.
Once Osimhen turn up, every where go set.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 9:12pm On Jan 22
isan:
He was wasting time , why does he need a towel ?
why should he be wasting time was there really a reason for that? I don't see that way.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:13pm On Jan 22
akwesenana:
I just tire, boss.
Once Osimhen turn up, every where go set.

and if he doesn't turn up? na 3 games so far o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 9:15pm On Jan 22
typicalgamer:

Bro I’m talking about present and past terms being used I’m not talking about the match oga

They scored first so we came from behind

So if you were a full time analyst

You’ll say on air with over 10 million people watching that Equatorial Guinea came from behind to draw Nigeria

yoi are speaking analysts english “came from behind to draw” while me im asking why they drew d game…wether came from behind im not after that football analyst english, im after why they fail to win us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by akwesenana: 9:15pm On Jan 22
charlesemeka85:
Even if they win many will still complain here cus they didn’t play like pep’s barca 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I swear.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 9:16pm On Jan 22
typicalgamer:

The ref is not good
The red is not good

Our Npfl refs that are very very very very good aren’t there but she’s there

That says a lot now keep quiet and let this be the end of it
come close my mouth as owner of nairaland. I should not air my view because one faceless individual say so. I'm saying is again, the ref was poor. What's my business with npfl refs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 9:17pm On Jan 22
codemaniacs:

Osimhen has players at his class all around him..

It is Osimhen that is playing like a Serie C player and missing chances and been offside all the time as if he is an amateur.

do not defend Osimhen's lacklustre performance.. he is currently rubbish..

the chance he nodded wide when he was free he could have changed his running pattern from straight to diagonal and controlled the ball and scored but he does not have the intelligence to do that same way he does not have the intelligence to stay onside..
You can fault his abilities at finishing, but he excels in others, like ball control, press ressistance, hold up play, key passes etc despite being a center forward.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:17pm On Jan 22
Tah, soft penalty to give Ghana
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:19pm On Jan 22
yinkeys:
Jose Peseiro should watch last seasons goals from Osimhen & Napoli, try to setup eagles like that if he wants Osimhen to be on the score sheet regularly
Otherwise bring in Moffi
Chances are not been converted
What is going on
Our wingers aren’t quick enough and can’t even cross
Let natural right footers play from the right and left footers at the left.
Hoping we don’t pay for all the missed chances in the knockout stages
We are playing 5 at the back because the coach doesn’t trust his defense to hold if they play 4 - 3 -3

Bro oshimen will take u guys out of this afcon

U don't go rely on a player that is little above average

Try out other strikers bring Oshimen from the bench.

Oshimen will not score a goal if u keep starting him. Dude is not ready for this afcon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:21pm On Jan 22
charlesemeka85:
bring any of them we shall conquer

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:22pm On Jan 22
Goke7:

that's the way to go, no surprises if we get knocked out soon.

you're not patriotic

grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by akwesenana: 9:22pm On Jan 22
Osimhen has proved to be a good team player. Maybe he should be paired with another clinical striker.
3-5-2 go better going forward.
Let's depend on Aina and Lookman for width.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 9:23pm On Jan 22
minfelix:

yoi are speaking analysts english “came from behind to draw” while me im asking why they drew d game…wether came from behind im not after that football analyst english, im after why they fail to win us

Jesus Christ bro i can’t believe what I’m hearing from you 🤣 🤣 you don fall my hand big time

I’m not talking about the match oga
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:24pm On Jan 22
I appreciate the take-ons Bassey did in the final third today.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 9:24pm On Jan 22
zicky:
come close my mouth as owner of nairaland. I should not air my view because one faceless individual say so. I'm saying is again, the ref was poor. What's my business with npfl refs

I’m sorry my dude i stepped out of line there

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:24pm On Jan 22
No single pro player in this Mozambique team. Just bunch of morgue attendants masquerading as footballers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:24pm On Jan 22
Marjoribanks:
We have wingers who doesn't understand basic football principles.

Don't know when to pass, where to pass, when to shoot nor when not to shoot. Pathetic.

We have midfielders who can't press, run and shoot.

We have a number 9 who is having a beef with luck.

Only the defense and the goalkeeper are above average!

This team lacks the physicality and technique to control a game.

Pathetic team!

This is a surprise

Are you changing your opinions?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 9:24pm On Jan 22
humility33:

Bro oshimen will take u guys out of this afcon

U don't go rely on a player that is little above average

Try out other strikers bring Oshimen from the bench.

Oshimen will not score a goal if u keep starting him. Dude is not ready for this afcon

I swear
The guy is not ready
Plus if we concede first it will be very hard to score with our formation
And the way our forwards are not connecting
Moffi should start next game

(1) (2) (3) ... (15549) (15550) (15551) (15552) (15553) (15554) (15555) ... (16183) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AndSunGorilla, Marjoribanks, EEGA, dymusty86, abbey086(m), Hanibal(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.