Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,672 members, 7,823,899 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15597) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11723379 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15594) (15595) (15596) (15597) (15598) (15599) (15600) ... (16168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femicyrus(m): 8:16am On Jan 27
drDoom3:

We will easily physically match Cameroon.

Bassey and Aina physically dominated Ivory Coast. In the midfield Onyeka and Alhassan can match anyone, or at least draw a foul when necessary. Osimhen up top, much does not need to be said. Lookman playing as a striker for Atalanta has really helped him step up physically, I remember a duel he had with Seko Fofana in the Ivory Coast game, I didn't know Ademola was that strong.
Much talk about ivory coast as if we played against France.
The same ivory coast that lost 0-4 to EG?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 8:27am On Jan 27
MetalJigsaw:
Oya wetin be d scorelineπŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
na 3-1πŸ˜œπŸ˜…

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:35am On Jan 27
komekn:

You lack integrity honour and lack the capacity to comprehend. I stick to specifics and not sentiment.

If you feel belittled by my diction and manner of expression 😭it's not my fault. Your could educate yourself 😜

You have been caught in a bare faced lie πŸ€₯ you said Aina was at fault. I showed a video clip proving beyond any doubt that Omeruo was entirely at fault for both goals. First of all admit you were wrong.

At no TIME WHATSOEVER did I hype the Cameroon, rather I gave the remedy to deal with Thier physicality from the resources available. I quote myself below

Your selection will see us get whipped, Violated and mashed up. Starting from the defence:

This is athletic power football ⚽ Omeruo ( expired drug) will get overpowered, outpaced ( slow) and out jumped and bullied. I remember how he got destroyed by Cameroon the last time.

CB's have to be Ekong and Bassey ( Afang with pounded yam) eee no get contest. Aina is deceptively fast and strong with football intelligence and arguably the best passing and crossing range in the entire SE team, that's both left and right feet. Zaidu all brawn and no brains I'll play Aina LB and Osayi RB

And please do not quite scripture out of context that's not holding the word of God in reverence. How you could have interpreted my succinct descriptive strategy in the way you have is bewildering.

Whaaeeten de do you, you are not more Nigerian than me.
It's best to ignore you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:55am On Jan 27
Mujtahida:

It's best to ignore you

When faced with truth most liars EVADE or just hide and keep QUITE.

I understand 😊
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:56am On Jan 27
Game day.

Praying and cautiously optimistic of a positive result today.

It's going to be a physical battle but I'm hopeful our superior qualities will help us advance.

Need our defense to be extra solid plus our forwards and wingers to come to the party.

LET'S GO SUPER EAGLES!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:01am On Jan 27
How did you come to the conclusion will get wasted in midfield after observing him in the one match where he was our best player?

komekn:

There is an assumption by quite a few that because you were born in the UK you no get gidigbo and gbeghe for body.

Frank Onyeka is satisfactory but Alhassan will get wasted in midfield.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:05am On Jan 27
Egbon I completely disagree. Omeruo was beaten in the air in the midfield of our own half but we had enough people at the back to have cleared the ball which included Aina who was beaten for pace and strength by the Cameroonian winger.

Kog45:
Yes Omeruo was at fault,very poor aerial contest as CB and Aina had 50/50 chance to avert the situation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:10am On Jan 27
My guy Cameroon and Ghana especially are two annoying teams that turn to prime Chelsea in the Mourinho era whenever they face us.

charlesemeka85:
This Cameroon wey I Dey watch their match now with Guinea I swear we go beat them comfortably
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:14am On Jan 27
chrisooblog:
How did you come to the conclusion will get wasted in midfield after observing him in the one match where he was our best player?

First of all IMO he was not the best player against EQG.

He huffed and puffed but he couldn't blow the house 🏠 down for me. Limited technical ability, invention and creativity. But a lot of running and effort, he ran out of steam and has no physicality .

Against a very physical and robust Cameroon he will get wasted. He doesn't have the technical dexterity or speed to evade and wade through much bigger taller physically stronger πŸ’ͺ🏿 players with skill and technique.

In addition he has no aerial dominance against the much taller Cameroon midfielders.

That's how l came to my deduction, do you disagree ❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:22am On Jan 27
komekn:

I understand 😊

Every reasonable person that value his/her time will always ignore you for good.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:26am On Jan 27
chrisooblog:
Egbon I completely disagree. Omeruo was beaten in the air in the midfield of our own half but we had enough people at the back to have cleared the ball which included Aina who was beaten for pace and strength by the Cameroonian winger.

Aina was ahead of Omeruo and to his left and spread out in 4 -3 -3 formation as would be expected.

Omeruo who was the CB could see a long telegraphed routine long ball coming from 40 yards, completely missed the header got bullied and out muscled by the Cameroon forward.

Aina was moving forward in anticipation expecting Omeruo to intercept this routine simple long ball and head into his pathway so he can receive it and start an offensive move forward.

But Omeruo messed up big time , Aina was forced to sprint back to clear his mess but it was in vain the damage had already been by done.

Even the second cross was very poor defending and anticipation by Omeruo.

Omeruo was directly responsible for both goals.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:33am On Jan 27
humility33:

Every reasonable person that value his/her time will always ignore you for good.

Why πŸ€” you do find it difficult to address the specifics, the items in question, the handicaps as identified and specified. You avoid the quantifiable variables that are clear to see.

You then move to attack the person and avoid the content.

The principle of the reasonable man means you consider rational and appraise it.

But you evade and castigate, you are UNREASONABLE you have proven it here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 11:12am On Jan 27
chrisooblog:

You dey mind that CAPrisone. I wonder what he watches in football. There was Zero tactical awareness by both Ekong and Aina. Your CB went up for a ball and both of the stood there watching. Things that happen everytime in games. If he gets a slight nudge, he will miss the ball. But who was covering at the back, no one. Aina was watching, Ekong was watching until the ball dropped. It's even funny how he was removed like paper by the Cameroon attacker. Jpes as a matter of fact have seen all these. Aina as player is good when you are in the front foot. But if your life depends on the defence, he is not that man. Anyone can argue, but that's the reality about him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:12am On Jan 27
komekn:

I understand 😊
Quiet not quite. Your spelling is atrocious for someone who has stayed in England for so long.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:23am On Jan 27
humility33:

He talks a lot of insufferable nonsense. I had to ignore him cos my head became stiff just trying to wrap my head around the things he's saying

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 11:30am On Jan 27
komekn:

Aina was ahead of Omeruo and to his left and spread out in 4 -3 -3 formation as would be expected.

Omeruo who was the CB could see a long telegraphed routine long ball coming from 40 yards, completely missed the header got bullied and out muscled by the Cameroon forward.

,, but it was in vain the damage had already been by done.

Pictures don't lie. This was the Aina that was moving forward in anticipation of a header. He was miles ahead of the opponent. But he was out ran and shoved aside.
There is no player that wins 100% of aerial battles. Aina as a WB is incredible. But as a LB or RB. My hand no dey.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:32am On Jan 27
Class CAPtain Aina was caught napping end of.

Omeruo getting beaten in the air happens to every decent defender on any given day.

Kenneth responsible for the second goal True true na CAPrisone full your blood stream.

komekn:

Aina was moving forward in anticipation expecting Omeruo to intercept this routine simple long ball and head into his pathway so he can receive it and start an offensive move forward.

But Omeruo messed up big time , Aina was forced to sprint back to clear his mess but it was in vain the damage had already been by done.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:34am On Jan 27
komekn:

One good ball doesn't make a top player. He is simply TOO SLOW ( tortoise 🐒)and will get wasted.
one match does not define Kenneth also

By your logic
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:34am On Jan 27
Isn't running and effort part of physicality?

Honestly your takes have me wary of you as a football scout.

komekn:

First of all IMO he was not the best player against EQG.

He huffed and puffed but he couldn't blow the house 🏠 down for me. Limited technical ability, invention and creativity. But a lot of running and effort, he ran out of steam and has no physicality .

Against a very physical and robust Cameroon he will get wasted. He doesn't have the technical dexterity or speed to evade and wade through much bigger taller physically stronger πŸ’ͺ🏿 players with skill and technique.

In addition he has no aerial dominance against the much taller Cameroon midfielders.

That's how l came to my deduction, do you disagree ❓

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:37am On Jan 27
humility33:

Well said.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:40am On Jan 27
Mujtahida:

Quiet not quite. Your spelling is atrocious for someone who has stayed in England for so long.

Quiet 🀫 thank you for the correction.

You are still EVADING the question ❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:44am On Jan 27
chrisooblog:

Are you trying to take the Mickey❓❓, to say you don't know, exactly what is meant by physicality.

Running and effort are about stamina.

When we talk about the physicality of Cameroon it's not stamina we are talking about.

I am sure 95% of people here can explain it to you , if you don't know.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 11:52am On Jan 27
I earnestly hope we win today, it will be very good.

My only prayer is make Onana keep, haha, we go win be that. I go laugh tire, grin I like the guy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:00pm On Jan 27
chrisooblog:
Class CAPtain Aina was caught napping end of.

Omeruo getting beaten in the air happens to every decent defender on any given day.

Kenneth responsible for the second goal True true na CAPrisone full your blood stream.

Your contradict yourself, Omeruo gets floored and wasted from a long telegraphed simple ball and it's Aina's fault.

I was being generous to Omeruo, Yaya sent from about 95 yards a long ball from just outside his 18 box , you can see it coming from a mile away.

Omeruo's anticipation was poor and he missed a simple clearing header in addition he could not hold of the stronger Cameroon forward.

It's very poor defending you can't blame Aina for the mistakes of his CB.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:02pm On Jan 27
I mean he is not saying anything unless he is suggesting he is going to adopt a conservative approach
Odunayaw:
Score one goal (1) and not concede (0) = draw?

I don't understand
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:07pm On Jan 27
My remedy to deal the Cameron onslaught of physicality and long ball is to have Ekong and Bassey in defence as CB's

In the wing back roles Aina LB and Osayi RB.

Midfield Iwobi, Aribo and Onyeka, you need technical ability, creativity and invention to beat the Cameroon team.

Forwards Ademola, VO and Moses or Chukwueze but my first preference is Moses for his work rate (backtracking) and better physicality. In a 4-3-3 formation

If things don't go well you could probably go 4-4-2 take off moses and put in Moffi for two strikers up front. With Ademola crossing the ball.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:12pm On Jan 27
Are you for real?

A poster just should of screenshot of the exact moment Kenneth was beaten and you're still claiming he was floored?

SMH undecided

komekn:

Your contradict yourself, Omeruo gets floored and wasted from a long telegraphed simple ball and it's Aina's fault.

I was being generous to Omeruo, Yaya sent from about 95 yards a long ball from just outside his 18 box , you can see it coming from a mile away.

Omeruo's anticipation was poor and he missed a simple clearing header in addition he could not hold of the stronger Cameroon forward.

It's very poor defending you can't blame Aina for the mistakes of his CB.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:15pm On Jan 27
At what point was Yusuf struggling physically against the EG players.

Infact I won't waste my time again suit yourself.

komekn:

Are you trying to take the Mickey❓❓, to say you don't know, exactly what is meant by physicality.

Running and effort are about stamina.

When we talk about the physicality of Cameroon it's not stamina we are talking about.

I am sure 95% of people here can explain it to you , if you don't know.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:20pm On Jan 27
I think the bottom line of JPs statement is we want to win in style but if we end up with a drab 1-0 win we will take it.

Algeria and Ghana that scored loads of goals with 'sexy penetrating passes' copy Amokachi have gone home we on the other hand are still around with our ISIS style football.

Joebie:
I mean he is not saying anything unless he is suggesting he is going to adopt a conservative approach
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 12:32pm On Jan 27
chrisooblog:
At what point was Yusuf struggling physically against the EG players.

Infact I won't waste my time again suit yourself.

He will never go near those pictures to yarn his dust as usual. See acres of space in front. How was Aina the speedster beaten to that ball. Shoved aside that he even entered corner.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:39pm On Jan 27
Honestly it's infuriating? Even Stevie Wonder can see was infront of his man but was pushed off like a small child.

comodo:

He will never go near those pictures to yarn his dust as usual. See acres of space in front. How was Aina the speedster beaten to that ball. Shoved aside that he even entered corner.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:43pm On Jan 27
chrisooblog:

wahala for who dey believe this guy is a scout grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (15594) (15595) (15596) (15597) (15598) (15599) (15600) ... (16168) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: do4luv14(m), Joezinho, opes and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.