Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,363 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15598) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11720522 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15595) (15596) (15597) (15598) (15599) (15600) (15601) ... (16166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 12:46pm On Jan 27
Chelsea boss Mauricio Pochettino has made Victor Osimhen his number one transfer target.

(Soulrce: TEAMtalk)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 12:53pm On Jan 27
chrisooblog:
Honestly it's infuriating? Even Stevie Wonder can see was infront of his man but was pushed off like a small child.

If I say that Aina brain sleeps for 2 secs in every 20mins. Many people will come for my head. But if u don't gerrit forgerabourit.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 12:58pm On Jan 27
komekn:

When faced with truth most liars EVADE or just hide and keep QUITE.

I understand 😊
Quiet* ✍🏾

I greet again boss πŸ™ŒπŸΎπŸ˜Œ
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:01pm On Jan 27
komekn:
My remedy to deal the Cameron onslaught of physicality and long ball is to have Ekong and Bassey in defence as CB's

In the wing back roles Aina LB and Osayi RB.

Midfield Iwobi, Aribo and Onyeka, you need technical ability, creativity and invention to beat the Cameroon team.

Forwards Ademola, VO and Moses or Chukwueze but my first preference is Moses for his work rate (backtracking) and better physicality. In a 4-3-3 formation

If things don't go well you could probably go 4-4-2 take off moses and put in Moffi for two strikers up front. With Ademola crossing the ball.
same Aribo? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 1:06pm On Jan 27
For 2days game. Peseiro will play the same personnel vs CIV. He will not change it. Lookman and Samu will flank Osimhen.
Iwobi & Frank in MF. The same Wing backs and Defenders. Nacho, Yusuf, Onyedika and Simon will feature when PS wants to switch tactics. You can take this to d bank.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 1:07pm On Jan 27
jihday:
wahala for who dey believe this guy is a scout grin
He is...

He dey scout the salaries of players. Scout na scout.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 1:13pm On Jan 27
BankyGee:

He is...

He dey scout the salaries of players. Scout na scout.

You know book

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 1:16pm On Jan 27
chrisooblog:
My guy Cameroon and Ghana especially are two annoying teams that turn to prime Chelsea in the Mourinho era whenever they face us.

Cameroon only come alive against us when it's afcon final. Those goats don't put up much fight in other matches. Check the history.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 1:18pm On Jan 27
maidaboi:
same Aribo? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

i DON tire. Aribo is not really a midfielder.
he cannot play in central midfield in a 2 man midfield. He can only play in a 3 man midfield as a pseudo attacking midfielder
and even then he is limited.
He is best as a supporting striker, winger or roving forward.
his perfomance in a 2 man midfield in our last match was shambolic.
Clearly Alhassan Yusuf is better than him as a midfielder.
You dont ask a doctor to represent you in court as a lawyer. It will not work

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 1:19pm On Jan 27
maidaboi:
same Aribo? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
you know the saying about the letter 6 being a 9 to another? That's how he sees aribo compared to how everyone sees aribo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 1:19pm On Jan 27
komekn:

Your selection will see us get whipped, Violated and mashed up. Starting from the defence:

This is athletic power football ⚽ Omeruo ( expired drug) will get overpowered, outpaced ( slow) and out jumped and bullied. I remember how he got destroyed by Cameroon the last time.

CB's have to be Ekong and Bassey ( Afang with pounded yam) eee no get contest. Aina is deceptively fast and strong with football intelligence and arguably the best passing and crossing range in the entire SE team, that's both left and right feet. Zaidu all brawn and no brains I'll play Aina LB and Osayi RB.

Alhassan be like fowl that breeze go carry go. He has no physicality and poor stamina and not enough inventive creative technicality, add to that he is short no aerial ability it's over against Cameroon with tall midfielders a big liability.

Raphael is a very strong immobile brick 🧱 wall that has zero creativity, Onyeka is much more mobile they offer very little inventiveness and creativity they are both water πŸ’¦ carriers but the best is Frank ( great stamina)

Forwards only two choices without question Ademola and VO, who should play wing Simon or Chukwueze, I don't know both have different issues and they can't cross consistently with quality. Poor end product.

Midfield has to be Iwobi (AM) plus Aribo and Onyeka with a bit more creativity coming from Aribo.

It's going to be a long hard day , Cameroon are fired up .

If to say this forum na class and they give the class captain work to write names of noise makers, I swear na your name go dey appear on top of the list.

Only you write all the above with ur full chest... na wah O. Where is the truth in all you wrote. Even if dem dey call you bias at least dey hide am small. Abi na cruise you too dey catch?

The above defies all logical reasoning.
You really need to repent.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:24pm On Jan 27
komekn:
My remedy to deal the Cameron onslaught of physicality and long ball is to have Ekong and Bassey in defence as CB's

In the wing back roles Aina LB and Osayi RB.

Midfield Iwobi, Aribo and Onyeka, you need technical ability, creativity and invention to beat the Cameroon team.

Forwards Ademola, VO and Moses or Chukwueze but my first preference is Moses for his work rate (backtracking) and better physicality. In a 4-3-3 formation

If things don't go well you could probably go 4-4-2 take off moses and put in Moffi for two strikers up front. With Ademola crossing the ball.
Aribo? You are a scout? Na wa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 2:27pm On Jan 27
Komkn always remind me of Reno Omokri,
especially his bias towards the Igbos since Peter Obi decamped from PDP,akin to Kome's bias towards our home grown professionals.

Always feed his followers with several fragmentary imformations of every topic as he believed he knows it all and have all the answers.

Komekn, like Reno to an extent, believed himself to be omniscient Czar whose wisdom and opinion is absolute and final,
every other opinion becomes obsolete.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel10: 2:27pm On Jan 27
Please let Peseiro change his formation. The 4-3-3 is much more balanced and productive in terms of chances created.

If he must go with three at the back, let him play 3-5-2 with Iwobi at AM and Osimhen and a strike partner in front. The 3-4-3 leaves a wide gaping hole in the center of our midfield which Guinea Bissau exploited at the beginning of the last match to dominate possession.

We cannot afford to abandon possession to a team that actually knows what to do with the ball. Ire o!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ekehopp2: 2:41pm On Jan 27
comodo:
For 2days game. Peseiro will play the same personnel vs CIV. He will not change it. Lookman and Samu will flank Osimhen.
Iwobi & Frank in MF. The same Wing backs and Defenders. Nacho, Yusuf, Onyedika and Simon will feature when PS wants to switch tactics. You can take this to d bank.
No surprising really. You don't change a winning team. They've been doing wel, just need to convert more of their chances.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Hanibal(m): 2:48pm On Jan 27
Please guys it's match day,
Stop engaging komekn! undecided
Abeg ... I've read the guy's takes here for at least 5 years now, he's best left alone to his "Anglo-Nigerian players" delusions.
Logic is alien to him, it won't fly .

And anyone who still believes komekn has anything to do with football outside of this forum, talk less of being a football scout is simply buying into his grand delusions grin

I mean .....what manner of football scout watched Nigeria vs EQG and say Alhassan Yussuf didn't impress? Just how?
Where did he learn his own scouting? Who employed such incompetence?

Back to match analysis people!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 2:57pm On Jan 27
Starting lineup according to owngoalnigeria

Stanley Nwabali
Ola Aina
Zaidu Sanusi
Calvin Bassey
William Troost-Ekong
Semi Ajayi
Frank Onyeka
Alex Iwobi
Ademola Lookman
Moses Simon
Victor Osimhen

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 3:03pm On Jan 27
chrisooblog:
Are you for real?

A poster just should of screenshot of the exact moment Kenneth was beaten and you're still claiming he was floored?

SMH undecided

You no see say him jump the comment pass?

Any one wey him no fit comment wey him no fit shift goal post, him no de touch am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 3:11pm On Jan 27
grin grin
kingphilip:

You no see say him jump the comment pass?

Any one wey him no fit comment wey him no fit shift goal post, him no de touch am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 3:48pm On Jan 27
Who are the people to score today?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 3:52pm On Jan 27
I sense that this encounter will go the distance into extra time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:57pm On Jan 27
komekn:

Abegi, which Omeruo was retired from football? Vincent Aboubakar is no threat.

You are contradicting yourself, Vincent is one of their most physical players

Look at how Omeruo got violated like a school boy, basic long ball and cross and he just got bullied like a youth player playing with men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StpWi-U_lCM?si=Rzt1mQAei2oFvU-t

Oga carry your negativity go. You don't remember all the other duels Omeruo won in that game even in our last game. If Omeruo was one of those your Borough kids, you won't be Hammering such comment
VINCENT ABOUBAKAR IS NO THREAT TO THIS DEFENSE. Take that.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 4:34pm On Jan 27
Icon4s:

Oga carry your negativity go. You don't remember all the other duels Omeruo won in that game even in our last game. If Omeruo was one of those your Borough kids, you won't be Hammering such comment
Omeruo is not starting today but one thing I know about him he is a tournament player.....hope will bring the ball down and do the needful cuz Cameroon team is poor

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ThunderFireAgba: 4:34pm On Jan 27
Icon4s:

Apart from Aboubakar who else do they have? No one.
Even Chupo Moting is not around.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 4:39pm On Jan 27
Icon4s:

Hope you know
If you call abubarka

We will reply you With
Osimhen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ThunderFireAgba: 4:39pm On Jan 27
Kog45:
Omeruo is not starting today but one thing I know about him he is a tournament player.....hope will bring the ball down and do the needful cuz Cameroon team is poor
Omeruo's long balls has been an advantage to this team in a long while. Check the long pass he gave to Musa during the World Cup and Check the eagle eye catching pass he gave to Aina that resulted in EG player scoring an own goal. Almost the same pattern.
Dunno what Ekong is doing with his long passes that go haywire embarassed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:50pm On Jan 27
Amedino99:
you know the saying about the letter 6 being a 9 to another? That's how he sees aribo compared to how everyone sees aribo.
Aribo feeds his English bias. That's all. If Aribo was locally trained, you'd see how komekn will shit on him.

I like Aribo but currently he's not playing well.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 5:05pm On Jan 27
comodo:
No Moffi again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:11pm On Jan 27
Mujtahida:

Aribo feeds his English bias. That's all. If Aribo was locally trained, you'd see how komekn will shit on him.

I like Aribo but currently he's not playing well.

Komekn that specializes in pulling down Nigerian groomed players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:11pm On Jan 27
yinkeys:

No Moffi again

Moffi for Start ahead of Osimhen?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 5:20pm On Jan 27
maidaboi:
same Aribo? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Sometimes I feel for Komekn when he is being dragged but then that guy likes to seek attention like a soldier. Leave him to cap.

Today he will watch Alhassan and swallow his vomit of opinion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:23pm On Jan 27
Another 90mins in the bag for Maduka Okoye but unfortunately they lost 2:0 away to Atalanta

(1) (2) (3) ... (15595) (15596) (15597) (15598) (15599) (15600) (15601) ... (16166) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2innocent(m), chrisooblog, lovewins, do4luv14(m), charlesemeka85(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.