Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,973 members, 7,810,701 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15747) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11598322 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15744) (15745) (15746) (15747) (15748) (15749) (15750) ... (16122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:53pm On Feb 06
You get! lol! Unfortunately, the younger ones are even worse. lol!
daveP:
A key aspect of game theory and data analysis. No mind them.🤣

They forget this is why the job of video analyst is now a core sector of coaching crews nowadays. Those guys can use data and analyze great teams and how to havk them in minutes. They need to step up. Or na to tage them old school and let the younger ones take over.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:56pm On Feb 06
daveP:
😂😂😂😂

They don't want power and control. No wonder pinnick use dem run many things and is still doing like boss till now.

They for be like Platini/Perez by now. But na peanuts dey move them. Imagine going to the streets to get boys and making great profit that benefits everyone with all legal paperwork and all? Will there be need to be "heyce, Matt, send me $2k. Rem i helped your career"?

I need more of Remo starts and Sporting Lagos. See Alukwu for example.

Alukwu was the best player of our team back in school. Boy was so talented. Hopefully he will move to Europe soon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 11:57pm On Feb 06
Barryseal:

You can't talk about substitute role without recalling that a prime Ighalo kept Oshimen at the bench throughout Afcon 2019. If Ighalo could do that to Osimhen, imagine what Adriano and Crespo could have done to him.
hahahaha. U go fear analysis. Who was the coach then? And what was osihmen then?. Omo the kind of analysis I get here at times is something else. So osihmen should just jump in and bench established ighalo. If ighalo was around now, I doubt he will bench osihmen. However this your take is baseless because they played in two different eras . Is like saying a 17yr old Messi was benched by Crespo. Baba osihmen as far as nigerian football is concerned is a legend. We are talking of an AFOTY. GIVE the guy his respect he didn't bribe his way through it. If your so called striker was good, he should have gotten it in his era. Provided he is not crowned, he is well below osimhen.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 11:58pm On Feb 06
ChrisKels:
2023 AFCON PLAYERS WITH THE MOST TACKLES

1 🇳🇬Calvin Bassey: 12
2 🇳🇬Ola Aina: 10
3 🇲🇷Ibrahima Keita: 10
4 🇨🇮Wilfried Singo: 9
5 🇬🇶Iván Salvador: 9
6 🇲🇷Omare Gassama: 8
7 🇲🇱Diadie Samassékou: 8
8 🇸🇳Krépin Diatta: 8
9 🇨🇩Gedeon Kalulu: 8
10 🇳🇬Frank Onyeka: 7

Bassey is the greatest revelation of this Afcon for the Eagles followed by Onyeka, we have known Aina before now but he has shone much more than a million stars!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:02am On Feb 07
Goke7:

Bassey is the greatest revelation of this Afcon for the Eagles followed by Onyeka, we have known Aina before now but he has shone much more than a million stars!

I was never a fan of Onyeka until this AFCON. The boy is good

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by leathalbeast: 12:03am On Feb 07
daveP:
What's now there? You're not used to compliments like this?lol

Who wants to join bredas that Asamoah Gyan say lack passion?
will be here to Console you tomorrow after your loss to SA

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:21am On Feb 07
mostob:
Who told you Onyeka is not a DM please? That is his primary position. He is just like Kante. DMs like them like to roam rather than stay rigid and hold position in the midfield.

To your last question, Yusuf doesn't have that physical presence to play as a DM. His height is another issue too.

He is not in any way like Ngole Kante.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:23am On Feb 07
ChrisKels:

We have had him in that position before with Vicmo as the RWB and there was no catastrophes in sight. Say something else

How long ago was that months or years ❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 12:40am On Feb 07
Barryseal:

You can't talk about substitute role without recalling that a prime Ighalo kept Oshimen at the bench throughout Afcon 2019. If Ighalo could do that to Osimhen, imagine what Adriano and Crespo could have done to him.
you are grasping at straws here my guy. Osimhen's first call up was in 2017. He played 45 minutes in his first game and 5 minutes in the second match. From his first callup right till the starting of the 2019 afcon, out of a possible 24 matches, he was only called up for 5 games. He was clearly still not an established member of the squad. How did you expect him to start over prime ighalo that was our starting striker then. The boy was even in Belgium as at then. This agenda no even follow at All

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:45am On Feb 07
Marjoribanks:
You get! lol! Unfortunately, the younger ones are even worse. lol!
Ahhh. I've seen some great young ones sha doing great sha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 12:49am On Feb 07
Wow! That's cool! However, we want them on tv/youtube showing us tactical nuances!
daveP:
Ahhh. I've seen some great young ones sha doing great sha.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:00am On Feb 07
ChrisKels:
2023 AFCON PLAYERS WITH THE MOST TACKLES

1 🇳🇬Calvin Bassey: 12
2 🇳🇬Ola Aina: 10
3 🇲🇷Ibrahima Keita: 10
4 🇨🇮Wilfried Singo: 9
5 🇬🇶Iván Salvador: 9
6 🇲🇷Omare Gassama: 8
7 🇲🇱Diadie Samassékou: 8
8 🇸🇳Krépin Diatta: 8
9 🇨🇩Gedeon Kalulu: 8
10 🇳🇬Frank Onyeka: 7
Bassey is a beast, tailor made for serie A

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:01am On Feb 07
We are beginning to get our combination play together.

Remember, this is Lookman, Osimhen and Simon first AFCON together.

My only problem is Sanusi! He just can't make the right decisions in vital areas.

I wish Bassey can be pushed up and Omeruo playing the LCB role.

With Bassey at LWB, we will dismantle SA 4 nil.

With Sanusi there, we will win 2 nil.

DRC will win Ivory Coast on penalties!

Let's gooo! Super Eagles!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:02am On Feb 07
ChrisKels:

I was never a fan of Onyeka until this AFCON. The boy is good
because you were expecting him to be a xavi 🤣🤣🤣

Onyeka is not tidy but dependable at man making, pressing and rattling the opponents midfield

JS park kinda player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:06am On Feb 07
komekn:

He is not in any way like Ngole Kante.
see as the Kante comparison vex u immediately 🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:17am On Feb 07
Killa Mike’s “Down By the Law “ ft Ceelo Green just Dey burst my head

I never knew he is this good. The guy Dey give me E-40 kinda vibes (good old days 😊😊)

Mad jam🔥🔥

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:20am On Feb 07
Marjoribanks:
We are beginning to get our combination play together.

Remember, this is Lookman, Osimhen and Simon first AFCON together.

My only problem is Sanusi! He just can't make the right decisions in vital areas.

I wish Bassey can be push up and Omeruo playing the LCB role.

With Sanusi there, we will win 2 nil.

DRC will win Ivory Coast on penalties!

Let's gooo! Super Eagles!
Jpes would hv experiment starting bassey instead of zaidu and omeruo taking bassey’s position but I think he doesn’t want to make moves that may expose the team because omeruo isn’t a natural LCB

Another option is starting Bruno Onyemaechi instead of Zaidu but it seem the porto man is better defensively

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 1:38am On Feb 07
Well I Will be rooting massively for Congo to win CIV pls. I no like face host country for final abeg.

I no mind if stadium no full, as long as I win cup.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:55am On Feb 07
Absolutely!!
charlesemeka85:
Jpes would hv experiment starting bassey instead of zaidu and omeruo taking bassey’s position but I think he doesn’t want to make moves that may expose the team because omeruo isn’t a natural LCB

Another option is starting Bruno Onyemaechi instead of Zaidu but it seem the porto man is better defensively

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mrwilliams9: 3:42am On Feb 07
Marjoribanks:

Bassey doesn’t have the lungs to play full 90 at LWB. He’ll tire very quickly.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mrwilliams9: 3:45am On Feb 07
I saw this posted on another thread.

This is what I was saying about Naija actually underperforming at AFCON. We have more SF appearances than Egypt but they have 4 more titles. Even when you take out their 1957 and 1959 wins when Naija wasn’t even a nation, they still have 5.

My prayer is we close that gap by first beating SA then winning the final.

———————————————
Most #AFCON Semi-final APPEARANCES!

🇪🇬 Egypt - 15
🇳🇬 Nigeria - 16
🇬🇭 Ghana - 14
🇨🇮 Ivory Coast - 10
🇨🇲 Cameroon - 9
🇩🇿 Algeria - 7
🇹🇳 Tunisia - 7
🇿🇲 Zambia - 6
🇲🇱 Mali - 6
🇨🇩 DR Congo - 5
🇪🇹 Ethiopia - 5
🇲🇦 Morocco - 5
🇸🇳 Senegal - 5

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 4:27am On Feb 07
mrwilliams9:
I saw this posted on another thread.

This what I was saying about Naija actually underperforming a bit at AFCON. We have more SF appearances than Egypt but they have 4 more titles. Even when you take out their 1957 and 1959 wins when Naija wasn’t even a nation, they still have 5.

My prayer is we close that gap by first beating SA then winning the final.

———————————————
Most #AFCON Semi-final APPEARANCES!

🇪🇬 Egypt - 15
🇳🇬 Nigeria - 16
🇬🇭 Ghana - 14
🇨🇮 Ivory Coast - 10
🇨🇲 Cameroon - 9
🇩🇿 Algeria - 7
🇹🇳 Tunisia - 7
🇿🇲 Zambia - 6
🇲🇱 Mali - 6
🇨🇩 DR Congo - 5
🇪🇹 Ethiopia - 5
🇲🇦 Morocco - 5
🇸🇳 Senegal - 5

We've quite a number had near misses at AFCON semis usually in the hands of North Africans or other power houses in West Africa.

I am happy SA are confident of winning this one.

Looking forward to seeing that mouthy Thomas Mlambo and his colleagues in the Supersport studio after the game.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 4:31am On Feb 07
chuks404:
hahahaha. U go fear analysis. Who was the coach then? And what was osihmen then?. Omo the kind of analysis I get here at times is something else. So osihmen should just jump in and bench established ighalo. If ighalo was around now, I doubt he will bench osihmen. However this your take is baseless because they played in two different eras . Is like saying a 17yr old Messi was benched by Crespo. Baba osihmen as far as nigerian football is concerned is a legend. We are talking of an AFOTY. GIVE the guy his respect he didn't bribe his way through it. If your so called striker was good, he should have gotten it in his era. Provided he is not crowned, he is well below osimhen.
This is why it's bad to join a conversation from the middle. See how you're tripping because I said Ighalo benched Osimhen but same you didn't realise the battle for game time Martins had to contend with against big name strikers from Italy, Argentina and Brazil when he was young.
Winning APOTY shouldn't be used to backup your argument either unless you're saying Okocha was a lesser player than Oshimen because of some APOTY.
Anyway, I'm glad they are both Nigerians, Martins inspired a generation. Same thing Oshimen is doing currently.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Moniter0: 4:48am On Feb 07

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 4:50am On Feb 07
Amedino99:
you are grasping at straws here my guy. Osimhen's first call up was in 2017. He played 45 minutes in his first game and 5 minutes in the second match. From his first callup right till the starting of the 2019 afcon, out of a possible 24 matches, he was only called up for 5 games. He was clearly still not an established member of the squad. How did you expect him to start over prime ighalo that was our starting striker then. The boy was even in Belgium as at then. This agenda no even follow at All
But you were quick to pull up stats about Martins playing so so and so games with how many goals and if multiplied he still had lesser goals than Osimhen. You wanted a young 20yr old African boy with no name, from primevera to start games ahead of Vieri, Crespo, Adriano?
Obafemi was just like Eletu who people praise for just training with Inter's main squad,same age Oba was rubbing shoulders with the big boys.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Moniter0: 5:04am On Feb 07

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Moniter0: 5:10am On Feb 07
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 5:18am On Feb 07
Starboytwo:
For a team ranked 23rd in the world South Korea are abysmal. I have not seen such a disjointed performance from a semi finalist.

No drive. No power, no passion, just pedestrian loose passing and looking for Son.

Their keeper is their best player. He's been made to work extra today.
that’s what you get for having Klinsmann as coach
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Zellas: 6:00am On Feb 07
NIGERIA BEAT SOUTH AFRICA BY 1:0,
GOAL SCORED BY A DEFENDER

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mrwilliams9: 7:27am On Feb 07
Moniter0:
this notion is now getting stale and irritating. Person that has played RB does not have the lungs? Has Aina that was also born abroad not play in the same role on the other side?

When I say lungs, I mean stamina. The WB position requires a lot of running up and down the flank. Bassey will get tired as a result and leave our defense lacking.

Bassey is a bigger player than Aina and Sansui so those sprints will tire him quickly.

I agree with you he does a very good job getting forward but solidity at the back is paramount.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:40am On Feb 07
Mujtahida:

Cool down my man. I no dey dig post. I no even sabi do am. I say you predict. If you no predict, tell me. Person dey make mistake. But you just want peg am on me say I lie. Oya I lie. Use am fry akara chop😜

Oya leave talk. Enjoy this tactical analysis from banku boys.

Charlesemeka85
Icon4s
Kog45
Goke7
Odunayaw
Mostob
DaveP
Humility33
ChrisKels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWq3g3Cw3R4?si=_SE5GSrGhn4CLvxb

The analysis is top notch

No wonder why Nwabili was shouting at Iwobi

Now I get those criticising Iwobi except Omanambala are doing so probably because of his defensive lapses but offensively dude offer much

Not easy to an attacking midfielder that can defend so well

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 7:44am On Feb 07
Dannyxy:
Osimhen has been poor yen yen, I pray he recovers, because Omoh, just his name alone, deflates your opponents confidence by 50%.

I wonder how some people analyze football, whether Messi or Ronaldo is scoring or not, them being on the pitch gives their team an edge, and that’s what osimhen does, who born any defender to calm down pass ball or calculate long passes with osimhen around, that’s the fear factor, and that’s why we have been edging other teams.

I can only pray he recovers, because if osimhen doesn’t play , lol, we might win, but that percentage just went down…
Bro abeg try dey comment more here 😁 I know say you get sense o, but that percentage just went up again 💪🏾

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (15744) (15745) (15746) (15747) (15748) (15749) (15750) ... (16122) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ekehopp2, uchenna55, shawwal1(m), elyte89, Joebie and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.