Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,150 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15748) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11711568 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15745) (15746) (15747) (15748) (15749) (15750) (15751) ... (16162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:53am On Feb 07
Barryseal:

This is cheap takes. Martins was playing against generational defenders like Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta Canavaro while competing for game time with Adriano, Crespo and Vieri.
By the way Seria A was run by a corrupt mafia, alot of them went to jail for match fixing and Juve was relegated. You can't troll Martins for not winning the league.

Martins won Seria A, Coppa Italian twice and Suppercoppa Italia.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 7:53am On Feb 07
Goke7:

it's arguments like this that retrogress Nigerian football, we always feel the past is better, too many emotions in our analysis. That's why a coach will do well, and win trophies but we will still feel another coach who has not won anything is better. A player whose goals have won trophies we still feel a player whose goals could not win laurels is better, It's just funny with the excuses we make for such silly arguments
bro trust me if this super eagles set wins Afcon, people wil still rate 1994 set far far above this set..it will take like 20-30yrs from now before the THEN generation will idolize this set of eagles..as for this contemporary they will never rate anything about this eagles…people are just sentimentally nostalgic…bad performance didn’t start today..1980,1994, 2013 afcon winning sets all played nonsense ekuke football at some point
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 7:59am On Feb 07
Amedino99:
I don't get why there is issue this time around. Even back in 2019 when we beat them, there weren't any reports of retaliation by south Africans( at least none that I heard of) I wonder what changed this time
You dey whine? They shot one Naija guy outside viewing centre on the spot! On top celebration and banter o 😬
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:01am On Feb 07
Goke7:

it's arguments like this that retrogress Nigerian football, we always feel the past is better, too many emotions in our analysis. That's why a coach will do well, and win trophies but we will still feel another coach who has not won anything is better. A player whose goals have won trophies we still feel a player whose goals could not win laurels is better, It's just funny with the excuses we make for such silly arguments

Martins goals have won several trophies.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 8:08am On Feb 07
humility33:

The analysis is top notch

No wonder why Nwabili was shouting at Iwobi

Now I get those criticising Iwobi except Omanambala are doing so probably because of his defensive lapses but offensively dude offer much

Not easy to an attacking midfielder that can defend so well

Not sure Iwobi recovered fully from the red card he got in the last Afcon. He has been very wary of tackling or getting into tackles lately which is why he seemingly only goes for balls he is very sure of and he quickly dispatches almost Immediately.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 8:08am On Feb 07
Goke7:

This is my fear and it may happen whether we win afcon or not, cos after afcon a crisis awaits us. I even hear some of the senior team members are waiting after Afcon to announce their retirement from the national team, reason they want to win afcon and leave on a high
After first game, Osimhen said something like, "I want to win the AFCON for Nigeria, when I do this, I'm done"

Make e be prank abeg o 🙏🏾

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 8:16am On Feb 07
Starboytwo:
This is funny.

1- Jpes leaves or stay, we are force to reckon with post Afcon. Infact I predict a back-to-back afcon title with this current setup if we win.

2- Toxic? Nothing new. Nigeria as a whole is toxic. I cant remember when things were not toxic. Nff toxic, fans toxic, Apc toxic, naira/dollar toxic. Forget that one.

3- and why would we not qualify? Just cause you say it? Or you privy to something we don't know.
People wey stake their family members heads say Naija no go pass AFCON group stages? 😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:20am On Feb 07
Starboytwo:
Well I Will be rooting massively for Congo to win CIV pls. I no like face host country for final abeg.

I no mind if stadium no full, as long as I win cup.

Cross this bridge first.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:20am On Feb 07
charlesemeka85:
see as the Kante comparison vex u immediately 🤣🤣🤣🤣
If say Onyeka na British born im for say him agree.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 8:20am On Feb 07
Barryseal:

But you were quick to pull up stats about Martins playing so so and so games with how many goals and if multiplied he still had lesser goals than Osimhen. You wanted a young 20yr old African boy with no name, from primevera to start games ahead of Vieri, Crespo, Adriano?
Obafemi was just like Eletu who people praise for just training with Inter's main squad,same age Oba was rubbing shoulders with the big boys.
this excuse would have made sense if martins was 20 years old for the five whole years he spent in inter Milan. If the reason for the inferior inter stats was because of his competition, what about his stats in the remaining clubs he played for. He also has less SE goals than osimhen who has way less appearances, what excuse would you use for that?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 8:22am On Feb 07
BankyGee:

After first game, Osimhen said something like, "I want to win the AFCON for Nigeria, when I do this, I'm done"

Let him try to achieve what other legendary 9ja players never achieved make he leave that im done wey e dey talk oo…Worldcup Quarterfinal, Semifinal and final dey there to achieve ooo..he shouldn’t be done oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 8:28am On Feb 07
BankyGee:

Hmmm this one is huge. Heard that their allowances have not been paid. And it's been stories up and down. I'm even having the feeling that it's audio money that was released. If not, why d hanky panky. And no one is saying anything. Even d one that sends prayers in mails was there to watch their match and everywhere is still quiet. Must everything be in auto reverse mode. Anyways pray tell that our all stars wins memolodi sundowns today. We may see a situation where we will play 9 men in the 3rd place match. For now, I can only sense that they are no longer playing for the badge, rather the gold medal. So if they miss d medal na Otilo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:29am On Feb 07
Koboko99:
After drawing our first match, we’ve won every other match. No extra time, no PK. And now the semi finals, you guys are clamoring for a change of style. Let’s bench this and that, let’s try something different, the defenders now understand his style 🤣🤣🤣Thank God no be una be coach.

Have you ever asked why your preferred player has not seen one minute in this tournament? Even if Osimhen is tired the coach always bring on Onuachu. Abi you want to tell us you are the one training them and know them better than the coaches?

This is the semi finals, not a dead rubber game or the last match after we’ve qualified. Make una die this agenda!!!
I have never seen one pundit opine that Osimhen should be benched. In fact they still see him as our danger man even with one goal. It's only the one Nairaland I'm seeing peolp exposing their ignorance.

A Boniface or Awoniyi is the only thing closest to Osimhen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 8:32am On Feb 07
BankyGee:

My mind sef no think of oshimen, let’s hope na prank as you said but players like musa, Omeruo, ekong perhaps may leave I hope it’s not more than that

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:33am On Feb 07
Barryseal:

You can't talk about substitute role without recalling that a prime Ighalo kept Oshimen at the bench throughout Afcon 2019. If Ighalo could do that to Osimhen, imagine what Adriano and Crespo could have done to him.
Osimhen did what Martins could not do by sending Ighalo parking
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 8:34am On Feb 07
MetalJigsaw:
I have never seen one pundit opine that Osimhen should be benched. In fact they still see him as our danger man even with one goal. It's only the one Nairaland I'm seeing peolp exposing their ignorance.

A Boniface or Awoniyi is the only thing closest to Osimhen.

Every foreign media I have listened to have been full of praises for Oshimen

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 8:35am On Feb 07
Goke7:

My mind sef no think of oshimen, let’s hope na prank as you said but players like musa, Omeruo, ekong perhaps may leave I hope it’s not more than that
Add the ones that will start faking injuries also. The list may be endless.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 8:45am On Feb 07
minfelix:

Let him try to achieve what other legendary 9ja players never achieved make he leave that im done wey e dey talk oo…Worldcup Quarterfinal, Semifinal and final dey there to achieve ooo..he shouldn’t be done oo
Exactly what I was thinking, I even thought it might be cos of the rubbish criticisms he faced after missing that 1v1 against EQG goalkeeper. If he does win the AFCON, I'm sure he'll want to do more for Naija sha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:46am On Feb 07
leathalbeast:
will be here to Console you tomorrow after your loss to SA
also be here to congratulate us when we win

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:48am On Feb 07
Marjoribanks:
We are beginning to get our combination play together.

Remember, this is Lookman, Osimhen and Simon first AFCON together.

My only problem is Sanusi! He just can't make the right decisions in vital areas.

I wish Bassey can be pushed up and Omeruo playing the LCB role.

With Bassey at LWB, we will dismantle SA 4 nil.

With Sanusi there, we will win 2 nil.

DRC will win Ivory Coast on penalties!

Let's gooo! Super Eagles!
The Oracle has spoken

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 8:56am On Feb 07
Mujtahida:

Cool down my man. I no dey dig post. I no even sabi do am. I say you predict. If you no predict, tell me. Person dey make mistake. But you just want peg am on me say I lie. Oya I lie. Use am fry akara chop😜

Oya leave talk. Enjoy this tactical analysis from banku boys.

Charlesemeka85
Icon4s
Kog45
Goke7
Odunayaw
Mostob
DaveP
Humility33
ChrisKels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWq3g3Cw3R4?si=_SE5GSrGhn4CLvxb
Because I don broke you no mention me. E sharp 😂

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 8:57am On Feb 07
All this martins vs osimhen argument is just like the hazard vs Ronaldo pure football argument. It's just basically fuelled by nostalgia and personal preference. No logical and statistical undertone to it at all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 9:00am On Feb 07
Victor Osimhen today is your day
Super Eagles go forth and beat Bafana Bafana

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ThunderFireAgba: 9:04am On Feb 07
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:19am On Feb 07
BankyGee:

Because I don broke you no mention me. E sharp 😂
Not so at all. It was an oversight

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 9:20am On Feb 07
Another day to watch the clock at work 😢😢

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 9:29am On Feb 07
Mujtahida:

Not so at all. It was an oversight
No problem boss. I loyal 😁💚🦅
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:32am On Feb 07
Game day!

Expecting another difficult match but optimistic of a positive result.

Hoping our guys bring the fire and praying good fortune favour us.

LET'S GO SUPER EAGLES!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 9:47am On Feb 07
Super Eagles are winning today!
🇳🇬 NGA [3]–[0] RSA 🇿🇦

Osimhen to score one or two goals ✌🏾

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 9:49am On Feb 07
I saw a medal on the necks of nigeria players.

I saw CIv losing heavily to Congo.

May the best team win today's match.

Soar high super Eagles . Rooting for you guys.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 10:04am On Feb 07
Chippa united don release statement supporting nwabali grin woto woto for South Africa today as Nigeria still getting support within their own people cool

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 10:08am On Feb 07
Pound for pound, SE is better than Bafana.
If I must use many criteria to measure who is better.
1) Earnings. Our players earn more than them, so we are better.
2) Leagues. Ours are in top leagues so are better.
3) 5 of our players passed through the great British academies where they have mastered all the rudiments of football😂.
4) We have APOTY in our team.
5) Muscle. We are more muscular, except Alhassan who will be mashed and squeezed.
6) Finally evolution has left the shape of their head behind.
So there is no excuse for SE. Unless they want me to dump EPL and start watching PSL.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (15745) (15746) (15747) (15748) (15749) (15750) (15751) ... (16162) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Yachambliss(m), Napoleon55(m), Goke7 and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.