Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,007 members, 7,821,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15749) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11709316 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15746) (15747) (15748) (15749) (15750) (15751) (15752) ... (16161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 10:12am On Feb 07
soetanoreoluwa:
I saw a medal on the necks of nigeria players.

I saw CIv losing heavily to Congo.

May the best team win today's match.

Soar high super Eagles . Rooting for you guys.
that your first statement is not a prediction. After this semi final no matter the result everyone except the third place loser gets a medal. Na which kine medal you see
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 10:13am On Feb 07
Amedino99:
that your first statement is not a prediction. After this semi final no matter the result everyone except the third place loser gets a medal. Na which kine medal you see
You dey find 2Factor Authentication πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:19am On Feb 07
comodo:
Pound for pound, SE is better than Bafana.
If I must use many criteria to measure who is better.
1) Earnings. Our players earn more than them, so we are better.
2) Leagues. Ours are in top leagues so are better.
3) 5 of our players passed through the great British academies where they have mastered all the rudiments of footballπŸ˜‚.
4) We have APOTY in our team.
5) Muscle. We are more muscular, except Alhassan who will be mashed and squeezed.
6) Finally evolution has left the shape of their head behind.
So there is no excuse for SE. Unless they want me to dump EPL and start watching PSL.
Morroco

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:20am On Feb 07
kennysville:

Not sure Iwobi recovered fully from the red card he got in the last Afcon. He has been very wary of tackling or getting into tackles lately which is why he seemingly only goes for balls he is very sure of and he quickly dispatches almost Immediately.

Yes you're right..dude is very bad in tackles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:22am On Feb 07
comodo:

Just hearing this for the first time. Ndubuisi Ndah is not good for SE. He is in backwater league. If he is good, he should be in AC Milan and the rest. But here we are fidgeting because of his mates. He is even better than some of them. Pls this is straight forward. If SE is better we should trash SA. Period. And make I no hear 11 men vs 11 men. It's top 5 league vs backwater league.
And to note that Nwabali is from the same backwater league.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:22am On Feb 07
We won our 3rd AFCON in 201(3) it's only right we win our 4th in 202(4)

Up Super Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:24am On Feb 07
forgiveness:

Martins goals have won several trophies.
Oshimen is still young let him get to age 30 first then we can fully compare them. But for now Osihmen has done well to have won APOTY award and also Serie A league highest goal scorer. Win serie a for a club that last won Serie A 30 years ago. More like Lookman winning Serie A with Atlanta and posing as their star player

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:25am On Feb 07
chinchum:
some people like fantasy a lot. They fantasise about all sort of needless experiments. How can anyone even suggest dropping Osimhen on the bench for any other bench SE striker at AFCON.?

1 goal and 2 assist at this AFCON.

I am one of the biggest critique of Peseiro, but the moment I noticed he has introduced an ultra defensive tactics that ensure we don't concede unneccasry goal at this tourney while still creating goal chances, I gave him my support.
Osimhen has one assist
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:30am On Feb 07
chinchum:
Nostalgia is a magnifier
I tell you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:33am On Feb 07
humility33:

Oshimen is still young let him get to age 30 first then we can fully compare them. But for now Osihmen has done well to have won APOTY award and also Serie A league highest goal scorer. Win serie a for a club that last won Serie A 30 years ago. More like Lookman winning Serie A with Atlanta and posing as their star player

That's not the point. The point is to correct the notion Martins didn't win anything. You saw that but didn't correct it.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 10:34am On Feb 07
πŸ˜‚

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:37am On Feb 07
maidaboi:
We won our 3rd AFCON in 201(3) it's only right we win our 4th in 202(4)

Up Super Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope and believe makes a man vulnerable to superstition. See as I come dey weak to resist all those prophets wey dey say naija go win. I don see cat and even eagle prediction.

Chai, no wonder this thing works like a charm on people believing God for job, for spouse, for child etc.

I am ready to believe anyone now. I no come strong again. My knees don weak.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:47am On Feb 07
Seems Zaidu won't be starting today.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:50am On Feb 07
Mujtahida:

Hope and believe makes a man vulnerable to superstition. See as I come dey weak to resist all those prophets wey dey say naija go win. I don see cat and even eagle prediction.

Chai, no wonder this thing works like a charm on people believing God for job, for spouse, for child etc.

I no dey ever worry anytime we wan play SA.

Same thing when we wan play the big teams like Senegal and Ivory Coast.

I don't feel comfortable when we are going against the supposed minnows. Angola nearly made me develope heart attack. πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:51am On Feb 07
ChrisKels:
Seems Zaidu won't be starting today.

How? Your wish? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 10:51am On Feb 07
MetalJigsaw:
And to note that Nwabali is from the same backwater league.
It's simple and u can quote me anywhere. Nwabali' s case is like d proverbial drowning man that is holding on to straws. Wait until someone like Arthur Okonkwo declares. Then u go see them crawl out with their backwater league slogan. I come in peace.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 10:58am On Feb 07
Mujtahida:

Lol.
Sorry to digress you see that it is not our fault to be so prayerful and always fulfil up the worship centre in nigeria. We only find hope and trust in God cos govt has failed us. Lol.

I have a dream bfr our first match against EG which was drew and I saw smooth runs afterwards I refused to believe it cos the boys were not playing well plus I don't rate JPe at all.

If I tell you the scoreline I saw between civ and Congo I was shocked I can't tell anybody πŸ˜† self.. I still didn't believe it lol. I just want to watch the match and enjoy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:59am On Feb 07
forgiveness:

How? Your wish? grin

Adekunle leave me alone if you no dey see news wey dey fly around.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:00am On Feb 07
ChrisKels:

Adekunle leave me alone if you no dey see news wey dey fly around.

grin show us. Abi na only you dey see pass? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 11:00am On Feb 07
Amedino99:

Baba I just want to enjoy the match. Whatever happens we are good to go. Many of us didn't believe in this team yet God humble us all.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:03am On Feb 07
forgiveness:

grin show us. Abi na only you dey see pass? grin

Okay. I will show you next month
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 11:08am On Feb 07
maidaboi:
Morroco
My bro. Let me borrow some phrase. PSL is a local backwater league. Some players are earning less than 2k per week. Burnley FC is supposed to trash this Sundowns FC team. So why are we panicking when we have players from top clubs. Why the fear. Does it mean that we don't have faith in the leagues our players are in?? With all the Pro's in CIV team, we were confident that we will win and we did. But SA?? 9 members from Sundowns?? Not even Egyptians, South Africa. I no understand again. We have won this match already.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 11:09am On Feb 07
soetanoreoluwa:

Lol.
Sorry to digress you see that it is not our fault to be so prayerful and always fulfil up the worship centre in nigeria. We only find hope and trust in God cos govt has failed us. Lol.

I have a dream bfr our first match against EG which was drew and I saw smooth runs afterwards I refused to believe it cos the boys were not playing well plus I don't rate JPe at all.

If I tell you the scoreline I saw between civ and Congo I was shocked I can't tell anybody πŸ˜† self.. I still didn't believe it lol. I just want to watch the match and enjoy.

nothing can shock anybody, the same CIV was beaten 4-0 by E-Guinea,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:10am On Feb 07
ChrisKels:

I no dey ever worry anytime we wan play SA.

Same thing when we wan play the big teams like Senegal and Ivory Coast.

I don't feel comfortable when we are going against the supposed minnows. Angola nearly made me develope heart attack. πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
True sha. In this tournament we always increase the heat when we play the big boys and switch off when we play supposed minnows.

Against EG, we were normal but we put smoke for CIV eyes. Then we mellowed against GB and put pepper for Cameroun eyes. Against Angola we played our best combination football in this tournament in the first half but the intensity was not as high as that of the Cameroun game. I see us switching things up today.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 11:11am On Feb 07
soetanoreoluwa:

Lol.

If I tell you the scoreline I saw between civ and Congo I was shocked I can't tell anybody πŸ˜† self.. I still didn't believe it lol. I just want to watch the match and enjoy it.

If u see something, say something. Me only see SE leading before I woke up. But I been drink small sha. Maybe na d drink.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:16am On Feb 07
soetanoreoluwa:

Lol.

Bible say hope makes the heart sick. I just want us to win this Afcon. By hardwork oo, by prayer oo, by luck oo, let's just win. At least with VAR wuru wuru way of winning is out of the question and I don't want wuru wuru winning. Legit

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daninya33: 11:29am On Feb 07
Zaidu Sanusi has been named the best defender in Portugal.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:29am On Feb 07
Mujtahida:

πŸ™
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:30am On Feb 07
ChrisKels:

Alukwu was the best player of our team back in school. Boy was so talented. Hopefully he will move to Europe soon.
i have friend that's very close with him. He's the one that made me 1st sight his game before moving to Sporting. I can't wait to see him in La Liga in particular.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:31am On Feb 07
Goke7:

Bassey is the greatest revelation of this Afcon for the Eagles followed by Onyeka, we have known Aina before now but he has shone much more than a million stars!
He's made himself the CAF XI guy since Cameroon game. Unless they wantu cheat him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:32am On Feb 07
ChrisKels:

Okay. I will show you next month

Hahahahahahaha! grin nothing to show. cheesy grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:33am On Feb 07
Marjoribanks:
Wow! That's cool! However, we want them on tv/youtube showing us tactical nuances!
gadget or tools probably. I hope they see sha. I just know they yapa but breakout issues.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (15746) (15747) (15748) (15749) (15750) (15751) (15752) ... (16161) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jihday(m), Danielnino00(m), Softbreastt and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.