Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15799) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11703244 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15796) (15797) (15798) (15799) (15800) (15801) (15802) ... (16160) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:35pm On Feb 08
This discovery of mine have come a long way indeed and in quite a short time too.

My Boy Orban. Natural goals getter.🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

charlesemeka85:
Gift Orban’s goal against Lille

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGWvb9oz7uU?si=AsSMBJ300xeYsnaH

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 8:35pm On Feb 08
By the way, I hope everyone on this thread is OK. Been reading alot today about comrades who lost their lives during yesterday's game.
Read about a Nigerian who died after Oshimen's goal was cancelled and penalty awarded against. Talk about roller coaster of emotions.
The last time I felt this sort of tension during Nigerians match was 2006 Afcon semi final against Tunisia. They started by misrepresenting our national anthem then to a score draw and penalties. I pissed on my body during that match walahi. Roger Lamier, the French Tunisian coach told a reporter years after that Nigeria gave him hypertension during that match.

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:35pm On Feb 08
mostob:
na so o. E fit be a regular here wey run go create another moniker sha.
that one na em pot of soup

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:37pm On Feb 08
TheSuperNerd:
This discovery of mine have come a long way indeed and in quite a short time too.

My Boy Orban. Natural goals getter.🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

no doubt. Abeg discover midfielders for us 🤣🤣🤣

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:39pm On Feb 08
Barryseal:
By the way, I hope everyone on this thread is OK. Been reading alot today about comrades who lost their lives during yesterday's game.
Read about a Nigerian who died after Oshimen's goal was cancelled and penalty awarded against. Talk about roller coaster of emotions.
The last time I felt this sort of tension during Nigerians match was 2006 Afcon semi final against Tunisia. They started by misrepresenting our national anthem then to a score draw and penalties. I pissed on my body during that match walahi. Roger Lamier, the French Tunisian coach told a reporter years after that Nigeria gave him hypertension during that match.
I felt the tension..I had to pour cold water on my head twice or so.

Yesterday's match and that WC final, I don't know which one raised BP pass.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel17: 8:40pm On Feb 08
daveP:
So let's discuss how we'll structure the midfield with young blood

Pls don't mention Nwakali. Not cos of anything but cos no be ONLY HIM waka come. So let's gather potential names that may become the new guys over the next decade. FBs one side. Homebased one side. 🙌🏿🙌🏿

Are you aware that we have national team scouts? As in, there are people who collect fat salaries every month to do this thing you are asking us to do?

Why not allow them do their job and then we can evaluate their selections?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:40pm On Feb 08
I brought Akinsanmiro Ebenezer to the this thread already before he left Nigeria. Have you forgotten so soon?

That is a midfielder.

charlesemeka85:
no doubt. Abeg discover midfielders for us 🤣🤣🤣

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:43pm On Feb 08
So Nwabali went from below 100k Instagram followers to 300k followers plus

His last post on Instagram is the most engaged I have ever seen from a super eagles player with 70k comments ,even when musa scored a brace against Iceland at the World Cup he didn’t get such engagement

I hope as a late bloomer this will be nwabali edouard mendy moment

Wow ,I love good story

My motto has always been pasiero out and basketzoho out ,one have improved and one remains useless .

If you guys follow me here you will know I have always rated akpeyi ahead of uzoho ,that should tell you a lot .

If akpeyi better pass you then your own don finish grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:43pm On Feb 08
BankyGee:

I swear. And off the pitch, he knows how to talk. Baba no dey brag, he doesn't underestimate opponents and he doesn't overrate them at the same time. He can reply stupid questions from journalists and lastly...

Make he continue dey wear suit for all our matches...
If na Rohr he will say that the SA team are better than our team. That they have been playing together for many years unlike his boys who just got together within a month.

Why Rohr was doing that I never understand and he started that after we qualified for the WC

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:46pm On Feb 08
Marjoribanks:
I really wish we are playing another country in the final.

It took me the 2004 AFCON quarter final win to stop the hate on Cameroonians after that 2000 final escapade.

Hosting and losing the finals is something that can...

That AFCON 2000 loss still lingers...

I really want the Super Eagles to win. Also, I don't want a great host like the Ivorians to feel the pain of ...

It is going to be a very difficult final for both nation.
It will be a fight till death!
It will be 11-10 penalty win for ...

We bore the pain. They will. In fact theirs will be easy to bear because they are coming from the dead

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 8:46pm On Feb 08
mostob:

After Iheanacho's pk, a random dude hugged me so tight that he cracked my Samsung screen which was in my pocket. Went to the repairers for screen replacement today, they said its 250k grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:46pm On Feb 08
TheSuperNerd:
I brought Akinsanmiro Ebenezer to the this thread already before he left Nigeria. Have you forgotten so soon?

That is a midfielder.

yea I remember that but we need more 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And Akin is doing superbly well in inter’s primavera team. I pray they loan him out to a serie B club at worst next season

Just beam your searchlight to discover more 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 8:48pm On Feb 08
Barryseal:

CAF is taking the VAR too seriously than those who originally invented it. What happened yesterday can never happen in EPL or anywhere in Europe, no matter the error they would have moved on cos they know the impact it can have on those watching the match anywhere. We don't care too much about human impact in Africa. It's insane for a team to be leading 2-0 and suddenly get back to 1:1. Human beings are not machines o, I repeat what happened yesterday will never happen in Europe, shebi we dey see wetin dey shele for epl. Call it bias, human lives are more important than any yeye rule.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:48pm On Feb 08
camri:
Who saw that haller's goal against congo garri? I dey fear oh.
That was an awkward shot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 8:48pm On Feb 08
grin

Guess who is back?!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:49pm On Feb 08
camri:
which born leader? Ekong that almost reduced us to ten men if not for god. Your teammate is in your front, you are pulling an opponent's shorts
You don't know what a professional foul is then

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 8:49pm On Feb 08
codemaniacs:

Nwakali is Iwobi Pro Max.

He can tackle, play long and short passes, he is rugged, can score from outside the box, he can defend e.t.c.

Stop disrespecting Nwakali....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 8:49pm On Feb 08
Oasis007:
grin

Guess who is back?!

Return of the mac, let's go there!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tifexx: 8:50pm On Feb 08
Mujtahida:

We bore the pain. They will. In fact theirs will be easy to bear because they are coming from the dead
lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:51pm On Feb 08
Curtisaxel17:

Are you aware that we have national team scouts? As in, there are people who collect fat salaries every month to do this thing you are asking us to do?

Why not allow them do their job and then we can evaluate their selections?

So you don't know names across several leagues in the world that catches the eyes?? When first have we waited for them here and took up just evaluations? Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 8:52pm On Feb 08
Hmm! "they are coming from the dead" Bambam just said the same thing on the Athletic podcast!
However, he saw it as an advantage. Nothing to lose, so no pressure! Makes them dangerous.

But like you said, they would be able to bear the loss better than we did!
Mujtahida:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:52pm On Feb 08
charlesemeka85:
yea I remember that but we need more 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And Akin is doing superbly well in inter’s primavera team. I pray they loan him out to a serie B club at worst next season

Just beam your searchlight to discover more 🤣🤣🤣🤣
This just reminded me of Eletu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tifexx: 8:53pm On Feb 08
andrewbaba44:
So Nwabali went from below 100k Instagram followers to 300k followers plus

His last post on Instagram is the most engaged I have ever seen from a super eagles player with 70k comments ,even when musa scored a brace against Iceland at the World Cup he didn’t get such engagement

I hope as a late bloomer this will be nwabali edouard mendy moment

Wow ,I love good story

My motto has always been pasiero out and basketzoho out ,one have improved and one remains useless .

If you guys follow me here you will know I have always rated akpeyi ahead of uzoho ,that should tell you a lot .

If akpeyi better pass you then your own don finish grin
He deserves it
Let’s give flowers to people that deserves it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:53pm On Feb 08
daveP:
This just reminded me of Eletu
Eletu is doing well do with Milan’s youth team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:54pm On Feb 08
tifexx:

He deserves it
Let’s give flowers to people that deserves it
a move away from Chippa united next summer will crown his good work so far

I pray he gets a move to europe but even if na one of SA top clubs it won’t be bad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:54pm On Feb 08
charlesemeka85:
Victor Moses played for liverpool while odion ighalo played for united

The likes of Aina, Moses, mikel,Babayaro all played for Chelsea

I think the clubs Nigerians are yet to play for are
Madrid, ATM, Bayern, Spurs
Last decade and how many times. I want to see as consistently as Matip and Salah. Not just squad guys.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:55pm On Feb 08
Goke7:

CAF is taking the VAR too seriously than those who originally invented it. What happened yesterday can never happen in EPL or anywhere in Europe, no matter the error they would have moved on cos they know the impact it can have on those watching the match anywhere. We don't care too much about human impact in Africa. It's insane for a team to be leading 2-0 and suddenly get back to 1:1. Human beings are not machines o, I repeat what happened yesterday will never happen in Europe, shebi we dey see wetin dey shele for epl. Call it bias, human lives are more important than any yeye rule.

Abi ooo 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:55pm On Feb 08
charlesemeka85:
Eletu is doing well do with Milan’s youth team.
Can't wait. Na the coach nff wan get next naim be the palava.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:58pm On Feb 08
mostob:

The only thing that saved me from tension in that WC final was network.

But last night I was not spared. Living in a bandit state sef never gave me that much shake emotionally.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:00pm On Feb 08
Iwobi with his dad and uncle jay jay ❤️

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by camri: 9:00pm On Feb 08
charlesemeka85:
Jose Peseiro.ed after the Zimbabwe game, no one would have shed a tear. He would have earned it too. The results were heartbreaking.

Then, #AFCON2023  started. We didn’t win our first game but no one could rightly knock the coach because the team created several chances. His job had been done even when the job wasn’t completely done on the pitch.

Then, 1-0 against Côte d’Ivoire, 1-0 against GNB, 2-0 against a neighbour we now love beating - Cameroon - and then 1-0 against Angola…a trend was apparent. Peseiro-ball was clear. Score by all means, never concede.

Then came South Africa, a team we’ve always found joy against. Peseiro-ball was facing its fiercest test yet. The first half was so messy I was beginning to see the Peseiro attacks on Twitter again. I couldn’t do that myself because I had ed by the man, o show
When am counting wins, i don't really recognise the CIV win because we won from a penalty. I preferred we scored from open play
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by camri: 9:04pm On Feb 08
Odunayaw:
That was an awkward shot.
call it a television goal

(1) (2) (3) ... (15796) (15797) (15798) (15799) (15800) (15801) (15802) ... (16160) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: immobilare(m), opes, Kundistrict(m), cromz(m), oloriooko(m), Marjoribanks and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.