Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,134 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15800) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11664537 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15797) (15798) (15799) (15800) (15801) (15802) (15803) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by camri: 9:09pm On Feb 08
Curtisaxel17:

Are you aware that we have national team scouts? As in, there are people who collect fat salaries every month to do this thing you are asking us to do?

Why not allow them do their job and then we can evaluate their selections?
we have scouts and we are suffering to get a good GK and midfielders. To hell with them

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:10pm On Feb 08
If not for d defensive attributes of Moses Simon …I would av preferred kelechi iheanacho starting ahead of him in d finals

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:14pm On Feb 08
typicalgamer:

Iwobi is just terrible 🧢 I smell capppppp

When he’s dropping sublime passes previously he’s not terrible o

Wehdone sir start aribo from day one wether we go reach final

Coach when they see them two for training everyday na fool ?

But na you outsider know pass

E no go surprise me say you they among people when they bash sanusi for here until his absence last game
Arm chair critic wey sabi pass coach wey dey train the players everyday

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:14pm On Feb 08
mostob:
I used to think Kanu na one gentle man sha.....Watched the video of the dressing room after the match and I was surprised. Well e no get wetin match victory no fit turn person into
Tall with bow legs, that Kanu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by camri: 9:15pm On Feb 08
TheSuperNerd:
I brought Akinsanmiro Ebenezer to the this thread already before he left Nigeria. Have you forgotten so soon?

That is a midfielder.

where is gbolahon salami, julius lokosa, daddy bazuaye and ike thankgod

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:15pm On Feb 08
elyte89:
If not for d defensive attributes of Moses Simon …I would av preferred kelechi iheanacho starting ahead of him in d finals
He'll torment the Ivorian defense with his passes. But the defensive aspect though

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 9:18pm On Feb 08
Goke7:

I disagree, lest we forget it’s not long he came back from an injury and from what we currently hear he’s still nursing an injury and also the stomach issue. You can see the South Africans went for that stomach in the first few minutes yesterday to worsen the injury.

Dude is not back to full fitness but he’s the one carrying the team. I’ve listened to lots of foreign media and no one is condemning him but praising him instead for what he does for the team

SE is not scoring many goals from open play with him as the main striker and in the World Cup qualifiers this can affect the SE.

I don't want a situation like Italy had where they won the European Cup and failed to qualify for the world cup.

SE can win the AFCON and fail to qualify for the World Cup..

Hopefully the introduction of Nwabili helps the SE during the World Cup qualifiers.

The draw results are getting too much and Osimhen is not like Oshoala who would just sit on the field and asked to be subbed off because she knows there are other good players.

Osimhen usually wants to play full game.

Hopefully we see more of Moffi from now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by camri: 9:21pm On Feb 08
andrewbaba44:
So Nwabali went from below 100k Instagram followers to 300k followers plus

His last post on Instagram is the most engaged I have ever seen from a super eagles player with 70k comments ,even when musa scored a brace against Iceland at the World Cup he didn’t get such engagement

I hope as a late bloomer this will be nwabali edouard mendy moment

Wow ,I love good story

My motto has always been pasiero out and basketzoho out ,one have improved and one remains useless .

If you guys follow me here you will know I have always rated akpeyi ahead of uzoho ,that should tell you a lot .

If akpeyi better pass you then your own don finish grin
comot for here. People dey tok, this one wey ter stegen na second choice for germany dey tok

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:25pm On Feb 08
Goke7:

CAF is taking the VAR too seriously than those who originally invented it. What happened yesterday can never happen in EPL or anywhere in Europe, no matter the error they would have moved on cos they know the impact it can have on those watching the match anywhere. We don't care too much about human impact in Africa. It's insane for a team to be leading 2-0 and suddenly get back to 1:1. Human beings are not machines o, I repeat what happened yesterday will never happen in Europe, shebi we dey see wetin dey shele for epl. Call it bias, human lives are more important than any yeye rule.

Nooo. It was better they called the penalty. Decisions cannot be subjected to considerations of human frailty of those watching the game.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:27pm On Feb 08
camri:
where is gbolahon salami, julius lokosa, daddy bazuaye and ike thankgod

Lol do u live in d past 😊

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 9:32pm On Feb 08
BankyGee:

If it's the Osimhen I know you're talking about, either you're joking or you definitely have mental problems, and a high percentage of the reason is leaning to the side of the latter! Jeeez! 🤦🏾‍♂️

In fact, ⚡🔥 you!

Which Osimhen do you know

The Osimhen i've watched at Napoli needs only 1 chance to score a clean goal even with his offside issues...

He should better go to Edo and bow down to the Bini Goddesses and Gods..

He should be wearing a vest with the image of bini dieties to clear his lack of confidence and self belief.

I know I have seen Obafemi Martins with a pendant of Oduduwa.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 9:44pm On Feb 08
Oboto700:
seun pls ban this guy.. he's not normal..pls go and say this on the street... are this inhuman? Someone is Running up And down.. giving us penalties.. linking plays.. All the goals we have scored he's involved.. he's not just lucky in this tournament..seun pls ban this guy

Oboto700:
seun pls ban this guy now.. I beg u.. no normal person would make this type of comment about osihmen.. osihmen was sick..he was on drip..he still played last night. He gave us that penalty.. And all you would say is this nonsense? You are an ungrateful fellow.. seun pls do the needful

Oboto700:
seun pls ban this people.who is nwakali that one that's always playing to show himself? mtcheww

You're not serious.

Was Osimhen sick or injured when Ghana got World Cup ticket ahead of Super Eagles.

Was Osimhen injured during the last World Cup qualifiers that ended in draw games.

Osimhen not taking advantage of the chances to kill games off is giving people high blood pressure.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 9:50pm On Feb 08
camri:
comot for here. People dey tok, this one wey ter stegen na second choice for germany dey tok
stop this gimmick of new accounts starting with idiotic statements. It's washed. Start posting like a normal person.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 10:05pm On Feb 08
Oasis007:
grin

...when Super Eagles B conceded 4 Goals against Mexico in a friendly match in the US, guess who was the Keeper?!

Charlesemeka85!!! Don't give up on Nwakali yet.

https://twitter.com/OgaNlaMedia/status/1755521047598665740?t=q-dzdSN9L37FbjGCBUvMlQ&s=19

I never forgot that game stayed up only to end up crying

I bashed everyone from the attack to midfield and defense there was no one left out even the coach,

Majoribanks was defending some of the players back then i change am for am too 😂 Good times

The game Odin me because we weren’t allowed to on Gen Pass 12 but i on gen around 3pm and incur fine from vigilante only for my team to get schooled i cry sleep
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 10:09pm On Feb 08
mostob:
I felt the tension..I had to pour cold water on my head twice or so.

Yesterday's match and that WC final, I don't know which one raised BP pass.

Last World Cup edition was the best in the last 30 years
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:12pm On Feb 08
Barryseal:

After Iheanacho's pk, a random dude hugged me so tight that he cracked my Samsung screen which was in my pocket. Went to the repairers for screen replacement today, they said its 250k grin
Oops so sorry bro...
I remember a particular arsenal match. we were hugging and dragging ourselves. Like a minute later, I felt some cool breeze finding their ways into my chest region. I looked down to find out what was wrong only to discover about three buttons have been ripped off. Football is just crazy.

How far about the phone now?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:16pm On Feb 08
Odunayaw:
The only thing that saved me from tension in that WC final was network.

But last night I was not spared. Living in a bandit state sef never gave me that much shake emotionally.
That world cup final, I switched off my phone immediately Mbappe scored the second goal. I switched it back on when I heard shouts of Messi. The phone booted finish only to find out Mbappe has equalized. I didn't switch it back on until after the match. My chest just dey do gboom! gboom!
my madam was even hearing the beats where she sat. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:18pm On Feb 08
typicalgamer:

Last World Cup edition was the best in the last 30 years
Absolutely. And the final was remarkably outstanding. It was not ordinary.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:18pm On Feb 08
Mujtahida:
Tall with now legs, that Kanu
grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:19pm On Feb 08
I don't know who invited our Daddy-in-suit to the dressing room. Man was out of place just looking around.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:33pm On Feb 08
caprikon:
AFCON 98 was the last time an AFCON final ended with more than a goal margin.

Expecting an edgy encounter, either 1:0 or 2:1.

We are yet to score more than a goal in a game so far. Boys need to be at their clinical best as chances no go too dey...sad hearing loss of lives cos of the tension of yesterday's game.
Cameroon must have been a Gama and not a Game

haba let's stand behind this team abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 10:33pm On Feb 08
I came here yesterday to tell people to just seat and enjoy the game ... the game had so much tension , same thing will happen come sunday .. The ivoriens will come with full force and will not want the second defeat .... i see us beating them again because of the old legs in the team ... please guys stay safe . learn to watch the game with less of emotion .

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:36pm On Feb 08
Princezibk:
This is ugly to the ears 👂,,, and how are we sure these psychiatric patients are Nigerians I believe some are just masquerading as our people here oo… There’s this certain guy that talks negatively of Nigeria 🇳🇬 soteee I hated him ,,, Afcon started and prophecies doomed every match till date and I had to ask him if he was really a Nigerian and he said yes …

Fast forward to yesterday,,, I saw his friend and frankly asked if he’s sure his friend is normal ,,, alas he told me he’s a Ghanaian but born and breed here …

I was like darn ! No wonder ,,,, of which he has been lying to people that he’s a core yoruba boy ooo
A certain dark person may be a Ghanaian after all

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:41pm On Feb 08
mostob:
That world cup final, I switched off my phone immediately Mbappe scored the second goal. I switched it back on when I heard shouts of Messi. The phone booted finish only to find out Mbappe has equalized. I didn't switch it back on until after the match. My chest just dey do gboom! gboom!
grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by camri: 10:49pm On Feb 08
mostob:
you are a coward. Wetin consign u with france argentina wey your hat wan fly comot. Abeg shift
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by camri: 10:57pm On Feb 08
What you gonna do when you get out of jail? I'm gonna buy me gun. Food and sex. House party in the project
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:10pm On Feb 08
camri:

Say no to drugs ✌️

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:14pm On Feb 08
Watch Ekong dance with the supporters

That guy na Pako, nothing wey anybody go tell me 🤣🤣🤣

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtfTpHPFroQ?si=fqBXS6SoaKyzAPTc

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CornOak(m): 11:19pm On Feb 08
MetalJigsaw:

Awesome display but that wasn't Ekong dancing.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by theophilusj31(m): 11:21pm On Feb 08
The news of people dieing bcux of yesterday game does not shock me oooo,....that game was just too intense.my heart skipped when they gave south Africa that penalty.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:22pm On Feb 08
Nigeriagood:
aina is gonna be 31 this year shocked

Understand something Ekong was born in the Netherlands where there is automatic birth data capture. It's impossible to fake or lie about your age.

He is supposedly older than Kenneth Omeruo and a year younger than Ahmed Musa. Does anybody actually believe that.

Leave the age thing to one side.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:45pm On Feb 08
MetalJigsaw:

ekong na lovely guy ❤️❤️

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15797) (15798) (15799) (15800) (15801) (15802) (15803) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kingjite1, victorlekan(m), Puntingnoob, dymusty86 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.