Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,202 members, 7,835,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15801) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11783132 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15798) (15799) (15800) (15801) (15802) (15803) (15804) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mrwilliams9: 11:57pm On Feb 08
camri:
which born leader? Ekong that almost reduced us to ten men if not for god. Your teammate is in your front, you are pulling an opponent's shorts

Professional foul considering the time in the match (last 3/4 mins before PKs).

Chiellini did something similar to Saka in the Euros. 100% in support of that foul. No gree at all at all.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 12:04am On Feb 09
Wednesday night was the only day the country stood still. Even Kidnappers, armed robbers, bandits were quiet. Not even witches & wizards. And this is Nigeria when there is no religion & tribe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCCHh2OuoU4?feature=shared

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mrwilliams9: 12:14am On Feb 09
Amedino99:
the man was probably sabotaging us because NFF were late with his salaries.

I honestly believe this to be true. Supposedly all unpaid salaries and bonuses were released prior to the tournament so that might have gingered him to do well.

This is why you should always give people what they are due/owed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:54am On Feb 09
Oboto700:
we need a very creative midfielder.. he should scout the local league for one.if we can't find in Europe.. the coach can even invite players across the country and watch them play then pick one or two

The operative word should be midfielders.

What happened to Etebo ❓l had very high expectations for him , he is only 28. In 2018 world 🌎 cup he was arguably our best player.

He went to Stoke in the Championship 🏆 and did ok although not consistently outstanding. And then was in Watford (EPL) Didn't make much impact and he has ended up in the Greek League with Ekong.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:10am On Feb 09
Curtisaxel17:

Are you aware that we have national team scouts? As in, there are people who collect fat salaries every month to do this thing you are asking us to do?

Why not allow them do their job and then we can evaluate their selections?

The first question ❓ you should aske being a Nigerian and knowing the nature of football ⚽ globally.

What is there motivation is it self interest or national interest ❓❓⁉️

The number of Nigerian origin players who are doing great things in top academies is too many to mention.

Then those knocking on the first team door are plenty too.And those who are already playing in the EPL and Championship are considerable.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:24am On Feb 09
Victor Eletu back from injuries and presently training with the first team.

Will surely make the match day squad this weekend.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 1:24am On Feb 09
Lookman to Juve getting close!

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:55am On Feb 09
Marjoribanks:
Lookman to Juve getting close!
ATM and Inter Milan interested too

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 3:56am On Feb 09
mrwilliams9:

Professional foul considering the time in the match (last 3/4 mins before PKs).

Chiellini did something similar to Saka in the Euros. 100% in support of that foul. No gree at all at all.

He’s probably new to football and doesn’t read the game ahead
Plus Ekong hasn’t had a yellow card in the knockout stage so he chose to take one for the team in order to break up quick play by the South Africans
I mean they were on the move with pace and he chose to do that to slow down the game
Better safe than sorry

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oboto700(m): 4:55am On Feb 09
komekn:

What happened to Etebo ❓l had very high expectations for him , he is only 28. In 2018 world 🌎 cup he was arguably our best player.

He went to Stoke in the Championship 🏆 and did ok although not consistently outstanding. And then was in Watford (EPL) Didn't make much impact and he has ended up in the Greek League with Ekong.

etebo is not flexible enough

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mrwilliams9: 4:58am On Feb 09
charlesemeka85:
ATM and Inter Milan interested too

He’d fit Atletico, Juve and Inter, although I think Inter would be the better move for him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 7:32am On Feb 09
caprikon:
AFCON 98 was the last time an AFCON final ended with more than a goal margin.

Expecting an edgy encounter, either 1:0 or 2:1.

We are yet to score more than a goal in a game so far. Boys need to be at their clinical best as chances no go too dey...sad hearing loss of lives cos of the tension of yesterday's game.
no b 2-0 we beat cameroon?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:40am On Feb 09
How Iwobi racked up over 70 caps still baffles me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:54am On Feb 09
Emerse Faé: “It was unexpected, it was complicated. I remember that when I was a young player I won the World Cup U17, we lost against Nigeria in the group match and we beat them in the final. Maybe it's a sign of destiny..."

When you see it... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 8:24am On Feb 09
Barryseal:

After Iheanacho's pk, a random dude hugged me so tight that he cracked my Samsung screen which was in my pocket. Went to the repairers for screen replacement today, they said its 250k grin
Sorry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 8:31am On Feb 09
Toylove:
I need to check my BP this night
I wan die … God, what a shootout 😭
Immediately after the game, I was looking for cold water, I couldn’t catch my breath.
RIP to those who died
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 8:40am On Feb 09
Mujtahida:

Nooo. It was better they called the penalty. Decisions cannot be subjected to considerations of human frailty of those watching the game.

It’s in Africa we think like this, in the Western world with these deaths happening an investigation will be conducted and once it’s established that the deaths are connected to the VAR decision, the rule will be adjusted. Especially when families of those who died begin to go to court to sue FIFA or whoever invented VAR. By the time they pay so much for damages, nobody will need to tell them to change the damn rule.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 8:47am On Feb 09
codemaniacs:

Which Osimhen do you know

The Osimhen i've watched at Napoli needs only 1 chance to score a clean goal even with his offside issues...

He should better go to Edo and bow down to the Bini Goddesses and Gods..

He should be wearing a vest with the image of bini dieties to clear his lack of confidence and self belief.

I know I have seen Obafemi Martins with a pendant of Oduduwa.
Rubbish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lordofstrings: 8:52am On Feb 09
charlesemeka85:
Nwabali I pray you will move to europe next summer ijn amen!!

Make baba go chop oil money for Saudi Arabia first
Nwabali needs the money now💰💰💰
It a win win for everyone

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 8:55am On Feb 09
Pgltm:
Nwabali's performance is making me sad when I remember how we lost the world cup ticket to Ghana because of a goal keeping rookie error.
it's more painful considering it was Ghana's only shot on target.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by GeneralDae: 8:55am On Feb 09
MetalJigsaw:
Iwobi is lazy. His own is laziness nothing else. Wetin be "him style no suit African football" for how many years now playing in African soil?

He's playing in England the last time I checked so what's his problem. Which English/white midfielder is he even emulating by jugging all around the pitch while opponents navigate past him with so much ease.

Aribo is still better. Iwobi is simply a minus one when we're defending. Very terrible for a midfielder.
Aribo offers nothing to the game. Iwobi to me is still better. Iwobi at least can create chances on his good day. What can Aribo do on his good day?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lordofstrings: 8:58am On Feb 09
charlesemeka85:
u say u play wetin? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Na em be say u choose the wrong sport. You for do well for badminton or cricket 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
My honourable high chief of vawulence comrades

You are a wicked somebody 😭😂😂
Na you and Ekong com carry dis no gree for anybody for head 😂😁

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 9:08am On Feb 09
codemaniacs:

Which Osimhen do you know

The Osimhen i've watched at Napoli needs only 1 chance to score a clean goal even with his offside issues...

He should better go to Edo and bow down to the Bini Goddesses and Gods..

He should be wearing a vest with the image of bini dieties to clear his lack of confidence and self belief.

I know I have seen Obafemi Martins with a pendant of Oduduwa.
This is in contention to be the dumbest post ever to hit this thread. Imagine Osimhen bowing down to things that can't help him and has never helped anyone.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by GeneralDae: 9:11am On Feb 09
Meliforme:
This is in contention to be one of the dumbest post ever to hit this thread. Imagine Osimhen bowing down to things that can't help him and has never helped anyone.
It's a joke.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 9:17am On Feb 09
Bright Osayi's game against the tactical ingenuity of Hugo Broos was eye catching. We have more depth in the fullback role than in any other.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:23am On Feb 09
Goke7:

It’s in Africa we think like this, in the western world with these deaths happening an investigation will be conducted and once it’s established that the deaths are connected to the VAR decision, the rule will be adjusted. Especially when families of those who died begin to go to court to sue FIFA or whoever invented VAR. By the time they pay so much for damages nobody will need to them to change the damn rule.
How? Not like the ref was wrong. Even without VAR, something of such can happen. I'm not trying to justifying anything but it is a matter of if your mind can't carry am, don't bother watching. What if one of the deceased already has an health issue prior to the match?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel17: 9:26am On Feb 09
komekn:

Etebo is actually clubless at the moment according to Transfermarkt. At the age of 28, he can't find a club to sign him since July last year.

Very sad, considering how much promise he showed in our last WC. Somebody that should be leading our midfield now.

The short footballing life-spans of Nigerian footballers needs to be investigated.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel17: 9:30am On Feb 09
Meliforme:
This is in contention to be the dumbest post ever to hit this thread. Imagine Osimhen bowing down to things that can't help him and has never helped anyone.

Who said those "things" cannot help anyone?

I guess you would prefer for him to wear imported "things" like crucifixes and chaplets instead. After all, Oyibo stuff is always genuine and anything African na fake😎.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:34am On Feb 09
mostob:
How? Not like the ref was wrong. Even without VAR, something of such can happen. I'm not trying to justifying anything but it is a matter of if your mind can't carry am, don't bother watching. What if one of the deceased already has an health issue prior to the match?

The issue is did the VAR decision trigger anything for the individual? If a car hit somebody will you say what if the person has a prior health issue?

Like I said earlier we see things differently in our clime. I’ve watched some foreign media and they can’t fathom that dramatic VAR decision. It’s the rule but the human impact can’t be ruled out in other environments .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:51am On Feb 09
codemaniacs:

Nwakali is Iwobi Pro Max.

He can tackle, play long and short passes, he is rugged, can score from outside the box, he can defend e.t.c.

Stop disrespecting Nwakali....

Nwakali na iwobi pro max ?

Abeg give me address me we meet and please come alone ,I get business proposal wey we need to discuss

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oboto700(m): 10:02am On Feb 09
comodo:
Wednesday night was the only day the country stood still. Even Kidnappers, armed robbers, bandits were quiet. Not even witches & wizards. And this is Nigeria when there is no religion & tribe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCCHh2OuoU4?feature=shared
it always happens when we are in a major competition

(1) (2) (3) ... (15798) (15799) (15800) (15801) (15802) (15803) (15804) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: charlesemeka85(m), lordofstrings, mhiztalee(m), Darell2002(f) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.