Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15963) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11679162 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15960) (15961) (15962) (15963) (15964) (15965) (15966) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Princezibk: 5:36pm On Mar 09
Amedino99:
We are playing Mali and Ghana this international break. Team list is already out.
Why team below is naah ,,, why not Senegal πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡³ or Morocco ? South Korea , Japan , Austria πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ή and other top 20 dey there … I’m gutted 😑

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Princezibk: 5:37pm On Mar 09
Amedino99:
We are playing Mali and Ghana this international break. Team list is already out.
Better that chukwueze is not there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:37pm On Mar 09
Is Tianimu better than Olisa Ndah, and if he is that good why don’t many of us know him?

Also, what is the rationale for inviting Sadiq Umar?

charlesemeka85:
OFFICIAL: Squad list of 27 players selected for Super Eagles' int'l friendlies against Ghana and Mali this March.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:39pm On Mar 09
Really questionable.

Marjoribanks:
You left Ogbu and Ndah out for your Benin brother (Tiami...)... Another one carry his Northern brothers go All African games. We play too much in this country!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Princezibk: 5:46pm On Mar 09
I think the invited Osho don get injury or knock ,,, Watching him leap out
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:47pm On Mar 09
Amedino99:
this one plays in Tanzania....
No be we Dey talk say NPFL na trash then na to go to Tanzania 😎
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:49pm On Mar 09
mostob:
Concerning that your last paragraph, it is highly possible and such, if it happens should be condemned. However, there is still something unclear about this whole issue. Did Amunike demanded for his own percentage or it was Nwakali's party that freely gave him?

I asked Elder Kog45 twice but he stylishly dodged the question.
Give or demand does not change nada. If you demand, it is unethical, if you are given, it is still unethical

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:51pm On Mar 09
lovewins:

Benjamin Tiaminu is a Nigerian. Benjamin currently plays in Tanzania, a move that he made about a month ago. Prior to that he was playing for Bendel Insurance in the NPFL and is reportedly one of the best defenders in the league.
Hmmm when he Dey NPFL no invitation but now Tanzania….Abi na another Nwabali
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:54pm On Mar 09
jihday:
this is very funny, NT coaches dey collect developmental fee now?
Even devil go dey clap for how this guy fit twist things.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 5:55pm On Mar 09
I tire!
charlesemeka85:
When we hv CBs like Ndah and Ogbu 😑

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 5:56pm On Mar 09
Mujtahida:

Any proof for this bold statement And that it is ethical to do so?
if you look through the argument from the beginning to the last you would notice the goodjoe didn't bring proof of other coaches doing this thing as opposed to his usual practices. Normally in most arguments he is usually loaded with articles and YouTube videos supporting his points. Like lovewins said, he is so blindsided by his admiration of the man that he is willing to defend his position till death even at the expense of him being looked upon as ridiculous. And besides I'm not sure I remember when the guy has ever conceded an argument. Just like Southgate he just wears you out with the same point till you leave him.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 5:57pm On Mar 09
Princezibk:
Why team below is naah ,,, why not Senegal πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡³ or Morocco ? South Korea , Japan , Austria πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ή and other top 20 dey there … I’m gutted 😑
everyone else has secured their own teams to play with.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 5:58pm On Mar 09
charlesemeka85:
OFFICIAL: Squad list of 27 players selected for Super Eagles' int'l friendlies against Ghana and Mali this March.

Absentees who should be given a chance

Arthur Okonkwo
Maduka Okoye
Jordan Tourinagha
Chuba Akpom
Elijah Adebayo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 5:59pm On Mar 09
Amedino99:
not really different if you think about it. Even worse Weah is a Liberian football legend, jay jay is a Nigerian football legend, weah is a ballon d'or winner, jay jay is NOT a ballon d'or winner. Weah was a PRESIDENT OF LIBERIA, okocha's highest admin position was the chairman of Delta state fa. When you consider how much influence weah has in Liberia, his own son not playing for his homeland should have been a big deal but it's not. The boateng, alcantara and pogba brothers all play for different countries. The nephew of our legend not playing for us wouldn't be that much of a deal in my opinion.
Uncle sef not even father. You are right iwobi would have rejected Nigeria and nothing will happen. Tammy rejected Nigeria even when the nff president is a family friend and even laid red carpet for him

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 5:59pm On Mar 09
charlesemeka85:
The Benji Tianimu plays for a club in Tanzania called IHEFU

Ihe ya ga efuriri 🀣🀣🀣🀣
Emeka Biko be calming down he's also a Nigerian though unknown.
But I don't support him being in the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 6:00pm On Mar 09
Sadiq is playing well. He started last week and got 7.6 rating. He is starting today again. Nacho hasn't play much, not even in today's squad yet got invited. Don't misunderstand me, I do understand the rational for Nacho's invite. Sadiq deserves his call-up. Dessers has scored few goals here and there but has been generally poor this season.
Joebie:
Is Tianimu better than Olisa Ndah, and if he is that good why don’t many of us know him?

Also, what is the rationale for inviting Sadiq Umar?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:01pm On Mar 09
Marjoribanks:
You left Ogbu and Ndah out for your Benin brother (Tiami...)... Another one carry his Northern brothers go All African games. We play too much in this country!
No be the same man gave Olisa Ndah the opportunity in Afcon 2022

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by victornoah(m): 6:02pm On Mar 09
A. Iwobi scores at the death !

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 6:03pm On Mar 09
Iwobi, Scores!

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 6:05pm On Mar 09
Mali almost defeated the AFCON Champion. Ghana is Ghana! Senegal or Morocco are not in any way better than Mali/Ghana. We are playing African opponents in June not Europeans. Nothing to be gutted about!
Princezibk:

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:06pm On Mar 09
Amedino99:
if you look through the argument from the beginning to the last you would notice the goodjoe didn't bring proof of other coaches doing this thing as opposed to his usual practices. Normally in most arguments he is usually loaded with articles and YouTube videos supporting his points. Like lovewins said, he is so blindsided by his admiration of the man that he is willing to defend his position till death even at the expense of him being looked upon as ridiculous. And besides I'm not sure I remember when the guy has ever conceded an argument. Just like Southgate he just wears you out with the same point till you leave him.
That might be part of the reason. But the main reason is that he must win every argument.

I followed the argument and I could see his duplicity and sophistry in avoiding the crucial point as to whether it is right for a national team coach to collect developmental fees. He totally avoided answering that question. And that is the meat of contention.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:07pm On Mar 09
Benji πŸ™

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:08pm On Mar 09
AIG07:
Iwobi, Scores!
my boy on fire πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by austineaddy: 6:08pm On Mar 09
Alex Iwobi with a man of the match performance! Crowned it with a goal, good one Alex.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:08pm On Mar 09
TheGoodJoe:

The academy gave him and the coaching crew the development fee because of their role on his development.
Development as national team coach or as club or academy coach?

Is it ethical to receive developmental fee as a coach of the national team?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 6:08pm On Mar 09
Amedino99:

Great to see Ebuehi back in the team.

Good list btw.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:11pm On Mar 09
TheGoodJoe:

Amunike and his coaching crew did their job. The boy succeeded and the academy showed appreciation. Just as players going back to their coaches of old and giving them money to show appreciation.

So, what is the problem?
Legal or ethical issues are not determined by outcomes. If that's the case, a thief will steal and justify it by saying he gave it as charity.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 6:14pm On Mar 09
You like Wahala! lol! elyte89 come see your Captain oo!
charlesemeka85:
Benji πŸ™
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:17pm On Mar 09
Joebie:
Deadline to submit applications for the vacant Super Eagles and Golden Eaglets job is March 12.. would be interesting to see who applies in this short time frame.
I expect you to apply oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:19pm On Mar 09
Amedino99:
what if the football he gave us was what we paid for? 50k for Haram ball. Give him 120k and the world will tremble beneath his feet.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Quality of football according to quality of pay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:20pm On Mar 09
I’m not a coach. But I know a good coach when I see one πŸ˜‚
Mujtahida:

I expect you to apply oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 6:21pm On Mar 09
charlesemeka85:
Imagine a player from the Tanzanian league in our squad? 😳

Why not give that chance to an NPFL player? Atleast em for dey reasonable small

He left the NPFL about a month ago and he was adjudged as one of the best in the league. Also, the Tanzanian league is sadly better than the NPFL right now. Symba FC of Tanzania got to the quarter finals of the Champions League last season and only lose to Wydad Casablanca who were finalist. This season they qualified ahead of the Wydad in the same group. Young Africans from Tanzania were finalist of the CAF confederation cup last season and qualified for the knockout stages this season ahead of Algerian champions. All this is primarily being driven by private money.

Apart from Rivers United who by a miracle got into the knockout stages of the Confederations cup, Nigerian clubs have been missing on the continent.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (15960) (15961) (15962) (15963) (15964) (15965) (15966) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.