Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,424 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15980) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11656697 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15977) (15978) (15979) (15980) (15981) (15982) (15983) ... (16148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:32am On Mar 15
zicky:
You look stressed. Do you feel stressed in your daily life 😂

Sometimes a bit cold ❄️ but never stressed, was in Sunderland last weekend for a premier League international U15 tournament.

In 10 days I'll be in somewhat Sunny Spain for one week ☀️for a football ⚽ tournament. And after that I will be in Nigeria for a few weeks.

Would you call that stressful.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:49am On Mar 15
yinkeys:

Since 2013 u17 players in Nigeria have been going through bone screening
It even screens out legitimate players with already mature bones I believe

Do you know anybody who studied radiography ❓

What it does do is give a 99% accuracy of when bone Fusion takes place proving that the person cannot be U17.

That deduction is carried out amongst several variables that are not 🚫 so absolute. So for instance a racial origination environment factors such as access to quality health & medical facilities, levels of balanced quality nutrition, absence of trauma ( psychological issues) will have impacts on healthy normal growth.

You would not expect a caucasian youth in the west getting top level nutrition, medical and health care to have same level of bone Fusion. As a youth from a malnourished, deprived socioeconomic environment with poor health care.

I'm sure you have heard of the term delayed growth and stunted growth.

What that means is that MRI cannot tell you the exact date of birth of a person. But it can say ABSOLUTELY is if bone fusion has occured.

Because of those variables you could be 19/20 without complete bone fusion.

Nonetheless, MRI has been a saving grace, it has completely wiped out the crass wide spread blatant and disgraceful age cheating that went on for year's. We now have genuine youngsters not Uncles.

However, there is no MRI required for U20 football ⚽ .

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:06am On Mar 15
Just read from FAJ sports that the next under 17 male world cup is going to be hosted by Qatar and will be 5 years in a row and for female will be at Morocco same 5 years in a row

That's a wel come development

NFF should please take advantage of this to unearth talents. I read Manu Garba and Ugbade the last under 17 coach both applied for the under 17 job. Please both of them should be appointed as under 17 coaches and Fidelis of Rangers and Remo Stars coach be asked to handle under 20.

The NFF really need to relieve Ladan Bosso of that job fast

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 9:13am On Mar 15
komekn:

What it does do is give a 99% accuracy of when bone Fusion takes place proving that the person cannot be U17.

That deduction is carried out amongst several variables that are not 🚫 so absolute. So for instance a racial origination environment factors such as access to quality health & medical facilities, levels of balanced quality nutrition, absence of trauma ( psychological issues) will have impacts on healthy normal growth.

You would not expect a caucasian youth in the west getting top level nutrition, medical and health care to have same level of bone Fusion. As a youth from a malnourished, deprived socioeconomic environment with poor health care.

What that means is that MRI cannot tell you the exact date of birth of a person. But it can say ABSOLUTELY is if bone fusion has occured.

Nonetheless, MRI has been a saving grace, it has completely wiped out the crass wide spread blatant and disgraceful age cheating that went on for year's. We now have genuine youngsters not Uncles.

However, there is no MRI required for U20 football ⚽ .
We’ve been having legitimate players from the ranks for over a decade now
Iheanacho, Ndidi, Awoniyi, Osimhen, Chukwueze etc are examples
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 9:14am On Mar 15
Ademola Lookman for Apoty after Atalanta wins the Europa League

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 9:35am On Mar 15
komekn:

Sometimes a bit cold ❄️ but never stressed, was in Sunderland last weekend for a premier League international U15 tournament.

In 10 days I'll be in somewhat Sunny Spain for one week ☀️for a football ⚽ tournament. And after that I will be in Nigeria for a few weeks.

of course is stress, no wonder you come here to pour your frustration on people.

With all this engagement you are into there is no single player you have recommended/ brought to the national team or even the youth team all you know how to do is to be trolling nwakali an shouting corruption here and there.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 9:42am On Mar 15
komekn:

And the next day to Qatar 🇶🇦 😂 then after that? . Stick to your Boro agent job to reduce stress or drink more water, it's telling all over you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:44am On Mar 15
Ghana has appointed my colleague Otto addo,d man who led dem to the last World Cup 2022 😎

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel17: 9:55am On Mar 15
elyte89:
Ghana has appointed my colleague Otto addo,d man who led dem to the last World Cup 2022 😎

Good choice if you ask me. I hope we stick with Finidi.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nomyth: 10:43am On Mar 15
Amedino99:
how's caf going to do the qualifiers now cos I'm sure they aren't capable of conducting an u17 afcon every year.

My own be say, CAF should just jettison this satanic regional qualification system which is detrimental to West Africa.

With the expansion to 48 teams , serious African countries should be able to qualify on merit without assistance from regional arrangements.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 12:02pm On Mar 15
chrisooblog:
To be frank we have better strikers than many top countries.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Germany, Italy, Holland or even almighty Brazil have the kind of depth in attack the SE currently have.

No need to correct you

You’re wrong plain and simple

Only osimehn name na they carry the full team remove him

And our attack is LOL 😆

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 12:05pm On Mar 15
chrisooblog:
I could see England snubbing Eze from a mile away but how a top player who features often for Italian giants AC Milan gets ignored honestly puzzles me.

Because he’s not better than what they have right now that’s why

Truth be told he’s not good enough to start but he’s more than good enough to make the bench and him tomori not being included baffles me

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 12:05pm On Mar 15
Samueltemi337:
Eze can't play for us again na

Why ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:07pm On Mar 15
🇳🇬🗣️ Gift Orban: "I can’t explain it because you can’t understand. You were born in Europe, it’s not like being born in Africa."

"If you’re poor in France, the state can help you, charities can help you and take care of you. In Africa, no one gives you anything and you die of hunger."

"That’s why we all want to play football.
Where I grew up, if you’re in a poor family, life is impossible."

That’s what gives you determination... now, I want to succeed in life in order to be able to help. Not only my family, that’s already obviously the case, but I want to help all poor people, orphans."

"There is poor in Europe and poor in Africa. You can’t compare, it’ll never be the same. You need to have lived it like I have. You get up in the morning and you find nothing to eat, don’t ask me to go into detail." (L'Equipe)

Many English players in the EPL would never even make it to Rivers United as pro players if they were born in Nigeria.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 12:25pm On Mar 15
MallamSpicey:
Kudus is a really special player sha, I'm jealous he's Ghanaian...wish Osimhen was as skillful as him.

You cannot be skillful like Neymar and have a big build like Zlatan, Ronaldo or osimehn.

It’s rare osimehn is rapid, strong and direct a traditional ST

kudus is slim agile and pacy a traditional winger

Make kudus and osimehn jam body wether kudus no go cough blood
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 12:29pm On Mar 15
komekn:

[/b]However, there is no MRI required for U20 football ⚽[b] .

Why ??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:38pm On Mar 15
Attack lol? How many Italian, Dutch, German and Brazilian strikers have scored double digits this season in the top 5 European leagues? Emphasis STRIKERS before you go and bring Vinicius and Harvertz.

Osimhen and Boniface have 10 league goals already. Awoniyi, Moffi and Akor Adams on 6, 7, and 8 goals with many league matches to spare. Even Sadiq if he goes on a good run who knows he might get to 10 at least they are enough games left.

typicalgamer:

No need to correct you

You’re wrong plain and simple

Only osimehn name na they carry the full team remove him

And our attack is LOL 😆

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:40pm On Mar 15
MetalJigsaw:
Should I start mentioning names? I'm not sayng he should become an Ejuke or Simon or Okocha

You know one thing about trickery? It bails you out in tight spaces and it also makes you slippery!

Defenders will be overly cautious when having to engage you in a close one-on-one... You know that inner fear of being humiliated in front of thousands of spectators.

Benzema, Mbappe, Boniface.. make I no start oh
is Mbappe a number 9? Boniface didn’t even start his career as a 9 and drifts wide a lot. Lewa, Haland,Kane are not known for dribbling . Most important attributes of a striker is pace and space

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:43pm On Mar 15
If Maddison can get into England squad trust me so can Eze but that's their business jare.

typicalgamer:

Because he’s not better than what they have right now that’s why

Truth be told he’s not good enough to start but he’s more than good enough to make the bench and him tomori not being included baffles me

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 12:48pm On Mar 15
chrisooblog:
Attack lol? How many Italian, Dutch, German and Brazilian strikers have scored double digits this season in the top 5 European leagues? Emphasis STRIKERS before you go and bring Vinicius and Harvertz.

Osimhen and Boniface have 10 league goals already. Awoniyi, Moffi and Akor Adams on 6, 7, and 8 goals with many league matches to spare. Even Sadiq if he goes on a good run who knows he might get to 10 at least they are enough games left.

Let’s end it here on paper 📝 our attackers are world best let’s see how they turn those imaginary stats to goals when it comes to the super eagles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 12:49pm On Mar 15
chrisooblog:
If Maddison can get into England squad trust me so can Eze but that's their business jare.

E be like you forget say favoritism they England too??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 12:53pm On Mar 15
Guys this bashing of osihmen has got to stop, Yes we all want him to improve but some of us are beginning to take it to the extreme and that's unfair, like Thiery Henry said the fact that his goals won Napoli the serie A title after they last did it with the legend Maradona, that will stick to osihmen for the rest of his career no matter what happens next (in Thiery Henry's words).

If Osihmen was Ghananian they would project him far better than we do, right now the average Ghananain believes Kudus is Africa's best including Ghanaian legends, a player that's playing for a club that may never win epl in the nearest future, abeg let's stop all this osihmen comparison, it's not making sense any longer. This is how we kept saying Yekini has no skills, yet all those who have more skills than him can't outscore his record. The same Kudus has played in both Afcon and the world cup, yet Ghana no reach anywhere, nonsense.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:49pm On Mar 15
ChrisKels:
You guys should stop making excuses for those craps of players born in England

Look at bitter leaf 🌿🍀 soup 🤢 with stale fish .

Why do you have so much dislike, prejudice, ignorant aversion, antipathy and downright acidic hostility towards Nigerian origin people born in the UK.

You just used vitriolic diction to describe a whole set of people in the most condemnatory way. But why it's exactly the same thing as tribalism.

You called all the players c**p, that includes the outstanding Eberechi Eze, this boy is very respectful is a Christian and has overcome by faith.

Several years ago he was invited to the SE to train he did so he was already playing in the Championship. And after that experience he was completely forgotten and host of other players invited to friendlies etc, but not him. When he started getting recognition in the Championship he was suddenly remembered.

Nigeria and the NFF showed no commitment and lack integrity.

I have had several dealings with NFF and I can tell you at the heart ❤️ of all things is self interest bordering on extortion. You may say that's a pack of lies

I think you need help .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:13pm On Mar 15
We really need to cap Folorunsho before the summer. Napoli is already going gaga over his displays this season and his boyhood club, Lazio are also interested in having him back to Rome. After the summer, it will be hard to wrestle him out from Italy if we don't act now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:25pm On Mar 15
jihday:
is Mbappe a number 9? Boniface didn’t even start his career as a 9 and drifts wide a lot. Lewa, Haland,Kane are not known for dribbling . Most important attributes of a striker is pace and space

You are comparing Haaland and Kane to VO do you think that's reasonable.

Haaland has been offside once this season in the EPL, that in itself tells you something.

Kane has won the golden boot in the EPL how many times ❓And that's with Tottenham that's struggling to get into the top 6 in the EPL for over 5 years and cannot remember when they last won the league.

Kane has gone to Bundesliga and has destroyed it making multiple records in the process. It's crazy 25 games and 30 Goals. He has always been at the top level of the goals scoring table in the EPL for over a decade.

You are comparing a player who had had one break out season in his career 2022/23 to players who have done it consistently year after year.

Do you think 🤔 that's a balanced approach.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:27pm On Mar 15
Goke7:
Guys this bashing of osihmen has got to stop, Yes we all want him to improve but some of us are beginning to take it to the extreme and that's unfair, like Thiery Henry said the fact that his goals won Napoli the serie A title after they last did it with the legend Maradona, that will stick to osihmen for the rest of his career no matter what happens next (in Thiery Henry's words).

If Osihmen was Ghananian they would project him far better than we do, right now the average Ghananain believes Kudus is Africa's best including Ghanaian legends, a player that's playing for a club that may never win epl in the nearest future, abeg let's stop all this osihmen comparison, it's not making sense any longer. This is how we kept saying Yekini has no skills, yet all those who have more skills than him can't outscore his record. The same Kudus has played in both Afcon and the world cup, yet Ghana no reach anywhere, nonsense.

When people don't over hype your favourite player you call it disdain.

Being balanced and objective is now HATE for many people here.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:31pm On Mar 15
zicky:
Oga you say cheesy people that commit the atrocities are not the problem but people that talk about it are the problem, I dey laugh you. That's even what's wrong with Nigeria, steal kill, bad economy, budget padding. When citizens talk about this I'll deed you want to silent them, call them fascist. Don't talk about it, it happens everywhere. Oga can you boost of 20hrs electricity, pipr borne water, security. Why is the fence to your house that high. Oga you are part of the problem, talk football and leave Nigeria problem

Thank you , 🙏🏿 please do not remain silent .

The biggest problem in Nigeria is silence in the face of corruption, criminality, judicial bastardisation, etc

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:41pm On Mar 15
komekn:

Thank you , 🙏🏿 please do not remain silent .

The biggest problem in Nigeria is silence in the face of corruption, criminality, judicial bastardisation, etc
Do you know this wonder kid

(1) (2) (3) ... (15977) (15978) (15979) (15980) (15981) (15982) (15983) ... (16148) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amedino99(m), ThanosKilla(m), mkrest(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.