Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15981) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11656313 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15978) (15979) (15980) (15981) (15982) (15983) (15984) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:47pm On Mar 15
komekn:

You are comparing Haaland and Kane to VO do you think that's reasonable.

Haaland has been offside once this season in the EPL, that in itself tells you something.

Kane has won the golden boot in the EPL how many times ❓And that's with Tottenham that's struggling to get into the top 6 in the EPL for over 5 years and cannot remember when they last won the league.

Kane has gone to Bundesliga and has destroyed it making multiple records in the process. It's crazy 25 games and 30 Goals. He has always been at the top level of the goals scoring table in the EPL for over a decade.

You are comparing a player who had had one break out season in his career 2022/23 to players who have done it consistently year after year.

Do you think 🤔 that's a balanced approach.

This is the truth nobody wants to hear 👂 😂

Some will come and say chukwueze is better than vini jr
All because chuks is our country man

Or how ndidi is on a class of its own and all other dm is playing catch up.

Because of our boys folks here now rate championship like it’s laliga

In tems voice crazy things are happening

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:48pm On Mar 15
Lol how are actual goals recorded 'imaginary stats'?

typicalgamer:

Let’s end it here on paper 📝 our attackers are world best let’s see how they turn those imaginary stats to goals when it comes to the super eagles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:51pm On Mar 15
chrisooblog:
Lol how are actual goals recorded 'imaginary stats'?

I don’t know but we have the best of the best according to you guys here.

I’m all about hype and all but when it’s out of the real of reality it looks like a clown fiasco.

I don’t know nothing please don’t get me involved

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:01pm On Mar 15
Marjoribanks we had this discussion on Osimhen,pls what can you say to this…

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:06pm On Mar 15
ChrisKels:
We really need to cap Folorunsho before the summer. Napoli is already going gaga over his displays this season and his boyhood club, Lazio are also interested in having him back to Rome. After the summer, it will be hard to wrestle him out from Italy if we don't act now.
Does he want to play for us?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:08pm On Mar 15
E b like say Cameroon 🇨🇲 wan hire our formal coachie 😎

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 3:08pm On Mar 15
komekn:

When people don't over hype your favourite player you call it disdain.

Being balanced and objective is now HATE for many people here.

Are you of all people talking about being objective? far from it grin

some of the so-called comparisons I have seen here are just baseless, like Obafemi Martins better than VO or Kudus being a better player haba

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:17pm On Mar 15
elyte89:
Baba elyte hope you applied for Cameroon job😎
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 3:26pm On Mar 15
Goke7:

You didn't read my post well, abuse and curse your leaders but don't hate on your country. Every African leader is also committing all the atrocities committed by our leaders, do you think their citizens are silent about this? No, but they do not hate their country. Let me give an example, you can say Tinubu is a goat and that may be true but to say Nigeria is not worth living is a different thing altogether as you're sending a wrong signal to the entire world about your country. And If you care to know even South Africa can't boast of regular electricity supply anymore but it's funny how it's Nigeria that is now a generator republic, even security-wise, banditry has been in SA before Nigeria.

And honestly, do you think with all the noise we make as citizens, those leaders will change? Football gives everyone joy why don't we use it to project the country and make everyone believe we truly rank among the best like we have done in Afrobeats that everyone wants to associate Nigeria with, this is what we need to do to project to all the foreign borns out there and they will be eager to represent the country despite how bad our economy and other issues are. That's the perspective am coming from.
Bro I get your point, but bro we can't project falsehood, our music is good and those musician put in the work, that's the results we are seeing. if these politicians/leaders wants a good image about Nigeria they should do what is right. And like I said earlier it's not what people say that's killing the image of the country, it's what we Nigerians do both in Nigeria and outside.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 4:22pm On Mar 15
Kog45:
Baba elyte hope you applied for Cameroon job😎

Nah I be patriotic man..I no apply ,await my unveiling by next month
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 4:31pm On Mar 15
What I can say is, in 15 Seria A starts he has 11 goals and 4 assists!
In his last 4 games, he has 5 goals in a team that couldn't score when he was at AFCON! RESPECT RESPECT!

All other stats are rubbish to me.
Kog45:

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 5:21pm On Mar 15
typicalgamer:

This is the truth nobody wants to hear 👂 😂

Some will come and say chukwueze is better than vini jr
All because chuks is our country man

Or how ndidi is on a class of its own and all other dm is playing catch up.

Because of our boys folks here now rate championship like it’s laliga

In tems voice crazy things are happening
the funniest thing is, the only person who rates the championship very high is the person you quoted
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 6:00pm On Mar 15
elyte89:
Ghana has appointed my colleague Otto addo,d man who led dem to the last World Cup 2022 😎

NFF should do the needful and give you the eagle job... Otto Addo and Elyte will dominate Africa football for long just like how Pep and Klopp did in EPL.

Can't wait, I will be there no matter what💪

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 6:15pm On Mar 15
Has Nigeria capped this guy yet?

ChrisKels:
🇳🇬🗣️ Gift Orban: "I can’t explain it because you can’t understand. You were born in Europe, it’s not like being born in Africa."

"If you’re poor in France, the state can help you, charities can help you and take care of you. In Africa, no one gives you anything and you die of hunger."

"That’s why we all want to play football.
Where I grew up, if you’re in a poor family, life is impossible."

That’s what gives you determination... now, I want to succeed in life in order to be able to help. Not only my family, that’s already obviously the case, but I want to help all poor people, orphans."

"There is poor in Europe and poor in Africa. You can’t compare, it’ll never be the same. You need to have lived it like I have. You get up in the morning and you find nothing to eat, don’t ask me to go into detail." (L'Equipe)

Many English players in the EPL would never even make it to Rivers United as pro players if they were born in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 6:41pm On Mar 15
elyte89:

Cameroon are into negotiations with Jpes on $100,000 salary as against our $50,000 or $80,000. One man's food...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 6:48pm On Mar 15
Kog45:
no wahala. This una agenda. E never do
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 6:55pm On Mar 15
Goke7:

Bros, there's no good leader like that anywhere in the world o, don't be deceived by what you hear from other countries, na media projection of the desired perception of what they want others to see about their country. And I agree with you, our leaders have failed to project our good sides well and this is where we should pressure them more to do. No saint anywhere but we can do better, we have soccer players who are the envy of other nations, let's not allow disgruntled fellows to tell us who is crap or not. Cheers.
like bro for instance player wise we have far better talent than southy but when you look at Caf champions league, when last did Nigeria club perform above average, maybe 2004 enyimba or Heartland getting to the finals, why because our league is poorly run, then when someone comes out to say how poor Nigeria league is run we shut the person down 'don't talk down on your country's league, other league are the same it's just the media'. That's hypocrisy. Those at the top should do what is right, then you see citizen saying great things about the country. I hate when people talk about something wrong with the country and our only response is 'it happens everywhere ' and the naria is fallen like this? Giant of Africa. We should be a standard for other africa countries and to compare who's worst. Sorry for the long episode. ☺

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 7:07pm On Mar 15
Marjoribanks:
No country was built by politicians. None! USA was built by the toil and sweat of capitalists and drug Lords. The politicians did everything to destroy Edison, Ford, Carnegie etc. Even Schwab had to commit suicide due to the stock market crash caused by the shocking policies of the then politicians. Yet these individuals paid no mind to the politicians, they were willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for their nation and they did! The USA public school systems is one of the worst in the world with many of their populations living in trailers. If you know you know!
No European country will survive with a population of 150 million people- they would finish themselves with war!
One of the most corrupt human became a USA president and might win again in November. Britain has a PM that was not elected by its people. Putin... Relying on politicians to better your country is a lazy mindset. We have had and still have some of the best minds in the world head important ministries in our country. So why no changes? Cos individuals are not ready to sacrifice for their country. Simple! Complain, complain complain why contributing nothingness!!
Nigerians are one of the most hard working people in the world. I don't think anyone want politicians or the government to spoon feed them. All they are asking is the basic amenities. Yes I agree with you politicians don't build a country. Let's start with the npfl, tell the government/ politicians to hands-off from the league and how well the league will be run. Get the league working and see Nigeria club perform wonders. Your politician don't want to hand off. Go tell private owner who have at one time invested in the league or in one area of Nigeria economy let them tell you the bottleneck they encounter.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:20pm On Mar 15
jihday:
You people just say anything, how many number 9 can dribble?

Ronaldo
Benzema
Kane
Haaland
IvanToney
Dominic Solanke
Ollie Watkins
Rashford
Alex Isak
J. Bowen
Mitrovic
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:31pm On Mar 15
komekn:

Ronaldo
Benzema
Kane
Haaland
IvanToney
Dominic Solanke
Ollie Watkins
Rashford
Alex Isak
J. Bowen
Mitrovic

Haaland Alex isak and dribble are two parallel lines ….Dey don’t even av an idea of aw to dribble
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 7:32pm On Mar 15
zicky:
like bro for instance player wise we have far better talent than southy but when you look at Caf champions league, when last did Nigeria club perform above average, maybe 2004 enyimba or Heartland getting to the finals, why because our league is poorly run, then when someone comes out to say how poor Nigeria league is run we shut the person down 'don't talk down on your country's league, other league are the same it's just the media'. That's hypocrisy. Those at the top should do what is right, then you see citizen saying great things about the country. I hate when people talk about something wrong with the country and our only response is 'it happens everywhere ' and the naria is fallen like this? Giant of Africa. We should be a standard for other africa countries and to compare who's worst. Sorry for the long episode. ☺

Sports is still seen as a social service in Nigeria and not a business. It's the same unpatriotic Nigerians that are holding the league to ransom in the colours of govt officials and they won't let go because of their interests. Until there is a common consensus that govt should hand off critical sectors like sports, aviation, and other sectors that will encourage private sector participation nothing will change. But for now, Nigerians are divided on the level of govt participation. The entertainment sector is where it is cos govt is not involved which has encouraged massive private investments.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 7:51pm On Mar 15
Goke7:

Sports is still seen as a social service in Nigeria and not a business. It's the same unpatriotic Nigerians that are holding the league to ransom in the colours of govt officials and they won't let go because of their interests. Until there is a common consensus that govt should hand off critical sectors like sports, aviation, and other sectors that will encourage private sector participation nothing will change. But for now, Nigerians are divided on the level of govt participation. The entertainment sector is where it is cos govt is not involved which has encouraged massive private investments.
very well said my blood brother grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 8:41pm On Mar 15
Gift Orban on the bench for Lyon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 8:42pm On Mar 15
Sadiq Umar on the bench for Real Sociedad

(1) (2) (3) ... (15978) (15979) (15980) (15981) (15982) (15983) (15984) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Bascovanveli2, Elnino9(m), AndSunGorilla and 18 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.