Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,859 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15984) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11667637 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15981) (15982) (15983) (15984) (15985) (15986) (15987) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 10:48am On Mar 16
zuchyblink:

Bassey,Awoniyi,Boniface and Osimhen will not get into English team? Take it easy on that substance you are abusing

I don't know about the first 2. But the last 2 will definitely get into the English team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Princezibk: 11:02am On Mar 16
komekn:

What's wrong with that โ“

None of our players will get into the England national team as it stands, not one.

So what does that make you โ“ should I say intelligent ๐Ÿค“

England will be over proud and glad to have Osimhen ,Boniface , Lookman and few others โ€ฆ. You better calm down on ass licking the English team ooo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Princezibk: 11:03am On Mar 16
lbrichman2:

They actually respect him, it's just the black man's tendency to pull down his brother, na wetin dey do all of them, shamefully
like how they talk down on Anthony Joshua that he publicly neglected us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 11:11am On Mar 16
lbrichman2:

The challenge with you, as bright as you are, is your unbridled tendency to make hasty generalizations
You do it so much that it creates enemies for you almost effortlessly
Also, take this piece of advice.. learn to attack the subject matter being discussed, and not the person, it gives you off as an uncouth and uncivil fellow..

I followed the discussion and I only felt the need to respond to that hasty generalization you made

He will always go personal cos he believes heโ€™s more knowledgeable than others in every matter he expresses his views

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 11:29am On Mar 16
lbrichman2:

I don't know about the first 2. But the last 2 will definitely get into the English team
The Almighty English team.....lol

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:31am On Mar 16
komekn:

If there were people who had the boldness to say VO cannot dribble then your video gives credence to that view.

Unless you have a new definition for dribbling.

Abeg come off it!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 11:36am On Mar 16
komekn:

What's wrong with that โ“

None of our players will get into the England national team as it stands, not one.

So what does that make you โ“ should I say intelligent ๐Ÿค“

osimhen placed 8th in the last ballon d'or not too long ago. Higher than every English players nominated in the year. The only English man that outscored him in the whole of 2023 was kane but apparently he is not good enough to make the mighty 3 lions. I admire your consistency in putting out drivel and rubbish without stop. No change oo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tinneh: 11:41am On Mar 16
Musa never announce retirement yet?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:46am On Mar 16
Tinneh:
Musa never announce retirement yet?

Itโ€™s not necessary..not all players announce their retirement from eagles team selection ๐Ÿฆ…

Some retire by default (Dey stop getting invites ;itโ€™s dt simple)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 12:11pm On Mar 16
Princezibk:
like how they talk down on Anthony Joshua that he publicly neglected us

Exactly

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 12:16pm On Mar 16
Goke7:

He will always go personal cos he believes heโ€™s more knowledgeable than others in every matter he expresses his views

It's actually a manifestation of low self esteem..
People with low self esteem are quick to attack others because they perceive others look down on them, so they attack first..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 12:17pm On Mar 16
zuchyblink:

The Almighty English team.....lol

Our guys go flood this team abeg
See how pipes full everywhere

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 12:20pm On Mar 16
Napoli players are angry with and probably jealous of Osimhen
Man should leave their club for them..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tinneh: 12:28pm On Mar 16
elyte89:

Itโ€™s not necessary..not all players announce their retirement from eagles team selection ๐Ÿฆ…

Some retire by default (Dey stop getting invites ;itโ€™s dt simple)
When you get the job sir, please stop inviting him

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:40pm On Mar 16
Tinneh:

When you get the job sir, please stop inviting him

Alrightโ€ฆI will fulfill ur request ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 12:55pm On Mar 16
Amedino99:
e no reach that level. If we did not die when we failed to get dele, saka, Tammy, tomori, (olise) and eze we will be fine without folorunsho. Poaching foreign born talents has always been a problem for us but we have fared well despite their absence.

Bro e don pass that level ahhh

Must we wait them to be rejected by countries of their choice before we steal them which level na

Nff is not proactive at all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:59pm On Mar 16
zuchyblink:

Bassey,Awoniyi,Boniface and Osimhen will not get into English team? Take it easy on that substance you are abusing

You are very right not one of them .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:08pm On Mar 16
komekn:

If there were people who had the boldness to say VO cannot dribble then your video gives credence to that view.

Unless you have a new definition for dribbling.
and the Haaland video you posted is? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:16pm On Mar 16
typicalgamer:

Must we wait them to be rejected by countries of their choice before we steal them which level na

Why do you think Ademola and Oviemuno after attending U17 trials in London were not selected โ“

Do you know Ejaria has been wanting to play for Nigeria even before England u21. But nobody called his name.

You may agree or disagree. NFF officials are preoccupied with one thing, self interest, what they can get, not the best players.

Youth players are tied to NFF official and their proxy football โšฝ academies. So that possible development/ compensation fees can be paid to them.

Nigerian born and resident players will on account of our dire socio-economic situation ,sign their lives to NFF officials because otherwise they will be dropped.

European players don't understand that language and are not desperate. ln addition they don't need Nigerian youth football โšฝ to boost their careers. Go and see what 16 year old Nwaneri contract is at Arsenal.

The NFF is proactive in looking for selfish deals to create wealth for individual NFF officials.

A esteemed long standing contributor on this thread was justifying why the NFF coaches and officials are entitled to a share in any fees ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•

Finally, anybody remember Sone Aluko did exceptional for the SE , but was never recalled. I wonder why โ“
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 1:40pm On Mar 16
typicalgamer:

the players we lose to these countries are players that have shown abilities and potential to make it. The fact that we need players does not mean we just cap any new player that shows promise. Imagine we rushed to cap ejiara, Jordan ibe, seyi ojo, Fred onyedimma and other English players that showed promise at early stages that their careers are currently stagnant. If we kept on playing those players imagine the amount of home born players we would have denied opportunities to play for us. There are hundreds of Nigerian born players in the UK who show promise but we should have some basic requirements in the quality of players we can cap.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 1:49pm On Mar 16
Amedino99:
osimhen placed 8th in the last ballon d'or not too long ago. Higher than every English players nominated in the year. The only English man that outscored him in the whole of 2023 was kane but apparently he is not good enough to make the mighty 3 lions. I admire your consistency in putting out drivel and rubbish without stop. No change oo

Youโ€™re telling me that osimehn will bench kane in the English squad top 9 ๐Ÿคฃ

Even osimehn himself go laugh you ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 1:50pm On Mar 16
lbrichman2:

Our guys go flood this team abeg
See how pipes full everywhere

As smart as youโ€™re boss

Keep deceiving yourself our boys will flood this team ๐Ÿ˜‚

Sรฃo Tomรฉ and principale fc
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 1:50pm On Mar 16
lbrichman2:
Napoli players are angry with and probably jealous of Osimhen
Man should leave their club for them..

This is not new news na since last season

When there were rumors that heโ€™s leaving
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 1:55pm On Mar 16
Amedino99:
the players we lose to these countries are players that have shown abilities and potential to make it. The fact that we need players does not mean we just cap any new player that shows promise. Imagine we rushed to cap ejiara, Jordan ibe, seyi ojo, Fred onyedimma and other English players that showed promise at early stages that their careers are currently stagnant. If we kept on playing those players imagine the amount of home born players we would have denied opportunities to play for us. There are hundreds of Nigerian born players in the UK who show promise but we should have some basic requirements in the quality of players we can cap.

As much as i hate to admit it i fully agree with you on this, but something has to give

Our youth system i donโ€™t know where they pull these boys from but weโ€™re steady going downhill since them osimehn era

Youth football was our bread and butter, i donโ€™t know where these lapses happened that we started picking mediocre players all in the name of academies like wtf man

Gone are the days of open trials man

Normally any tournaments that involve u17-u-19-u-21 Nigeria has a very good odds to finish 1-2- or 3 but now na round of 16 and inshalah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:58pm On Mar 16
Don't bother arguing with CAPtain planet once he reads or hears English speaking football all logical reasoning flies out the window.

Amedino99:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 1:58pm On Mar 16
For your own mental health,
readers discretion is advised always against Komkn posts on this thread.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:00pm On Mar 16
komekn:

Why do you think Ademola and Oviemuno after attending U17 trials in London were not selected โ“

Do you know Ejaria has been wanting to play for Nigeria even before England u21. But nobody called his name.

You may agree or disagree. NFF officials are preoccupied with one thing, self interest, what they can get, not the best players.

Youth players are tied to NFF official and their proxy football โšฝ academies. So that possible development/ compensation fees can be paid to them.

Nigerian born and resident players will on account of our dire socio-economic situation ,sign their lives to NFF officials because otherwise they will be dropped.

European players don't understand that language and are not desperate. ln addition they don't need Nigerian youth football โšฝ to boost their careers. Go and see what 16 year old Nwaneri contract is at Arsenal.

The NFF is proactive in looking for selfish deals to create wealth for individual NFF officials.

A esteemed long standing contributor on this thread was justifying why the NFF coaches and officials are entitled to a share in any fees ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•

Finally, anybody remember Sone Aluko did exceptional for the SE , but was never recalled. I wonder why โ“

In Nigeria coaches and nff eyes why would i pick ovie ejaria and I can pick jeminu and all of his sign up fee will be shared by his national team youth coach, me and his father until these crappy selection process stops I donโ€™t see us progressing except having least 3 break out stars in each set

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 2:12pm On Mar 16
typicalgamer:

Youโ€™re telling me that osimehn will bench kane in the English squad top 9 ๐Ÿคฃ

it is not about benching Kane,is about whether Osinhen will be able to make the English team which includes the substitutes and the bench.

How about Kane starts,then later Osimhen comes in second half,or when he is injured,
is this not possible as it stands now?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 2:13pm On Mar 16
typicalgamer:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 2:14pm On Mar 16
typicalgamer:

where did you see bench Kane in my post. He said NONE of our players would make the team. I hope you know a team is more than just the starting eleven. Washed up Henderson is in the team but none of our players can make the 3 lions๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

(1) (2) (3) ... (15981) (15982) (15983) (15984) (15985) (15986) (15987) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: uchenna55, Napoleon55(m) and 18 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.