Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (15988) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11634702 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15985) (15986) (15987) (15988) (15989) (15990) (15991) ... (16139) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 10:46pm On Mar 16
typicalgamer:

Na you know Watin you they talk o

As a Nigerian the i was raised to expect that no African team is better than us in terms of soccer ⚽️

Anything short of trophy na failure

In my eyes we’re the brazil of Africa it’s either first place or failure Simple as that

your beloved England is yet to win the Euros

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 10:48pm On Mar 16
Goke7:

your beloved England is yet to win the Euros

You must be smoking cheap crack

Go up and read my favorite country first forever Nigeria

I watch our match highlights with Iceland and friendly against Argentina 🇦🇷 on a stead i they use those one hold body when we they pipe people no be Watin we get now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 10:49pm On Mar 16
typicalgamer:

I watch our match highlights with Iceland and friendly against Argentina 🇦🇷 on a stead i they use those one hold body when we they pipe people no be Watin we get now

grin na so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:52pm On Mar 16
typicalgamer:

I’m being serious here when last did with have a world class super star of osimehn value

Who has the ability, market value and star power to back it up.

P.s mikel was a star but he’s no way a super star

Why was Mikel not a Super Star? In one of the best teams of the game in an era, he stood strong and regular. No player would have lasted that long in Chelsea playing that regular without being a Superstar.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 11:01pm On Mar 16
TheGoodJoe:

Why was Mikel not a Super Star? In one of the best teams of the game in an era, he stood strong and regular. No player would have lasted that long in Chelsea playing that regular without being a Superstar.

Mikel was just a cog ⚙️ in an engine he was never the main man

He’s a glorified role player and there’s nothing more than that

Me not calling him a super star was my error in judgment i take that back

World class is what i mean mikel is not world class
If you to talk about durability remember Jamie carragher played his entire life in anfield started games for years but he’s not world class

So it’s not how long you played

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 11:19pm On Mar 16
typicalgamer:

Oga 800 times I’ll pick rashford over osimehn na your cup of tea be that

He never see watin rashford don see he never face pressure self

Anything osimehn is doing now rashford don do am pass

He’s a far more complete player than osimenh so rest

If no be now when party don too ful rashford head
He’s been England second option upfront right from 2018 till now if that’s not class i don’t know what is

How many golden boot has Rashford won in his career?

Osimhen is the current APOTY, has Rashford ever won European player of the year?

Osimhen won AFCON qualifiers golden boot, which one has Rashford won?

You're nothing, but a 🤡

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:24pm On Mar 16
typicalgamer:

I’m being serious here when last did with have a world class super star of osimehn value

Who has the ability, market value and star power to back it up.

P.s mikel was a star but he’s no way a super star
I’m actually talking about how you rate Henderson, everybody knows he’s trash even Ajax fans are complaining

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 11:37pm On Mar 16
What's wrong with you this man/woman? cheesy grin. "No player would last that long in Chelsea playing that regular without being a Superstar" Are you kidding me? Besides he wasn't always regular. There were seasons when he wasn't playing regularly. Sometimes he was brought in to see out a game. The man was Physical. He was a decent/good DM(i am being very generous with good), that's it. I remember when people used to insult him for his constant back passes(which was mainly the result of his inability to create). I sometimes like to argue that he could have been better if he developed as an 8. Well, we will never know. He was never a Superstar. Micheal Essien was a better DM, yet i would only go as far as saying he was a good/very good midfielder with some superstar performances.
TheGoodJoe:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 11:39pm On Mar 16
quickberry:

How many golden boot has Rashford won in his career?

Osimhen is the current APOTY, has Rashford ever won European player of the year?

Osimhen won AFCON qualifiers golden boot, which one has Rashford won?

You're nothing, but a 🤡

How many goals did MR SAO TOME AND PRINCIPAL
score in afcon ??

No let me call am one season wonder o i use god beg you

Osimehn came into the scene last season and you’re using him to compare rashford wonders shall never end

I shame for you see truth talk

Joke aside see truth talk see truth talk abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 11:41pm On Mar 16
benji93:
What's wrong with you this man/woman? cheesy grin. "No player would last that long in Chelsea playing that regular without being a Superstar" Are you kidding me? Besides he wasn't always regular. There were seasons when he wasn't playing regularly. Sometimes he was brought in to see out a game. The man was Physical. He was a decent/good DM(i am being very generous with good), that's it. I remember when people used to insult him for his constant back passes(which is sometimes the result of his inability to create). I sometimes like to argue that he could have been better if he developed as an 8. Well, we will never know. He was never a Superstar. Micheal Essien was a better DM, yet i would only go as far as saying he was a good/very good midfielder with some superstar performances.

God bless you, mikel is very good no doubt but super star (not popularity o) he’s not

Imagine busquets brain 🧠 inside mikel body Jehovah lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 11:54pm On Mar 16
jihday:
I’m actually talking about how you rate Henderson, everybody knows he’s trash even Ajax fans are complaining

Oga you’re crying for washed up ndidi so we’re in the same boat as it stands ndidi will be a backup number 6 at a big club since we want to talk about washed player

Your best defender couldn’t even cut it in the premier league and he went on to win player of the tournament

So who are you to talk about who’s washed and who’s not

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:38am On Mar 17
benji93:
What's wrong with you this man/woman? cheesy grin. "No player would last that long in Chelsea playing that regular without being a Superstar" Are you kidding me? Besides he wasn't always regular. There were seasons when he wasn't playing regularly. Sometimes he was brought in to see out a game. The man was Physical. He was a decent/good DM(i am being very generous with good), that's it. I remember when people used to insult him for his constant back passes(which was mainly the result of his inability to create). I sometimes like to argue that he could have been better if he developed as an 8. Well, we will never know. He was never a Superstar. Micheal Essien was a better DM, yet i would only go as far as saying he was a good/very good midfielder with some superstar performances.

All you typed here did not counter my point.

Mikel lasted long because he was a Superstar. He was underrated because of a lot people watch football for just flair and running. Mikel brought more to the team tactically that running and flair won't.

Mikel got dropped some times but in the end, he always made it back to the team. Even before his departure from Chelsea, Conte still wanted him back.

Mikel was a Superstar player.

Finito.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:41am On Mar 17
typicalgamer:

Mikel was just a cog ⚙️ in an engine he was never the main man

He’s a glorified role player and there’s nothing more than that

Me not calling him a super star was my error in judgment i take that back

World class is what i mean mikel is not world class
If you to talk about durability remember Jamie carragher played his entire life in anfield started games for years but he’s not world class

So it’s not how long you played

Even if you go the world class route, Mikel is absolutely the perfect definition of World class. Playing at the highest level for a long period of time. I think Mikel did ten years at Chelsea. This was a star studded Chelsea that all through were loaded with some of the best players in the game.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:11am On Mar 17
Hanibal:

Omo!
So Solanke, Ivan Toney, Ollie Watkins and Rashford are better strikers than the reigning African footballer of the year?
This is disrespectful not just to Osimhen, but the entire African continent.

As in ... As a coach you would select Solanke ahead of Osimhen? Really?
Even Solanke would not select himself!

Jesus! Does this guy even watch football?
Remind me... Last season's champions League final was between Man city and which team again? And from which league?, the last Europa League final was between Sevilla and which team, from which league?
What about the conference league final?

Insane! Just insane grin

Let me quote myself;

Do you think an England manager will select proven and tested forward players who have been consistently outstanding over several seasons in the EPL. Against a player who has had one break out season in Seria A.

Let's be specific Gareth Southgate and what's the qualifying attribute proven tested consistently outstanding in the EPL.

You get way too emotive nobody and biased. You may think that Seria A is the best league in Europe but I don't think Southgate thinks so. That's why Tomori and Smalling irrespective of their exploits in Seria A are not getting invited.

There are probably three slots for strikers Kane, Ollie & Ivan. Rashford gets in possibly but not certain because he can play wing.

Maybe 🤔 if VO had played in the EPL over several seasons and been outstanding then he might be in the squad. But knowing Southgate squad selection pattern, he will not get in IMO.

Finally, we are talking about my preferences but making projections about Southgate selection into the England squad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nwamazi8: 1:25am On Mar 17
Abeg does anyone close to the NFF know why there's sudden silence about the coaching situation? Finidi is supposed to be the interim coach to manage both friendly games, but who are his assistants?

Secondly, the likes of Awoniyi, Gab Osho and from reports Osimhen are currently injured, who are their replacements? Do this NFF idiots realize we have a crucial WCQ in about 90 days time and should take our preparations very very seriously?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:47am On Mar 17
typicalgamer:

Oga 800 times I’ll pick rashford over osimehn na your cup of tea be that

He never see watin rashford don see he never face pressure self

Anything osimehn is doing now rashford don do am pass

He’s a far more complete player than osimenh so rest

If no be now when party don too ful rashford head
He’s been England second option upfront right from 2018 till now if that’s not class i don’t know what is
he should win league, he should be epl top scorer, he should be epl mvp then we can have this discussion once again but for now this your argument lack substance. they don’t even play the same wing but there was a time he was United’s main man

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:49am On Mar 17
typicalgamer:

Oga you’re crying for washed up ndidi so we’re in the same boat as it stands ndidi will be a backup number 6 at a big club since we want to talk about washed player

Your best defender couldn’t even cut it in the premier league and he went on to win player of the tournament

So who are you to talk about who’s washed and who’s not
I don’t understand, where did you see Ndidi? Not sure anybody said we have a better squad than England so I don’t understand what you are saying
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Hanibal(m): 5:00am On Mar 17
komekn:

Let me quote myself;

Do you think an England manager will select proven and tested forward players who have been consistently outstanding over several seasons in the EPL. Against a player who has had one break out season in Seria A.

Let's be specific Gareth Southgate and what's the qualifying attribute proven tested consistently outstanding in the EPL.

You get way too emotive nobody and biased. You may think that Seria A is the best league in Europe but I don't think Southgate thinks so. That's why Tomori and Smalling irrespective of their exploits in Seria A are not getting invited.

There are probably three slots for strikers Kane, Ollie & Ivan. Rashford gets in possibly but not certain because he can play wing.

Maybe 🤔 if VO had played in the EPL over several seasons and been outstanding then he might be in the squad. But knowing Southgate squad selection pattern, he will not get in IMO.

Finally, we are talking about my preferences but making projections about Southgate selection into the England squad.

One last time.... You actually don't watch football.

If you do you'll know Fikayo Tomori is no longer a guaranteed starter at AC Milan.

And Chris Smalling? How many times has that one gotten into a Roma team sheet this season?

If these players had Nigerian passports you'll call them bench warmers.
But of course, English men do exploits wether on the bench or on the pitch grin
Anywhere they find themselves.... Na exploit and consistent outstanding qualitative quality.

But of course, you wouldn't know; because you don't watch football, you're not involved in football outside of Wikipedia and a love for England, your "fruits" is proof.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 6:08am On Mar 17
Nwamazi8:
Abeg does anyone close to the NFF know why there's sudden silence about the coaching situation? Finidi is supposed to be the interim coach to manage both friendly games, but who are his assistants?

Secondly, the likes of Awoniyi, Gab Osho and from reports Osimhen are currently injured, who are their replacements? Do this NFF idiots realize we have a crucial WCQ in about 90 days time and should take our preparations very very seriously?

According to report on leadership newspaper, the technical committee is convinced that foreign coach is the best for now, they will advise NFF to go with whoever is recommended, about 40 foreign coaches applied. But if Finidi should do well in the friendlies, he has a big chance getting the job

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 6:20am On Mar 17
typicalgamer:

score in afcon ??

Osimehn came into the scene last season and you’re using him to compare rashford wonders shall never end

If after seeing the bolded, you still choose to continue argument with this guy, na you sabi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 6:21am On Mar 17
TheGoodJoe:

All you typed here did not counter my point.

Mikel lasted long because he was a Superstar. He was underrated because of a lot people watch football for just flair and running. Mikel brought more to the team tactically that running and flair won't.

Mikel got dropped some times but in the end, he always made it back to the team. Even before his departure from Chelsea, Conte still wanted him back.

Mikel was a Superstar player.

Finito.

Completely agree

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:02am On Mar 17
jihday:
he should win league, he should be epl top scorer, he should be epl mvp then we can have this discussion once again but for now this your argument lack substance. they don’t even play the same wing but there was a time he was United’s main man

Bro rashford debuted 2015

Osimenh started to see the limelight in 2020 😂

Since we’re all being ret@ded

Robinho is better than Jay Jay okocha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 9:09am On Mar 17
Hanibal:

Omo!
So Solanke, Ivan Toney, Ollie Watkins and Rashford are better strikers than the reigning African footballer of the year?
This is disrespectful not just to Osimhen, but the entire African continent.

As in ... As a coach you would select Solanke ahead of Osimhen? Really?
Even Solanke would not select himself!

Jesus! Does this guy even watch football?
Remind me... Last season's champions League final was between Man city and which team again? And from which league?, the last Europa League final was between Sevilla and which team, from which league?
What about the conference league final?

Insane! Just insane grin
I tire o! He doesn't cease to amaze me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Princezibk: 9:19am On Mar 17
Goke7:

this is ridiculous as if we should ban domestic football in Nigeria, It's now a sin to start your soccer career in Nigeria. Am sick of Nigerians being profiled unnecessarily all over the world but when we ourselves don dey profile ourselves, wetin remain?
You get ! Other countries elevate and highly package their stars on media and beyond, even the average players are well wrapped . The English team are big examples, over priced players of which most of the players ain’t better than ours but cuz they re English . Presently majority of the top countries lack exceptional talents , Infact we get pass them now but trust Nigerians to belittle and not appreciate ourselves…

Assuming I know that komekn physically, I’ll would have teared him a dirty slap 👋.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Princezibk: 9:22am On Mar 17
typicalgamer:

Swears , Musa moses and co were phenomenal,,, I watch that highlights till date
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 9:34am On Mar 17
Princezibk:
Swears , Musa moses and co were phenomenal,,, I watch that highlights till date

Musa wey dem don finish for here, they will tell you he was never world class. phew
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Princezibk: 9:34am On Mar 17
typicalgamer:

score in afcon ??

You wanted to call Victor a season wonder I fear 😨 people like you . Victor is a Class & world renowned striker , he only needs to fine tune one or two things to become complete…

All you naysayers to deal with it ( victor is a phenomenal player) rashford can’t lace his shoes .Assuming he has dual nationality, England , Italy, Spain Germany and co will never let him slip off to us . Abeg

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Princezibk: 9:36am On Mar 17
jihday:
Confirm 👍

(1) (2) (3) ... (15985) (15986) (15987) (15988) (15989) (15990) (15991) ... (16139) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Damioduso1, jihday(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.