Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,097 members, 7,814,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16047) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11641352 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16044) (16045) (16046) (16047) (16048) (16049) (16050) ... (16143) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:51pm On Mar 30
Philosopher1979:
Ac milan playing now
Chukwueze starts and seems to be playing well from stats and commentary.
Created a chance and forced a save from the keeper.
Match rating of 4 over 5

From commentary

CHANCE! Chukwueze skips past Biraghi with ease before driving towards the byline and laying a pass off to the penalty spot for Giroud. The France international delays his shot slightly to put the ball on his preferred left foot, but his close-range effort is easily saved by Terracciano.
he is doing well in the game so far
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 10:28pm On Mar 30
I do hope you are watching Milan vs Flo on Paramount.
You can clearly see the bias commentary in favor of Pulisic over Chuku.

Despite Chuku playing his best game for Milan this season the CBS commentators are trying as much as possible to play his impact down.

If you like continue undermining your own as Black men wey no dey ever get sense!
Peace!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 11:43pm On Mar 30
charlesemeka85:

Ge even had a peeassist for one if the goals. His combination with another player opened up the fiorentina defence

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:30am On Mar 31
do4luv14:

I meant to type good Coach

besides his work in Holland speaks for him, his undoing are his poor man-management
the one in holland speaks but his super eagles job doesn’t speak for him? I hope you know we have coaches who are one season wonder too

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 3:55am On Mar 31
Marjoribanks:
I do hope you are watching Milan vs Flo on Paramount.
You can clearly see the bias commentary in favor of Pulisic over Chuku.

Despite Chuku playing his best game for Milan this season the CBS commentators are trying as much as possible to play his impact down.

If you like continue undermining your own as Black men wey no dey ever get sense!
Peace!

You are right. But you should also consider the fact that Pulisoc is American and is the face of American soccer. CBS is an American broadcaster so they would have a slight bias.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 5:29am On Mar 31
Why is the "but" when your submission is simply a repetition of my post. Support yours, the way they are supporting theirs.
Ppogbae:

You are right. But you should also consider the fact that Pulisoc is American and is the face of American soccer. CBS is an American broadcaster so they would have a slight bias.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:25am On Mar 31
charlesemeka85:

He is doing well, yet no goal or assist

That is why these players keep underperforming because we keep over-reporting their mediocre performances

The coach may have a bias for pulisic but Chukwueze has not really played well at all this season

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 10:27am On Mar 31
Blueelf:

He is doing well, yet no goal or assist

That is why these players keep underperforming because we keep over-reporting their mediocre performances

The coach may have a bias for pulisic but Chukwueze has not really played well at all this season

I don't understand he had a preassist for the first goal
The chance he created was not converted.
Underlying stats are the real deal.
I'm not a chukwueze fan but he played well in his last 2 matches.
His coaches are not blind not to see how well he played

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:10am On Mar 31
jihday:
the one in holland speaks but his super eagles job doesn’t speak for him? I hope you know we have coaches who are one season wonder too

I do,

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 11:54am On Mar 31
Marjoribanks:
Why is the "but" when your submission is simply a repetition of my post. Support yours, the way they are supporting theirs.

You are looking at it from a racial POV whereas I'm focusing on nationality. Pulisic could've been Black American and still would've most likely received preferential praise from American broadcasters.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 12:50pm On Mar 31
Death is swallowed up in victory....

The cross,which was willed by wicked men was woven by God into the tapestry of world redemption.

Happy Easter to all of us

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Towbaba500(m): 1:01pm On Mar 31
Happy Sunday and happy easter

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:21pm On Mar 31
Philosopher1979:

I don't understand he had a preassist for the first goal
The chance he created was not converted.
Underlying stats are the real deal.
I'm not a chukwueze fan but he played well in his last 2 matches.
His coaches are not blind not to see how well he played
Some of them only go to live score to check whether they scored or assist without actually watching them play

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:35pm On Mar 31
Akpom with a brace

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:37pm On Mar 31
Meliforme:

Both have different applications and or uses.

Dennis is a player who understands defending from the front, he does that better than all our strikers. He is a player that likes to win, he carries Osimhen kind of vibes. He is a fantastic dribbler. He seems to have redefined himself especially in the striker role.

However his passing, holding on to the ball, are areas he needs to work on, those deficiencies limits his role as a winger, but he excels well as a striker.
You ehn, na wa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:39pm On Mar 31
Truidstarr:
Oga Abeg…….
😂😂😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 6:35pm On Mar 31
lol! You go just put your assumptions on others. Who told you that and how does my post portray that? Simple post that everyone understood the context, you just suddenly came up with your own ridiculous assumption.
Ppogbae:

You are looking at it from a racial POV whereas I'm focusing on nationality. Pulisic could've been Black American and still would've most likely received preferential praise from American broadcasters.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 6:42pm On Mar 31
7 more matches to go in Bundesliga. 13 points gap. Leverkusen need to loose 4 and draw the 5th for Bayern to catch up if they win all. Inversely they are champions already unless they ultra bottle up. Another Trophyless season season for Harry Kane. Be like village people dey reason that guy too much.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 6:43pm On Mar 31
I watched the highlight of Philip Otele and was amazed at how technical the boy is.
No wonder he is wanted by Brighton to be loaned to USG.

We played two friendlies and such player was not invited?
Well even out of the 26 players invited only 14 played. Pathetic coaching!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 7:11pm On Mar 31
comodo:
7 more matches to go in Bundesliga. 13 points gap. Leverkusen need to loose 4 and draw the 5th for Bayern to catch up if they win all. Inversely they are champions already unless they ultra bottle up. Another Trophyless season season for Harry Kane. Be like village people dey reason that guy too much.
3 more wins to seal the title?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:27pm On Mar 31
Some people in here were actually hyping Madueke of PSV?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:30pm On Mar 31
Oya old boys in the house name dem…

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzerooo: 10:28pm On Mar 31
Marjoribanks:
I watched the highlight of Philip Otele and was amazed at how technical the boy is.
No wonder he is wanted by Brighton to be loaned to USG.

We played two friendlies and such player was not invited?
Well even out of the 26 players invited only 14 played. Pathetic coaching!

What a name

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:03pm On Mar 31
lol if I were a coach I wouldn’t field a player forced on me.

I don’t have time for u guys tribal rubbish talk. I be full Urhobo man with no tribal interest.

Modified

The problem is (if I’m not mistaking) some monikers here are trying to pin tribalism on Finidi which can never hold water.

Marjoribanks:
Your hypocrisy stink!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:09pm On Mar 31
I just saw a video now showing amuneke prior to rivers utd vs Algiers caf league match…hope no b say dem wan give am d super eagles job..person wey I better pass😏😏😏?

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:11pm On Mar 31
He gave Lookman time all the same, though Lookman has proved to be a key player and could have even been fielded as a CF

I can understand if he doesn’t
rate Fisayo. But Tella should have gotten game time.

charlesemeka85:
I don’t really blame him much for not playing sadiq but refusing to give the duo Yusuf and Bashiru playing time, stating the Mali game without an out n out CF, not making his subs early, not starting lookman and not changing his tactics early in the second half
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:20pm On Mar 31
Sadiq did not deserve it. Many pages back I sang his praises. But today he has not done enough to be in the convo.

The stats does not support your stance. Add to that he is light weight and would be easily bullied.

Marjoribanks:
I agree that NFF influenced the choice of Musa to AFCON but saying Sadiq does not deserve his call up is a big conspiracy. There were rooms to select three other players but Paserio refused.

Like I postulated when the issue of Sadiq injury at pre-AFCON came out. I knew there were some forces that wanted him out and the injury came at the right time to send him packing.
Even Paserio said he was surprise at how soon Sadiq got back playing after the team Nigerian Doctors made their shameful analysis. I believe then that the reason was not football related. Now I understand why-- his boastfulness!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:33pm On Mar 31
It’s funny when Osimhen and Awoniyi are not available we look like a country without depth in attack. The right invitations are not made.

maidaboi:
Akpom with a brace

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 12:11am On Apr 01
You are acting as both the judge and the petitioner. To you accusing Finidi of tribalism does not hold water but Sadiq invitation is based on tribalism. Continue! Lol! You accuse others of what you indeed are!
Joebie:
lol if I were a coach I wouldn’t field a player forced on me.

I don’t have time for u guys tribal rubbish talk. I be full Urhobo man with no tribal interest.

Modified

The problem is (if I’m not mistaking) some monikers here are trying to pin tribalism on Finidi which can never hold water.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 12:15am On Apr 01
What has Iheanacho done as at today to be in the convo based on your stat? Let us start from there. We are both from the South so that tribal crap does not hold water for me. I am for objectivity and honesty.
Joebie:
Sadiq did not deserve it. Many pages back I sang his praises. But today he has not done enough to be in the convo.

The stats does not support your stance. Add to that he is light weight and would be easily bullied.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:22am On Apr 01
elyte89:
I just saw a video now showing amuneke prior to rivers utd vs Algiers caf league match…hope no b say dem wan give am d super eagles job..person wey I better pass😏😏😏?
well, it seems he’s the chosen one

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:36am On Apr 01
Iheanacho is proven in SE colors.Any player who is doing better in Europe not only deserves a chance but also need perform in thr GWG. What does Sadiq have going for him past or present? Mind you I rated Sadiq based on his La Liga 2 exploit

I particularly asked you what u are accusing Finidi of. Come clear let me understand. Most of us here have criticized him. What’s the basis of your own criticism from ur previous comments?

Marjoribanks:
What has Iheanacho done as at today to be in the convo based on your stat? Let us start from there. We are both from the South so that tribal crap does not hold water for me. I am for objectivity and honesty.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16044) (16045) (16046) (16047) (16048) (16049) (16050) ... (16143) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gamaliel9, Tolulopefinest(m), Meliforme, Kog45(m), Philosopher1979, kellycute(m), DrYa, elyte89, TheGoodJoe(m), do4luv14(m), Amedino99(m), dijon and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.