Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,929 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16073) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11659997 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16070) (16071) (16072) (16073) (16074) (16075) (16076) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:49am On Apr 12
I watched a good part of the game Kog45. Especially Uzoho's howler, Iheanacho's goal and yes the scene where Boniface or the saudi scored. How could you make such bold yet ignorant claim when you weren't with me at all? It is very funny.

Yes, I was on my leave away from NL but must I be on NL before I can see a few games shown online? There was a debate on who got that final touch between Boniface and that Saudi Defender. I ultimately felt it was given to Boniface as I watched that scenario over and over again and Transfermrkt credited Boniface as well. Although some other sites didn't.

I also saw BascoVanVeli's highlights of the same game and it was close to call. Even he wasn't sure if it was Boniface's or an own goal.

But anyway, let us say it was indeed an own goal..it is still too early to say he hasn't scored in the Eagles seeing that he has only started 2 games out of 5 games played.

Kog45:
No doctor,you forgot you Dey surgical duty during those periods and was off here. I know you didn’t watched the match, our goals came from own goal and Iheanacho.

How I wished Boni and Awo were available during Afcon…..Boni would have paired Osimhen upfront with Awo on the bench replacing tiring Osimhen like 20 minutes to go,possibly JP would have changed his rigid tactics
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:50am On Apr 12
Yep. A few sites didn't credit him. Transfermrkt did. Seeing that replay, even you would still be confused due to the camera angles of the replay.

Amedino99:
Google said it was an own goal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:59am On Apr 12
Scoring after 8 years he said. Mehn, Boniface is a spoilsport😂

I can imagine him scoring the winner or final goal for Nigeria against a major rival in the Afcon final and finding the perfect way to troll them. That guy na real werey 💯😭

semid4lyfe:

Boniface na werey and cruise master. Apart from being a player, he's also a fan of the game and follows it keenly.

See the way he bantered Onyedika when he scored those two goals and now he's mocking Kudus.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:10pm On Apr 12
Kog45:
KDB will be counted amongst the all time greats only if he turns Belgium around.

Story. KDB has done better in goal contributions than those you consider all time greats. So how will he not be counted? Because of 7 match tourneys?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 12:24pm On Apr 12
Kog45:
KDB will be counted amongst the all time greats only if he turns Belgium around.

Some of una takes here self they surprise me o

KDB is better than any midfielder. The premier league has ever seen for the past 100 years

His only downfall is big game choke and injury issues

With Belgium or no Belgium he’ll be inducted into fifa hall of fame and epl hall of fame

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 12:41pm On Apr 12
TheGoodJoe:

Story. KDB has done better in goal contributions than those you consider all time greats. So how will he not be counted? Because of 7 match tourneys?
Are u trying to say that KDB is better than all those we considered all time great because he has better goal contributions?

Neyma Jnr. has more goals than Pele and R9,should we say he is better also?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:43pm On Apr 12
Napoleon55:

Are trying to say KDB is better than all those we consider all time great?

Neyma Jnr. has more goals than Pele and R9,should we say he is better also?

What I typed is clear. KDB is better than them when it comes to goal contributions. There are things they are better than KDB but Kevin De Bruyne is better than them in what he does.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:46pm On Apr 12
U-17 coach announced….coach manu garba

Next
Super eagles - ME 😎😎

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:52pm On Apr 12
Manu Garba appointed golden Eaglet coach

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 12:57pm On Apr 12
TheGoodJoe:

What I typed is clear. KDB is better than them when it comes to goal contributions. There are things they are better than KDB but Kevin De Bruyne is better than them in what he does.
Nobody will deny how good KDB is.

Forget long story,nobody is a kid here,
people just want to know who is better between KDB and Zidan,without attaching any attribute to it.
just type Zidan or KDB simple,so everyone will rest.

for instance,
who is better between Pius Ikedia and George Finidi?
Answer: Finidi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 1:04pm On Apr 12
jihday:
Good.
5yrs contract will help him to perfect his plans and result will come
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 1:05pm On Apr 12
elyte89:

Next
Super eagles - ME 😎😎
And is Elyte89,congrats
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:07pm On Apr 12
Napoleon55:

And is Elyte89,congrats

God forbid!

Beware of ElyteBall.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:09pm On Apr 12
Manu Garba has his work cut out now because the Wafu B Qualifiers begin next month. He has between now and April 30 to at least get his players after screening and start shaping the team.

I suspect Ndula Ugbade and Bala Nikyu will join him as assistants.

Meanwhile ME is (A)Munike Emmanuel.😁😁

elyte89:

Next
Super eagles - ME 😎😎
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:31pm On Apr 12
Napoleon55:

Nobody will deny how good KDB is.

Forget long story,nobody is a kid here,
people just want to know who is better between KDB and Zidan,without attaching any attribute to it.
just type Zidan or KDB simple,so everyone will rest.

for instance,
who is better between Pius Ikedia and George Finidi?
Answer: Finidi

That is an unrealistic point when it concerns me. When it comes to direct contributions it is Kevin De Bruyne. When it comes to eye appealing and effective magic, it is Zidane.

When it comes to selection, it is preference. I prefer KDB to Zidane if I was to pick one. You might prefer Zidane to KDB. I don't think you can say this is better but instead you look at attributes they offer.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:32pm On Apr 12
jihday:

Again. Na wa. No other person.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 1:57pm On Apr 12
TheSuperNerd:
He has a goal for us already. He scored against Saudi Arabia.

Nah boss. That was an own goal. I've watched it severally. It's an own goal from the Saudi defender.

He only has one assist in SE colors.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:03pm On Apr 12
You have the perfect angle for that goal that shows it is absolutely an owngoal? Coz the clips I have still shows it could be 50-50 which explains why Transfermrkt granted it to Boniface.

Although, I have settled for the him not having a goal yet as couple other sites didn't count it as Boniface's

BankyGee:

Nah boss. That was an own goal. I've watched it severally. It's an own goal from the Saudi defender.

He only has one assist in SE colors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 2:58pm On Apr 12
TheGoodJoe:

That is an unrealistic point when it concerns me. When it comes to direct contributions it is Kevin De Bruyne. When it comes to eye appealing and effective magic, it is Zidane.

When it comes to selection, it is preference. I prefer KDB to Zidane if I was to pick one. You might prefer Zidane to KDB. I don't think you can say this is better but instead you look at attributes they offer.
Realistically, are u aware that 99% of every normal football follower including Pep will select Zidan over KDB and choose him as better footballer also?
is it possible that u know and understand football more than everyone as Komkn believes that he is wiser than every Nigerian alive?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 3:04pm On Apr 12
TheGoodJoe:

Again. Na wa. No other person.
others like Finidi is eying super eagles job.
this particular recycling is better than Ladan Bosso's
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 3:15pm On Apr 12
TheGoodJoe:

Spot on

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 3:19pm On Apr 12
Napoleon55:

Realistically, are u aware that 99% of every normal football follower including Pep will select Zidan over KDB and choose him as better footballer also?
is it possible that u know and understand football more than everyone as Komkn believes that he is wiser than every Nigerian alive?

Why are you trying to put words in his mouth?
The guy has said, for direct goal contributions, KDB is better..
And how do you know Pep will pick Zizou over KDB?
Are you in his mind?
Argue facts, not speculations

The fact is, in terms of direct goal contributions, KDB is way better than Zidane
That's all he's been saying since..

How hard is it to understand, even if you don't accept it?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:25pm On Apr 12
Napoleon55:

Where did I say I know football more than everyone? I am saying, Zidane did not play with the intensity of our team today. So he won't get picked unless he trained to meet the intensity and tactics of today.

You are not thinking towards that perspective.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:25pm On Apr 12
lbrichman2:

Are you in his mind?

The fact is, in terms of direct goal contributions, KDB is way better than Zidane

Thank you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:35pm On Apr 12
Napoleon55:

Keep in mind Ronaldinho had to go. Guardiola dropped him. He also dropped Deco.

Football is more dynamic.

Personally, I have always seen Zidane as a tactical genius. Always. While some watched him for his skills, I watched him for his decision making.

Do I think Zidane would have excelled in this generation of the modern game? Absolutely. Do I think he would have been a monster, absolutely? But, you need to understand he would have been a different player from what lies in our imagination.

I believe he would have been more forward but unfortunately, we can only speculate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:35pm On Apr 12
TheSuperNerd:
I watched a good part of the game Kog45. Especially Uzoho's howler, Iheanacho's goal and yes the scene where Boniface or the saudi scored. How could you make such bold yet ignorant claim when you weren't with me at all? It is very funny.

Yes, I was on my leave away from NL but must I be on NL before I can see a few games shown online? There was a debate on who got that final touch between Boniface and that Saudi Defender. I ultimately felt it was given to Boniface as I watched that scenario over and over again and Transfermrkt credited Boniface as well. Although some other sites didn't.

I also saw BascoVanVeli's highlights of the same game and it was close to call. Even he wasn't sure if it was Boniface's or an own goal.

But anyway, let us say it was indeed an own goal..it is still too early to say he hasn't scored in the Eagles seeing that he has only started 2 games out of 5 games played.

Do not be offended by my comment….Yes we would have seen the best of him during Afcon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:45pm On Apr 12
typicalgamer:

Some of una takes here self they surprise me o

KDB is better than any midfielder. The premier league has ever seen for the past 100 years

His only downfall is big game choke and injury issues

With Belgium or no Belgium he’ll be inducted into fifa hall of fame and epl hall of fame
Sir,that’s my take on KDB.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:51pm On Apr 12
TheGoodJoe:

Super story.Ask Messi how winning WC nailed it for him.KDB no doubt has done it with man city but having solid WC performances would make him a player to be remembered in all time greats not great.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:59pm On Apr 12
No issues at all if he goes back to doing things the 2012/13 way.
jihday:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:09pm On Apr 12
jihday:
Not bad really. He and Nduka Ugbade are not bad choices for the Eaglets. Let's see the talents they will unearth for us this time around.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 4:20pm On Apr 12
lbrichman2:

Are you in his mind?

how hard is it for u and other 1% that will agree with him that having higher number of goal contribution does not make one a better or greater footballer than one who has less?
would u dare argue that Iwobi is better than Okocha because he has more goal contributions in SE
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:45pm On Apr 12
The difference is he has a short window this time to do so. Let's hope he hits it right with the time constraints. Wafu B u17 is in a month+ time.

Joebie:
No issues at all if he goes back to doing things the 2012/13 way.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16070) (16071) (16072) (16073) (16074) (16075) (16076) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lbrichman2, Odunayaw(m), kentebemoney, KanielOutis92, tikristinimi21, Suzzytee05(f) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.