Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,685 members, 7,816,794 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16072) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11658654 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16069) (16070) (16071) (16072) (16073) (16074) (16075) ... (16149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:34pm On Apr 11
Look at Arsenal today. Guy, don't be shocked to see them in the EPL race for the next five seasons with some league titles to show for it too. They have a manager with a philosophy that dictates what kind of players they go for on the market.

Arsenal's resurgence today was foreseen by even your former coach, Mourinho when he faced them as Tottenham coach. If you like, dey form pride... Arsenal's decade of titles flow begins. I say it because I can smell when blueprints are close to yielding success.

Same thing happened with Liverpool when they got Klopp and used his philosophy to build the success they have seen in recent years.

forgiveness:

Abeggg!! We no dey copy Arsenal. Na 10 years without epl bi dat. No way.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:35pm On Apr 11
TheSuperNerd:
Vinicius and Rodrygo were teens in their first season. Madrid didn't expect immediate impact but their spendings has paid off today because it was intentional and strategic.

Your spendings hasn't been well thought out. That is the truth. Yes, you are buying young players but that is all. You are just buying. No Real solid blueprint.

So, what is the difference? Just buying and they are playing every games except for injury?

What are you saying? Point to one player they bought recklessly?

So, you can't see the impact in Chelsea's game this season compared to last season? grin

Okay I hear.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:37pm On Apr 11
TheSuperNerd:
Look at Arsenal today. Guy, don't be shocked to see them in the EPL race for the next five seasons with some league titles to show for it too. They have a manager with a philosophy that dictates what kind of players they go for on the market.

Arsenal's resurgence today was foreseen by even your former coach, Mourinho when he faced them as Tottenham coach. If you like, dey form pride... Arsenal's decade of titles flow begins. I say it because I can smell when blueprints are close to yielding success.

Same thing happened with Liverpool when they got Klopp and used his philosophy to build the success they have seen in recent years.

We no dey wait for 10 years to win EPL infact, we wan win am next season. Abegggiii. Arsenal for where? Dat one na club? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:42pm On Apr 11
This Thread sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:56pm On Apr 11
Na Atalanta use Liverpool fry Akamu like dis tonight chaiii

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mrwilliams9: 12:07am On Apr 12
By this Sunday another of our Naija boys should be lifting a major league title.

It’s just a shame Boniface was injured for the past 4 months if not he could have been vying for one of Bayer Leverkusen’s best players or even one of the BuLi’s best players this season.

Still, his return should give them more ginger to go undefeated in Germany this season (BuLi and DfB Pokal) and possibly even pull off an invincible season in the EL as well. Schick and Iglesias don’t bring the same threat that Boniface does.

Last year it was Osimhen, this year Boniface, I wonder who it will be next year

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:14am On Apr 12
TheGoodJoe:

So you want us to rate Zidane on speculations?
which speculation? Abi when zizou Dey play na rugby fan u be then?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 2:37am On Apr 12
You argue like a young man who was introduced to soccer during Pep's era.

No reasonable human will rate De Bryne ahead of Zidane. De Bryne will not even make the list of the top 20 footballers of all time! Abeg rest this disrespect!
TheGoodJoe:

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:00am On Apr 12
TheGoodJoe:

You are right sir? KdB is better than all the greats combined whether na Cryuff, Zidane, Ronaldinho maybe Maradona too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:21am On Apr 12
femianski:

What will happen to Kolo Muani and Ramos?
don’t know about Muani but rumor says Ramos will be sold/loaned
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:26am On Apr 12
forgiveness:

Who told you? Mathematically speaking, Chelsea is still in. Wait till the season finishes first.
hallucination 😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:51am On Apr 12
Marjoribanks:
You argue like a young man who was introduced to soccer during Pep's era.[b][/b]

No reasonable human will rate De Bryne ahead of Zidane. De Bryne will not even make the list of the top 20 footballers of all time! Abeg rest this disrespect!
won’t be surprised if this is the fact

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 5:29am On Apr 12
charlesemeka85:
that it’s better for osimhen to join psg than chelsea? Well you hv your reasons but to me if he ends up at Paris the move will be a backward step in my opinion

No vex online warrior
He never too late for you to start your footballing career and join Chelsea
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:50am On Apr 12
What a goal... Bony's return

Victor Boniface's headed goal. I have watched it close to 10 times now and I just imagine what could have been if we had him at the Afcon especially for that final alongside Lookman and Osimhen. Kaaaiiiii... e pain me but next Afcon we will be there💥🥂 Africa go hear am again!

Back to the goal...

See goal here...⤵️
https://twitter.com/SiaranBolaLive/status/1778621979261841646?t=WR1hTJrLSvYPj1QbqMnZYA&s=19

Boniface took his first goal on return from a long injury layoff like a lad who never was sidelined. That is a difficult angled header to execute. And he executed it despite being flanked by two players behind and in front of him.
Not only did Boniface connect with the ball, he did it in a manner to direct the ball away from Fabianski and not towards him (some strikers would nod that ball straight at Fabianski or clip it but not on target).
He intentionally targeted that bottom right last angle. That was a wickedly superb header. The technique and power was in perfect sync.

Victor Okoh Boniface has indeed returned.

His 17th goal in all competitions, and 26th goal involvement (26 G+A) in 26 games across all competitions.

5 goals and 1 assist in the Europa League alone from 4 starts (6 games overall)

Bony the Beast is BACCCKKKK!!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:00am On Apr 12
Odunayaw:
VB na weray grin

Ghana must be bantered anytime the opportunity arises

Ghanaian fans seeing Boniface pull off Kudus' celebration in front of Kudus against Kudus' West Ham and Kudus "Kudn't" do anything about it....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 6:03am On Apr 12
TheSuperNerd:

Ghanaian fans seeing Boniface pull off Kudus' celebration in front of Kudus against Kudus' West Ham...

Boniface na werey and cruise master. Apart from being a player, he's also a fan of the game and follows it keenly.

See the way he bantered Onyedika when he scored those two goals and now he's mocking Kudus.

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:36am On Apr 12
Marjoribanks:
You argue like a young man who was introduced to soccer during Pep's era.

You just did not get the point. Muller in what was quoted above said Magic and aesthetics (eye appealing) Zidane rules them. I agree 100%. When it comes to goal contributions, De Bruyne and Muller rules. How can you tag this disrespect?

As Thiago Alcantara said, in the game today, there is little space to even turn with the ball. That is why we see less magic and more contributions.

No one is disrespecting Zidane but give KDB his respect. He is now among the greats.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TradingGod: 8:05am On Apr 12
TheSuperNerd:
Throwback Thursday

Reigning CAF African footballer of the year and one of the very best Strikers on the planet (Top 5), Victor Osimhen back in 2015 under Amunike's tutelage [/b]at the U17 WC against Current Real Madrid Top defender and UCL winner, [b]Eder Militao.

This was the U17 WC Quarter Finals vs Brazil. Nigeria won 3-0.

This is unnecessary at bolded undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TradingGod: 8:06am On Apr 12
TheSuperNerd:
Throwback Thursday

Reigning CAF African footballer of the year and one of the very best Strikers on the planet (Top 5), Victor Osimhen back in 2015 under Amunike's tutelage at the U17 WC against Current Real Madrid Top defender and UCL winner, Eder Militao.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TradingGod: 8:06am On Apr 12
TheSuperNerd:

Throwback Thursday

Reigning CAF African footballer of the year and one of the very best Strikers on the planet (Top 5), Victor Osimhen back in 2015 under Amunike's tutelage at the U17 WC against Current Real Madrid Top defender and UCL winner, Eder Militao.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:09am On Apr 12
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:36am On Apr 12
TheSuperNerd:
What a goal... Bony's return

Victor Boniface's headed goal. I have watched it close to 10 times now and I just imagine what could have been if we had him at the Afcon especially for that final alongside Lookman and Osimhen. Kaaaiiiii... e pain me but next Afcon we will be there💥🥂 Africa go hear am again!

Back to the goal...

See goal here...⤵️
https://twitter.com/SiaranBolaLive/status/1778621979261841646?t=WR1hTJrLSvYPj1QbqMnZYA&s=19

Boniface took his first goal on return from a long injury layoff like a lad who never was sidelined. That is a difficult angled header to execute. And he executed it despite being flanked by two players behind and in front of him.
Not only did Boniface connect with the ball, he did it in a manner to direct the ball away from Fabianski and not towards him (some strikers would nod that ball straight at Fabianski or clip it but not on target).
He intentionally targeted that bottom right last angle. That was a wickedly superb header. The technique and power was in perfect sync.

Victor Okoh Boniface has indeed returned.

His 17th goal in all competitions, and 26th goal involvement (26 G+A) in 26 games across all competitions.

5 goals and 1 assist in the Europa League alone from 4 starts (6 games overall)

Bony the Beast is BACCCKKKK!!!

I just hope he remains fit for the rest of our world cup qualifiers.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:00am On Apr 12
TheGoodJoe:

You just did not get the point. Muller in what was quoted above said Magic and aesthetics (eye appealing) Zidane rules them. I agree 100%. When it comes to goal contributions, De Bruyne and Muller rules. How can you tag this disrespect?

As Thiago Alcantara said, in the game today, there is little space to even turn with the ball. That is why we see less magic and more contributions.

No one is disrespecting Zidane but give KDB his respect. He is now among the greats.
KDB will be counted amongst the all time greats only if he turns Belgium around.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:02am On Apr 12
Icon4s:

I just hope he remains fit for the rest of our world cup qualifiers.
Really surprised Boniface has not been lucky with national team due to injury,no goal yet.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:21am On Apr 12
If everything goes well I sincerely believe he has a shot at the 2024 African Player of The Year.

charlesemeka85:
the guy immediately he got subbed in unsettled westham’s defense

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:29am On Apr 12
I like KDB but let people not be provoking thunder with blasphemous takes. Comparing Kevin who has choked in every big competition from WC to Euro to UCL to Zidane? Make una fear God. He never surpass Modric pesin jump go Zidane grin

forgiveness:

Wetin you dey expect? Bruyne to me na okay player. Even Hazard overshadowed him in Belgium National team.

The irony is that Modric is half has talented as Zidane. They both have similar pattern of play but Zidane is head and shoulders above him.

Which attributes dem get Zidane no get?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:31am On Apr 12
KDB himself fit use motor jam pesin wey talk such a thing.

charlesemeka85:
De Bruyne is a superb player no doubt, [b]I can’t take that off him but saying he is better than almighty zizou is sacrilegious to me [/b]and many here who saw the French magician play during his active years

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:41am On Apr 12
He has a goal for us already. He scored against Saudi Arabia.

Kog45:
Really surprised Boniface has not been lucky with national team due to injury,no goal yet.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 10:46am On Apr 12
TheSuperNerd:

Google said it was an own goal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:49am On Apr 12
TheSuperNerd:

No doctor,you forgot you Dey surgical duty during those periods and was off here.I know you didn’t watched the match,our goals came from own goal and Iheanacho.

How I wished Boni and Awo were available during Afcon…..Boni would have paired Osimhen upfront with Awo on the bench replacing tiring Osimhen like 20 minutes to go,possibly JP would have changed his rigid tactics
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:01am On Apr 12
Nwabali should really go back to looking like this because he looks heavy to me.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:17am On Apr 12
chrisooblog:
I like KDB but let people not be provoking thunder with blasphemous takes. Comparing Kevin who has choked in every big competition from WC to Euro to UCL to Zidane? Make una fear God. He never surpass Modric pesin jump go Zidane grin

Walahi!!!! Na blasphemous takes. Lmao.

As you rightly said, r never surpass Modric e jump go Zidane.

I no dey like see that kain thing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16069) (16070) (16071) (16072) (16073) (16074) (16075) ... (16149) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Truidstarr, AlbertoIancu, Philosopher1979, CaptainStephen(m), KpagoGIN(m), comodo, humility33(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.